• Published 14th Dec 2013
  • 1,420 Views, 58 Comments

Overkill: The Shifter - Emerald Shield



White Rabbit, the organization created by the Grimm Reaper to deal with the maniacs of society, sends it's number five strongest to venture into the world. His name. Is Overkill.

  • ...
14
 58
 1,420

Ch.1 The Beginning

Monster

That's what I was being called as I left Trottingham

And guess what, I earned that title because I saved that stupid little town from a squad of changelings, hunting for love.

But enough about reasons, let me introduce myself.

I am Overkill, a Pegasus stallion with an ash-grey coat, a mane and tail so black they seemed to suck up all light around them, crimson slitted eyes and razor sharp teeth.

Weird Isn't it, my species is supposed to be a herbivore, I thought so to, that is until I hit puberty.

When it started it turned all my teeth razor sharp and made my eyes reptilian in nature.

But that is hardly the worst thing that happened then, when I was around fifteen years old I came across.... abnormalities in my bodily structure.

For one I found out that I could change it, and no I don't mean punching my teeth out.

I found that I could reshape my body, at first I could only do so much as lengthen my legs.

Then it got more complicated... as the months after the discovery progressed I got better at shifting (the name I gave my abilities).

I like most colts of my age thought dragons were awesome.

This let me to try and shift into one... instead something much more terrifying happened.

Instead of a dragon I turned into a black/purple-ish bipedal tough skinned behemoth, the colossus,
as I had resorted to calling it, had hands, a leather like skin, huge bulking muscles and a hunched over type posture.

I of course was terrified at the start.... but found it to be pretty cool eventually.

The different forms I could shift into were very varied.

After I mastered my shifting abilities, I resorted to crime fighting in my home town of Manehatten.

That resorted to me getting my cutie mark, a flaming humanoid skull.

But my methods were, you guessed it, overkill.

I was sixteen at the time, I'm currently twenty five.

But enough about me, let's get back to the present.

"Why does this always happen to me" I grumbled to myself, "I saved them from those changelings for celestia's sake"

As I continued walking for another eight hours I came upon a small town on the horizon... Ponyville... the last and only town (minus canterlot, but I wasn't going there because princess Celestia and Luna lived there) to have not rejected me and my abilities... yet.

As I approached the outskirts of the town I, somehow, didn't notice the pink blur coming in from my right.



Hii'mpinkiepiewhoareyouInevermetyoubeforewichmeansthatyou'renewandyoudon'thaveanyfriendswichmeansyourlonely....

As this Pinkie Pie mentioned my lack of friends it ignited the last ember of a great fire of rage which caused me to snap and lunge at the (somehow still talking) pink blur and pin her to the ground putting my hoof over her throat making her stop talking...

"Look pinkie was it, I don't need any more friends" I said in an almost demonic voice,
"Now if you would just leave me alone and never talk to me again I won't hurt you more than I already am" upon her nodding I pulled back my hoof allowing her to breath

When she stood up again her mane and tail had seemingly deflated and lost some of its color.

Not to long after she burst into tears and ran into town.

"So much for a good first impression" I said bitterly to myself, "guess I'll sleep under the stars tonight."

I then searched for and found a cloud to sleep on, as my thought's drifted to the pink pony from earlier I started to feel sorry for her, albeit little.

With that thought in mind I slowly drifted of to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to a massive roar in the distance. It didn't take me long to find the source, an ursa minor was walking through town, destroying buildng after building.
Not to long after I spotted a Rainbow maned Pegasus mare trying to kick it in the face... it wasn't working.
I then spotted another mare, this on being orange, trying to buck it into next week, this also wasn't working.
I decided I should help, I might be cruel sometimes, but I am still a hero... sorta

jumping of the cloud I started flying to the ursa, "need help" I said once I was close enough.

"no we got this" the orange one said in a thick Southern accent

"Obviously" I said bitterly

"Just get to safety dude" the Rainbow one yelled

"Okay, leave, the both of you, this is way out of your legaue, I got this" I yelled back

"You sayin we aren't strong enough chump" the Rainbow one said getting up in my face

"Yes" I said calmly

"come on RD let's give this guy a chance" the orange one said

"Fine" the Rainbow one said

"Thanks" I said with a smug grin, and then proceeding in shifting into the colossus making the two mares jaws drop to the ground

"Out of my way" I said in a much deeper voice
"How" the two proceeded to say at the same time
the ursa took notice of my change and charged at me thinking that it finally had a decent opponent

I then charged at the ursa at speeds something as big as me should not be capable of moving, with the momentum I was currently packing I released a devastating uppercut at the astral bears jaw, sending it back and immediately knocking it out. "That, is how you fight an ursa" I said turning back to normal and then proceeding to walk to the ursa's body to see if it was really knocked out, once I had my confitmations a lasso wrapped itself around my tail and then proceeding to pull me to the orange mare which had the other end of the rope in her mouth.

"Com on RD we gotta take this guy to twilight" she said.

"Yeah" the Rainbow maned one said

"I can walk you now" I said

"Oh no you ain't getting away that easily" the Rainbow one said

"fine I'll play along" I said

three hours later
I was locked up in the basement of what I saw to be a library

"Come on twi, that guy just isn't natural" I heard someone outside say.

"Yeah, you can't let him out he'll rip us to shreds"

"I can't say I believe you girls, changing the bodily structure... that is impossible"

"Humor me" I yelled

Upon me saying that the door opened an a purple alicorn walked in, "You may come out" she said.

"Thanks" I said bitterly, I then walked out of the basement and into the main room of the library, there I saw six mares.


"So these must be the famous mane six I have heard so much about" I said with a fake smile revealing my razer sharp teeth, which caused al mares present to gasp, the smile faded once my eyes met the eyes of a certain pink pony.

"YOU?!" we both yelled at eachother, her mane deftlated and tears came to her eyes causing all mares present to rush by her side trying to console her.

"what's going on Pinkie why are you upset?" the yellow and pink one asked, Pinkie the proceeded to point a hoof at me.

"what's wrong with him" the purple one asked

"H-h-he s-strangled me yesterday" she said bursting into tears again.

"WHAT!" all mares (minus Pinkie) yelled

The Rainbow one then proceded to puch me in the muzzle or at least trying to because I bit her tearing of a piece of flesh, then spitting it on the ground, which caused them all to gasp (again).

The purple and white one fainted, the alicorn wrote a letter which got sent by a small dragon, not too long after a hard thump was heard from outside, the door blasted open revealing the one I didn't want to see right now: princess Celestia, and she was furious, "WHERE IS HE!!!" she yelled, the mane six pointed at me, once celestia saw me she threw me outside with her magic.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!" she yelled

"Oh boy" I said

As Celestia and me stood before each other I couldn't help myself but to think of why she's here, sure I strangled pinkie
but that- my flow of thought was interrupted when I saw the door to the library close.

"So you're gonna give them enough time to get the elements eh?" I said, turning into the colossus, you should have seen the look on Celestia's face, priceless

Once she recomposed herself she spoke.

"Yes and they are going to rid you of the dark influence that is controlling you!" Funny they actually thought I was possessed.

"Okay then, let's get on with that distraction!" I yelled at Celestia before charging and trying to uppercut her, she saw this coming and weaved around my massive fist, then punched me in the face with her right-front hoof sending me back a good twenty feet. 'I didn't know alicorns were that strong' I thought. When I stood up again I sprouted a pair of wings on my back and flew up in the air, Celestia staid on the ground idly waiting, when I reappeared I fell through the cloud cover and slammed both of my fists in the ground, I was aiming for that winged pain in the ass but she backflipped out of the way.

"You're pretty strong for a mortal" Celestia said.

"But not strong enough to resist the elements!" The purple alicorn from before yelled now with a tiara on her head and the other five all had necklaces, "You do now that the elements of harmony is one super purifier right" I said "exactly!" Celestia yelled as the mane six floated in the air, a rainbow chain started connecting them, once it reached the tiara a rainbow beam shot out of the middle arcing high through the sky and then hitting me, it began swirling around me as a tornado and then... it exploded.

"We did it!" They all yelled together until a very evil and dark laugh rang from the explosion site, freezing the seven mares in place. "You didn't think it would be that easy did you!" Once the smoke cleared they saw something that horrified all of them, instead if the normal colossus they saw something similar, but different. Instead of black/purple it was now a fiery red with orange spikes everywhere.


"What do you want" Celestia said sternly but with an undertone of pure fear, this being had not only survived the elements of harmony but was strengthened by them.

When she said that I turned back to normal, "I just want to be accepted, this was all a misunderstanding" I could hardly keep myself from laughing, I can't believe I said something so stupid.

"misunderstanding my flank! You strangled Pinkie and bit of a piece of my hoof!" The rainbow one said.

"If I bit your hoof you should already be dead because of the toxin my body naturally makes, so I never bit you" I said calmly.

"What do you mean I never bit you, I can see that you bit of a piece of my hoof!!!" She then proceeded to inspect her hoof, but found that nothing was wrong with it, "how?" She said completely stunned.

"It was an illusion" I said calmly
"But that is not possible only unicorns can make illusions!" The purple alicorn said confused.

I then went and grew myself a horn making me now look like an alicorn "does this explain it" I said.

"In short, no" purple said "because that doesn't explain why you strangled Pinkie!"

"In short, when you have been crime fighting for nine years and have been banished from pretty much every town you become cruel real fast purple"

"My name is twilight sparkle" she said sternly.

"Good for you" I said.

Upon that twilight face hoofed, "okay then, how were you capable of withstanding the elements?" She asked

"The elements purify right" she nodded "well, if there is no corruption they strengthen purity, I was never corrupted or evil, just cruel, so the elements strengthened me"

They all stood slack jawed at my explanation "how do you know this?" Twilight asked

"I'm probably the smartes pony in Equestria" I said matter of factly

"Now now twilight is the smartest of all ponies I know and I know that if anypony is the smartest it's her" The orange one said.

"Okay this obviously isn't working, let's go to Canterlot and we'll discuss it there, okay" Twilight said. All mares nodded to that

"Fine" I grumbled.

We then each got packing and left to canterlot not an hour later.

Author's Note:

upon reading back on this thing I realized how many mistakes I made, I tried to straighten out some of the horrible bents in this crappy beginning of mine.

Emerald shield out