• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 2,005 Views, 81 Comments

FEDEX 727-100QF - MLPFIM6444



A FedEx cargo plane is en route from a cargo drop off, when out of no where, something extraordinary

  • ...
7
 81
 2,005

Chapter 2: Crash!

Chapter 2: Crash!


Twilight Sparkle looked up at the night sky through her telescope, at all of the wonderful stars & formations.

"Um, Twilight? You think it's time to call it a night?" asked her assistant, Spike.

"Not now, Spike! This is the clearest night we've had in Equestria for a long time! I don't want to miss this chance to stargaze!"

"Whatever you say. Just, um, please stop going on to yourself about how wonderful it is."

"Sorry, Spike." Twilight looked back up into the night sky, and saw a flickering light.

"What the? Spike, come look at this!"

"Ugh, do I have to?" groaned Spike.

---------

Rainbow Dash lay in her cloud bed in her cloud house, staring at the cloud ceiling wondering, why can't I sleep? A sudden flashing of light filled her room, and went away. She looked out of her bedroom window to see a huge flickering light outside.

---------

Fluttershy walked about her cottage in the woods caring for all the little animals throughout her house, when a flicker of light from outside her cottage caught her eye, and she became very focused on it.

---------

Rarity stood on the balcony of her Boutique, looking over the few lights turned on in the village below, when she saw a flickering light in the night sky.

---------

Pinkie Pie stood at the counter of Sugar Cube Corner, working a night shift, hoping for customers, when a flickering light outside the shop grabbed her attention. She began pondering as to what it could be.

---------

Applejack was sitting outside her barn at Sweet Apple Acres, watching the night sky for shooting stars with her brother, Big Macintosh, by her side. A sudden flickering light in the sky caught her attention.

"Whoa, ain't that strange?"

"Eeyup,"

---------

There was a sudden knock on Twilight's door.

"Come in." She said.

Rainbow Dash flew in quickly, and came right up to Twilight.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"What did I do? What did you do? What did the weather team do... Are we talking about the same thing?" She asked.

"Are you talking about that?" Asked Dash, pointing a hoof in the direction of the light.

"I didn't... Whoa! Look!" replied Twilight, paying more attention to the light. It was no longer flickering on and off, and it had grown in to a large rectangle. A huge thing shot out of it and flew over Ponyville. It looked like a dragon, no, it looked nothing like a dragon, or did it? Or was it even alive? It came up over the houses of Ponyville, narrowly missing the roofs of the houses below. It flew into the air and came back around. A loud alarm went off in the town; the mayor must have thought they were under attack.

"That's my cue! Gotta go!" Rainbow Dash said quickly, and shot out towards the huge monster flying around Ponyville. Twilight set out for where the monster was heading.

"Where ya going, Twi? asked Spike

"Not too sure, yet," And with that Twilight was gone.

---------

Mike, the pilot of the FedEx 727-100QF, was glad he finally had control. It was short-lived, however. The aircraft suddenly had four other planes, seemingly fighter jets, in front of him. They were likely escorting him. He felt relieved that this crisis was finally coming to an end. All of a sudden, the four fighter jets turned around and ran into his plane. How had they performed such a sharp turn, and how did they not explode when they had hit his craft? The plane slowed down immediately, and Mike pushed the throttles to the maximum.

The plane shot forward and Mike almost blacked out from the G-force. It went down quite a bit and Matt struggled to keep the craft up. He swerved the plane hard to the right to avoid hitting a hill, and saw a field, perfect for crash landing, right behind it.

"God, I hope that's enough land." He maneuvered the aircraft around and came in for an emergency landing.

"Craft durability, don't fail me now!" The airplane slammed straight into the grassy field and skidded along the unnaturally flat land until slowing to a halt not far from the end of the field.

"Alright. Now, to figure out what has happened in the past fifteen minutes." said Mike.