• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 2,005 Views, 81 Comments

FEDEX 727-100QF - MLPFIM6444



A FedEx cargo plane is en route from a cargo drop off, when out of no where, something extraordinary

  • ...
7
 81
 2,005

Chapter 6: The Plan

Chapter 6: The Plan

Mitch woke up from the sound of birds chirping. He got up, and looked around.

"Fluttershy?"

"I'm right here," Mitch turned around and saw Fluttershy, with a couple birds sitting in her mane.

"Uh, Fluttershy?

"I know, Mitch,"

"No, not that, where's the letter I was gonna send Mike?"

"oh, I sent it myself."

"What time is it?"

"About five o'clock in the afternoon."

"I've been asleep for that long? No matter, can we go to Twilight's house?" At that moment there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" said Fluttershy. Twilight opened the door with her magic, and walked in.

"You and Mitch wanted to see me?" she asked.

"Yes. Mitch?" Fluttershy replied, turning to Mitch.

"Well, I-"

"I already know. Fluttershy told me, and I have a spell to get you back."

"You do?!" Mitch asked excitedly.

"'Recent Teleportation Spell'" Twilight read aloud from the book in her saddle bag. "'This spell recognizes recent de-materialization and re-materialization to send the object or objects back to the de-materialization area, in its exact same form from when it de-materialized. This means that if a sentient being is sent back through the teleportation, it will lose all of its memories from the point when it was teleported to the time it was sent back through the spell, because the nerve impulses will be in the exact same state. This also happens with hunger, consciousness, injuries and thoughts.'"

"So... all you have to do is do the spell on the plane with me and Mike in it, and we'll be back over Detroit on Earth?"

"That's the plan!" exclaimed Twilight, and her and Fluttershy's faces lit up.

"Without any memories of each other?" The mares' faces fell. Mitch sighed.

"Well, we need to get back home... Wait, what about Mike? He can't leave the hospital with a skull fracture."

"That's right," Twilight said with a small sigh. "so you're stuck here at least until your friend, Mike, recovers."

"What do I do in the mean time?"

"Well, I passed Rainbow Dash on the way here, and she wanted to know more about aeronautics in your world, to get ideas on how to fly faster."

"Ideas on how to fly faster." Mitch said with a chuckle. "How fast can a simple Pegasus like her fly anyway?"

"Well, at the Best Young Fliers competition last year, she managed to fly 76,000 miles per hour." Fluttershy explained. Mitch's jaw dropped, but then he starting laughing.

"A horse with wings flying at 76,000 miles per hour. That's," Mitch paused for a moment to do some quick calculations. "that's Mach 10! There's no way she could do that! Sorry, Fluttershy, but I need some proof. And if she can fly that fast, why does she need to go faster?"

"You need proof, do ya?" Rainbow Dash swooped down and landed in the open doorway.

"I'll give you proof!"

"Rainbow, were you following me?" asked Twilight. Dash quickly looked in one direction, then the other, with a guilty expression on her face.

"Nooo..."

---------
2 hours later
---------

"Is that proof enough?" asked Rainbow Dash. Mitch looked at the huge rainbow explosion above him with an open jaw and wide eyes.

"Yeah. But, uh, you wanted me to give you advice to go faster?"

"Yup!"

"You can go 76,000 miles per hour, and you want to go faster?"

"If I can go fast, why not go faster?"

"Rainbow, I can't give you any advice. My time is more advanced then yours. We didn't even have anything that could fly more then 100 years ago. And your time is about 500 years before ours, or something. We have technology you don't."

"Well, okay. What about acceleration techniques?"

"Try engines,"

"Whats?

"I told you we have technology you don't."

---------

"Handling?"

"No,"

"Air resistance?"

"No,"

"Are you even thinking of techniques?"

"No,"

"Are you going to?"

"No,"

"Do you want me to leave you alone?"

"No. I mean yes,"

"You said no first. Braking?"

"No! Go away!"

"Fine, jeez." that pony, Mike thought, is almost as annoying as Mitch. Rainbow Dash turned around before leaving the hospital room.

"Thrust?"

"NO!" Mike yelled. Rainbow Dash giggled to herself, and left the room.

"Thank god that's over." Mike said to himself. Rainbow Dash poked her head through the doorway.

"What about techniques to avoid weather?"

"NURSE!"