• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 690 Views, 33 Comments

Blue Skye's Story - Skyfire Storm



My OC, a Pegasus pony named Blue Skye goes through life's ups and downs with his friends.

  • ...
8
 33
 690

School Days

August 19, 1994

Blue was a six-year old pegasus who was reaching a milestone in life; he would be starting Cloudsdale Elementary School. He was flown over to the school by Summer Skies.

"Mom?" Blue asked.

"What is it, honey?" she asked him.

"I'm nervous." he replied. "I don't know if I'll do good or if I'll do bad or if I'll make any friends." he said.

"Blue, you'll do just great. I know you will. Me and dad are so proud of you for reaching this stage in life." Summer comforted him.

"Oh, looks like we've reached the school." she said. Blue looked down and saw the schoolhouse. It was quite a large building, with a fountain standing at it's foot. After landing, his mother kissed his head before he went.

"Bye, honey! Have a good day at school! Love you!" she shouted at the little pegasus colt.

"See ya, mom!" he replied. Summer smiled at him one last time before she flew off to the Weather Factory.

Blue made his way through the school towards his classroom. The school bell hasn't rang yet, meaning he had some time left to gt to his class. After reaching the class, he sat down on a table between a colt and a filly. The colt was a grey pegasus with a black mane and the filly was a violet pegasus with a pink mane.

"Uh, mind if I sit here?" he asked.

"No, no. It's fine." they said.

"My name is Thunder." the colt spoke up. "What's yours?" he asked.

"I'm Blue Skye." Blue replied.

"Hi, I'm Violet... Violet Petals." the filly said. Blue realized she was shy and needed a friend and was about to talk to her. Suddenly, before the three ponies managed to talk to each-other, the teacher came in. She was a middle aged pegasus mare with a grey coat and a blonde-white mane.

"Hello, my little ponies. My name is Ms. Nymbus. Today, we're all going to introduce ourselves and have fun before our actual work begins when we return after the weekend. We'll start with the first table. Flash Sentry, why don't you go first?" the teacher asked. An orange colt with a dark blue mane stood up and walked to the front of the classroom. Blue chuckled to himself as he watched the awkward colt introduce himself. Violet lightly nudged him.

"Hey, I don't think you should be laughing. Would you like it if you went up there and we all started laughing at you?" she whispered to Blue with a firm voice.

"No, sorry." Blue whispered back with a hint of regret in his voice. After the teacher was done with Flash Sentry, she called out Violet. Blue eyed her as she moved up to the front of the classroom. He usually laughed at shy and awkward fillies and colts, but in this case, he felt sorry for Violet because she was so shy.

After Violet introduced herself, the teacher called up another colt. She returned to her seat and watched the colt speak. Blue and Thunder were eyeing the colt with curiosity.

"Hey, Thunder. Who's he?" Blue asked Thunder, while pointing at the awkward colt who called himself Singer.

"I don't know, Blue. I've never seen him before in Cloudsdale. He might have moved here recently." Thunder explained. Blue simply shrugged and watched Singer introduce himself. When the colt was finished, Blue chuckled lightly at the last part of his introduction. He too was sent back and sat down beside Violet. The teacher sent him back and called for Blue Skye.

Blue stood up and went to the front of the classroom. "Hi, my name is Blue Skye. I've lived in Cloudsdale all my life with my mom and my dad, who are both weather ponies. I love to have fun and watch the Wonderbolts live when they perform in Cloudsdale." he explained with pride. The colts and fillies eyed him with delight at the last part of his comment. After telling the class about himself, Blue was also sent back and sat down beside Thunder. After introductions were done, the ponies had the opportunity to go play some games with each other. Blue Skye and Thunder stuck together.

"Ms. Nymbus?" Thunder said, getting the attention of the teacher.

"What is it, Thunder?" Ms. Nymbus asked.

"Everypony else took all the games. Me and Blue don't have anything to play with." he said.

"Thunder, you and Blue can play together." Ms. Nymbus explained.

"Yeah... I just realized that." Thunder explained. "Sorry for bothering you."

"It's fine, Thunder. You weren't bothering me." Ms. Nymbus told him in her usual soothing and motherly tone. "Have fun you two." she smiled and went back to her desk.

"Okay, what do we play?" asked Blue. Thunder wondered for a few moments.

"I know! We should play hide n' seek!" he told him. Blue liked the idea, but he realized that there aren't enough ponies for the game.

"Uh, Thunder. I don't think there's enough of us to play hide n' seek..." Blue told him.

"Blue, you do know that we can play hide n' seek, just us two?" Thunder said and nudged him playfully.

"Okay... Let's play then." Blue grinned. "Just one thing." Thunder turned to face his friend.

"What is it, Blue?" Thunder asked him.

"Who's seeking? Me or you?" Blue asked in a playful tone. Thunder thought to himself.

"I think... it should be me!" Thunder said. Blue smiled and nodded in agreement. "Okay, go hide somewhere, Blue."

"Alright." Blue said in reply. And so, he went to find a place to hide while Thunder counted to ten. Blue hid behind some curtains and hoped Thunder would never find him. He eyed him through an opening between the two curtains and giggled to himself as he watched his friend look around the classroom for him. Thunder was completely clueless as to where Blue is, until he heard a sound. Blue's giggling got the better of him and the entire class could hear some light giggling coming from behind the curtains. Thunder flew towards the source of the giggling and pulled away the curtains, giving away Blue's location.

"Found you!" he said as he looked at his friend with pride.

"Aw... I thought that the curtains were a good place to hide in." Blue replied.

"They are, but your giggling gave away that you're hiding there." Thunder replied, playfully nudging him again. "And now... you're seeking." Thunder said, grinning.

"Okay." Blue grinned. He stood in front of the curtains, covered his eyes and begun to count. Meanwhile, Thunder flew around the room in search of a hiding place. Eventually, he found an empty cupboard where he could hide in. Blue finished counting shortly after and begun to search the classroom for his hiding friend. This time, it was Thunder's turn to laugh as his friend searched the entire room for him. After their game of hide n' seek, the two colts were bored. They sat down at their desk and waited for the next part of the lesson to begin.

"You know, Blue..." Thunder begun. "I'm enjoying your company!"

"Me too!" Blue grinned. "You're cool to hang out with. Say... wanna be best buddies for life?" he asked.

"Sure, I'd love to be your best buddy for life!" Thunder replied.

"Best Buddies Forever!" the two colts said in unison and they hoofed each other's hooves.

Nearer the end of the day, the class were finding out about their special talents. The first pony to do something was Singer. He prepared to sing a song he wrote for Violet Petals, his friend. As he prepared to sing, Blue whispered to Thunder.

"He wrote a song about Violet?" Blue chuckled lightly.

"Gosh, the two of them must be in love!" Thunder replied, also laughing. As Singer started singing, the entire class went silent, including Blue and Thunder. Blue turned his attention to Violet, who was looking at Singer, grinning. He and Thunder chuckled lightly at her so they didn't disturb Singer. However, Violet turned to face them with a stern look, which quietened down Blue and Thunder. The two colts returned to their original positions and observed Singer. A moment later he stopped singing and the entire class, except Blue and Thunder begun to clap. Instead, they chuckled lightly as they watched him go back to his seat.

"Gosh, that was so cheesy!" Blue laughed.

"Yeah, that was soo rrromantic." Thunder replied and made a mock Violet face to Blue. Their laughter was cut short however when Thunder begun to face a mark on Singer's flank. His cutie mark.

"Blue... Look." Thunder said. Blue turned to face Singer's flank and both colts' jaws dropped.

"He got his cutie mark..." Blue said in disgust.

"Yep." was all Thunder could say. Blue was having none of it.

"I'm gonna get a better mark than Singer will ever have!" Blue said to Thunder.

"Good luck then." Thunder replied and they shook eachother's hooves. The next pony on Ms. Nymbus' random list was Blue.

"Blue, do you want to come up?" Ms. Nymbus asked him.

"Okay." was all Blue managed to say. He went up to the front of the class and stood in front of the board. He tried to think of something he's good at, but instead, he only grew more nervous.

"Take your time, Blue. It's alright." Ms. Nymbus comforted him.

"I--I honestly do... not know what my special talent is. I'm sorry..." he replied. The entire class, except Thunder, Singer and Violet begun to giggle. The teacher comforted him again.

"It's fine, Blue. Not everypony manages to find their special talent in the first grade. Your cutie mark is unique. It can come to you at anytime." the teacher explained in her usual motherly tone.

"I suppose you're right." Blue replied, still tearful and went to sit down beside Thunder, who comforted him.

"Hey, it's alright. Not everypony gets their marks in the first grade. My brother Streak Lightning got his in the fifth grade." Thunder explained.

"But I wanted to prove... I was better than Singer..." Blue said in a sad tone.

"You still have a lot of opportunities, Blue. I mean, we're gonna be here for the next five years!" Thunder replied. Blue's frown slowly turned into a grin.

"Thanks, Thunder! You're the bestest friend anypony could ever have!" Blue said in delight. In the distance, Ms. Nymbus watched the two friends, smiling. She then called out another pony from her randomized list to show her special talent.

After a day of playing, learning and finding out about each other, Blue and Thunder were ready to go home.

"Bye Thunder!" Blue said to his friend as both of them trotted out of the building.

"Bye Blue. I enjoyed playing with you today!" Thunder said as he walked away with his dad.

"Me as well. See you next week, friend!" Blue said, waving back to his friend as he left for his home. He smiled and ran up to his mom.

"Hey, little guy!" she said as she nuzzled her little colt. "How was your first day at school?" she asked him.

"School was great mom! I got to meet a new friend who's just left." he said to his mom, pointing at Thunder and his dad.

"That's great, sweetie! Making friends is one of the greatest things in the life of a young pony." his mother explained to him. "You seem a bit sad, sweetie. Is everything alright?" she asked Blue.

"There were some kids who got their cutie marks today, mom... I wasn't one of them." he said with a sad tone. Blue turned to face his mom and showed her his bare flank.

"Oh, sweetie. You know that not everypony gets their marks in the first grade. I certainly didn't, and your father, got his mark in the fifth grade. You'll just have to wait for it; I'm sure there'll be more opportunities for you to try for your mark." she said, nuzzling him.

"I guess..." he said, still unsure whether such an opportunity will come by.

"Come on, let's go home. I have your favorite; hay fries and salad!" she said with an excited tone. Blue's glum face was replaced by a grin.

"Yay! Let's go mommy!" he said to her as they went home. Summer was proud of her little colt for achieving one of the greatest milestones of a young pony's life; their first day of school.

Author's Note:

Whew... Finally, this chapter's done. I can't believe it took me more than a month to get this chapter done, but I had to get it rewrote and pretty much forgot about it.

The characters of Singer Case and Violet Petals don't belong to me; they belong to AutoBrony41. You should check out his story Finding Home: The True Story of Singer, it's definitely worth reading.

Chapter 3 is in the works!