• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 2,648 Views, 44 Comments

I am the hammer. The edge of his sword... and unfortunatly, the partner of a purple unicorn with wings. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following the defeat of Chaos. Kaldor Draigo, the edge of his sword, is assigned on a paticularly dangerous task to foil a nefarious plan of the dark gods.

  • ...
12
 44
 2,648

Chapter 20

With a single roar, Draigo launched himself at Angron, catching the Daemon Primarch off guard.

Despite his deep astonishment, Angron parried Draigo's blow was relative ease. Even then, the Primarch still had quite a hard time comprehending on how much idiocy it took a simple mortal to decide to challenge him... HIM Angron, in single-combat.

To this mortal's credit, he was putting up quite a good fight. From things as it seemed, Angron was fighting the man known as Kaldor Draigo, Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights chapter, Hammer of The Emperor, second to perhaps none than the primarchs.

The thought of this sent ripples of joy in the warped mind of Angron. Finally! A worthy challenge. He was going into enjoy fighting and killing him, something that even Mortarion could not accomplish.




"You will die today Daemon." Draigo said. "I will send you screaming back into the warp."

"Bold words knight of the false Emperor... show me deeds."

"I've already defeated a Daemon Primarch.... you lot are like the rest of the traitors. Cowards! Weak! Honorless!"

"Cowards? Fools? Honor less? Face me then, without interference from your friends. Let's see who remains standing!"

"Very well! All of you, back off. He's mine."

Grudgingly, every loyal astartes backed off slowly, watching the battle between daemon and knight slowly unfold. Many of them would know that Draigo was stronger.

But few of them knew the true story of the battle between Draigo and Mortarion. Had Draigo not received help from at least over a dozen battle-brothers, the battle would have ended badly.

What no one was watching was a Blood Father on a hilltop conjuring up some foul sorcery with his powers.
No one except Twilight.




"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

"That warcry is your last!" Dorn retorted as he decapitated the chaos space marine. He felt someone was trying to shoot him the in the back. Cowards. That seemed to have been something in common with chaos space marines.

The Primarch turned around as another bolter hit him in the back, his armor hardly scratched. Covering the entire distance between him and this lowly worm in just a few strides, the Primarch tore the weapon from the traitor's hands and beat him to death with it. Every blow was exaggerated with every grinding syllable of his words.

"DON'T... YOU...EVER...DARE...SHOOT....ME....AGAIN!"

But eventually, Dorn would kill his victim. When that was done, the Primarch still had the rest of a bloodthirstiness of his own to sate. He decided he would quench it by fighting the two bloodthirsters that were giving his Imperial Fists trouble. But if he was right, they would be hardly any problem with him.





"DIE!" Draigo screamed as he sent a savage blow at Angron's chestplate, the foul armor buckled and scratched, yet little harm was done to the Primarch, who retaliated by trying to crush the astartes with a massive blow from his fist. The fight continued to rage on with the carnage around them. Neither fighter or army giving each other any quarter.

Draigo jumped away from the blow of Angron's axe. He retaliated by chopping at Angron's feet, forcing the Daemon back.

Unwittingly, he had turned his back to a Blood Father who had armed himself with a rather powerful Kai gun.




Draigo heard the sounds of foul warp energies escape from the barrel of a kai gun.

He couldn't turn around. If he did, Angron would kill him easily.

He couldn't continue to face Angron. If he did, he would be shredded by the blast.

He was in trouble now. All he could do was brace for impact and hope that the two things wouldn't kill him. Time went to a standstill.

But of course... as the old saying goes... The Emperor protects.



The Emperor saw the blast headed for Draigo. Using his might, he slowed down the arrow of time. Turning to the nearest tool at his disposal, Twilight, he flung her towards the two.

Twilight was already aware of what she had to do. Using her magic, she teleported Draigo.

Right on top of Angron.


But that was all. The moment The Emperor stopped performing his magic, the kai blast hit Angron, knocking him off his feet. Twilight, then charged up a spell, killing the chaos space marine in one shot.

"Treacherous Chaos Dog! DIE!"

With that, Draigo aimed Titansword down at Angron's head. But.. Angron was able to move just enough so he would have been decapitated by the blow. Perhaps somewhat ironically, the blow caught him in his back, sending flat on his stomach.

"BACK TO HELL MONSTER!" Draigo breathed as he drove Titansword deep into Angron's back, killing him. The moment this was done, The Grey Knight allowed himself to be carried away by his comrades. He was tired. The very presence of Angron sapped his strength. He needed to rest.

Death to the enemies of The Emperor.



"Looks like all those chaos fellas are all dead." Applejack commented as she watched Dorn punt a chaos space marine into the warp portal.

"Indeed my friend! This is a good day! The dark gods will never trouble us too greatly anymore after this! Now you know what to do right?"

"Yeah!" Twilight said as she caught up with them. "We fire our elements at the portal, then you go in and close it from the inside... and you somehow make it out......"

"I have my ways." The Emperor chuckled. "Now then.... fire!"

The rainbow colored beam lit up the dim planet of Pandemonium. Every astartes watched the elements at work with fascination. There would be many tales about this day for eons.

As the portal stopped spewing out daemons and chaos space marines. The Emperor walked over to the portal, intent on entering and destroying it from the inside out.

But then... as soon as he was about a few meters away from entering. He stopped as if he hit an invisible wall. He tried thrice to enter the portal, and thrice did some invisible shield keep him out.

Things just got several times more complicated.