• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 2,005 Views, 81 Comments

FEDEX 727-100QF - MLPFIM6444



A FedEx cargo plane is en route from a cargo drop off, when out of no where, something extraordinary

  • ...
7
 81
 2,005

Chapter 10: Ketchup

Chapter 10: Ketchup

The thunder cracked again. Mitch looked up from the book he was reading to the flicker of light it brought. Mike was upstairs having a nap, and Twilight was in the other wing of the library. He looked out and saw ponies galloping about, looking for shelter in the heavy downpour. The area lit up from lightning. One was galloping faster then the others. Mitch couldn't make out its cutie mark, but it looked sort of like a big round red blob. It appeared to be an Earth Pony, and it had what appeared to be scratches on its belly. It was cyan, just like Rainbow Dash. It even had the same mane. The thunder came. Mitch got closer to the window. Is it... he thought. No, it couldn't be. It's an Earth Pony. he sat back down on the stairs another lightning strike illuminated the sky. Another pony, seemingly chasing the first, come into view. It was bright pink, with a dark pink mane and tail, and had a cutie mark of three balloons. CRACK. Mitch narrowed his eyes, then shook his head. No, that pony had a straight mane and tail. Pinkie's is puffy, even in rain, right? He thought.

WAH-BANG

The door swung opened harshly.

"NO!" he heard somepony yell, and the door whipped shut before he could turn around. Mitch shuddered. He stared at the door where the noises come from. He stood up and walked slowly down the stairs and to the door.

"H-hello? A-a-anyone there?" He stuttered, approaching the door. He grabbed a broom and raised the wooden handle above his head with one hand, while reaching for the handle with the other. He quickly turned the handle and pushed the door open, grabbing the broom with both hands.

"Hiya, Mitch! Doing some cleanup?" Pinkie Pie said to him.

"Uh, yeah-"

"May I come in?"

"Of course," Mitch scratched his head. What just happened? He thought. Mitch looked out the door, looking one way and the next. It seemed like nothing but a blackened street during a heavy downpour. He shut the door. He looked over at Pinkie Pie, who was taking off her saddlebags. Her hair was puffy, like usual. "Pinkie, have you seen Rainbow Dash?" Pinkie froze.

"Yeah, she came in my store this afternoon."

"Did she tell you where she was going?"

"Uh, no."

"What was she doing at your store?" Mitch narrowed his eyes.

"Sh-she was, uh, g-getting, a, um, a c-cake."

"Why?"

"She was probably throwing a party."

"Wouldn't you, being the party pony, help her with that?" Mitch crossed his arms, and smirked.

"I did. That's what I did all afternoon. After we were done, I left to go here."

"Wouldn't you want to take shelter at Sugarcube Corner?" Mitch's eyes narrowed further.

"Well, I was just coming here to, uh, just um, Twilight invited me. I didn't want to let down my friend." Mitch's smirk went away.

"Funny, no one else came." He said, and got his smirk back.

"Well, maybe there not as good friends."

"No wonder you murdered one." Mitch covered his mouth and his eyes widened.

"Does this have something to do with you thinking I'm a cannibalistic murderer?" said Pinkie, obviously offended.

"No! No, no, I'm sorry I said that. It was the wrong thing to say, I'm dreadfully sorry."

"Hmph!" Pinkie trotted into the other wing of the library. Mitch looked at the saddlebags, sitting on a table. He walked right up to them. They had a simple button latch design. Mitch simply grabbed the cover, and pulled it off. The button gave off a pop as it came free of its socket. Inside the saddlebag was four large jars of... Ketchup? Of all things! He thought. He reached towards the other saddlebag.

"What are you doing?!" Mitch turned around to see a very shocked, surprised Pinkie standing in the doorway to the other wing of the library.

"Why do you have these in your saddlebags?" Mitch asked. Pinkie sighed, and looked at the ground.

"Now you know. It's my special ingredient," she admitted.

"Where did you get all this-"

"From Dash! It's Dash's! I took it from her!" A tear rolled down her cheek.

"You stole a bunch of ketchup from Rainbow Dash to make cupcakes?" Pinkie looked up.

"Yeees, ketchup. Uh, please don't tell anypony!"

"Okay..." Mitch opened a jar and dipped his finger in, and licked the ketchup. There was so much iron in it, he could taste it. Pinkie trotted towards the other wing of the library.

"How does she get it to taste like this?" Mitch said aloud.

"Beats me, but it satisfies customers," said Pinkie, and she closed the door behind her. Pinkie robbed Dash. That's not odd at all.

---------

The storm was finally letting up. Mitch decided he'd keep the robbery thing to himself, and he spent the night reading research books. By the morning, he couldn't decipher why, because he'd forget anyway. Twilight trotted down the stairs and past Mitch. Mike followed. They didn't say a word to each other, and looked disappointed.

"What's up?" Asked Mitch.

"Nothing. Nothing is up," replied Mike.

"Exactly," added Twilight.

"I think something's up," said Mitch.

"Pegasi," responded Twilight, and trotted out of the library.

"Mike, what happened?" Mitch asked.

"Come on, Mitch, we're going to the crash site to head home." Mike told him. Mitch rolled his eyes, just as Mike walked out. Pinkie came down.

"Think something's up with them?" She asked.

"Yes, yes I do," replied Mitch. Pinkie Pie put on her saddlebags, and they both stepped out of the library.

"I'll be heading to Sugarcube Corner to store my special ingredient. I'll get to the crash site as fast as I can," she said, and trotted in the opposite direction. Mitch watched her trot away from the library towards Sugarcube corner, which was barely visible over several buildings.

"Be back soon," he heard her say.

"Okay," said Mitch, and turned to leave as well. As he walked, he thought. Pinkie Pie wasn't looking at him when she said that, she was looking at a bush.

He neared the crash site. Be back soon, she had said to the bush. He thought another moment about the bush, remembering as much as he could from the glance he gave to it and Pinkie. Something was sticking out from the bottom of the bush, like a snake. But, it was blue. Cyan blue.