• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 2,645 Views, 44 Comments

I am the hammer. The edge of his sword... and unfortunatly, the partner of a purple unicorn with wings. - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Following the defeat of Chaos. Kaldor Draigo, the edge of his sword, is assigned on a paticularly dangerous task to foil a nefarious plan of the dark gods.

  • ...
12
 44
 2,645

Chapter 15

Her enemy moved fast. WAY too fast for her liking.

Beads of sweat formed on Twilight's head as she tried to dodge the Dark Prince's attacks, each time, she made it just barely from having her head detached from her shoulders, the maze-like design of these stables having saved her more than once, unfortunately... he always seems to find her.

She eluded him once again, hiding behind what would pass for crates. Her purser trudged by, unaware of that she was almost on top of him at one point.





Draigo cursed to himself as he lost Slannesh again. Damn. So much for getting to kill a god.

He couldn't have gotten TOO far. The Grey Knight doubled his efforts in looking for the Dark Prince, wondering how fitting it would be to find him, and kill him in the most painful way imaginable to man EVERYTHING.




To Twilight's shock, the moment she poked her head out of her hiding spot.
She came face to face with the form of Slannesh again.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What's this?" Rogal Dorn asked as his fleet passed through another planet on the "Needs-to-be-Exterminatused-for-Emprah's-plan" list. Right in front of him, was a sizable chaos fleet.

"A chaos fleet!" The captain of his ship said. "Orders milord?"

"Break their formation! Do not let them escape!" The primarch ordered as the alarm was sounded. "Captain.... what is it?"

"It's an Iron Warrior warband!"

The Primarch nodded for a moment, closed his eyes for about a good few moments, and then, the two snapped open, like two burning flames in a pit of two dark voids.

"Aim the prow right for the enemy flagship. RAMMING SPEED!"

The captain meekly obeyed.

[About ten minutes later]

"Where are your dark gods now, traitors?!" The Imperial Fist taunted as he flung the corpse of an iron warrior right out of an airlock.

"BLOOD FOR THE.......... oh shit."

The Iron Warrior was promptly picked up by a single massive hand, another one came out from the edges of his blurred vision, and grappled itself around his face.

The last things he felt was the pain of having the organic fibers of the neck area being ripped off, and his own screams of agony.

[Another ten minutes later]

"Iron without right?! HAMMER THEM WITH THEIR DEAD CORPSES!" An Imperial Fists captain said as he picked up the corpse of a dead Iron Warrior, and flung it straight at the largest mob of chaos space marines, knocking them all down like ninepins. The moment they stood back up, they were promptly shredded by bolter fire. Not a single Iron Warrior was fated to leave this battlefield.

"Lord Dorn, the entirety of the chaos fleet is either retreating or has been annihilated, we may commence Exterminatus in fifteen minutes."

"Belay that order." The primarch said as he into the eyes of a severed head. "That's enough bloodshed for a day."

More souls that will be sent screaming into the Immaterium, not to be devoured or tormented by the dark gods of which they serve, but by a "benign" power that awaits a new life.

"If this power truly was so benign, how could she accept the lives of others so she may live?" Dorn asked himself as he walked past the carnage that had taken place. "True... true... The Emperor accepted the souls of others... but that was for...."

The betterment of others.

"So... if we bring her back, will it be worth all this trouble? Today, billions have died. I have killed more men than I care to count today. Is this really all worth it? Is what we seek to bring back truly a god? Was what I had formerly believed, that The Emperor has no equal.... was this all false? If that's the case.... how powerful is this entity.... if it requires this much sacrifice?"

He didn't exactly want to think about it. But he did. And it only grew worse from there.
For some reason.

He began to think of the entity referred to as the "Void Dragon."

The thought stuck with him for a long time.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There was a burning in Twilight's lungs as she tried to take a look back through her blurred vision, the banging of her heart did little to help her.

Turning around to get a clear view, she realized that Slannesh wasn't too far behind. She tried to put on an extra burst of speed, but soon she felt as though she was deep in water.

Before long, she tried to catch another glance.... and hit a wall.


In her dazed state, she saw Slannesh approaching with a wicked grin.







Draigo allowed himself a small laugh as he cornered Slannesh. The god wasn't even going to put a fight? This was going to be interesting. He decided... perhaps it'd be more fun if he used his combat knife. Perhaps... why not be sporting?





Twilight could only watch in fear as Slannesh drew a long skinning knife... but... something whispered to her. Until it wasn't a whisper anymore.

OPEN YOUR EYES.




Draigo lunged at Slannesh... only to be sidestepped and hit a wall. Angrily, he looked back up to chase his foe. He was only slowed when he heard a small whisper.... or rather... a quiet scream.... wait what?

OPEN YOUR EYES.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Dorn wanted to sleep. He badly wanted to as a matter of fact. But every time he closed his eyes.... he would descend into the realm of nightmares.


He found himself standing at the top of many bodies. Bodies of friends and foes alike. The planet's sky had a familiar hue to it. Red.

Why he was trampling on the corpses of his enemies, he needed no explanation. Why he also found himself on top of many of his allies.... that made him wrinkle his face in disgust at himself.

This was a dream right?

Dorn got off said mountain of corpses, and for reasons unknown to him... began to walk in just no particular direction. Wandering as one could say.

He met several rather familiar faces. His brother primarchs. Leman Russ, Sanguinius, Ferrus Manus, many great heroes of the Imperium, Draigo, Lysander, Logan Grimnar. Many unsung heroes of the Imperium and a force of..... Eldar. Don't forget the wizened man in the brown robe. And one last person he knew not the name of. A tall woman... slightly shorter than an astartes with a pair of angelic wings... who's hair flowed like the swirling galaxy itself.... who's form shifted from human to equine.

That was when he met the unfamiliar faces. The faces of the enemy. Yet.... he knew their names.

The Nightbringer. The Outsider. The Deceiver. The Burning One.... the hateful star gods.

He never heard the war-cry, but he did find himself charging... screaming... waving his weapon at the enemy. Hundreds of thousands of necron warriors rose to bar his way. None succeeded in doing so.

They say Primarchs never felt fear. Whomever They happened to be, was wrong.

Oh so wrong.

He never really saw anything. Just a swirling dark mist. It spoke. It's voice.... was... scaring.

Hail to thee children of thee earth...... Today is your last...... Children of Sol....... The Old Ones are dead..... The Eldar are dead......The Dark Gods are dead....The Tyranids are dead...... in the end... there is only Mag'ladroth.... in the end.... there is only I....