• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 2,648 Views, 44 Comments

I am the hammer. The edge of his sword... and unfortunatly, the partner of a purple unicorn with wings. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following the defeat of Chaos. Kaldor Draigo, the edge of his sword, is assigned on a paticularly dangerous task to foil a nefarious plan of the dark gods.

  • ...
12
 44
 2,648

Chapter 10

"You wanted to ask me something?" The Emperor asked as he sat down with Celestia in his personal chambers.

"Yes. I took a look at what.... well.....you've been doing...."

"Go on."

"And... it says that the number of astartes has begun to increase rapidly. Is there a reason for this? We did defeat chaos after all."

"We did defeat them. But how long we can keep them locked in the immaterium... that I do not know. For all I know, 10,000 years later, they'll be back. Best be ready now..... but obviously, there's a larger reason. What if I told you there's a larger threat that's coming to us as we speak? A threat that this entire galaxy is too underprepared for?"

This got her undivided attention and her astonishment.

"Something.... a larger threat?"

"Chaos is limited. The dark gods have only so much power to work with." Sigmar said pouring himself a cup of tea. Sipping it nonchalantly. Something was off. "In short, they will be starved and they will be desperate in reclaiming their power. Something that I'll take steps in making sure that 10,000 years later, they won't come back. Ever."

"But what if there's something that's unlimited? Something that numbers are completely irrelevant? Something that is now a larger threat then the ork hordes, the knavish Eldar, the ever-so expansionist tau. Something that is so dangerous... so powerful that it is almost unaware of our existence? This is what I have begun to fear. You are aware of many of the major battles that have occurred in the eastern fringe?"

A rhetorical question. Celestia continued to listen.

"Tyranids. I assume you've heard of them. Celestia, I don't fear chaos. I don't fear the dark gods. But what I do fear is Tyranids. Not just any old Tyranid. The Tyranids. Limitless."

"Can you imagine an army that is endless in number, and every death means nothing to them? Destroy thousands, and they'll be back in a heartbeat. This is the Tyranid swarm. Something that even the dark gods will retch in disgust at. Are you aware of the shadow in the warp? Had the Tyranids entered the eye of terror or the maelstrom, they may have been able to cause even the power of the dark gods to go haywire. This is something that even the most powerful of my warriors, my sons, the primarchs themselves have even grown to fear."

"Leviathan, Behemoth, Kraken. They are nothing. Nothing compared to what is to come. The entire eastern fringe will be devoured, then the galaxy, and then maybe, the universe. The Tyranids have already destroyed at least a dozen galaxies, stripped them of life. The hivemind rivals those of my primarchs. Which is why I have forbidden them from engaging with Tyranids. What if they were to adapt to the power of a primarch? A primarch? The greatest warriors in the galaxy? Then they'd be truly unstoppable. This is why the astartes recruitment has increased, why I toil endlessly to improve the geneseed. If the new astartes legions cannot stop them. Then nothing can... and it's not just us who have lost. Everyone, and everything."

Celestia nodded understanding how dire of a threat the Tyranids are.

"I have a plan. Like usual. To execute, I am going to need someone else. Surprisingly, it's not you.. or Luna. Let's just say Khorne's invasion will provide me with not just an opportunity to lock him in the imatterium forever, but to also secure a victory. Permanently. And even hope against the Tyranids."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Damn it!" Draigo shouted as he tossed the dead body away. He was too late. The traveler lay in pieces, torn apart by the daemonettes. All he could do now was get up and continue.

Draigo instantly cursed himself for allowing to be distracted. Over the life of one pointless fool, he had allowed himself to stray away from the Emperor's orders. This was unacceptable. He had to get together.

Just then. He realized he had lost Twilight.

This was going to hell real fast. Literally.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight just realized it....
she was surrounded by daemons. Hundreds of them, wanting to tear her apart. Worst part was?
She had lost Draigo.

"Oh no...... no.... NO!"

The first daemonette ran at her with blinding speed. Twilight hardly had enough time to put up a shield spell, but luckily, she was able to keep herself from the claws of the daemon. Looking around, she wondered if there was an end to this crowd.

And here, Twilight wondered.
Does the Emperor truly protect?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Bloody idiot." Draigo muttered to himself underneath his breath, cursing Twilight about a few dozen times. He contemplated on leaving her behind so he may complete the mission.

No. His conscience told him. It would not be a victory if Twilight is lost.

Yes. The voice in the back of head said. Leave that damn equine behind. She's just a ball and chain anyways.

Draigo wondered where exactly those voices came from.... he knew he was thinking and all.... but that soundly rather loud. Turning around... he heard the voices again.

Find her. Find her. Find her! FIND HER.

The calmness of the Grey Knight was shattered, as he went on a frantic sprint to locate his missing partner.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Luna watched the whole thing unfold.
"Please.... help her." She kept speaking.... "Help her.... HELP HER DAMN IT."

At the same time, she could hear it too. Slannesh's voice. Telling Draigo to leave Twilight behind, with his every step onward adding to her frustration.

Words failed to describe her joy when Draigo went off to go find Twilight. She smiled to herself as the Grey Knight went off on his search.

Chaos: 0
Us: 1
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________