• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 1,183 Views, 20 Comments

Travis won't die in the end - Blue dragon 116



An ancient evil awakens bent on blood shed, Spawned by the power of Nightmare Moon, follow a brony living his wildest dream could very well turn into his worst nightmare. Saving the world might take longer than you think but its worth it in the end.

  • ...
10
 20
 1,183

first day in paradise

With everything running like it should and the pedal to the metal we made good time to Ponyvile. And just as it appeared on the horizon I slowed and stopped earning a confused glance from Twilight as she began to look around.

"Why have we stopped?" She said looking all around and then at the dash in front of me. "Is there something wrong with your truck?" I chuckled as I leaned over across twilight and opened the glove compartment to retrieve two vital parts of my impromptu plan. The first being a pair of dark sunglasses just like the terminators the other being a cd case, which was quickly thrown open and a untitled disc thrown in the radio as we began to move again.

"no everything's is just fine Twilight." I said as we got closer to town and I put on the glasses, rolled down my window, and hit play on the radio trying to look bad ass before I looked at twilight and said.

"I've always wanted to do this." As we coasted into town the radio turned up loud causing all the ponies to stop and stare as we rolled through town square towards the library. Im sure it must have been quite the sight to see me sitting in the driver seat doing my best to make the terminator proud and Twilight sitting their her head in her hands blushing profusely, waving shyly at the ponies she knew. We pulled up next to the library just as the song ended, and ive never seen anybody, or pony get out of a vehicle that fast. I chuckled as I climbed out after Twilight to see her almost fall, giving me time to walk around to her and offer her a hand as she straitened out her purple shirt and dusted off her pants that had her cutie mark on the pockets, and say.

"Forgive me Twilight I didn't mean to frighten you, its been a long time since that truck has run this good I just couldn't help myself." Twilight took my hand and eyed my truck warily as she went around it and toward the front of the library saying.

"Don't worry about it Travis it will take time to become accustomed to that machine but no harm done." Twilight quickly opened the door and made her way inside with me following close behind, closing the door and taking a good look around. The library was relatively small with book shelves lining all the walls until they reached a single stair case leading upward. Nice place I thought to myself as I began to peruse the selection on the shelves finding everything from "magical theory's for dummies" to "Daring doo" amongst the myriad of well used books. So engrossed was I in my search I failed to notice Twilight trying to gain my attention until the book I was looking over was forcefully removed from my grasp, wrapped in a purple glow and put back in its place. Only then did I notice Twilight was standing halfway down the stairs motioning for me to follow as she turned and went back upstairs. Of course I quickly followed her up to what I assumed was her room considering it had a bed along one wall and table in the middle of the room. I looked around the room and couldn't find Twilight, that is until I heard a knocking sound from behind me, and when I saw what it was I face palmed hard. Right behind me was a sliding glass door leading to the balcony my truck was parked under with Twilight seated at a small table with a pen and note pad motioning for me to have a seat.

"Ok why do I feel like im about to get interrogated?" I said knowing I was more than likely going to have to explain more about myself and home.

"Oh its not a interrogation" Twilight said giggling "I simply want to know more about you and your world before my friends get here." I knew what she meant, for as soon as pinkie showed up there would be no time to talk with her and all her party planning. Of course then their was Rarity who would probably take one look at my outfit and call it a ghastly affront to fashion and insist on fixing if for me.

I had just gotten onto the topic of human history and was giving Twilight a very condensed version doing my best to avoid the war and blood shed as much as possible. Only to have Twilight the ever persistent historian hounding me for every detail, regretting it in many cases. Then there came a heavy rapping sound from underneath us causing Twilight to look over the balcony and sigh closing her notepad and get up saying.

"Prepare yourself" Before she disappeared down stairs, their was silence for a moment before many excited voices could be heard coming up the stairs. Deciding to stand and prepare myself I made my way to the edge of the balcony with my back to the stairs. The voices and clamoring grew louder and louder until the point a boastful voice could be heard saying.

"Well he better not be trouble, and what is that thing sitting outside the library?" Well that could only be one mare I thought to myself as the group made their way up the stairs and all the noise stopped. Their was a minute of silence as the girls grew accustomed to the strange sight before them and then I heard a very soft timid voice say.

"Is it safe, he wont hurt anypony will he?" When I heard this I couldn't help but laugh as I slowly turned around to face the new comers taking my hat off and saying.

"Why yes mam I am safe and I wont hurt anybody unless provoked." I stood their and awaited their reaction and got a good look at all the mane six and sadly the first thing I noticed was they were all well endowed. Rarity was in a elegant white button up shirt tucked into a sleek pair of black dress pants that accentuated her curves nicely with black high heels . Her hair curled and fell across her back, a single curl falling along her face accentuating her blue eyes giving her a high class appearance. With her tail swishing back and forth hypnotically behind her just as curled and maintained as her hair. Beside her stood Applejack in a simple white form fitting t-shirt with some worn blue jeans that showed the definition and power in her legs, with a pair of cowboy boots. Her blond hair kept in place by her trade mark Stetson as she looked at me eyes full of curiosity, her tail held together in a single ponytail by a red hair tie matching her hair. Along side her stood Fluttershy trying to hide behind her flowing pink hair, and looking out at me with one worry filled light blue eye. She wore a simple yellow sundress that made her look like a angel with her cutie mark going around the hem of the dress. One of her hands curling a strand of her tail around her finger nervously. Next was Rainbow Dash in a short white t shirt showing off her flat toned stomach and moderately large bust, in jean shorts and leather jacket with her cutie mark embroidered on the chest of it. Her tail about mid length cut in a tomboyish fashion like her hair. Twilight could be see giggling slightly behind the group for a reason I couldn't fathom. As her straight tail swished back and forth excitedly.

"So Twilight I thought you said you had five friends coming over I only count four?" I asked glancing around confused when the girls started giggling seeming to look behind me at something. Then I heard something move behind me and soft giggle, and against every instinct I had I turned around just in time to see a bouncing blur of pink coming right at me before I was knocked to the floor. well I found Pinkie I thought as I looked up into her glittering blue eyes so full of life, energy, and enthusiasm.

"Ohh are you new, Im Pinkie Pie who are you, I know Everypony in ponyvile and I don't know you, so that must mean your new and that means I need to throw you a welcome to ponyvile party. What's your favorite color, favorite kind of cake, favorite flavor of ice cream..... ohh and what are you?" Pinkie said speaking so fast I had a hard time keeping up but when she finished and took a breath I gently put my hands on her shoulders and said.

"If you would please let me get up ill tell you what you want to know deal?" Pinkie looked at me curiously for a second before shaking her head in a vigorous yes and getting off me allowing me to set up. I eyed Pinkie out of the corner of my eye she was in a simple t shirt and jeans ensemble with her cutie mark on the front of her shirt. Her hair and tail were absurdly poofy and curly almost defying gravity. And she had a full, healthy figure with curves in all the right places making me wonder how she maintained it with all the crazy antics im sure she gets into. until I realized this was Pinkie Pie I was thinking of and plus she worked at a bakery so that would probably explain her insane energy level.

I guess I sat on the floor to long because I was brought back to reality by the sound of footsteps coming closer and having Twilight kneeling in front of me with a worried look and rainbow dash could be heard saying.

"I think you may have broke him Pinkie." When I heard this I chuckled and shook my head to clear my mind.

"No nothing of that sort, I was just surprised is all" I said as I stood and stretched. "And to answer your questions miss Pie my name is Travis, I am new here, my favorite color is blue, I like any kind of cake, chocolate is my favorite flavor of ice cream, and I am a human." Their was a silence as Pinkie seemed to be thinking and then she rushed forward gave me a bone crushing hug and said.

"The party will be at SugarCube Corner at eight hope you like it." And she was off and out the room before I could even blink. I guess I had a odd look on my face, (of course given what just happened it was understandable) because all the girls began laughing uncontrollably leaning on each other for support.

"Ok now that's over with what next Twilight?" I said shaking my head reminding myself that I just had to accept pinkie for what she was. Their was another long bout of laughter followed by each of the ponies introducing themselves to me, and then starting conversations. Rarity quickly lost interest when she found out I knew absolutely nothing about fashion or what the clothes I was wearing was made of. Except the boots and I wasn't about to tell her that they were full quill ostrich skin boots. Fluttershy was still too scared of me to have a conversation, Rainbow Dash thought I was dull and Twilight was too busy observing my interactions with her friends to say anything so that left Applejack. Who was watching me with a curious eye as I sat back down at the outside table.

"So where you from there partner our accents sound pretty much the same?" Applejack said setting herself in the seat across from me.

"Well judging by your clothes I would venture a guess that your a farmer of sorts?" Applejack nodded yes with a proud smile.

"Well that explains it then, I came from a place where agriculture is a major part of the economy." I said matter of factly as I took off my hat and sat it on the table. "As a matter of fact machines similar to the one I have are major parts of agriculture. Seeing as they do most of the hauling and hard work around a farm or plantation." Applejack gave me a quizzical look and looked over the balcony at my truck then back at me and asked.

"What could something like that do it don't look like It could be used for my kind of work?"

I chuckled and shook my head as I looked at my truck as well.

"Well to be honest Applejack the machine I have was designed with mostly ease of transportation in mind, not necessarily hard labor though it has features that make it invaluable in farm work."

"Oh such as?" Applejack quipped looking down at my truck skeptically earning another chuckle from me.

"Well the back is capable of having large quantities stored and tied down for transport." I said pointing to the bed and then moving on. "And its power source provides enough power to move the cargo not only over great distances but quickly as well. Hell that vehicle could move more freight than most any creature alive be it man or pony."

"Ya really think so?" Applejack giving me a challenging stare, one I gladly returned and said.

"Fair Applejack I don't think so I know so, that vehicle could move more, faster than any man or pony using old fashion muscle." The room around us quickly became silent as if I said something horrible and the other girls waited to see what would happen next.

"I bet my brother could move more crates and do it faster than that contraption of yours any day." Applejack said proudly calling me out, earning a hearty laugh from me as I said.

"Girl name the time and place, and my truck and I will leave your brother in the dust." Applejacks eyes narrowed dangerously and all the girls behind me gasped in shock and Applejack said.

"How about at Sweet Apple Acres today, right now my brother versus your contraption." Thrusting her hand forward to seal the deal.

"Deal and if I win I get a crate of your apples." I said smiling smugly as I shook her hand, staring her in the eye completely confident in my ability to win.

"And ill tell ya what I want when I win, be at the farm in thirty minutes or you forfeit." Applejack said as she brushed past me and the girls making her way out and towards the farm on the horizon. There was a long silence after Applejack left before Twilight stepped forward and said.

"You do know that not only is Applejack's brother Big Mac the strongest pony in Ponyvile, but he has been working that farm all his life?"

I slowly turned to face Twilight picking up my hat and putting it back on saying

" And did you know that my truck has the power of approximately three hundred horses?" Twilights mouth dropped wide open and began to stutter in confusion making me laugh.

"And that my dear Twilight is the majesty of mans ingenuity." I said as I headed downstairs heading for my truck the girls following closely behind. And then stopping when I climbed in the truck.

"Well are you coming or are you going to walk?" I said as I started the truck, and the roar of the motor startled everypony save Twilight.

"A..are you sure we will all fit?" Fluttershy squeaked moving closer to be heard over the motor.

"Well two of you can fit in the cab." I said patting the seat beside me. " But the rest of you will have to climb in the bed." The girls all looked first at me and my truck then at Twilight who had a apprehensive look but she climbed in the cab anyway, scooting close so Rarity could squeeze in beside her. With them in I looked over to find Rainbow and Fluttershy weren't standing beside the truck anymore, but were instead lounging around the bed, or clinging to the roll bar in Fluttershy's case. I slipped the truck in gear and with a little help from Twilight and Rarity made my way to Sweet Apple Acres. The scene before me was breath taking, their were apple trees as far as the eye could see all surrounding a large barn and farm house. All set against a beautiful blue sky that never seemed to end and a gentle breeze blowing. As we came closer to the barn two stacks of ten crates could be seen with Applejack leaning on them waiting for us. I quickly backed up to a stack and everyone climbed out and gathered around Applejack.

"Well I was beginin to wonder if you was guna come Travis." Applejack said with a grin earning a chuckle from me as I dropped the tail gate and said.

"What and miss the look on your face when I win this? No I wouldn't miss that for the world Applejack, besides I had to make sure the rest of the girls came along to witness this." I walked up to Applejack and shook her hand and began to look around.

"So where is your brother?" I asked looking around only to stop and have my jaw drop when I glimpsed in the barn. Inside Big Mac could be see throwing hay bales around like they were nothing, before he dusted his hands and came this way. And when he came outside proper I could see every inch of his body was pure muscles that rippled and flowed beneath his red fur. I gulped when he came to stand before me a friendly smile on his face saying.

"you must be the one sis has been tellin me all about."

"I hope its nothing bad" I said holding out my hand, which he quickly took and shook it firmly.

"Nope" was all he said to that as he walked past me with another smile and stood beside Applejack. I stood opposite Big Mac behind my truck as Applejack stood between us and said.

"This competition will be simple, whoever moves all their crates across the line over yonder." Pointing to a banner erected in front of the farm house. "Wins"

"Well that sounds simple enough, when do we begin?" I said cracking my knuckles and stretching a bit in preparation. Applejack smirked and looked between her brother and myself and said.

"Ready, set, go"

And just like that Big Mac grabbed two crates put them on his shoulders and began walking to the finish like it was nothing. My jaw dropped and I had to hustle to try and catch up only to almost break my back trying to lift the first crate. In the end it all came down to the last load, Big Mac was halfway to the finish line when I finally got the last crate into the truck. In a mad rush I ran for the cab and threw the truck in gear and floored it. The engine roared startling all the ponies even Big Mac who stumbled and almost fell. For a insanely long second nothing happened as the tires spun and threw dirt and gravel all over before finally gaining traction and shooting forward like a rocket. Time seemed to slow as I caught up with the now running Big Mac just as he crossed the finish line and undoubtedly winning. Only to leave him coughing in a cloud of dust as I hit the brakes and spun around coming to a stop before a smirking Applejack. With a defeated sigh I killed the motor and climbed out in time for Big Mac to come jogging up his eyes wide and mouth agape.

"Well Applejack a deals a deal your brother won this round what do you want as your prize?" I said doing my best to keep my disappoint out of my voice and off my face. There was a long silence as Applejack thought before her eyes lit up and a mischievous grin spread across her face.

"Well you were true to your word there Travis that vehicle of yours did move more at once and much faster than by hand." Applejack said with my unease and apprehension growing with every word. "And since I won this bet I would like to learn to operate this contraption and use it on the farm from time to time." And there it was the words I hoped she wouldn't say.

"Before I teach you Applejack there are some things you need to know first." I said as I opened the door and climbed back inside motioning Applejack over.

"The first being this is not a toy, this truck could easily kill someone if not taken seriously." As I spoke Applejack got a solemn look and nodded showing she understood "The second thing being after all the runnin ive done with this thing there is probably only enough fuel left to last until the day after tomorrow if used sparingly." I said pointing to the gas gage and watching Applejack to make sure she understood. She leaned in closer to inspect the gauge and her face scrunched up in confusion.

"Travis what does the F and E stand for on this thing?"

"F stand for full and E stands for empty, these tell you how much fuel is left in the tank, as of right now it should be somewhere around the half way mark." I said figuring in my head based on the past.

"But the needle is pointing to Full does that mean its broken?" Applejack said making me double take and glare at the gauge in confusion. I really hope that gauge isn't broken I thought to myself as I slid out of the cab and crawled under the truck to inspect the tanks. When their was no obvious sign of tampering or leaking I crawled back out to find all the ponies gathered around my feet with curious looks on their faces. In a spark of genius I began digging around in the cab until I found a discarded shoe lace, and then picked up a rock off the ground tying one end of the lace around it. After I finished my redneck depth tester I went to the gas tank pulled off the cap and slid the stone in and let it sink until it hit the bottom of the tank. Then I quickly pulled it back out to show almost the whole string dripping and reeking of gasoline. Well the gauge isn't broken I thought as I scratched my head in confusion before I was brought back from my thoughts by Twilight saying.

"Is everything all right Travis?"

"Hm.... oh yes Twilight im sorry, yes everything is fine." I said still racking my brain to completely understand what was going on. Sure working like new in Equestria as if by magic was believable but to have a unlimited fuel source as well?

"Now im not one to look a gift horse in the mouth." I said shaking my head and turning to face Twilight. "But is their any way you could check my truck for enchantments or anything else?" Twilight gave me a puzzled look but nodded yes as her horn lit up with my truck doing the same shortly after. Then the glow disappeared and her horn stopped glowing.

"Well?"

"Their is a strange residual magic surrounding your truck Travis." She said matter of factly. " It could be left over from your trip here and wear of eventually or it could become permanent only time will tell."

"Well then.... I hope its permanent otherwise this thing will be a lawn decoration after a while." I said throwing the string in the bed and climbing in on the passenger side motioning Applejack in on the other side. The rest of the after noon was spent teaching both Applejack and Big Mac how to drive my truck. And come time for the party both could drive around Sweet Apple Acres blindfolded, though I wasn't about to let them try. After a small squabble involving who was going to drive and who was going to ride where. We all climbed in and headed towards town with those of us in the cab idly chatting, and those in the bed lounging around at ease.

In no time at all we made it to Sugar Cube Corner and everyone climbed out and bolted for the door. Leaving a very confused me still sitting in the cab and staring after them as I killed the motor and locked the doors. As I approached Sugar Cube Corner not a sound could be heard from inside nor a single light be seen within. And as soon as I touched the door it swung open of its own accord. Inside was completely black save where the fading afternoon light fell from the open door. I took one tentative step inside just past the door and it swung shut behind me with a resounding thud making me jump and yelp in surprise. When my heart stopped racing and drowning out all other sounds I could faintly hear what sounded like giggling. And I began to peer into the darkness and I could just barely make out the outline of someone when my senses were assaulted on three fronts. I was blinded as the lights were turned on and all the ponies gathered yelled a thunderous.

"Surprise."

Then when my ears had just stopped ringing and my sight began to return their was a loud boom and I was struck by what felt like paper and fell back. And their I remained watching confetti fall until Pinkie Pie came forward pulling me to my feet and began to introduce me to all the ponies that were there. Asking me if I was surprised, which I was beyond surprised.

And with a little time to adjust and a few glasses of Applejacks famous apple cider I was enjoying the party along with everyone else. And it was great almost all of ponyvile was present and the local dj was spinning the tunes, they really weren't my style but it was great non the less. The night was winding down and nearing its end most of the girls were more than a little buzzed save for Twilight, who was sitting at a small window table discussing my home a little more. When two drunk pegasus stallions came stumbling through the crowd towards us making Twilight sigh in annoyance and shake her head. The first of the two was a dark brown color with silver hair and tail, and a dumb bell for a cutie mark. The other was a tan color with brown hair and three basketballs for his cutie mark, and both looked like they were up to no good.

"So this is the thing every pony has been talking about huh?" The brown one said his words slurred as he gazed at me through glazed eyes. Twilight was about to say something until I caught her attention, and motioned for her to keep quite as I ignored the two fools beside us. Needless to say they didn't like being ignored, if their continued insults and threats were any indication but I paid them little head. That is until I was about to ask Twilight something and her eyes went wide and I was almost knocked out of my chair as. I saw a tan fist strike my face and then pull back, a drunken voice could be heard saying.

"Hey freak were talkin to you, you should learn your place and listen." Their was a long silence as if the party around us had actually stopped as I stared at Twilight her face morphing from shock, to outrage. Her horn began to glow and she was about to do something in retaliation until I asked.

"Dear Twilight pray tell, what are Equestria's laws on self defense?" Completely caught off guard by my question Twilight stared at me baffled and her horn stopped glowing. She just opened her mouth to speak when I was struck again, this time actually falling out of my chair. Twilight jumped from her seat and came around only to stop dead at the sight of me. I was on the floor laughing hysterically with blood running down my head and from a split lip.

"Is that truly the best you can do?" I said laughing still and hauling myself to my feet. "Surely you can do better than that boys, come on hit me with your best shot." I motioned them forward with my hands and they gave each other a confused look before shrugging and advancing on me.

"Now just hold on one second their boys I believe their is something you should know." I said holding my hands up making them halt in confusion as a wicked grin spread across my face. "You should know that where I come from people are killed on a daily basis for far less than what you have done to me. So tell me do you want to fight something from such a cruel world?" Their was a loud collective gasp from all the ponies around me and the two stallions looked like they were beginning to rethink their plan. But just to make sure they got the point I shot forward and in their faces making them jump back as I said.

"What im really askin you is if your feeling lucky punks, well are you?" Both of their faces blanched and they turned tail and ran disappearing out the door in a flash. I watched the door for a few second before returning to my seat only to realize the party had indeed stopped, and all the ponies were staring at me with a little fear in their eyes. I let out a tired sigh and heaved myself from my seat and made my way to the door the crowd parting as I went. Just as I reached the door and was about to leave I felt something tugging on my pants leg and when I looked down I saw a little filly that could only be Sweetie bell. Her sister pushing her way to the front of the crowd as I knelt down to Sweeties level.

"I... is it true what you said earlier..... about where you come from?" she said eyes full of fear but calm and polite non the less. I grinned sadly as her sister came forward and grabbed Sweetie by the shoulders holding her close as I stood and said.

"Sadly enough little one it is indeed true. My home is a beautiful and deadly place, and man is a cruel fical creature at times." Their was another pause as the little one thought over what I said and stepped forward brushing off her sisters hands to stand tall before me and said.

"What about you, have you ever killed anypony?"

"were I come from little one their is a saying I am a lover not a fighter, but I will fight for what I love what do you think that means little one?" Sweetiebell's face scrunched in thought and all was silent, during this time I looked around at the other ponies. A few had less fear in their eyes like Twilight, but most of them were still afraid of me.

"It means you haven't killed anypony but you will of necessary right?" Sweetie said looking up at me hopefully.

"Indeed it does little one, indeed it does I hope I never have to take the life of another. But should the need ever arise I will do what is necessary." With that said I waved little Sweetiebell goodbye and went outside only to stop dead as the sound of breaking glass filled the night air. To my horror the Two stallions from before had worked up the nerve to get back at me and were taking it out on my truck. The drivers side window was knocked out and the body was all sorts of dented and damaged. Quickly and quietly I walked forward and grabbed the brown stallion by the back of his head and slammed his face into the side of the cab letting his unconscious body slide to the ground. His friend started to come around as I reached inside the truck grabbed my shotgun and chambered one round and pointed the gun at him. Making him pause in confusion as I quickly pointed upward and pulled the trigger, the sound louder than thunder in the still of night making the stallion jump, turn and run. Only to run face first into the side of the building knocking himself out cold. I ejected the spent shell and chambered a new one before lay the gun back in the truck and began to move the pony at my feet towards his friend. Just as I leaned down and grabbed him by the feet their was a sharp gasp and blinding flash of purple. And when my vision cleared Twilight was on her knees beside the stallion checking to see if he was alive and glaring at me when she found out he was alive. I just huffed and pulled him over and left him by his friend and brushing past Twilight as she yelled.

"What did you do to them, what was that loud boom, why did you do this?"

"I was defending my own you damned fool, their lucky it was me and not any one of the other ninety percent of humanity. Because they would be in a hell of a lot worse shape if not dead." I yelled whirling around and motioning to the damage done to my truck. There was a silence as Twilight looked at my truck then me, and the two unconscious fools shock, and dismay plastered on her face as she said.

"Im sorry Travis I didn't know......."

"That's right you didn't" I yelled cutting her off and climbing in the truck. "you think that I am a monster just because of one thing I said. And yes it was true and your damned lucky im one of the few who arnt that bad." Twilight tried to apologies, but her voice was drowned out by the roar of the motor as I started it and peeled off into the night. Finally stopping on the outskirts of town by a little river to sleep. I quickly killed the motor and lay down in the seat staring at the moon and the starry sky as I drifted off to sleep. And just as I fell asleep I could have swore I saw a figure glide past the moon, heading for ponyvile.