• Published 5th Dec 2013
  • 6,743 Views, 383 Comments

An Odd New Friend - Eon333MS



Can Fluttershy prevent an enraged Ponyville from tearing a lonely human to shreads?!

  • ...
45
 383
 6,743

Chapter 16: A Visitor in the Tree

I almost fell of my branch when I realized it was here.

“Who the hell are you?!” I exclaimed.

And when the hell did you get up in this tree?!

“I apologized if I frightened you with my sudden appearance. I assure you I mean no harm,” She (I think) said, “As for who I am,” She stretched out a hoof, pointing to the stars in front of us, “I am Princess Luna, ruler of the night sky.”

Riiiiiight… In reality, I though it was total bullshit, but I wasn’t looking for a fight right now. I kept my opinion to myself and let her continue.

“Do you not believe me?”

Dammit, she saw it on my face. “What, no, I’m just… tired is all.” I waited a second to see her reaction, she seemed to believe me. “What do you want anyway? Don’t you ponies have houses or some better place to sleep. ‘cause I doubt you’re here for this view.” I used a thumb to point at dark sky.

“You are correct,” She replied, “In truth; I came here hoping to ask you a few questions.”

That was odd to me. I’m no scientist or teacher or all that smart to begin with. Why would she come all the way here to ask me questions? Why not go to a library or something. My already thin trust in this stranger shrunk even more. I asked her, “What kind of questions?”

“Well,” She put a hoof to her chin, taking a moment to best phrase her sentence, “Questions about your world.”

It was surprising to say the least, “What do you know about the ‘my world’?”

“Well, you see, as princess of the night, one of my unique magical abilities, and one my duties, is entering the dreams of other ponies. I can watch them and interfere if necessary. And, believe it or not, during a night’s rest, a pony will have several dreams during the night. The first few dreams a pony will have are actually memories, and are the reason why those extra dreams are never remembered. But my powers are not limited to pony kind.”

The navy blue pony seemed to creep closer to me, “I have seen your dreams and you memories. I’ve seem much of the human world, but I know not of what I saw. What I have observed has left me with both disgust and awe, but curiosity has led me here still,” She pulled back to her original spot, “I was hoping you could elaborate these scenes.”

For a moment, I leaned back on my branch, pondering a bit at the offer. I quickly realized I hadn’t much else planned for the night and I wasn’t all that tired at all. So I concluded and said, “Meh, why not?” I sat up, now more intrigued at the idea and while playfully mimicking her speech patterns, said, “What alien scenes do you wish me to describe?”

“Well… I watched as an unmoving, metal dragon with a small tale made up of flame, screech across the sky at unbelievable scenes. It would make the oddest roar as dozens of flashes are sent to the ground below, bringing destruction to a city full of creatures… many of them just like you.”

“It sounds like a jet to me.”

“Is that what it’s called? Anyway, that city was made up of gigantic towers of metal and glass, as well as many smaller, stone buildings. Some of the towers held onto life despite huge scars that bled fire, but others had already fallen, adding to the destruction that flooded the streets below.”

I listened completely astounded; I would’ve never guessed she would’ve known such detail.

“The streets were filled with these many alien, metal beasts, diverse in so many ways, some crawled on the ground and others flew in the air, but all of them seemed to share a similar thirst for utter destruction. And among them were creatures just like you. They were all covered in nearly every in of their bodies with armor. Some even wore masks, making them only distinguishable from their foes. There seemed to be two factions fighting in that city; one wore gray armor and the other wore a light green. The way they fought was unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Each warrior held with them some kind of devise that would expel a flash of light, the sound of thunder, and invisible death. The warriors from either side would fall and die quite a distant from the nearest foe. It was a form of warfare I have never seen in my long life.”

I took the pause she made as a cue to start explaining, “Well, sounds like a typical battle to me. I don’t know how you horses fight, but I haven’t seen anything that would suggest it be like humans. Hmm,” I took a moment to ponder and decide what to say next, “I guess one could say much of our history is written in blood. In retrospect, we are very violent. We’ve had wars for every reason, and with each war, every side looks for a new way to defeat their enemies, and with that, somewhat ironically, we grow as a species. War and destruction is the one thing we’re so terrifyingly good at. We can spend generations creating grand and breathtaking cities,” I briefly paused, remembering the infamous end of the last world war.

”And destroy them in the blink of an eye.” She said, finishing my sentence.

“Yeah…” My eyes squinted and my head tilted, now looking at her with nervous curiosity, “How did you know?”

She turned her head, looking downward, as if a bit embarrassed by her own answer, “It's just how my sister had described you humans.”

“Your sister?”

“You’ve met her before. Her name is Celestia. She’s the Princess of the sun,” She seemed to use her muzzle to point at my right arm, “and the pony who gave you that scar.”

Her sister? I thought to myself; The sister of that white horse bitch? I looked at my scar and back at the pony. My fist clenched as my nervousness was evaporated and replaced by passive hate and anger. I asked her again, “What the hell do you really want?”

She seemed to make a small, devilish smirk, “If you’re so inclined to know, I’ll show you.”

Suddenly, her horn glowed. I raised my arm just in time to block a sudden burst of energy, but it didn’t make a difference. The energy, or spell, or whatever you want to call it quickly swam around my head before imbedding itself within my skull and brain. A sudden and powerful wave of fatigue washed over me. I felt my arms, legs, and the rest of my body seemingly disconnect from myself. I couldn’t move anything let alone keep myself balance in a tree.

I fell between the branches as gravity so helpfully brought me to the ground and likely a skull shattering root. For a moment, I was falling head-first and truly thought it would be the end of me. Without any real thought at all, ancient functions within my mind suddenly brought my arms back to life and pulled them over my head. I shut my eyes and braced every muscle I could for the impact.

But there was no impact. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself suspended in the air and covered in a grayish-blue aura. The blue pony flapped its wings as it slowly descended and landed. The recent fall cured me of my fatigue, but try as I might, I could not stop the pony from filling me with it again.

My body fell limp again and this time my senses seemed to disconnect from the world around me. I could barely see myself softly placed on the ground. The last thing I hear was a lulling sweet voice that said, “Sleep now, my little human, you’ll need it for tomorrow.”

Author's Note:

I know its my shortest chapter to date.
In retrospect, I should've had this as part of that last chapter, but Mehh.... I don't care right now.
Plus, I wanted the next part to be a chapter all on its own so, yeah...

Hope you all enjoyed!