• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 1,421 Views, 58 Comments

Overkill: The Shifter - Emerald Shield



White Rabbit, the organization created by the Grimm Reaper to deal with the maniacs of society, sends it's number five strongest to venture into the world. His name. Is Overkill.

  • ...
14
 58
 1,421

Ch.3 Breakfast with a Demo and a Deal

The next morning I was woken up by a knock on the door, I just turned around in my bed and continued sleeping. But the knocking didn't stop 'oh right I'm in Canterlot castle' I thought as I stood up out of bed. "What" I said as I opened the door revealing a very formal looking unicorn stallion.
"The princess has requested your presence at breakfast sir" he said, I thought about it and eventually said "Fine, lead the way". He then turned around and began walking, I just followed. "In here sir" he said stopping in front of a pair of double doors. "Thanks" I said before proceeding trough the door. Once in the room I saw a massive table, it's occupants all talking to each other. Among its occupants were: Celestia, Luna, the mane six, a unicorn stallion with a white coat and multi tinted blue mane and a pink alicorn. Once they noticed me the room fell silent. "So this must be the stallion I have been hearing so much about" the white stallion said before proceeding to fire a lightning spell at me. Once it hit me my eyes glowed an eerie crimson before going back to normal. "What the buck is wrong with you!!!" He yelled before firing again hitting me square in the chest. At the spot he hit me my fur began to retract into my rapidly black and purple turning skin. Celestia noticed this and put a shield around me. "Why are you protecting him!" The stallion yelled at her. "That's why" she said pointing at me. Everyone then looked at me, once they're eyes met my body they didn't see me per se, rather they saw a small bipedal with only a left hand, instead of its right lower arm it had a long blade. The being than cut itself free before charging at the stallion. "Overkill no calm down!" Twilight said getting in front of the stallion.
"Out of my way Twilight" I said calmly, surprising everyone present that I could still talk.
"No! I won't let you hurt my brother!" She yelled in my face.
Everyone else at the table was curios to see how this would play out.
"Your brother?" I said backing away. "Yes, this is my brother Shining Armor. Shining this is Overkill" She said. "Why did you attack me" I asked Shining still in my stalker form.

"You punched my aunt, plus you're to dangerous to keep alive"
Upon him saying this all mares present (which is a lot) gasped "Shiny I thought I taught you better than this" the pink alicorn said "were are my manners I'm princess Cadence" the pink alicorn evidently called Cadence said. "See, at least she has manners" I said to Shining while pointing at Cadence with my blade. "Do ya'll mind turnin back to normal sucarcube" AJ asked me.
"Of course" I said turning back to normal. "Okay you are now officially the second coolest pony ever, next to me of course" Dash said with slightly blushing cheeks. "Okay now that the peace has been somewhat restored, take a seat Overkill" Celestia said to me. I walked to the table and sat down between Celestia and Dash. "Even though you strangled Pinkie and almost cut my brother to pieces, I still hope you will allow me to research your abilities" Twilight asked me. "That won't be necessary" Luna said "because I have already figured out how he got them" she proceeded.
"Really! How!" Twilight practically yelled. "His Life-force is tainted by chaos magic" Luna explained.
"Did somepony say chaos!" Discord said after he teleported into the room. "Yes, have you tainted Overkills Life-force with chaos magic?" Luna asked. "Who?" Discord replied, Luna motioned to me.
"Yes, why?" My eyes then became red and I yelled, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!" I then teleported in front of him. "I see his powers developed nicely" Discord said calmly. "Nine years! Nine years, do you know what happened in them! I was only called a monster, for nine years straight!" "Overkill calm down!" Celestia said sternly. I turned to her with my still glowing red eyes meeting her pure white ones, signaling she was willing to defend everypony present at all cost. "Want a demo of how powerful I am" I asked everypony, they nodded "meet me in the gardens in one hour, bring the elements." I said before teleporting away. Everypony present gulped, they might want a demo but they didn't now how powerful he really was.

One hour later
I was currently sitting in the middle of the Canterlot gardens when I saw them approach: Celestia, Luna, the mane six all with their respective elements, Shining, Cadence and Discord. "Finally there you are" I said my eyes still glowing red. "Overkill darling why are your eyes still red?" Rarity asked me. "Once the lust for a battle appears, it won't back down" I said. "Okay, I understand that" Dash said. "Okay you stand on the west side of this clearing, and I stand on the east, then you all fire your strongest attacks at me, I'll hold em of and beat you" I stated matter of factly. "Ya'll are gonna beat all eleven of us, on your own?" AJ asked skeptically. "Yes" I said, before walking to the east side signaling the conversation was over, the rest walked to the west.
"Okay charge up your attacks" I said turning into the colossus. Once they were all charged up they nodded, I nodded back. "3...2...1... FIRE!!!" I yelled at them. As soon as I said that they all released they're attacks: a golden beam from Tia, a silver beam from Luna, the usual rainbow from the elements, a violet beam from Shining, a baby blue beam from Cadence and a white and red beam with a candy cane pattern from Discord. Once they got to me I thrust my hands out catching the various beams and holding them of, surprising all of them. I smirked before proceeding to shift into the Apex Colossus. "HELL WAVE!!!" I yelled as my hands glowed red and black. Before shooting a black and red beam, pushing the beams of the others back to the middle where they had a power struggle. Eventually mine won out and raced at the others knocking them out instantly... but not before they could all release a scream of pain. Guards were swarming the area in a matter of seconds. They quickly spotted me as I was still in the form of the Apex colossus.
"Earth guards! Restrain that monster!" The captain yelled. "Unicorn guards, hold it to the ground!" He yelled again. The earth an unicorn guards quickly had me restrained as I didn't want to hurt them. "What is your business here monster?" The captain asked. When he said monster my eyes began to glow red and I snapped out of my binderies grabbed the captain in my massive hands and threw him across the garden, I wanted to charge after him but was stopped by a purple flash in front of me. "Overkill calm down you'll hurt them if you continue with this!" Twilight said as she was now in front of me. "Fine, but tell them that if they call me a monster again there will be casualties!" I said turning back to normal surprising all guards that I could speak. One if the Pegasus guards saw this as an opportunity to get me and flew at me and with his speed kicked me in the head releasing a sickening bone crunching sound and throwing me back ten feet. "Yeah! Got em!" He yelled in triumph. "Why did you do that!?" Twilight yelled at the guard. "That pony was a threat to national, so we had to kill him" the guard stated like it was it was the most normal thing in the world. "Overkill, Overkill are you okay!" Twilight yelled running to my side, once she was close enough she saw something that almost made her vomit, I was lying there with my skull and face horridly deformed. But it was already slowly stitching itself back together, although she didn't notice. When Twi was next to me she checked my pulse... there was none. As she noticed that she started crying over my body, the guards tried to ask what was wrong and why she was crying over the body of an enemy of the country. She didn't say anything, she just continued crying. One by one the other elements, princesses and Discord awakened to her crying. Dash awakened first and when she noticed Twilight crying over my body started crying as well, the rest quickly followed.
Fluttershy and Rarity started crying as well, AJ took her trusty Stetson of in respect, Pinkie was shaking all over the place saying there would be a big doozy sometime in the future. Tia, Luna and Cadence closed they're eyes in a moment of respect, and Discord just stood there with an all knowing smirk. "What is going on with his face?" Luna said, upon that they all opened they're eyes and saw that my face was almost finished stitching itself back together. "What the hay?" Dash said.
Once my face was fixed I gasped loudly, revealing that the eye on the right side of my face where I was hit wasn't red anymore, rather it was blue, still slitted, but blue. "Overkill! You're alive!" Dash said as she hugged the live out of me. "Too close for comfort, too close for comfort" I said.
Dash then let, reluctantly might I ad, go. "But how?" Twi asked "nopony can come back from the dead" she said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You were dead, you didn't have a pulse"
"That's because when I'm severely wounded my heart starts pumping way slower to conserve energy for the healing to kick in" I said "where's Shining Armor?" I asked Cadence.
"All those years of trusting on shield spells left him pretty weak on bodily defense, so he's still out cold" she explained. "May we have your attention please" Celestia started, we all looked at her "Luna and I have been discussing and have a proposition for you Overkill" she said to me. "Okay, what's up?" I asked. "We would like to hire you as the personal guard of princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends" "How much" I asked bluntly "five-hundred bits per month" "thousand" "seven hundred and fifty" "deal" we then shook each other's hoofs, the rest stood slack jawed at the fact I just made a deal for 750 bits a month with the princess. "Looks like I'm staying in Ponyville" I said to the girls. "And you'll be getting 1500 bits upfront so you can buy a house and get yourself up and running" Luna added. "Yes! Tomorrow we'll have a welcome to Ponyville party for you!" Pinkie said excitedly. We all just smiled at her antics, when I smiled my left eye flashed blue before turning crimson once again. Cadence noticed this and smiled thinking that when my eyes are blue I'm happy.

Me and the girls then got packing and left to the train station. "I can't wait to hang out some more Overkill, plus finally having a stallion in the group makes us look less like fillyfoolers" Dash said
"Rainbow Dash, a mare should never talk like that" Rarity said sternly. "You want me in your group?" I asked surprised. "Of course we do" AJ said. "But why, I strangled pinkie for fucks sake"
They all flinched at my language. "But we now know why you did that, plus we now also know we shouldn't call you a... you know" Twilight said "Monster" I filled in for her. "Exactly" the rest of the walk to the station was spent in silence. Once on the train, we all said together around a table. And the girls started talking, I, I was just thinking of how my life might brighten for a change. I smiled at the thought.

Author's Note:

Will our hero be happy for a change or will he be shunned in Ponyville, we'll see, we'll see

Emerald Shield out