• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 8,818 Views, 1,275 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition - SuperPinkBrony12



A fic where show canon stallions become the Elements of Harmony bearers. Shining Armor is sent to Ponyville per the request of Princess Celestia, and is tasked with making friends. This changes Shining Armor's life forever.

  • ...
32
 1,275
 8,818

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38: Award Ceremony

The news of Discord's defeat, and the restoration of Equestria to the way it had been, spread like wildfire. In towns and cities all over the map, ponies cheered and celebrated. Parties were being thrown left and right. It was as if though Equestria had just won a major war. And in a way, perhaps it had. For harmony had trimuphed over chaos, and all was right with the world.

But nopony was more happy than Princess Celestia, who was pleased to know that once again Shining Armor and his friends had prevailed against evil. As a way of saying thank you, she arranged for an award ceremony to take place in Canterlot, so she could publicly thank Equestria's newest heros.

Shining Armor and his friends were happy to accept, even though Pinkie Pie was arranging quite the hero party in Ponyville. Mayor Mare herself had already gone on record to state how happy she was to be back in control after Discord had booted her out of town hall and taken over completely.

Even the simple train ride to Canterlot was a celebration. All along the way ponies lined the tracks, holding banners, waving flags, and singing the praises of the six stallions who had twice saved Equestria from a major threat. Cries of "Hooray for Shining Armor!", "Yeehah for Big Macintosh and Braeburn!", "Three cheers for Fancy Pants!", "You're the greatest Thunderlane!", and "We love you Soarin!", could be heard for miles and miles.

When the award ceremony took place, friends and family of the six heroes mixed in with complete strangers rich and poor alike.

"Mares and gentlestallions, colts and fillies of all ages." Princess Celestia spoke up, an awed hush coming over the crowd "As princess of Equestria, it is with great pleasure that I present to you now, your heros, The Stallion Six!"

Shining Armor and his friends entered the throne room, and as they walked up to Princess Celestia, the crowd went wild. They clapped and cheered as loud as they could, and the noise echoed everywhere.

When the six stallions reached her, Princess Celestia smiled, and using her magic, she unveiled a brand new glass window display. This one showed Shining Armor and his friends wielding The Elements of Harmony to turn Discord to stone once again. The audience errupted into thunderous cheers, and everyone was happy.

"Boy, that was some ceremony." Braeburn commented, when the ceremony had ended.

"Yeah, well we've still got a doozie of a hero party to look forward to when we get home." Soarin replied.

"I'm just glad that everything's back to normal." Thunderlane admitted.

"So am I." Fancy Pants nodded.

"Me too. Hopefully, things will stay quiet for a little longer this time." Big Macintosh stated.

"Hey, Shining Armor! You coming or what?!" Braeburn called.

"I'll be there in a minute. You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up." Shining Armor encouraged.

"Okay, well don't take too long. The train's leaving in half an hour." Braeburn replied, and he and the other stallions raced away.

Shining Armor and Princess Celestia were all alone in the throne room. Princess Celestia could see that Shining Armor was a bit uneasy. "What's wrong Shining Armor? You seem troubled." Princess Celestia said kindly.

"It's just, Discord didn't get turned back to stone instanteously." Shining Armor explained "And just before he was completely turned to stone, he said he'd be back. And I can't help but think, what if he's right? Do you think we've seen the last of him?"

Princess Celestia was silent for a moment, and said nothing. After some deep thinking she said with a sigh "I would like to believe that Shining Armor, really I would. But I thought for sure that when Luna and I first turned him to stone, Discord would never break free. And yet he did. So, as much as I want to say that he will never return, somehow I have a sinking feeling that Discord wasn't making idle threats. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, he WILL return."

"If that's true, then what can we do?" Shining Armor asked.

"You just leave that to Luna and I." Princess Celestia replied "For now, you should go back to your friends and just relax. You've earned this victory, and you should enjoy it."

Shining Armor sighed "Very well, if that's what you wish." and he raced away.

When she was certain noone was around, Princess Celestia's mood changed. "I'll be ready for you next time Discord." she said sternly, as she looked at Discord's statue. "You won't have the element of surprise to help you when you next escape. I'll personally see to that."

"Oh Celestia, I assure you I'm not finished just yet." Discord thought to himself, inside his stone prison "I still have a little surprise in store for your so called captain, just you wait and see."

PreviousChapters Next