• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 690 Views, 33 Comments

Blue Skye's Story - Skyfire Storm



My OC, a Pegasus pony named Blue Skye goes through life's ups and downs with his friends.

  • ...
8
 33
 690

"What are you going to do with your life?"

July 16, 2006
Blue was happy. It was already past graduation day and he was now an adult. He felt a new found sense of freedom as an adult, but of course, that sense of freedom came with an onslaught of whole new responsibilities. Blue had mended relationships with his peers, including Rainbow Dash and his rival Storm Blaze, who was now his best friend, but most importantly, Blue had Meadow. Over the years, their relationship blossomed into something special, and quite beautiful. Still, Blue was fairly dissatisfied with his job. This was a problem. As much as he wanted to try and prove himself to his parents, he didn't like being a weather pony. In fact, he hated it. If Blue wasn't a weather pony, he'd definitely be living in Canterlot and working as a Royal Guard. Right now, however, he was stuck in Cloudsdale and was saving up for an apartment in downtown. He'd have to tell his dad someday that he dislikes being a weather pony and wants to get a different job, but Blue was unsure of the reaction he'd get from Lightning Fast. Right now, all he was concerned with is at least a promotion at work. He walked into the Weather Factory and up to his platform, in order to await orders from his boss.

"Bored, huh?" a voice said. It was Storm Blaze, who happened to be walking by Blue.

"Yep..." Blue replied. "Man, I hate this job. I thought it'd be cool to be a weather pony, but it really isn't."

"Well, if you hate this job so much, then why are you here?" Blaze asked.

"The only reason I ever became a weather pony was because I wanted to impress my mom and dad. That, and I wanted to find out what it's like being in my dad's shoes." Blue explained. "They're great weather ponies... and I wanted to find out if I could ever amount to them. Why did you become a weather pony, Blaze?" he asked.

"Well... of course, it's not the same reason you became one." Blaze begun. "My parents were never weather ponies; my dad was a lawyer and my mom was a school teacher, and I wanted to do something else, so I got a job as a weather pony in Los Pegasus, plus, that was the only job out there that seemed to interest me. Nothing else worked." Blaze explained. "What would you do if you weren't a weather pony, Blue?" he asked.

"I'd definitely be a Royal Guard..." Blue explained. "I'd actually make myself useful for once and protect the princesses..."

"And you don't think yourself as being useful as a weather pony?" Blaze asked.

"Not really..." Blue replied.

"Why not? I mean, you're possibly the best flyer on the weather team. You get constant praise from the boss and you finish all your tasks with ease. So, why do you not feel useful on the weather team?" Blaze asked.

"Because... being a weather pony is just flying through and making clouds. I want something else, something more interesting... I just don't want to be a weather pony anymore." Blue explained.

"Well then... it's your decision. Have you thought about explaining to the boss?" Blaze asked.

"Yeah... about that." Blue replied, with an uneasy grin forming on his face. "I'm afraid of his response. He he."

"Seriously?" Blaze asked, chuckling. He stopped after Blue noticed him.

"Yeah, seriously. Call me a wuss but I am literally terrified of it." Blue explained.

"Why would you be terrified of the boss? He's not all that scary." Blaze said. Suddenly, he noticed the boss walking towards the two weather ponies and gave an awkward grin, before darting off towards his own platform. Blue sighed and prepared himself for takeoff as he looked at the boss approaching him.

"Blue, your task today is to organize a rainstorm between here and Ponyville. Five other weather ponies, including Blaze will help you with your task. Can I count on you to do it?" the boss asked.

"Yes sir." Blue replied.

"That's great. Now go!" the boss said. Blue took off with no hesitation and flew out of Cloudsdale, where the storm was to be organized. He then found a large cumulus cloud and flew around it rapidly, causing it to grow bigger and darker. A few minutes later, it was the size of a towering cumulonimbus. Blue turned to face Cloudsdale and noticed a few of his fellow weather ponies flying towards him. He sighed and looked back towards the cloud. The other weather ponies were already beginning to make the cloud bigger by joining neighboring clouds into it.

"Dude, maybe some help over here?" shouted Storm Blaze, who was trying to keep a cloud under control. Blue groaned and flew over to him.

"You can make sandstorms, tornadoes and other extreme weather, but you can't keep the smallest cloud under control?" he asked as he watched his friend struggle with the cumulus cloud. He tried to contain his laughter, but it got the better of him. Blaze faced him, with a less-than-pleased look on his face.

"Somepony must have added too much wind into this one..." Blaze replied and accidentally let go off the cloud, causing it to fly towards Cloudsdale.

"Hey!" he shouted.

"NOW LOOK AT WHAT YOU DONE..." Blue yelled at Storm Blaze.

"Dude, chill. I couldn't keep it under control for long." Blaze explained. "So chill."

"Ugh... Everypony, we have a rogue cloud on the loose. Try and back off, will you?" Blue shouted to the rest of the weather ponies, who did as he asked. He then begun to fly after the cloud, which as it neared Cloudsdale, begun to grow rapidly. Blue groaned as he flew after the cloud. The cloud seemed to get faster and faster as it begun to near Cloudsdale, which irritated Blue, who was flying at the fastest speeds he could.

"UGH..." Blue groaned. Despite being the fastest weather pony on the team, other than Storm Blaze, Blue was struggling to keep up with the cloud which by now, was at most, a mile away from the Weather Factory. Well done, Blaze...Blue thought to himself as he begun to slow down. He landed on a nearby cloud, and after getting the strength to fly back to get the cloud, he took off towards it. The cloud was at least a few hundred feet from the Weather Factory, which meant Blue had a lot of catching up to do to fly through it...

Meanwhile, in the Weather Factory...
Lightning Fast was working on some paperwork for another new recruit onto the team. This time, it was Blue's friend, Rainbow Dash, who had decided that she would join the cloud-busting team. He was just finishing signing the paperwork, when he noticed a dark cloud coming towards the Weather Factory.

"What the hay?" he said to himself as he watched the cloud slowly near the Weather Factory. Lightning Fast stepped out of his office onto a vacant platform, where he could get a better look at the approaching cloud. He also noticed something flying beside the cloud, which looked like a Pegasus. Lightning then trotted back into the office and picked up a microphone lying on his desk.

"Attention, all present weather ponies. There is a large cloud heading towards us, I repeat, a large cloud is heading towards us. Please take shelter now." Lightning said and looked out the window towards the incoming cloud.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"UGH... COME ON. SLOW DOWN!" Blue yelled as he flew beside the cloud, which seemed to be getting faster as it closed in on the Weather Factory. The cloud was twice as big as it was before and had probably swallowed up some other clouds on the way. Not knowing what to do to slow it down, Blue flew into the cloud and tried to at least bust through it. It was too late for that. The cloud struck the Weather Factory without any warning and brought down it's facade. Blue was thrown out of the cloud as it collided with the wall of the weather factory and begun to spread inside. Lightning Fast and the boss flew down into the cloud, which was beginning to evaporate, to find where Blue was lying.

"Jeez..." Blue said under his breath. He opened his eyes and noticed both Lightning Fast and the supervisor looking over him, with less-than-pleased expressions on their faces.

"Blue Skye?! What is the meaning of this?!" the supervisor shouted. Blue looked around the factory and his jaw dropped. The entire facade of the factory, out of which the cloud-busting weather ponies flew out, was cracked and possibly unstable. There were shattered windows everywhere and some damaged platforms hanging off the other walls.

"Did I---uh, cause this?" Blue asked awkwardly. The constant glares on both Lightning Fast's and the supervisor's faces signified a 'yes'. Blue groaned.

"You did, Blue Skye..." the supervisor said. "You were a model employee, but now, you've become reckless and lazy."

"Lazy?" Blue asked.

"Yeah, lazy. I see you moping around the factory throughout the day, not doing anything useful with yourself." the supervisor explained. "You were the best weather pony we had around here... and now look what you've done." he said. "Get up and get yourself cleaned. You're out of here!" Blue got up and dusted himself off, before walking towards Lightning Fast, head hung low. Lightning Fast looked down upon him and glared, before turning his head towards the exit and pointing there. Blue knew where he was supposed to go now and trotted off towards the exit, but not before turning back towards them.

"I hated this job anyways..." he said and walked out of the building, leaving Lightning Fast and the supervisor alone. The supervisor turned to face Lightning Fast and sighed.

"Your son... needs to stop slacking off and do something useful with his life. Who knows what he might do next if he doesn't mature?" the boss asked Lightning Fast.

"Don't say that about him. He's just... confused. You know kids these days..." Lightning replied. "Let's get this mess cleaned up."

"Good idea..." the supervisor replied and took out his radio and called several cleaners. While the cleaners were cleaning up, the supervisor turned to face Lightning Fast.

"Your son didn't deserve this job anyways... he doesn't have the discipline and the effort that he used to when he first started out." the supervisor complained.

"Alright, Tornado. Enough with the comments about my son. Like I said, he's just a kid and kids these days... are hard to understand." Lightning replied, only to receive a nod from Tornado.

"I have two teenage sons who are just like your boy. They need discipline." Tornado explained.

Meanwhile, Blue walked down the street, head hung low. During his walk home he kept thinking about the day's events and what happened back at the Weather Factory. I'm no weather pony... he thought to himself. All I do is mess things up. A tear rolled out of his eye, but Blue wiped it out in fear of ponies passing by noticing. I need to get a better job... something that I'm good at and something that I'll enjoy. He even had thoughts of leaving for Canterlot, but how would he explain to his dad that being a weather pony isn't right for him? And how would he explain to Meadow and his mom that he has to leave Cloudsdale? All those questions ran through his head as he walked home. About five or so minutes later, Blue arrived home, and after some reluctance he walked into the house, only to be greeted by Firestorm and Summer.

"Hey big bro." said Firestorm who noticed him first.

"Hey Firestorm..." Blue replied.

"Hey son. You're home early today. What's wrong?" Summer asked.

"Hi mom. I'm fine, it's nothing..." Blue lied.

"Son, I know something's up with you. Anything happened at work today?" Summer asked.

"No, mom. Seriously, I'm fine." Blue replied and walked upstairs.

"Blue, stop. Please, tell me what's going on." Summer pleaded. Blue stopped and sighed and sat on a step.

"I got fired from work." Blue begun. "I had a little accident today involving an out-of-control cloud and the boss thought it was my fault."

"Oh... I'm sorry for what happened, son." Summer replied.

"It's nothing, mom. I hated that job anyways." Blue said. "But now, I'm worried that you both will hate me."

"What? Why would me and dad hate you, son?!" Summer shouted."We love you, son and don't ever forget it. Whenever you need us, we'll be right there for you." she said and hugged him.

"Mom, the reason why I joined the weather team in the first place... was to try and see what it was like and to see if I could ever amount to what you both are. You're both great, great weather ponies and I wanted to see if I can become like you." Blue explained. "Dad probably hates me for what I done today... and I don't know about you. If you saw what happened in that Weather Factory, you'd probably be as angry as he is." he said, with a tear forming in his eye.

"Hey, Blue. Me and dad would never, ever hate you. You were a blessing to us from the very beginning, and if dad is that angry at you, he's just ignorant." Summer explained. "We both love you son, no matter what happens, no matter what path you choose in life. Same with Firestorm."

"Thanks, mom." Blue said and continued hugging her. "I'm just worried about what dad will say when he comes back."

"Don't be, son. I'll talk some sense into him." Summer reassured him. "Just do one favor for me, alright Blue?" she asked.

"What is it, mom?" Blue asked.

"If you choose a new job... never forget this." she said and pointed to his cutie mark. "This cutie mark is to guide you through life, son. It'll show what you're good at and what you can achieve. And I know you son. You can achieve spectacular things, but you just have to try." Summer said. "I love you son, no matter what. I love all three of you." she said and hugged him. Blue hugged her as well.

"Thanks mom..." Blue replied. "I just hope I'm a good Royal Guard."

"Is that what you're planning to be, son? A Royal Guard?" Summer asked.

"Yeah, exactly." he replied.

"I know you'll be a great guard, son. Just remember, you can't change your cutie mark..." Summer explained.

"Unfortunately... We'll see how it goes, mom. Thank you so much for being there for me, every step of the way. I don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for you and dad." Blue said and hugged her.

"My pleasure, son... We couldn't have asked for a better son than you." Summer replied.

"I just don't know what dad will have to say about my new job choice..." Blue said, feeling quite uneasy.

Two hours later...
Blue was reading a book in his room, when he heard the front door click open. It was Lightning Fast, who wasn't very happy. Blue opened the door to his room and looked downstairs to see Lightning coming upstairs. He knew that now was the time to tell Lightning about what he really wanted to be.

"Hi dad..." Blue begun awkwardly.

"Why? Why did you have to ruin something? Why did you destroy part of the Weather Factory? Tell me." Lightning said, with a stern voice.

"It wasn't me---" Blue said, agitated, but was cut off by Lightning.

"Ha ha. Likely story, Blue Skye. Then tell me. What the hay was it then? The wind?" Lightning asked. Blue shook his head.

"Okay... it was me." he lied. "I done it because I was being reckless... plus, I hate being a weather pony."

"You hate it?" Lightning asked. "I always thought you enjoyed it."

"No, dad... I never did." Blue replied.

"Then why did you join the team then?" he asked Blue. Blue sighed.

"Because I wanted to---I wanted to see if I was as good a weather pony as you both are." Blue explained. "That's about the only reason why I joined the team..." Lightning's glare softened, but he still retained his firm voice.

"So... if you hate this job so much, then tell me, Blue. What are you going to do with your life?" Lightning asked. Blue sighed.

"I don't know what you'd think of this, but ever since I was a colt, I wanted to be either a weather pony or a member of the Royal Guard." Blue explained. "I want to be a Royal Guard, dad."

"You want to be a Royal Guard, Blue?" Lightning asked.

"You heard me." Blue replied.

"Why didn't you tell me or mom before?" he asked.

"Because... I was afraid of what you two might think... Being a weather pony runs in the family, doesn't it dad?" Blue replied.

"Yeah, but... look, Blue. Even though for over eight generations, almost all of the members of our family got a job in weather... I still won't mind if you became a Royal Guard." Lightning explained. "Why should I, anyways? You can be who you want to be, son, as long as you're mature and responsible. I would be so proud of you if you became a Royal Guard."

"Really?" Blue asked.

"Yeah, really." Lightning replied. "And about you not wanting to be a weather pony... son, me and your mother have been proud of you from day one. We knew you were destined for great things. Even if you chose a different career, a different path than we both did, we'd be even more proud of you than we are now."

"And, dad?" Blue asked.

"Yeah?" Lightning replied.

"Sorry for what I done today..." Blue said.

"It's alright, son... Just, next time, try to be more careful?" Lightning replied and hugged him.

"Deal." Blue replied and hugged him back.

Two weeks later...
It was already night. After Blue said goodbye to his family and to Meadow (promising her that he'd write to her on a regular basis), Storm Blaze, Rainbow Dash and some other friends, Blue made his way down to Ponyville Station and waited for the train to Canterlot to arrive. He turned to look at the train times board, hanging on the wall and looked at when the train to Canterlot was going to arrive. He then turned back towards the railroad tracks and sighed. He was now out in the world, alone, but most importantly, he was now an adult. He was now out to make a new life for himself. As Blue waited for the train to Canterlot to pull up at the station, he went to go get a drink from a nearby vending machine. He took out a can of soda and carried it over to his suitcase, but then turned to notice a sad-looking stallion who he recognized very well, standing on the other end of the platform. It was Singer, who was with another stallion, who looked to be a family member of his. The other stallion was a red stallion with a brown mane who was wearing a guitar case on his back.

"Singer?" Blue called out. "What are you doing around here?" he asked.

"Leaving... I can't be here anymore, Blue." Singer explained.

"What do you mean, Singer?" Blue asked.

"I'm leaving for Los Pegasus, Blue." Singer explained. "We're going there to become musicians." he said.

"That's great, you guys..." Blue replied.

"Where are you going, Blue?" Singer asked.

"I'm moving to Canterlot, Singer. I got fired from my job at the Weather Factory, so I'm going to try and get recruited into the Royal Guard." Blue explained.

"Woah. That's great." Singer said. "Really great..."

Suddenly, a train begun to approach the station. It was too early for the Canterlot train, so Blue knew it was time for Singer to depart for Los Pegasus. Before Singer left for the bright lights of Los Pegasus, Blue wanted to make sure that things between the two stallions are put right, once and for all.

"The train to Los Pegasus Central Station will arrive at the station shortly." said a voice through the loudspeaker.

"Hey, Singer?" Blue said.

"Yeah?" Singer asked.

"Remember what happened at prom? Well, before you leave I wanted to say that I'm sorry..." Blue begun. "I just realized now how ignorant and selfish I was being and that's no way to treat a friend, especially one who's been by my side ever since elementary school." he continued.

"It's alright, Blue." Singer said. "I could understand how you were feeling...I was feeling confused too, and so was Violet." he explained.

"I thought that both you and Violet hate me or something..." Blue replied.

"I know you're sorry, Blue, and so does Violet. I think, that if you'd talk to her about this anytime soon, she'd gladly forgive you." Singer explained. "I mean, why would I not forgive you? Apart from Violet and sometimes Rainbow Dash, you're my only friend." he explained.

"That's good to know, Singer. Thank you for calling me your friend. I hope everything goes well in Los Pegasus." Blue said.

"Yeah, me as well." Singer said. "We'll have to see. For now, see you Blue." he said and shook his hoof.

"Bye Singer... You've been a great friend." Blue said. Singer smiled at him and went onto the train. Blue waved at him as the train pulled off from the station. As he watched the train move away into the distance he sighed and waited for his own train to arrive. About ten minutes later, the train to Canterlot arrived at the station and Blue and some other ponies boarded it... he was off to Canterlot to begin a new life.

Author's Note:

By Chapter 13, things will get a little less dramatic in this story. I promise you all!

Chapter 12 will be released sometime this week and will concern Blue's first days as a Royal Guard. If you guys were sad to see that Thunder left in Chapter 4, then fear not, because he will be coming back in Chapter 12.

Chapter 13 will be very cute and will focus on Blue trying to propose to Meadow.

Chapter 14? Well, I don't exactly know yet what it'll be about, but I'm hoping that it'll be something good. I'm also planning for Chapter 14 to be the final chapter in this story, but we'll see how it'll go.

Right now, thanks to all who read, enjoyed and gave your opinions on Blue's adventures so far. I couldn't have made it this far without you guys. Thanks again :D

ST477 out.

P.S. - I'm going to have a sequel written for Blue Skye's Story. The sequel will concern Blue's adventures as a Royal Guard.