• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 1,183 Views, 20 Comments

Travis won't die in the end - Blue dragon 116



An ancient evil awakens bent on blood shed, Spawned by the power of Nightmare Moon, follow a brony living his wildest dream could very well turn into his worst nightmare. Saving the world might take longer than you think but its worth it in the end.

  • ...
10
 20
 1,183

one hell of a way to start the day

I was peacefully asleep and relaxed as I lay across the seat of my truck. Not a worry in the world as everything seemed to be at peace for now. That is until a thunderous crash sounded outside my truck making it shake violently throwing me into the floor board, as dirt flew up onto the windshield temporarily blocking my view out. I quickly scrambled back into the seat throwing the head lights on as I went, only to stop staring with a mixture of awe and fear at the sight before me. About fifteen feet away from my truck was a rolling mass of dark blue/ black smoke with piercing white eyes gazing at me. As I stared in awe the creature began to move forward slowly, the smoke moved with it breaking at points allowing me a glimpse of what stood beneath it.

My headlights glinted off of dark blue armor covering a feminine figure as it got closer. Then to my horror the headlights began to dim and then blink out randomly, with the creature moving closer completely disappearing when the lights went out only to reappear even closer when they returned. And then the lights went out completely and even its eyes vanished as the lights came back on to reveal empty space where the creature stood. I slowly reached for my gun as a chill crept down my spine and a loud bang sounded right next to me just as I grabbed my gun.

Startled I spun to my left and leveled my gun only to recoil in shock with the creature standing right outside my truck staring at me. Then my entire body lit up a deep blue and I was bodily thrown from my truck only to land on my face and skid to a halt. My momentum making my legs go up in the air and then fall forward effectively flipping me over on my back with a loud grown. Slowly I leaned up clutching my head in pain noticing the creature coming towards me again making me scramble for my gun which lay a few feet away.

"Thou has been found guiltily of assault and attempted assassination of a princess of Equestria, the punishment being death." The creature behind me said her voice thunderous in the stillness of the night. "Hast thou anything to say before we carry out thy sentence?"

I stopped in disbelief just as I reached my gun and turned to look over my shoulder at my attacker. I was being attacked all because Celestia didn't know not to mess with things she knew nothing about.

"Two things actually." I said grabbing my gun and standing facing my attacker. "The first being you should ditch the archaic style of speech it does nothing more than make you sound like a fool. The second being any injury Celestia suffered earlier was because of her own ignorance. I did absolutely nothing to even be remotely classified as assault."

Not much was said as the creature and I stared each other down her horn glowing beneath the smoke as I chambered a round and pointed the gun at her. And with a blinding flash and a deafening bang the battle began, I pumping out rounds at the creature only to have them bounce off her armor or pass harmlessly through the smoke. While her attacks came alarmingly close to finding there marks, a few even grazing me and scorching my clothes and burning the flesh beneath. Then a loud click made me halt in complete fear, my gun was empty and the only other rounds were in my truck. I risked a quick glance towards it, seeing as during this little conflict I had managed to put my assailant between it and me and about a good twenty feet. My opponent must have noticed this as the number of spells she cast ceased entirely. The area where I assume her hands were began to glow and then the smoke began to take shape forming two wicked blades easily as long as my arm with serrated edges. And without warning she surged forwards slicing the air with the swords, my only defense being the empty gun in my hands for a shield.

It quickly became apparent that my assailant was toying with me, I managed to dodge or parry maybe half of her attacks (which was a generous estimate). And the other half that did land were only small grazing cuts meant to anger more than anything. And then they just stopped coming shocking me, making me look around in confusion. Only to see my assailant standing in front of me with the swords idly at her side. Confused I began to lower my gun only to be sent reeling by a staggering strike to my face starting above my right eye and ending just below it. The pain and blood blinding me as I swiped my arm across the cut trying franticly to staunch the flow of blood. Only to be struck again this time knocking me off my feet and straight onto my back as those wicked swords sliced the air coming straight down at me. The world seemed to slow as I watched them in there beautifully deadly arc and held my gun up in a last ditch effort to defend myself. To have my arms almost broken in two by the sheer force of the attack as the swords struck my gun and stopped dead. The two of us stared dumbfounded at our weapons both expecting my defense to fail only to have it do the exact opposite. Trying to capitalize on my opponents confusion I pulled my legs up to my chest and kicked her in the chest staggering her back and allowing me room to stand. As I came up I used my momentum to bring myself into range and smashed the but of my gun right between those glowing eyes, my ears being rewarded by the sound of metal warping and breaking under my gun. Without another thought I tore past her as she coughed and groaned heading for my truck and the box of shells I kept stashed behind the seat. I got to the truck and threw the door open and reached around behind the seat to get the box, only to freeze and shiver as all the warmth left the air. I risked a glance behind me only to have all the color leave my face and almost drop dead at the sight behind me. The creature behind me was now almost twice as tall and seemed to be absorbing all the light around her leaving only darkness as her horn began to glow. I pulled the shells from behind the seat and shoved some in my pocket as I ran back towards town. Only to hear the sound of a projectile screaming towards me and be sent flying as whatever it was impacted right behind me.

When I finally hit the ground the gun was sent flying from my hands on impact and almost everything from my waste down was aflame with agony. My vision swam as I searched for it and saw the creature approaching me once again this time wielding a clamor as long as she was tall. I began to crawl blindly my only goal was to get away from the terror that stalked me only to scream in agony as my ankle snapped beneath a cruel boot. With tear filled eyes I searched around for any sign of hope to find my gun lying literally a few inches away with a single shell right beside it. Blindly I reached for it as the cold nipped at my hands leaching any feeling from them as my fingers curled around the gun and brought it close. My other hand dropping the shell as I tried to load, though my hands were so numb I couldn't tell. As fast as I could manage I spun around pumping the empty action and pulled the trigger with a crazed yell as the sword came screaming down at me. Only to shatter as a blue ball erupted from the barrel of my gun and struck it just barely missing its wielder ripping all the smoke away to reveal the pony beneath.

"Well fuck my life should have seen that when she spoke." I thought to myself as Luna stared down at me at first in surprise then rage as my vision faded to black. I vaguely felt the familiar sensation of magic gripping and moving me before I completely lost consciousness. My rest was short it seemed as I was constantly plagued by arguing voices saying.

"We can not judge him based on the actions of those past sister."

"Yes I know but we must still be careful these humans are master manipulators."

"Maybe this one is different sister if he had any knowledge of the past I doubt he would have been so friendly when he got here."

"Be that as it may we should still watch him we wouldn't want another outbreak, now would we?"

"No we wouldn't we shall keep an eye on him when he awakens, and then through dreams when he returns to ponyvile."

Eventually the voices stopped and I was allowed proper rest and when I came too. I was surprised to see I was in a hospital bed with all the mane six asleep around the room same for Celestia except she was in a chair by the door. My sleep addled mind didn't comprehend why I was in the hospital, though Im sure what ever drugs they had me on didn't help either. That is until I saw who stood by the window in beautiful blue dress staring out at the night sky with her back to me. Slowly she turned away from the window and watched me with a weighted gaze.

'We... I know you are awake human there is no need to try faking it." She said smiling sadly walking over and sitting in a chair right next to me. There was a awkward silence as we simply stared at one another neither of us really knowing how to continue from that point.

"Why?" I said my voice hoarse and breaking making Luna look at me with concern before her gaze fell and a heavy sigh left her.

"I assume you mean why I attacked you?" Luna said with me shaking my head my anger and confusion rendering me speechless.

"Earlier this evening I heard that a creature had arrived in a strange chariot and attacked my sister before kidnapping young Twilight Sparkle and heading for Ponyvile." I shook my head and grit my teeth doing my best to bite back the smart ass remark that began to form on my tongue.

"And pray tell dear Princess from whom did you hear this little fallacy?" I said my eye twitching randomly in irritation. And as I said this Luna let her head drop to try and hide her face but I saw the look of shame on her face. And then mumbled something I couldn't quite understand making me sigh in annoyance.

"What was that princess I didn't hear you?" This time she said it a little louder but I still couldn't still hear her. "One more time Princess." Again Luna let out a sigh as she looked me in the eye with a exasperated sigh as she said.

"I heard this from a maid in the castle and immediately set out to find this 'monster', only to find I was wrong and had almost killed a innocent pony."

"Person princess I am a person not a pony." I said anger dripping from my every word. "So now the question remains where have you been these last three days. The two I laid in the infirmary and yesterday when your sister personally saw me off with young Twilight taking me to Ponyvile." Luna looked at me a flurry of emotions flying across her eyes before they became cold and expressionless as she said.

"I was away on royal business, that is none of your concern."

"Goddamnit Luna I don't give a damn about royal fucking business." I yelled making Luna recoil in surprise and all the other ponies jump awake and stare at me like I was a fool. "You attacked me, and damn near killed me based on shitty gossip you got from the rumor mill and destroyed many of the things I had to remind me of home. Im pretty sure the least you could do is tell me why the hell you weren't around and made aware of the situation,.... you owe me that much."

There was a stunned silence as Luna stared at me slack jawed in surprise and I glaring at her with a look that could kill a basilisk. The rest of ponies in the room were following Luna's look, all save Rarity who was looking at me with a mix of surprise and supreme reproach.

"I was away taking care of beasts that had been plaguing a small town for years before my return." Luna said her eyes glaring back at me matching my glare with one of her own. There was another long silence as Luna and I stared each other down until somebody cleared there throat to get our attention. We both turned to see Rarity glaring at us both like a mother would a disobedient child.

"Now I am not condoning Princess Luna's actions darling but you simply don't talk to a lady like that." She said glaring at me in particular as she spoke. " As for your clothes they can be replaced I would be more than happy to do it for you if you promise to shape up, act like a gentle colt, never speak like that again and apologize to Princess Luna." Rarity and I glared each other down for a long moment before I began to laugh out loud making her face scrunch up in annoyance.

"This is no laughing matter Travis." She said scolding me, making me stop laughing and give her a level look.

"No Rarity your right this isn't, but it doesn't matter the damage had been done and what has been lost cant be replaced." I said as the full implications of my situation finally hit me. "But my behavior isn't about to change, im only like this in extreme situations and given all that's happened to me my anger is more than justified." Rarity's gaze softened for a moment as she looked at me before it hardened again as she spoke.

" I understand you have been under a lot of stress as of late darling, that still doesn't make it all right to talk to a lady like that much less a princess. All this can be fixed with time and little hard work and I will begin on your clothes when I get back to my boutique so everything will fine though your boots will be difficult to recreate with those odd bumps all across the top."

"Don't even bother with the boots Rarity you cant recreate them, and even if you did it wouldn't be the same we can discuss this when I get out of here." I said a tinge of sadness shadowing my voice, with Rarity nodding in understanding before double taking and glaring at me harshly as she said.

"And who are you to say what I cant accomplish, it will be difficult but I can do it mark my words."

"Forget the boots Rarity in fact forget the whole thing you cant recreate them and I don't want you to try all right?" I said in exasperation my already shot nerves being tested.

"I can and I will remake them Travis and they will be better then those raggedy old things you....."

"You cant remake them you damned fool." I screamed in rage startling all the ponies again. "And would you like to know why, its because they were made of ostrich skin, you know animal hide, leather. And any replica you try to create will be pathetic in comparison of those raggedy things. Not because of there look but the value behind them, they were a gift from my great grandfather. Who damn near lost his legs fighting a war that spanned the globe so I would be able to live any life I chose to live." The room fell silent as a single tear fell down my face as I remembered all my family, and the fact I would never see them again. Rarity's mouth hung open as she stared ahead unseeingly and all the ponies looked at me with apprehension and pity.

"Please leave." I said choking back tears as I turned my back to them and buried my face in my pillow and began to cry. The room was dead silent save for the sound of my sobs for the longest time. Until the sound of footsteps could be heard and the bed shifted as someone sat on it.

"Travis im so sorry I cant even begin to imagine how you feel, but we are you here for you" Twilight said as she lay a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I took a deep shuddering breath and thanked god or whatever deity or power there was that at least one of the girls was willing to be nice to me after all this.

"I appreciate that Twilight." I said quietly " But right now if you could all please leave I need some time alone." There was a sigh and the bed shifted followed by the sound of many feet leaving and then the door closing. When they were all gone I finally let it all out crying out my fear and regret for all the things left undone home. I cried for a unknown amount before exhaustion finally consumed me and dragged me to a restless sleep.