• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 1,256 Views, 17 Comments

The Magic of the Earth - Cameron Nightshade



What if one day you found that you happened to be different from everyone else in the world? How would you react, and what would you do?

  • ...
4
 17
 1,256

As To Twilight

“Princess Twilight! Princess Twilight!” Cloudy and I yelled as we ran into the library.

Princess Twilight ran out of her basement, panicked. “Yes? Oh, hi girls. How may I help you today?”

I rushed forward. “I, uh. Well, uhm. Cloudy and I, well-” I stuttered. How was I going to word this? I thought to myself.

Cloudy rushed forward. “DAWN CAN DO MAGIC!” she yelled, clamping a hoof over her mouth the moment she said it.

Princess Twilight looked dumbfounded. She looked from me, to Cloudy, and back to me. "Is this true?" she asked.

I nodded, and went to levitate a small piece of paper that fluttered onto the floor when Cloudy and I rushed into the Library. The paper slowly, and very wobbly, lifted up off the floor.

“SPIKE!” she called. A little purple dragon came running out of the kitchen.

“Yes, Twilight?” Spike asked.

“Send a letter to the princess. Dear Princess Celestia, I have been notified of an Earth pony filly, known by the name of Dawn Shadow, who can do magic. As far as I know from my extensive studies, there is no record of an Earth pony, or a Pegasus pony who has been granted the skill of magic, as the Unicorns have. With this arising to my attention, I am asking if I am allowed to have a student. I know how young magic can sometimes get out of hand, even for a Unicorn. For an Earth pony, however, I figure it must be even harder. I am asking if I will be able to teach her to control her magic, and if I can take her under my wing here in Ponyville as my first Royal Duty. Please respond quickly, and thank you. Your faithful graduate, Princess Twilight Sparkle.” Princess Twilight finished. After she said that, Spike rolled up the letter, and breathed out. Green fire erupted from his mouth, and the letter caught on fire, and escaped out the window.

Princess Twilight walked over to me, and circled me. Soon, a purple aura of magic surrounded me. I tried to move, but the princess’s magic stopped me from moving. Soon, I gave up and let Princess Twilight do… whatever she was happening to do.

“So, I have noticed the magic presence in your mind-” Princess Twilight started.

“Well, of course she has a magical presence! She accidently hit me with that magic!” Cloudy interrupted.

“Thank you, for that input. So, yes you have a magical presence in your head. I don’t know where it came from, since you are an Earth pony. But maybe….” Princess Twilight let me down with her magic, and raced down to her basement. I looked around at Cloudy and Spike, who shrugged and walked off.

Princess Twilight came up the steps. Her horn lit up with a purple glow. The next thing I am aware of, I am floating in the air, and being rushed down the stairs, and placed in a chair. A helmet type thingy is strapped to my head, and beeping starts from behind me. “Uhm, Princess Twilight? What are you doing?” I asked cautiously.

“Ugh. Nothing is showing up! No spells put upon you. But there is no such thing as an Earth pony who can do magic! What is going on?” Princess Twilight paced back and forth across the basement. I figured I wouldn’t get an answer to my question, but this was just silly.

“Twilight! Twilight!” a little purple blur came rushing down the stairs. When it stopped, I noticed that it was Spike. “From the Princess. Dear Twilight, I have never heard of an Earth pony being able to do magic either. Before you take her under your wing, I ask if Dawn and you, may come up to Canterlot. I ask this so I may know just what is going on. Please send a letter back to me if you are able to come or not, so I know whether or not to send a chariot to the library. ~Princess Celestia.

Princess Twilight looked at me. “Do you think your parents will be okay with you coming to Canterlot with me?”

“Yeah. Well, maybe. I’ll go ask. But I think it would be better if you came with me to ask.” I answered.

“Well, okay. Lead me to your home, then,” Princess Twilight said back to me.

I took the silver helmet off my head, and trotted up the stairs. I sent Cloudy back to school to tell Miss. Cheerilee where I went. Once she left, I lead Princess Twilight to my house. Of course, it didn’t go over well.

“What do you mean? You want to take my daughter to Canterlot, because she can do magic? She is an Earth pony, not a unicorn! I don’t care if you are a Princess or not, I will not have you take my daughter to Canterlot, without any proof,” my mom reprimanded.

“Mom, it’s true. Look,” I lifted my hoof, and levitated a pencil that was on the table. Her mouth dropped open.

“Uh- well. Uhm. So how long will you be staying in Canterlot?” my mom asked.

Princess Twilight looked pleased now. “Only a day or two, so Princess Celestia may see this for herself. Once she does, I will bring Dawn back to Ponyville, and I will be her teacher on how to control her magic. But I must ask, you mustn’t tell anypony about her ability. Nopony can know, except the few who do, Cloudy, Princess Celestia, Spike, you, Dawn obviously, and myself. We will be riding in a chariot sent from Princess Celestia to Canterlot, and do not worry about packing anything, I still have some things up there that you can use. Come on Dawn, I need to have Spike send a letter to the Princess to send a chariot.” Princess Twilight explained. I followed her closely, so I wouldn’t lose her.

Princess Twilight trotted into the Library, and called for Spike to take another letter. “Dear Princess Celestia, Please send a chariot as soon as you get this. I do not want Dawn missing too many days here in Ponyville. Thank you for the chariot as well. Your faithful graduate, Princess Twilight Sparkle.” Spike breathed out, and sent the letter to Princess Celestia.

About what it seemed 63 questions later, a chariot landed outside the library. Princess Twilight and I boarded the chariot, and set off for Canterlot.