• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 1,257 Views, 17 Comments

The Magic of the Earth - Cameron Nightshade



What if one day you found that you happened to be different from everyone else in the world? How would you react, and what would you do?

  • ...
4
 17
 1,257

In the Royal Courts

I woke up the next morning to a pony gently nudging me. “Ugghhhh. Just five more minutes, then I’ll get up. Maybe” I mumbled into my pillow as I rolled over.

“I’m sorry, Miss Dawn. But the princesses have asked me to see you to the Royal Courts. So, if you may, please get yourself ready. I will be back very shortly to escort you to the Courts. Good day, Miss,” the maid pony said to me as I rolled out of bed onto the floor.

I picked myself up off the newly carpeted floor. Slowly, but surely, I made it to the bedroom mirror, and brushed out my mane and tail. Soon, I looked somewhat presentable.

“Ah, good. You are now ready. Now, Miss Dawn, if you would please follow me to the Royal Courts, that would be fantastic,” the mare turned around. I noticed she had a small broom as her cutie mark. She was a unicorn pony, so that might be why she worked here. Also because was the maid. I haven’t seen any Earth ponies working at the castle at all. Not even in pictures. It was always the Unicorns, or the Pegasus ponies.

Soon, we had made it to the Royal Courts. I opened the tall doors, and peeked in . Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Luna were all sitting on their respective thrones. A Sun, for Princess Celestia, a Moon, for Princess Luna, and a 6-pointed star, for Princess Twilight.

“Welcome, Dawn. Now, I ask if you may tell your story to my sister, Luna, so she can hear your words,” Princess Celestia asked.

I swallowed and nodded slowly. I made my way closer to the thrones, and looked at Princess Luna. As I told her my story, she nodded her head several times, and sometimes even interrupted my story to ask an occasional question.

I looked back at Princess Twilight to see if I did well. She smiled and nodded her head. I had always looked up to all the princesses, even Princess Cadence. Where was she, anyway? Oh well, I figured she had some better things to do in the Crystal Empire than to come here and listen to my story of being an Earth pony who can do magic.

“Well, Dawn. That was quite an interesting story that you told there. I am glad that you shared it with me. Now, from what I understand, you will be traveling back to Ponyville with Twilight and have her as your mentor in the skill of magic, is that correct?” Princess Luna asked.

I looked back to the blue mare. “Yes, Princess. That is correct,” I said.

Princess Luna nodded to Princess Celestia. Princess Celestia’s horn glowed in the sweet gold. A necklace landed around my neck, and I looked at it. “W- what is this?” I asked, wondering why the Princesses would give me a necklace. Of all things, a necklace.

“It is a necklace of Help. If you ever need the help from one of us, we will hear it. It’s only audible to us three, so when you are trouble, like you are getting picked on for being special, or someone tries to get you to take your magical powers, ring, and one of us will come to your help. You are officially under the Princess’s watch. We will always be here to help you with your magic. That necklace also helps control your magic, so you only use it when you truly want to use your magic,” Princess Celestia explained to me.

Princess Twilight nodded. “You are never alone. We will always be here to help. Princess Celestia helped me learn what friendship is like. Now I can teach you how to control magic. This is gonna be so exciting!” Princess Twilight squealed. She cleared her throat. “Oh, uhm, this will be very intriguing, if I do say so myself,” Princess Twilight composed herself.

The Princesses and I all looked at Princess Twilight with a smile on our faces. “Well, I think it would be best if you and Dawn went back to Ponyville, so ponies won’t wonder where Dawn went. And the Princess. A ‘random’ pony and the Princess missing is due to cause some confusion. So, I have a carriage stationed out in the West Gardens. If you need our help, please do not hesitate to ask. Spike, Twilight’s dragon, can send me fire letters, so that will be nice if you choose. For immediate action, please use your necklace. Thank you for visiting the castle, and I hope you come back soon!” Princess Celestia called out as Princess Twilight and I as we left the Royal Courts.

Princess Twilight and I made our way to the West Gardens. Soon, we were on our way back home to Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, I just couldn;t really come up with any good ideas for this chapter. The next on will be better though!