• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 1,183 Views, 20 Comments

Travis won't die in the end - Blue dragon 116



An ancient evil awakens bent on blood shed, Spawned by the power of Nightmare Moon, follow a brony living his wildest dream could very well turn into his worst nightmare. Saving the world might take longer than you think but its worth it in the end.

  • ...
10
 20
 1,183

The perfect day

Sleep did not come easily to me that night, thanks to my anger wound mind and body. But when it did finally claim me I found myself once more in the dinning hall. The scene playing over and over as I searched for something I missed in the short conversation between Rarity and I. Only serving to increase my anger but at myself rather that at Rarity, her reaction was to be expected. Where as mine was understandable all the same but the things I said were inexcusable and hateful. And the scene continued to play on repeat as if to torture myself with my fuck ups. But then around the twentieth time the scene replayed itself I noticed a dark figure standing by the wall directly behind Rarity. A figure I knew for a fact wasn't there in the dinning hall. My brow scrunched in confusion, but understanding dawned on me when a pair of solid white eyes blinked into existence on the shadow.

"So tell me Luna." I said the scene around me dissolving leaving only Luna and myself in a endless white room. "What is it you hoped to find in my memories. What could you possibly gain from this little show that you couldn't learn by simply asking me?

Luna's face was one of shock and surprise, until she hid everything behind a calm mask and said.

"How did you do that, not many ponies have such control over their dreams."

"We are in my head Luna it makes sense that I could control what happens here. You still haven't answered my question."I said.

"I wanted to see things from you perspective Travis. I wanted to understand your anger as you felt it."

"And did you learn anything useful? I said a slight frown appearing on Luna's features.

"No I just felt endless pain and rage buried deep in your soul when you lashed out at Rarity." She said frowning her eyes full of concern. " Why is that Travis you are much to young to be so full of pain?"

I sighed heavily and began to rub my eyes while Luna began to move closer pulling me into a tight embrace.

"That is a story for another time, and something I had hopped to keep at bay." I said stepping back and giving Luna a tired smile. "For now all I ask is that you keep this between us for now. Right now all I need is a friend to listen, and a shoulder to cry on if need be."

Luna kept her puzzled frown but nodded in agreement, earning a warm smile from me in return. Then she smiled and began to fade from view. Leaving me to my thoughts for what ever remained of the night,

Morning came all to quickly, with the suns rays somehow finding there way past the curtains and into my eyes. Forcing me to roll over and grumble blinking rapidly to try and rid myself of the damned spots in my vision. Almost missing the door closing behind someone their black body a blur behind the spots. When my vision finally cleared I found quite the surprise waiting for me halfway across the room. For what to my wondering eye should appear, but a changeling in a maids outfit doing her best to hide a rope behind her back.

"You know a blind man could see the rope behind you back." I said groaning as I sat up in the bed. "Never mind the fact I can see through whatever disguise your currently wearing changeling."

Said changeling stopped her eyes wide with shock while her hands fell to her sides as she stared at me dumbfounded. For a long second nothing happened as we simply stared at one another. That is until the changeling seemed to find her wit, and she began to creep towards me a wicked grin on her face.

"Are you seriously going to do this? " I said reaching for my gun, which had somehow found its way to the floor in the night. And the out of habit pumped the action chambering a round and setting it across my lap, laughing at the changelings expression.

"It would seem a shotgun being pumped is a inter dimensional cause for alarm." I said chuckling to myself, all the mirth leaving my tone as I continued to speak. "Now you have two options before you changeling. First you can step aside and there will no be bad blood between us. Or you can try and continue whatever convoluted mission your queen has sent you on, resulting in one of us getting hurt. So tell me what will it be?"

Another long second passed while the changeling looked between the rope coiled in her hands and me. Meanwhile I did my best to make myself look as intimidating as possible. But it didn't seem to work if the devilish smirk that crept its way onto the changelings face was any indication.

"I think ill take my chances." She said while she began to advance on me once again. I simply did my best to sit still and guess what her plan of attack would be. My best bet would be she would try and use the rope first and then her magic if that didn't work. But I was quickly proven wrong when her horn began to glow and a beam of green energy was shot at me. It was pure instinct that saved me as my fight or flight kicked in, flight obviously winning out as I barely dodged the beam of magic. Said beam striking the spot where I was but a moment ago, wrapping the entire bed in bands of green electricity. A growl of frustration escaped my lips as I glanced at the electrified bed.

"It would seem we are to do things the hard way." I said dodging yet another bolt of magic, putting myself dangerously close to the changeling and her rope. "So be it."

As those last words were said, I shot forward at the changeling my fist drawing back while her horn began to glow once more. And all to late I realized it wouldn't get to her in time, and I wouldn't be able to dodge this one even if I wanted to. And the changeling seemed to see this as well since a triumphant smirk spread across her lips. And her magic shot out and struck me square in the chest, immediately bathing my body in arcs of electric pain. But to both the changelings shock and my own it didn't stop me, it didn't even slow me down. Just as I had intended I got within range and delivered a punishing punch straight to the changelings jaw. Easily knocking her off her feet and into a nearby wall, only to slump to the floor unconscious.

"Well that was much easier than I expected." I said my body trembling from the adrenaline rush. With a sigh I picked the changeling up and placed her on the bed carefully, picking up my gun before making my way out the door.

"I have a wedding to crash I cant miss out on that." I said as I made my way down the deserted hall whistling a cheery tune.

After a couple of minutes of wondering down oddly empty halls, I finally found the hall in which the wedding was to be held. And it would seem I found it just in time too. Celestia could be heard saying "Should anypony have a reason these two should not be wed speak now or forever hold your peace" on the other side of the door. With a devilish grin I kicked the door open, pumped a round out of my shotgun and yelled at the top of my lungs.

"I object."

The reactions of the ponies around me were priceless. Every pony either dove,jumped or outright ran in shock, only looking behind them when they found some form of 'cover'. Where as the rest of the congregation just stared at me dumbly their mouths hanging open. My smile died rather quickly though when I looked towards the alter and caught sight of the 'happy couple'. Chrysalis stood out like a sore thumb. Her black chitinous body and pale blue mane and tail contrasting horribly with the white of 'her' dress. Where as Shining was completely oblivious to everything around him, a dopey smile on his face while his eyes faintly glowed green.

"Travis what is the meaning of this?" Celestia said stepping forward and glaring at me. Her only answer was my dark hollow laughter echoing through out the hall.

"Why Celestia im the wrong person to ask." I said my tone just as dark as my laugh with a insane grin on my face. "Why not ask that thing pretending to be you niece?"

"Thing?" Celestia mouthed in confusion looking between Chrysalis and I in confusion while Chrysalis glared at me.

"Ohh for Christs sake Celestia." I screamed in exasperation. "Its not that hard to figure out, I see it as plain as day behind you. That's not Cadence, that's......."


"Stop!!!" Someone yelled behind me as the sound of the doors being thrown open echoed once more through out the hall. Surprised I spun around mid rant, any thoughts of rebuttal dying when I saw who it was who shouted. There in the door way all haggard and worn stood the real Cadence, Twilight standing just behind her.

"That monster is not real, its not me. That monster is a changeling." Cadence continued, seeming to completely miss the fact I was pretty much right in front of her. Only to stop as bone chilling laughter filled the room.

"Well isn't this quite the turn of events." Chrysalis said her body disappearing in green flames, only serving to burn the dress off. Though the collective gasp of terror that filled the room reminded me, not everyone could see through her disguise like I apparently could.

"Not only does the beaten princess of love think she can beat me. But so does the only human to step foot in Equestria in over a thousand years. You two fools couldn't even hope to face me and survive much less win."

"They may not be able to but I can." Celestia said her horn glowing as she took to the air. "And now that you have so foolishly revealed yourself I can put a end to your charade."

And with a explosive boom and blinding light, Celestia's and Chrysalis's magic collided. And at first it seemed Celestia would come out the victor. But to no surprise to me, Chrysalis pushed on her magic pushing Celestia's magic all the way back to her. Where a massive explosion of magic and light filled the room fading to reveal a defeated Celestia lying unconscious at Chrysalis feet.

"Now that is out of the way what to do with the rest of you?" Chrysalis said chuckling darkly. The only response was the terrified screams of all the gathered ponies. While the magic barrier outside finally fell letting the swarm in. Twilight and the girls swarmed to Celestia's side. Words were spoken and all the girls nodded in agreement and made for the door. Brushing past me with mixed expressions on their faces. That is until they all screamed in unison and flew back in the direction they came wrapped in a green aura.

"And just where do you think your going?" Chrysalis said her horn and eyes flashing green while all the girls fell limp. "Put these fools with the rest."

With that said six changelings materialized out of the shadows and took the girls. And drug them into the air, the changelings horns began to glow green and all the girls were wrapped in cocoons hanging from the ceiling alongside Celestia.

"Now what to do with you?" Chrysalis said chuckling as she calmly walked towards me. The congregation that gathered to watch this supposed joyous event having long since fled the scene.

"Should I keep you alive as a slave to toil away the rest of yours days doing whatever strikes my fancy?" She continued a confidant smirk on her face. "Or maybe you could become my consort or even my king and rule along beside me. You would be the most powerful man in all of equestria."

"Not to mention the only man so far." I mumbled darkly, silently rooting for Cadence who had made herself scare. Only to reappear now when it was only we three in the room. Doing her best to make her way to her brainwashed husband to be. But it would seem my eyes flickered one too many time over Chrysalis's shoulder. Making her turn around and quickly grip Cadence in her magical grip.

"While your efforts are applaud-able princess they are in vain..." Chrysalis began a sneer on her face only to stop mid sentence and stand stone still her eyes wide in shock.

"You know I read in a book somewhere that a unicorns horn is extremely sensitive, to point of almost being a erogenous zone." I said my hand wrapped around Chrysalis's horn gripping it firmly. "I wonder if the same could be said for you my little succubus?"

Chrysalis's back became almost painfully straight and a small moan escaped her lips when I squeezed her horn and stroked it slightly, as if to answer my own question. I kept this up watching as the field that contained Cadence began to waiver and weaken, while sparks began to fly from Chrysalis's horn. And then finally after I was beginning to feel uncomfortable and begin to have second thoughts. The field around Cadence faded away, a wicked grin spreading across my face while she made a mad dash for her lover.

"You know Chrysie I don't know whats more insulting." I growled into her ear menacingly, while my grip tightened on her horn. And I used it for leverage to pull her head to a painful angle. "The fact you thought I would turn my back on these ponies because of one little misunderstanding, which may I remind you pails in comparison to the squabble Luna and I had. But not only that you thought the promise of power and wealth would be enough to sway me into enslaving an entire country."

Chrysalis's only response was a pained whimper as tears streamed down her cheeks. I brought my other hand under her chin and forced her to look at me. Her eyes swimming in pain and tears. I shook my head reproachfully smiling sadistically, savagely cracking her skull with my own right between her eyes. Making my world swim in pain and nausea, but I was reworded with the sweet sound of something hitting the floor with a groan. With a groan of my own I began to stumble drunkenly towards Cadence and the alter, dropping my gun somewhere between point a and point b. I finally reached the two ponies just as my vision cleared in time to see Cadence look at me fearfully. And then all the color left her face, a painfully loud shriek from behind being all the answer I needed. I spun around only to see a raging Chrysalis her horn glowing and hands held up, while the air above her crackled with arcane fire. And then with another shriek she sent the rolling wall of flames flying at me, my arms shooting up to cover my face in a futile attempt to provide some protection. I could hear Cadence gasp behind me and began to plead with Shinning to wake up and save her.

But everything after that was drowned out by a loud boom, as if something had smacked head on into a wall. And then after a few seconds of feeling slightly warm, as if I were just a little to close to a camp fire. I cracked an eyebrow to see a wall of blue flames roaring in front of me. Chrysalis's own flames could be seen slamming against the wall like the ocean would do to a cliff. And as if that wasn't surprise enough, the same flames that stood between me and utter destruction were dancing lightly across my hands.

"H...ho... how did you do that?" I hear behind me snapping me out of my revere. I glanced back to see Cadence starring at me in awe.

"I don't know." I groaned a sudden wave of exhaustion hitting me, and growing worse by the second. "But you better wake him up fast I don't think I can hold this for much longer." And as if too prove my point the blue flames began to slowly recede from the walls allowing flickers of green flame past. The seconds ticked by with the flames that protected us getting smaller and small, and shinning still showed no sign of waking. But finally when the blue flames had all but vanished Shinning groaned behind me and the glow in his eyes vanished. There was a exclamation of pure joy as Cadence pounced on her lover hugging him tightly as she nuzzled him.

"Sorry to ruin the moment." I said watching the two over my shoulder. " But could you please do something, anything at this point would be helpful."

And as if to prove my point the flames protecting us flickered out while I fell to my knees utterly exhausted. My vision swam once more a glowing black figure approaching me, no doubt it was Chrysalis coming to finish me off. But just when she reached me and I could almost make out here scowling face. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and my world was flooded with pink.

When it all finally faded I found myself on my back unsure of how I got there. Time seeming to move at a glaciers pace, as a single shadow fell over me many more could be seen behind the first.

Smiling like a loon to myself, I thought about how I had conjured those blue flames much less held them that long. The last coherent thought that crossed my mind made me chuckle weekly and mumble before every thing faded to black.

"And then everything changed when the fire nation attacked."