• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 1,184 Views, 20 Comments

Travis won't die in the end - Blue dragon 116



An ancient evil awakens bent on blood shed, Spawned by the power of Nightmare Moon, follow a brony living his wildest dream could very well turn into his worst nightmare. Saving the world might take longer than you think but its worth it in the end.

  • ...
10
 20
 1,184

moon lights grace, magics faith

All was calm on the hill as I watched the sunset and moon rise in all there splendor. As the final rays of the sun left the sky, all the stars came out. Painting the sky and the world in there soft peaceful light alongside the moon. And it wasn't long after the moon rose I heard a soft pop and the soft sound of footsteps behind me.

"You know when I was young I was always fascinated by the night sky." I said not even having to look to know it was Luna who stood behind me. " I even wanted to be a astronomer I had the telescope, and even a book of the constellations."

Nothing was said for a long moment, the silence only being broken by the sound of the gentle breeze passing us by. And then once more the sound of footsteps could be heard as Luna walked up beside me and followed my example, stretching and relaxing as she lay on the cool grass.

"So you enjoy my nights?" Luna asked gazing up at the sky with a faint blush on her face. Her face was so cute, pair that with how soft almost wistful her voice was I couldn't help by chuckle.

"Indeed I do so long as the moon and stars bath the world in there soft glow." I said with a huge smile, but it quickly faded when I remembered the true purpose of this meeting. So with a heavy sigh I sat up, Luna doing the same, crossing her legs and resting her hands on her knees.

"I assume you wish to get to the point of this meeting don't you?" Luna asked with a even tone, while I shook my head yes. "Very well I have two purposes for having you meet me here tonight. One is pleasant enough while the other is more professional and less pleasant."

"Well lets get the bad news out of the way first then." I said making Luna nod solemnly as her horn began to glow. And then the tome I found in the castle ruins appeared in the grass between us.

"I must know where you found this, have you read any of it and was there anything suspicious about the circumstances in which you found this tome?" Luna said coldly as she simply stared at me and waited for me to respond. Figuring it would be easier to just get it over with I took a deep steadying breath, and began.

"I found that tome in a pool of blood in your old castle surrounded by shell casings from a human weapon." I said quietly still haunted by the poor souls screams. "I haven't read any of it, and right after I found it countless wolves poured from the shadows running right past me and chased after the girls. Then a jet black werewolf stepped from the shadows, her voice haunting and hypnotizing as she said she would have to keep an eye on me." I shivered as I recalled the way her voice sent chills down my spine "And the rest you already know, but its safe to say I am no longer the only human in equestria."

A long silence followed my statement as I stared down at the tome intently trying to guess what kind of information could be contained within its pages. My wondering thoughts quickly became filled with concern as minutes ticked on by without Luna saying a word. When I finally look up from the tome, Luna's eyes were wide with so many emotions racing behind them it was hard to tell why. Her body was stiff and straight, to the point it made my back ache just thinking about it.

"Princess are you ok?" I asked my voice laced with concern as I snapped my fingers in front of her face. Finally drawing Luna out of her trance like state after a bit of obnoxious snapping.

"Princess are you all right?" I said again getting a confused look from Luna before realization seemed to dawn on her and she nodded yes.

"Yes forgive me Travis but what you have told me requires great thought, and consideration." She said lapsing back into her trance like state. And this time snapping my fingers wasn't enough to rouse her, I eventually had to resort to tapping her knee to get her back to earth.

"You said there was two reasons you had me meet you here princess." I said with a chuckle when she jumped at the contact,

"Huh what was that Travis?"

"you said there was two reasons for this meeting princess." I said chuckling to myself. "We have discussed one of those reasons now we need discuss the second. That is if you can keep your head out of the stars for the time being." Luna chuckled quietly at my horrible attempt at a joke and smiled.

"Forgive me, as I said before what you have said warrants much thought and consideration." Luna said as she stood and stretched. "But enough of that, the second reason I wished to meet with you here is to give you your first months salary as equestria's ambassador to humanity." With that said Luna's horn glowed once more, this time a rather large bag appeared in front of me with distinct sound of coins hitting coins. I simply stared at the basketball size bag of coins in bewilderment until a soft chuckle snapped me out of my surprise.

"What's so funny princess?" I said still glancing at the bag of coins half expecting them to disappear when I wasn't looking.

"Your expression is what's so funny." Luna said trying and failing to hide her smirk and giggles behind her hand. I continued to glance between the bag and Luna until I reached out for it.

"I must say im surprised Luna." I said as I drug the back towards me. "I honestly wasn't expecting to be paid to literally do nothing."

"Truly you wouldn't think I would leave one of my friends without a job if I could help it?" Luna said, her hand over her chest in mock hurt. " And you wont be paid to do nothing, you yourself said you are no longer the only human in equestria."

I couldn't help but notice a little fear and something else race behind Luna's eyes as she said the last part.

"Be that as it may princess." I said watching her more closely as I continued. "But we still don't know what is bringing people to equestria and why." And my concentration paid off as I said the last part a look crossed Luna's face. One of someone who knew a secret but had decided not to tell.

"Only time will tell dear friend." Luna said her face a unreadable mask. "But for now I must bid you farewell I am needed at night court." And with that Luna took to the sky heading towards canterlot.

"Now why didn't she just teleport I wonder?" I thought to myself as I collected my bag of bits and made my way back to the library. Smiling as a lone tear fell down my face when I saw a familiar flower blooming all across the hill around me. The library was dark when I finally made my way to it, save for the dim flicker of a candle in the window closest to the door. With a tired sigh I walked to the door and gently eased it open only to have the sight that greeted me make me stop in my tracks. Lying on the couch with tear stained cheeks was Twilight clutching a book to her chest like it was a priceless heirloom. Choking back a sob when I realized how much distress I had caused her. I gently lay the bag of bits on the floor and pulled the boots Rarity had made for me off my feet. And tiptoed over to Twilight gently lifting her into my arms. Earning a pleased sound from Twilight as she snuggled up to my chest while I carried her up to her room. After laying her on the bed I slowly removed the book from her hands and quickly replaced it with a pillow.

"Goodnight Twilight sweet dreams." I said softly as I pulled the door closed and made my way back downstairs. Only to stop dead when I absentmindedly glanced at the tittle of the book in my hands. "Now why would she need a book on flirting and relationships? Could it be just maybe she..... no that's absurd" I thought to myself, quickly shaking my head to rid myself of these thoughts as I lay the book on a table. Before I took my usual spot on the couch and let the wonders of sleep claim me once more.

The following morning Twilight was gently awoken by the delicious scent of breakfast floating into her room. With a groan she rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. Only to bolt upright in bed with wide eyes, realizing she wasn't downstairs for some reason. And then to only compound her confusion spike was still curled up in his bed across from hers.

"If spike is still asleep then who is cooking breakfast?" She thought as she slid out of bed and made her way downstairs. Meanwhile I stood on the kitchen over a fairly up to date stove cooking chocolate chip pancakes and hash browns, wearing a apron that said "Don't forget to kiss the cook". I was completely unaware Twilight was awake much less in the kitchen until I heard a startled gasp and the sound of someone rushing forward. I turned around startled holding the spatula up like a club only to realize it was Twilight who stood behind me. With a blush stained face as she clutched the once open book that lay on the table to her chest refusing to meet my eye.

"Well good morning Twilight did you sleep well?" I said quirking a eyebrow at her as I turned back to the stove to finish the last of breakfast. And nothing was said as I finished breakfast and set everything on the table motioning for Twilight to have a seat as I said.

"So are you going to tell me who the lucky stallion is?" Chuckling to myself when Twilights head snapped up to stare at me with eyes as big as saucers.

"H.. How did you know?" Twilight stammered out making me laugh while I made my plate, motioning for her to do the same.

"I know you are the kind of person... or pony I should say who likes to learn all she can about whatever she can." I said matter of factly with a mischievous smirk, enjoying the cute look on Twilights face. "But the notes you have written in the margins kind of gave you away."

A long silence followed my statement as I began to eat and Twilight just continued to stare at the table in front her, as if it were the most interesting thing on the planet. That is until she whispered so softly it made Fluttershys timid voice sound like a shout in comparison.

"Im sorry Twilight could you repeat that I couldn't hear you." I said smiling as I leaned forward to hear what she would say.

"What do you think?" She said completely catching me off guard making me stare at her in confusion for a minute.

"Im sorry Twilight what do you mean what do I think of what?" I said giving her my undivided attention, watching her shift uncomfortably in her seat.

"I mean what do you think of what you read in this book?" She said setting the book down as if she expected me to take if for some reason.

"Well I don't really have anything to say about it." I stated awkwardly not even expecting this line of conversation. "To be honest I didn't get that far into your notes before I stared breakfast. The only odd thing I saw was you refer to the stallion in question as if he was a different species. Which I doubt it is too taboo for a unicorn to date a earth pony or a pegasus so I don't see a problem. For a long second Twilight stared at me with her mouth hanging open if I just told her the sun orbited the planet.

"I don't like a stallion Travis I like....." Twilight began only to be interrupted by the sound of something crashing through the door and then the wall in the library. Startled I jumped in my seat and cracking my knee on the table while Twilight went to investigate. When the pain finally subsided enough so I could walk I made way to follow Twilight. Coming through the kitchen in time to see Twilight help Rainbowdash back to her feet.

"Twilight have you seen Travis I've been looking all over....." Rainbow said clutching her head in her hands only for me to interrupt her saying.

"Now why were you looking for me Rainbowdash? Sure I was out late but I had a few things to take care of and needed to clear my head."

Rainbow looked over and glared at me as I spoke making me quirk an eyebrow in confusion the longer she glared at me. Then she stomped over to me angrily.

"Do you have any idea how long I have been looking for you?" She said punctuating everything she said by poking me in the chest. "And do you have any idea how much you worried Twilight she was afraid you wouldn't want to be her friend anymore after that stunt you pulled yesterday. And she has something to tell you don't you Twilight?"

Twilight shrank back a little realizing she was now the center of attention as Rainbow and I watched her expectantly. But it quickly became obvious Twilight wasn't going to say anything. since she was just twiddling her thumbs and wouldn't look either me or Rainbow in the eye.

"That's it." Rainbow yelled in annoyance. "If you wont tell him Twilight I will."

Twilights eyes shrank to the size of pinpricks when she heard this before her horn glowed and so did Rainbows mouth showing Rainbow wasn't going to say a thing. And things quickly dissolved into a one sided argument, it being one sided because Rainbows mouth was still magically sealed. A fact I would have found utterly hilarious if I wasn't so confused by the sight before me. After a good ten minutes of this I sighed in annoyance and made my way to the door saying over my shoulder.

"Ive got to go to Rarity's she has some clothes for me so you two figure out what the hells going on here and ill be back."

And without a backward glance I made my way to my truck and then to Rarity's where a reconstructed wardrobe based on the clothes I arrived in was waiting for me. When I arrived at Rarity's my annoyance must have been quite easy to spot since Rarity began to question me on it. Eventually getting me to tell her about my confusing morning, making her get a knowing smile on her face while she just chuckled and said I would find out soon enough. But after all that and getting my new clothes loaded I was informed the girls were having a picnic and I was invited. Without anything better to do I told Rarity I would love to join them just as soon as I got changed into some cleaner clothes, a sentiment she agreed with whole heartedly. When I got back to the library I discovered a note for me saying Twilight and Rainbow had went to there picnic and I could come if I wanted too. With a smile I threw on Rarity rendition of my southern wear complete with hat and custom duster. When I was content all was as it should be I went back outside and headed for sweet apple acres completely missing the panicking spike as he came running out the library clutching a scroll in his claw.

The picnic wasn't anything special just a little get together but was pleasant enough. Save Twilight kept glancing at me nervously looking as if she wanted to say something. But she never did get the chance for just as she made to start conversation. The sound of heavy panting and running feet could be heard. The source quickly being revealed to be Spike as he came running up to the group a scroll clutched in his claw. The same one he gave Twilight before falling over and gasping for breath as she read the letter out loud.

"Princess Celestia cordially invites you to the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and.... gasp.... my brother?"

"Ohh this is going to be so much fun." I thought as a wicked grin spread across my face. Content to let Twilight do her little song and dance before we all dispersed to make ready for the train ride later that day, or the drive as it were in my case.