• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 2,005 Views, 81 Comments

FEDEX 727-100QF - MLPFIM6444



A FedEx cargo plane is en route from a cargo drop off, when out of no where, something extraordinary

  • ...
7
 81
 2,005

Chapter 1: Entry

Chapter 1: Entry


"FedEx 727-100QF velocity 516 knots, heading two-seven-zero, en route to Detroit." Said the pilot on the cargo plane.

"About 30 minutes out, beginning descend in two minutes."

"You say that like it's extremely important." said the co-pilot.

"Actually, Mitch, we HAVE to, for the black box."

"Ohhh. Makes sense,"

Flight 343, FedEx cargo plane, was a Boeing 727-100QF, coming back from a cargo run in Miami. The two had had quite a long day of flying, and they were ready to go back to Detroit and call it.

---------

"Okay, you watching?" asked Matt.

"I've been watching for the past 15 minutes." said Josh sarcastically.

"Okay..."

There was a sudden flash of light were Matt was standing, and an unknown source of light kept the area lit.

"Matt?"

"I'M... FINE! GAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

"You don't sound fine!"

"NO! IT'S ALRIGHT! DON'T COME TOO CLOSE, OR ELSE I'LL SEND YOU FLYING BACK AT MACH 4 OR SOMETHING!"

Josh kept his distance. He didn't know what was going on, but whatever it was, it seemed to hurt Matt... In a good way.

"You sure you okay?" Josh yelled over the roar of... Whatever Matt was doing. Matt couldn't hear him.

---------

The two men up in the aircraft piloted it confidently.

"Hey, we're off course." said the co-pilot.

"What? How?" Asked the pilot. He looked down at his coursing machine. It was pointing dead straight.

"That can't be right! Detroit tower, come in?" The pilot began to ask Detroit tower of they were off course. Detroit wasn't responding.

"Detroit tower, come in! This is FedEx cargo 343, we need assistance!

The Detroit tower wasn't responding.

"Are we out of range?" asked the co-pilot. The pilot looked up at him to see the nervous look on his face, when he saw it, out of the window behind his co-pilot.

"Tarmac! Lit tarmac!"

"What? Where?"

"Right there, look!" said the excited pilot, pointing as best he could at the lit tarmac runway.

"How did we pass it?" asked his co-pilot, and the pilot's face fell. The tarmac was to the far right of them, 30,000 feet below.

"No matter. We have plenty of fuel to go around." The two pilots looked at each other, and laughed at the pilot's witty joke.

"All right, auto pilot off, we can't trust it. We're doing this manually."

"Yes, sir! Uh, problem. The auto pilot won't go off!"

"You gotta press it you moron. It's not touch activ-"

"I did! It's not shutting off!" interrupted the co-pilot in panic. As the pilot looked down at the auto pilot button, he realized the light behind it was off, indicating the auto pilot was off, and manual flying was on.

"Is this some kinda joke?"

"What? I don't-"

"The auto pilot IS off, you nitwit." the pilot grabbed the controls and pushed, to make the plane descend. It wasn't working. The controls were locked in place, like they were when auto pilot was on.

"You gotta be kidding me. So we have NO control over this aircraft?"

"No-" started the co-pilot, but fell back in his seat.

"Wake up. Hey? You still there? Wake up!" The pilot was taking this as a rude joke.

"C'mon you, that's NOT funny. Wake up!" The pilot put two fingers on the co-pilot's neck, and couldn't find a pulse. He picked up the radio in a panic.

"Detroit tower we have a big problem, we have no control over the aircraft and the co-pilot's..." he stopped, realizing again he had no radio contact. He began pulling at the engine's throttle, but they were locked like the main controls. When suddenly, there was a random ball of light in front of his plane, that managed to disappear before the plane collided with it.

"The hell..." said the pilot. It happened again, except this time it was farther away. A third time. A fourth. every time it was farther, disappearing just before the plane hit it. Again it came, very far in front of his craft, but this time, instead of just staying there, it stretched vertically outwards quite a bit, then horizontally a rather small amount. The pilot suddenly realized it was adapting to the shape of his aircraft, and he was going straight for it!

"WHAT?! OH NO..." He quickly pulled on his controls, to realize once again, they were locked. He had no choice but to fly straight into the white rectangle in front of him. And then he was gone. Him, the co-pilot, the cargo, the FedEx 727, and the white rectangle of pure light. Gone.

---------

"Matt! Holy crap, man, that was intense!"

"No, it was normal. It didn't feel all that great like it was before." Josh was glad to hear that. It meant that he wouldn't want to do this any more.

"What happens to the plane?" asked Josh, as they walked back to his car.

"From what I know, it goes somewhere in the universe. When I had only done like, eighty, I thought that they just disappeared, until after doing this truck, I found a story on TV about the same truck that had "fallen out of the sky" on to the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada." Somewhere in the universe. Josh was glad he stopped.