• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 2,642 Views, 44 Comments

I am the hammer. The edge of his sword... and unfortunatly, the partner of a purple unicorn with wings. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following the defeat of Chaos. Kaldor Draigo, the edge of his sword, is assigned on a paticularly dangerous task to foil a nefarious plan of the dark gods.

  • ...
12
 44
 2,642

Prologue

The Emperor sat atop his throne, his eyelids becoming ever more heavy.

Why not? There isn't much going on as of now. He had given the order to the Grey Knights to destroy Huron hours ago. He was going to have to wait on their word.

He didn't sleep often. Perhaps as much as only a few minutes a day, but it was refreshing, especially for one who hadn't slept in 10,000 years.

Closing his eyelids completely, the god allowed himself to drift in a peaceful slumber that he had denied himself for all these millennia.

He regretted it instantly. He saw it again. Time and time again, he always saw it.

Pandemonium.

Far within the rapidly shrinking eye of Terror, one world remained unclean and malevolent.

A daemon world, dripping with the vile energies of the warp. Owned by the Dark god Khorne.

The Emperor saw this all from a bird's eye point of view. The legions of daemons and chaos space marines, The Blood God once again found use for many of his slain champions, and though hated to do it, used the vile sorcery at his disposal to make them rise.

Without doubt, an army this size would pillage hundreds of planets with ease before being stopped.

That was it. The blood they could spill would empower Khorne to once again make a move on the material universe.

That could not happen.

This all of course, faded when the Emperor woke up to find himself on his throne, with nothing of interest having happened.

His mood darkened.