• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 1,421 Views, 58 Comments

Overkill: The Shifter - Emerald Shield



White Rabbit, the organization created by the Grimm Reaper to deal with the maniacs of society, sends it's number five strongest to venture into the world. His name. Is Overkill.

  • ...
14
 58
 1,421

Ch.5 The Week of a Lifetime. Day one

"Ah home sweet home" I said as Dash and I went inside my house, Rex and Tank not far behind.

"So this is your house huh? Cool" Dash said.

"Just wait 'till you see the workshop. You might not be an egghead like me or Twi but I'm sure you'll love tinkering around in there" I then proceeded to lead Dash to her room. "This is were you'll sleep" I said standing in a small room with a bed and closet.

"You built all this in three days!?" She said in utter shock.

"To me it felt like three months but yes" I replied. I then proceeded to walk out of the room.

"Hey Overkill?"

"Yeah?"

"Am I going to be stuck like this forever?" Dash asked me.

"Do you want a real answer?" She nodded "I don't know. The shifting powers will disappear after a week. The vampony part might not though" I said. When she heard me say she could have those fangs for the rest of her live she began softly crying. I immediately walked to her and embraced her. "Now now. It's not all bad" I said as I tried to console her.

"Yes it is, I'm going to be stuck like this forever" she said. I just did my best to comfort her, I have never seen her so... vulnerable, it's almost li- my flow of thought was cut of as I felt Dashes fangs sink into my neck, I didn't really mind it actually. After about a minute or so she let go and fell on the bed. Vast asleep. I felt the two puncture holes on my neck already stitching themselves back together. I just smiled at the sight of Dash sleeping, she looked pretty cute actually. I then went to bed myself not to long after.

The next morning
"Hey Overkill wake up!" Dash yelled.

"Hah!" I yelled as I fall out of my bed and on the ground with a loud thump. "What the hell did you do that for!" I asked.

"Hahahahaha!!!!! You should have seen the look on your face!" She practically yelled as she tried, and failed, to hold back her laughter.

"Hardy har har, very funny. What do you need?" I grumbled.

"Well there is a shop in town that sells Wonderbolts related stuff an they just received a new poster design and"

"you want to get it?" I asked.

"Yeah, exactly!" She said.

"Fine, we'll grab breakfast when we're in town I guess" I said.

"Yes! But can I first, you know" she said pointing at her fangs.


"Fine" No sooner did I say that and she tackled me against my bed and started sucking my blood.

One hour later
We were on the outskirts of town walking calmly. It was a nice fall day and the sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky. When we got in town we saw everypony just minding his/her own business. "The monster has Rainbow, everypony run!" A mint green unicorn mare yelled. Pretty much the entire town looked our way before all making a mad dash for their homes, all the while screaming in terror. Within minutes the town was deserted.

"What's this all about?" Dash said. She then heard a loud thump and saw that I had punched the ground with my right front hoof which already looked like the right arm of the colossus. "No Overkill if you do this now you'll never be accepted here!" Dash yelled. I just sighed as I changed my hoof back to normal. "That's better, wait here" She said again before galloping to a seemingly random house. A minute or so later she came back with the same mint green unicorn from before. "Overkill this is Lyra, Lyra this is Overkill" Dash said shoving Lyra within five feet of me.

"H-h-hi" Lyra said quivering under my emotionless gaze.

"May I ask you one question?" I asked, she nodded. "Why did you call me a monster?" I asked simply.

"A-about a week ago we say you turning into that thing and punching princess Celestia. We figured you were hostile to the throne and not a real pony so it kinda got worse from there on" Lyra explained calming down, albeit little.

"Okay, that's makes sense" I said.

"It does?" Lyra said.

"Yeah I have been called worse things before, a couple years ago some bookworm thought I was Sombra incarnate, he even charged at me with a fake crystal heart thinking it would kill me" I said bluntly.

"Sombra incarnate? You might look a little hellish and have weird powers but that's a little over the top isn't it?" Dash said.

"I know right, ridiculous" I replied.

"You're actually pretty cool you know that? Wait here let me tel the others to come out of hiding" Lyra said running to the house she came from. After a couple minutes she came out followed by a grey furred blonde maned and cross-eyed Pegasus mare, a grey furred and black maned very formal looking earth pony, a cream colored brown and pink maned earth pony, and an alabaster and electric blue unicorn with glasses. "Derpy, Bon-Bon, Octavia and Vinyl Scratch, this is Overkill" Lyra said introducing me to them and vice versa.

"Hi, I'm Derpy" the grey Pegasus said with a goofy grin.

"Hi, might I ask you all one question?" I asked the four mares, they nodded. "Are you afraid of me?" I asked bluntly. Minus Vinyl they all nodded. "And why do you not fear me?" I asked Vinyl.

"Cause I have no reason to" she said.

"Okay good, good. You're smart, you shouldn't fear me cause of some rumors" I said.

"Don't mind me asking but why is your right eye blue and your left eye red?" Octavia asked me.

"I actually have no idea" I said simply. I did actually but I wasn't going to make them think I'm soft.

"Okay" she replied. Before there we could start a real conversation a massive roar was heard before the ground began shaking in rhythm with loud thumps.

"What was that?" Vinyl said. She got her answer in the form of an Ursa Major bursting through the tree lines of the Everfree. It stood there looking around until it's eyes settled on me, it released another roar before slowly walking to me whilst trying to intimidate me by showing his razor sharp teeth.

"Oh you gotta be fucking kidding me!!! An Ursa Major really! Can't I once have a normal day" I yelled. "Dash stay here the rest... Run" I commanded simply. They all complied by running back to the house they came from. "You ready for your first fight with your new powers?" I asked Dash.

"Are you sure we can beat this guy?" Dash asked me with a worried expression.

"No, cause we're not gonna. We are going to have to kill it" I said like killing a bear hundred times bigger than anypony was the most normal thing in the world.

"Oh no I ain't killing an innocent Ursa no matter how much it destroys the town!" She replied.

"Dash, an Ursa Major has such strong bodily defense that you can't simply break a bone of it. The only way you're gonna do any damage is killing it... got that?" I said. She nodded. "Good now shift into a stalker, only sharp things can get through its thick skin so the colossus won't work" I stated shifting into a stalker, Dash soon followed and shifted into her own version of the stalker, her version was blue and white and actually had wings. "Good now follow my lead" I said before sprinting of to the Ursa's legs delivering a few cuts here and there whilst the Major tried to squish me by trying (and failing) to stand on me with its massive feet. Dash quickly followed by flying up to the bears neck and slashing away at it, not that it was doing that much but she was choosing speed over power. After some time of not doing that much damage to the bear I was sick of it and decided to try something I haven't tried before.

"Okay I'm sick of this doing nothing, time to go Apex!!!" I yelled as I was engulfed in a red glow, a couple seconds later my skin turned a dark crimson and various tendrils sprouted from my back and connected themselves to my right upper arm, my left arm grew orange spikes over it giving me more varied methods of attack.

Once the transformation was complete I jumped al the way up to the bears neck and yelled. "BOLT SLASH!!!" No sooner did I say that then my blade started sparking with electricity and glowed blue.

Once the attack hit I immediately sliced straight trough the bears neck splattering silver colored blood all over me, Dash and the houses around us. The body just stood there for a couple seconds before falling to the ground... dead. The next couple of minutes were just spent in silence, that silence was broken by the sound of hooves stomping on the grass reached Dash' and my ears. A second or so later the rest of the mane six came into view. "Oh my gosh are you alright we heard some weird noise and came here as soon as we could!" Fluttershy said uncharacteristically loud.

"We're fine thank you vary much" I said.

"What happened here?" Twilight asked. Dash and I just stepped aside revealing the body of the dead major which they surprisingly hadn't seen yet.

"Okay, that certainly explains why y'all are looking like that, speaking of which could y'all change back to normal?" AJ asked once regained her composure.

"Sure" Dash and I replied turning back to normal.

"Why are you all covered in that silver stuff?" Pinkie asked us.

"Oh this... this is Ursa Major blood" I said simply. When I said that Rarity (once again) fainted.

"Ursa b-b-blood?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah it was looking for me because I presume it's the parent of the Minor I hit last week, so we had to kill it" I said simply.

"Kill it! But why!?" Fluttershy asked now furious.

"You can't just beat an Ursa Major and expect it to run with its tail between its legs, it's kill or get killed with an Ursa Major, so this was the only logi-" I was cut by some ponies wearing blue suits arriving at the seen and saying.

"Don't worry your friendly neighborhood Wonderbolts... are... here" the leader (a fiery orange mare) said whilst finding out that the problem was already dealt with. "Wha?... How?..." She proceeded to say. Another light blue Wonderbolt stallion noticed me and said.

"Overkill you son of a bitch I swear every time something as big as this happens and we're sent to stop it, you're already there and one step ahead of us" he said with an annoyed expression.

"Hey, you guys should be thankful I killed this Ursa for you, you certainly wouldn't have been capable of doing it Soary" I said to Soarin.

At that the leader tried (and failed) to hide her laughter.

"I tolled you to never use that nickname!" Soarin said with an annoyed expression.

"Sorry it's just so fun little brother" I said with a smirk. "Oh and Spitty you shouldn't laugh at your brother" I said with an ever growing smirk.

"Hey I tolled you to never use that nickname as well!" Spitfire said.

"Wait, brother? As in you are family of not only Soarin but Spitfire as well!?" Dash said with a shock look on her face.

"Not genetically, I'm their half brother, my father married their mother" I said. Dash still had a shocked expression.

"What that's awesome as hell!!!" She yelled with a huge grin.

"It has some benefits" I said cryptically. We then dived in a small conversation telling about my childhood with Spitfire and Soarin.

"*gasp* We should totally have an Overkill saved the town party!" Pinkie said.

"I agree, let's see if you can still sing Overkill" Spitfire said with an all knowing smirk.

"You can sing!?" Twilight practically yelled.

"I used to" I said. I only received sad faces. "Fine I'll sing at that stupid party" I grumbled.

"YES!!!" Spitfire, Soarin and Pinkie yelled.

A couple hours later the party was at full swing at Sugarcube Corner. Everypony was randomly assigned to certain stations and the rest of town had come as well, making the place pretty crowded.

"And now the main event you've all been waiting for, Overkill is going to sing a song of his choice to you all, come on stage Overkill!" Pinkie yelled from her spot at the middle of the stage. I then (with some (not a lot) reluctance) came on stage. "Okay Overkill, what are you going to sing for us?" Pinkie asked me

"I am going to sing a song that has been in my family since it was created around two thousand years ago. It is called; Monster" I said softly before whistling, a minute or so later Rex came trough the door with a record in his claws. The ponies inside were shocked to see a reptile easily bigger then them. "Rex throw me that record would you" I yelled before Rex threw the record at me, I catches it in my right hoof which had already turned into a hand I then proceeded to shift into a bipedal form (anthropomorphic) shocking all residents minus the mane six. "Thanks" I said. Rex then went and got comfortable by lying next to Dash. I then threw the record at Vinyl who catches it in her magic before putting it on her turn table. As the record started turning a steady hard rock tune began playing. I got myself ready and...

After the song ended it was silent at first, then one pony began clapping, then another, then another, pretty soon the entire building was almost shaking with all the hooves being clapped on the ground. I just stood there and bowed with a smile on my face. The party went back to normal after that and lated well into the night, when only the mane six an me were left we began talking about how each of them were doing.

"Hey overkill?" Twilight asked me.

"Yeah" I answered.

"What did you mean by that that song has been in your family for two-thousand years?"

"Just like I said it, it's been in my family for two-thousand years" I replied.

"Could it have originated when Discord was defeated?" She asked again.

"Fine you're on to me" I said.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked while the rest all gave me funny looks.

"Although it was indeed Discord who gave me my powers, he did that indirectly. You see, when Discord still ruled Equestria he had a bodyguard. He was called: Chaos Bringer, he was an earth pony, but not just any earth pony, he had a special gene which only occurs once every generation. When that gene is strengthened with chaos magic it will imbue the bearer with the ability to shape shift. See what I'm getting at?" I asked twilight.

"You're a relative to this Chaos Bringer!" Twi practically yelled.

"Exactly" I replied simply.

"But how can rainbow have those powers as well?" Rarity asked me.

"I made it so that she has those abilities naturally for one week, I for that matter rely on a specific gene for my powers" I explained. The next minute or so was spent in awkward silence.

"Hmm Overkill" Dash said breaking the silence.

"Yeah?" I asked her.

"I'm... thirsty" she whispered with a blush because she was within 5 feet of her best friends.

"Oh, okay, go ahead" I said simply. Rainbow nodded before walking to me.

"Might I ask what is going on here." Rarity asked.

"You do remember the events of yesterday right?" She nodded. "Well since she's now a vampony she has to suck blood, and since you five aren't strong enough (no offense by the way) she has to suck mine" I said like it was normal.

"Oh, okay" Rarity replied looking whiter than usual. Dash was now standing in front of me, I turned to her and she said.

"Are you sure you're okay with this and all, I might have sucked your blood three times before but... you know"

"Of course I am, you're a vampony now so you have to do this to survive, so I have absolutely no problem with this" I replied blushing a little. The rest of the mane six were watching curiously as to what would happen next. Dash nodded and slowly came closer to me, all the while blushing. Once she was close enough we looked into each others eyes and no words had to be spoken, we both shifted into an anthropomorphic form and Dash slowly leaned forwards to my neck, once close enough she exposed her fangs and bit into my neck whilst embracing me in her arms, I just hugged her back. And at that moment a small fire ignited in the both of us, the fire of love. The five other mares just looked at the display with happy smiles.

After a couple minutes we broke (reluctantly might I add) apart, we just continued staring into each others eyes for a couple more seconds. After which our eyes widened in realization of what this must look like. "Eh... That was something" Dash offered.

"Yeah, right" I said after we both reverted back to normal. "I think I hear Rex calling bye!" I quickly said before I ran away in a failing attempt to make the situation less awkward.

"Did somepony see that!" Pinkie said.

"See what pinkie?" AJ asked.

"Overkill's right eye is blue as well!" Pinkie replied.

"You like him don't you?" Rarity asked Dash whilst completely switching topics.

"What!? Don't be rediculues" Dash replied.

"She definetely does" Twilight said.

"Fine maybe a little and so what!?" Dash replied in an agitated tone. "Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go!" She continued before rushing out the window.

"She really likes him" Rarity said.

"Probably" Fluttershy offered.

"Well it's already late we should probably go home" Twilight concluded.

"Yeah, ah'ma hit the hay, see you guys tomorrow" AJ said before going home. The others left to their homes pretty soon after all the while thinking about how this might end.

Author's Note:

I know that if they're anthro they should technically wear clothes but hey, they got fur. That's enough coverage for me.

I added the song itself to the chapter, just reading the song text was probably pretty awkward

Emerald Shield out