• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 2,653 Views, 44 Comments

I am the hammer. The edge of his sword... and unfortunatly, the partner of a purple unicorn with wings. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following the defeat of Chaos. Kaldor Draigo, the edge of his sword, is assigned on a paticularly dangerous task to foil a nefarious plan of the dark gods.

  • ...
12
 44
 2,653

Chapter 6

"Why is there light when there is no sun?! And why is the sky purple of things?! And why does...."

"It's the warp! It's not supposed to make any sense! Realm of chaos.... anyone?"

"Well..........."

"Anyways, now do you know where we need to go? Cause I don't."

"You're the one who has been here before!"

"Yes, but the landscape does change.... hence chaos. Now the only thing on my mind is, we can only just walk in circles and hope we are going the right way."

"Are you serious?!"

"Unfortunately so. Hurry up and let's go."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[An hour later? Who knows? Time doesn't exactly function normally.]

"I could of sworn we just passed that rock..... formation....whatever it is....."

And I could of sworn you said that about a trillion times. Draigo thought as he scanned the terrain. Different....... sorta......a lot....maybe? He had no idea. It was the warp, and it changed like crazy.

Damn dark gods and their great game.

"Draigo!" Twilight called out with a hint of panic. "Look!"

"Well, that's a familiar sight." Draigo said.

Standing in front of a familiar bloodthirster, was a large warp portal............ to where?

Probably wherever Khorne was putting his soldiers.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
About time. Kar'voth thought as the warp portal finally opened after a long time of waiting. He was about to move a foot when....

"Kar'voth?"

Not again........

"Oh..... Draigo! Hi there pal! Friend......buddy? So how you doing?" The bloodthirster asked, gripping his axe tightly.

"Better question, what are you doing? Where does that portal lead?"

"Ummmm..... nothing.... totally not a daemon world in the eye of terror! Anyways, so I am going to visit some friends...... can I leave without....."

"Are THOSE the ones I threw into that massive pit of lava? Heard the eruption was rather violent!"

"AGAIN?! I mean.... nice..... alright..... I'll be..... goi...."

"Not so fast! Where can I find Tzeentch?"

"Tzeentch? Tzeentch? There! Now while you're off to kill him I am going to.... GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Wait..... there's more of you?" Sigmar asked Galaxia as she hustled some of her children into a safe spot.

"Yes...." Galaxia said looking up at the darkening skies, by rights, it should be afternoon. "We must hide, they'll be here soon."

"Tell me about them." The future-Emperor said as they hid inside a cave.

"They're dangerous. I can tell you that. They destroy everything they touch, they're mindless, formless, shapeless.... soulless....."

"More of the star gods?"

"Unlikely. I don't know what they are, that's the worst part." Galaxia said as her horn lit up to illuminate the cavern.

"Well, we can't just sit here." The Emperor said as his form began to slowly shimmer and change. "You know, the only thing that allows evil to win is for good to do nothing."

Galaxia took a step back as she gazed upon Sigmar. He was growing in size, it wasn't long before he was a few feet taller than her. Just seconds ago, he had been level-headed with her.... now....

His clothing had changed too. The simple clothes of an ordinary man were replaced, by a golden, shining suit of artificer armor, and he had a pair of massive claws in one hand, a large flaming blade in the other.

"Show me them." The Emperor said.

"You sure about this?"

"They can't be too bad now can they?" Sigmar asked. "Come on, what's the worst that's going to happen to you and me?"

"If you insist........"

"Come on, no reason to hide. We can do this."

The alicorn gingerly stepped up, to follow the giant as they exited the cave.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Emperor smiled to himself as he sat upon his throne. That was something worth thinking about. They had fought the being known as Nightmare, destroyed him, and shattered him into thousands of pieces, until he scattered into the area that would later be inhabited by the nightmare forces.

It had been to his surprise, an easy battle. It was there when he learned Galaxia's abhorrence to killing, as she stood far back, while he carved the great monster to pieces.

She would later have to accept, what needed to be done, had to be done
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What I've put you through, I am sorry." Sigmar said to Galaxia, as he helped her up, her walk was now an awkward.... trot, like a crippled foal. Quickly, they exited the birthplace of the tree of harmony.

"Fine, fine. So long as those devils don't hurt anyone, anything's worth it. By the way.... there's something I need to tell you....."

"What?"

"Don't mind me saying, but you're human right?"

"Yes."

"You may be a god, but in the end, you're still human. A god amongst them. But a human no less. I watched humanity grow. Never have they created anything........... worthy...... lasting..... I've only watched them tear down what small accomplishments they made in seconds......... you told me the other day....."

"What is it?"

"Would you like to know the power to create life? You will need it. How are you going to make your finest warriors, to combat the dark gods, if you don't even know how to?"

"I never thought of that......"

"I know the way..... let me teach you it's secrets before you or I depart."

"I am not leaving if you're going to die." Sigmar said firmly.

"Relax.... I am a god.... I can't die even if I wanted to. I'll be back once again..... but can you promise me this.... that Equestria will be safe when I am gone.....?"

The Emperor felt a hand touch his..... he looked down to see that he was no longer helping an alicorn, but rather, a tall woman, divinely beautiful, as a god should be.

"I promise....." Sigmar said one last time, as Galaxia leaned over and whispered into his ear. "I promise....."