• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 8,781 Views, 1,275 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition - SuperPinkBrony12



A fic where show canon stallions become the Elements of Harmony bearers. Shining Armor is sent to Ponyville per the request of Princess Celestia, and is tasked with making friends. This changes Shining Armor's life forever.

  • ...
32
 1,275
 8,781

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Confession

Nightmare Moon continued to stand on the platform. Laughing and chuckling enormously, clearly she was enjoying herself. The same couldn't be said for everypony else however, their reactions ranged from confusion to anger.

At last Mayor Mare lost patience. "Guards! Seize this would be tyrant at once! Show her what happens to those who dare conspire against the harmony of Equestria!" she ordered. The guards, including Shining Armor, sprang into action. They raced forward at once, Shining Armor even had his horn charged up and ready. "I'll stop her if it's the last thing I do!" he thought to himself.

As he drew closer however he began to notice something. Nightmare Moon made no efforts to try and stop her attackers, in fact she seemed unaware of their prescence. But one look at her face told Shining Armor everything he needed to know. "She WANTS us to attack her!" Shining Armor thought to himself "It's a trap! And we're charging right into it!" He skidded to a halt. "Wait a minute guys!" he shouted.

But it was too late. Nightmare Moon's chance had come. "Stay back foals or be destroyed!" she shouted, her eyes glowing bright white. The guards finally stopped right in their tracks, but one by one they were swated away by a gaint bolt of lightning, courtesy of Nightmare Moon.

This made Shining Armor cross. He began to charge up his horn once again as Nightmare Moon turned into the blue mist that had announced her arrival. Before Nightmare Moon could escape Shining Armor fired off the most powerful blast of offensive magic he could muster against her.

The blast hit its mark with no trouble at all, but it didn't seem to stop Nightmare Moon. In fact it only seemed to make her even angrier. Before Shining Armor had a chance to respond he found himself staring straight at the wicked mare, and she did not look happy. "You insolent little pest! How dare you strike me! You think you have the power to stop me?!" Nightmare Moon bellowed "Just for that you shall be the first to get a taste of my powers! Perhaps then you'll have a better idea of who you're dealing with!" She struck Shining Armor hard on the side with her magic, Shining Armor winced in pain and collapsed onto the ground. "Let that serve as an example for all of you." Nightmare Moon said coldly "Anyone who dares to stand against me will be crushed! No exceptions! So stay out of my way, or else!" And with that she was gone. The Summer Sun Celebration was called off soon afterward. Couldn't have a celebration without the sun.

"Are you alright Shining Armor?" Fancy Pants asked as he helped Shining Armor to his hooves. "That was some blast you took."

"I'll be fine." Shining Armor said, his legs still threatening to give way at any moment. "Come on Spike. let's go!"

"Go where?" Spike asked.

"To do some research." Shining Armor explained. He proceeded to lift Spike onto his back and took off running, he didn't care how much attention he attracted to himself.

In fact he was so focused on his new goal that he failed to notice a certain pegasus stallion watching him from above. "Where does he think he's going?!" Soarin asked.

"Huh...wha..Nightmare Moon is back! We gotta..." Spike said. He had fallen asleep on the way back to the Ponyville Golden Oaks library, and sure enough he fell back asleep a moment after waking with a start. Twilight carefully placed him into his basket and tucked him in.

"You need your rest Spike." she said gently "You are a baby dragon after all." She then turned to Shining Armor "Thanks for bringing him back here. I was beginning to worry about him, and you as well." she said.

"Well I'm still in one piece aren't I?" Shining Armor said.

"Yes. But just barely, Nightmare Moon wasn't fooling around." Twilight said and promptly healed Shining Armor with her magic. "What are you going to do now?"

"What I should've done hours ago!" Shining Armor said "I'm going to do some research on Nightmare Moon. It's the only way she can be stopped." Just then there was a knock at the door.

"You go get it." Twilight said "I know this library better then you do and can probably find the information you're looking for."

Shining Armor couldn't argue with that. He quickly but carefully made his way downstairs and opened the door. "Yes?" he asked. Everything happend at once, a cyan blur appeared in Shining Armor's vision and tackled him, the next thing he knew he was laying on the floor with a very angry Soarin looking down at him.

"Okay pal!" Soarin hissed "You and I are going to have a little talk!"

"What do you mean?" Shining Armor asked.

"Hey, I'll ask the questions around here if you don't mind!" Soarin snapped "Now talk! Tell me how you know so much about Nightmare Moon, and how you're the only one who could actually hurt her!"

"I can't tell you that!" Shining Armor said "It's top secret!"

"Oh yeah?! Well I ain't buying it!" Soarin said angrily "You're going to tell me everything you know about Nightmare Moon and you're going to tell me now!"

"I already told you I can't tell you anything!" Shining Armor said "I'm sorry, trust me when I say I wouldn't hide this from you if I had any other choice."

"I'll bet I know why you're so afraid to tell the truth!" Soarin said "The truth is, you're a spy!"

"What?!" Shining Armor asked.

"You heard me! You've been in league with Nightmare Moon the whole time!" Soarin said "You were working behind the scenes to bring her back so she could overthrow Celestia and rule all of Equestria!"

"You're crazy! Why would I do that?!" Shining Armor asked.

"You're the criminal mastermind here, not me!" Soarin said.

"I'm not a criminal! I'm a respectable law abiding citizen of Equestria, I swear!" Shining Armor said.

"Yeah right!" Soarin said. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't get violent with you!" Suddenly Soarin felt someone tugging on his tail. He turned to look and saw that the culprit was Big Macintosh.

"Soarin stop!" Big Macintosh said, holding Soarin in place by the tail "You're assaulting an innocent pony without proof!"

"Let me go Big Macintosh! I can handle this guy" Soarin said "I don't need your help!"

"Soarin this guy is telling the truth! Why can't you see that?!" Big Macintosh asked.

"Becuase he isn't! He's hiding something from me and I'm going to find out what it is!" Soarin said "And I can do this without you so please go away!"

"Eenope." Big Macintosh replied "I know Shining Armor's not who he seems to be but we can't just fly off the handle and accuse him without proof. That's not how things work."

"Spare me the lecture will ya?!" Soarin snapped.

"Eenope." Big Macintosh said "You're going to listen to what I have to say, and we can do that the easy way or the hard way. Your choice."

"Okay fine, if it will get you to shut up and leave me alone!" Soarin said.

"That's more like it." Big Macintosh said "How would you feel if you were in Shining Armor's horeshoes right now?"

"Gee I don't know!" Soarin said "Because unlike him I have nothing to hide!"

"Wrong answer!" Big Macintosh said, bitting down harder on Soarin's tail. "You wouldn't like it if Shining Armor was doing the same thing to you right now, would ya?"

"Well when you put it that way no." Soarin said "And your point is?"

"If you wouldn't like it if he did it you then you have no right to do the same to him." Big Macintosh said "Even if he did it to you that wouldn't justify this case. Ma always use to say 'Two wrongs don't make a right'. You need to be the bigger pony in this situation. And that means you shouldn't be so quick to judge. You don't know what this guy has to say, or who he really is. And the only way you'll find out is if you let go of your anger and give him a chance to speak."

"If it'll make you happy then fine." Soarin said.

"Good." Big Macintosh said and he let go of Soarin's tail. While Soarin was recovering Braeburn, Fancy Pants, and Thunderlane came in. They were all curious as to what Shining Armor was hiding as well.

"Guess I don't have a choice." Shining Armor said with a sigh. He could only hope that Gleaming Shield and Princess Celestia would forgive him for what he was about to do. "You all know that my name is Shining Armor. That much is true. But what you do not is why I am here." he explained "The truth is, I am a member of the royal guard. I was sent here at the request of Princess Celestia when I saw what I believed to be signs of Nightmare Moon's return. I was under strict orders not to reveal this to anyone during my time in this town. But the circumstances have forced me to defy those orders. I apologize for keeping this from you, and would've glady filled you in earlier had I not been bound by that rule."

"Well, that's....something." Soarin said.

"I'm just glad you aren't a spy." Thunderlane said.

"But the question is what do we do now?" Fancy Pants asked.

"I don't know." Shining Armor confessed "I read something about the Elements of Harmony earlier, but I don't know what they are, or where to find them. I don't even know where to begin to search for them, and I have my sister searching as we speak."

"Elements of Harmony: A reference guide" Braeburn read outloud, he then pulled out a book from a nearby shelf. Everyone was speechless.

"But how did you find it?" Shining Armor asked.

"Simple. It was under E." Braeburn said in a singsong voice.

"Oh, right." Shining Armor said.

"The Elements of Harmony." Twilight read outloud. Shining Armor had specifically requested that she do so. No one noticed from outside as Nightmare Moon listened in on their conversation. "According to legend these are the objects that allowed Princess Celestia to defeat and banish Nightmare Moon 1,000 years ago. It says here that there are only five known elements. They are: honesty, kindness, laughter, generosity, and loyalty. The sixith is completely unknown, but it said that when the five other elements are present a spark will reveal the sixth element."

"That doesn't sound so hard." Soarin said "We just gotta find those elements and bam! Nightmare Moon will be no more!"

"It's not that simple." Twilight said "For you see. According to the book, the elements were last known to dwell in The Castle of the Two Sisters, in what is now"

"The Everfree Forest!" the six stallions gasped as they looked at the forest entrance. This was where the book had told them they could find the Elements of Harmony. Needless to say, their journey didn't look like it was going to be easy.

Author's Note:

As you've seen here I'm trying to make Nightmare Moon a little less generic. You know, make her more of a threat. Like how she was in the Season 4 opener.

PreviousChapters Next