• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 8,806 Views, 1,275 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition - SuperPinkBrony12



A fic where show canon stallions become the Elements of Harmony bearers. Shining Armor is sent to Ponyville per the request of Princess Celestia, and is tasked with making friends. This changes Shining Armor's life forever.

  • ...
32
 1,275
 8,806

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 82: Life's A Breezie

"The Breezies?" Soarin asked Thunderlane, he and his friends had been most surprised when Thunderlane had asked them to come out to the edge of town to talk to them.

Thunderlane nodded. "Fluttershy says they're due to pass through here on their way back home, and she wants everything to be perfect," Then he added. "It's important their journey home go off without a hitch, the portal to their home is seldom open, and when it is it isn't for very long. If they take too long to come back from their pollen gathering, they risk being stuck outside their home world for a very long time. And unfortunately, when you're as small as a breezie, that's a problem."

"Well, that's interesting and all, but why exactly did you need to tell us this here?" Soarin asked.

"I was hoping to assign some roles to all of you to help the Breezies when they pass through here," Thunderlane explained. "Soarin, you've got some pretty strong wing muscles. I think you'd do an excellent job on breeze control. It needs to be fast enough to steer them through, but gentle enough so that it won't blow them apart. It can be quite tricky to find the right speed."

"Ah gee, I'd like to help, but unfortunately since Cloudsdale's participating in the Equestria Games proper, Spitfire's quite insistent we get as much practice in as we can," Soarin replied, sounding most unhappy. "I'm afraid I won't have time to work on the breeze, let alone be there when the Breezies pass through. A shame though, sounds like it'll be a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"Sadly, Soarin ain't gonna be the only one who's gonna miss out on the whole thing," Braeburn remarked with a frown. "Things are gettin' busy in Appleloosa, there's even talks we might be hostin' the next professional Equestrian Grand Rodeo! With Sheriff Silverstar makin' it clear he wants all hooves on deck, I'm afraid I'll be out of town for quite some time."

"Well, I'll just take a photo for ya, cousin." Big Macintosh suggested.

But Thunderlane immediately spoke up and protested. "You can't do that! The flash could blind some of the Breezies long enough to divert them off course or cause them to crash in the others and up end everything! That pollen they carry is very important, and if they don't get back home in time, it'll go bad. And no pollen means no fruit for most of Equestria. It's unfortunate, but the Breezies are incredibly delicate, it's why they don't leave their home world too often."

"I'm guessing you need my help to get things set up so the Breezies can pass through Ponyville safe and sound?" Shining Armor guessed.

Thunderlane smiled and nodded. "If you could do that, that would be very helpful. Heck, if you wanna bring your sister onboard I wouldn't mind. I know you and Cadence are busy getting things ready in the Crystal Empire for the Equestria Games."

"Ah, Cadence and Flash Sentry have everything under control. I checked in with them via letter this morning," Shining replied. "You just tell me what you need done, and I'll get right on it."

"I suppose I'll have to do my part to keep Miss. Rarity from wearing anything that could prove hazardous to the Breezies," Fancy Pants commented. "That'll probably mean no sequins. A pity, Miss. Rarity just put the finishing touches on a detailed dress made of sequins just this morning."

"Is there anythin' you'd need me to help you with, Thunderlane?" Big Macintosh asked.

Thunderlane shook his head. "Just make sure to keep your little sister and her friends under control if you can, I don't want them to do anything that could interfere with the Breezies journey."

"Don't worry, that shouldn't be a problem," Big Macintosh promised. "So, what are you gonna do? You gonna be helpin' Rainbow Dash to make the breeze for the Breezies?"

"No," Thunderlane replied. "Rainbow Dash already signed up 8-Bit and Cloud Chaser. I'm just responsible for keeping an eye on the Breezies, while looking out for any possible hazards. But I don't see that happening, from what I can see now, I have faith that everything will be just fine and go off without a hitch." Thunderlane had no idea that he would be proven wrong on that statement, and sooner than he might have expected.


A few days after Thunderlane had asked his friends to meet him at the outskirts of Ponyville, it was time for the Breezies to pass through. Every precaution had been taken to ensure their journey through town would go smoothly and as quickly as possible.

Of course, everypony present had to speak in a whisper, so as not to startle the Breezies. But they didn't mind, the sight of the little creatures more than made up for it. The breezies came in every color imaginable, from hues of blue, yellow, and pink, to shades of green, red, and white.

"Hey, would you get a load of that Breezie over there?" Big Macintosh whispered to Fancy Pants, pointing to a breezie that had a blue coat, and pink hair. "He looks like the leader."

Said Breezie was barking out orders in a language that no one seemed to be able to understand. But his tone of voice was making it quite clear he wasn't very happy. In fact, he sounded rather impatient.

"Wonder what he's so upset about?" Fancy Pants pondered in reply. "They seem to be making good time."

"Yeah, and just look at how adorable they are," Big Macintosh smiled, as he fondly recalled. "I daresay, they're as cute as Apple Bloom was the day she was born. Sure, all the stuff that came after that was a headache, but her happy little face made it all worthwhile."

"Oh, and check out those little sacks they're carrying their pollen in," Fancy Pants observed. "Now that's fashionable and functional."

Thunderlane was watching everything from a nearby hill, and was smiling happily. "I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience," He thought to himself. "Those Breezies will be home in no time, safe and sound."

But then suddenly, out of the corner of his eyes, Thunderlane spotted a sign of trouble! A stray leaf was been blown towards the Breezies, and no one seemed to know it was coming!

Thunderlane frantically flapped his wings, in the hopes of generating enough of a breeze to divert the leaf away from the Breezies and keep them on course! But alas, he was not powerful enough on his own to alter the leaf's path. "Oh, I wish Soarin was here!" He thought to himself, as he could only watch in horror as the leaf blew past him and towards the Breezies!

In the blink of an eye, a group of Breezies were knocked off course by the leaf and started to spin helplessly!

"Slow down the breeze and let the others catch up!" Rainbow Dash shouted to 8-Bit and Cloudchaser.

"We can't!" 8-Bit glumly replied. "They're too far apart already, if we slow the breeze down anymore it won't be blowing fast enough for any of the Breezies to make it!"

"But we've gotta do something!" Rainbow Dash insisted. "We can't just leave them stuck out there like that!"

Suddenly, Thunderlane felt a sense of urgency overcome him! Before he realized what he was doing, he was already taking off into the skies, rushing to catch the Breezies as they continued to spin about, while the rest of their group had no choice but to leave them behind! "Quick, attach yourselves to me!" He instructed. The Breezies did so without much hesitation, and Thunderlane quickly brought them to safety.

As the Breezies were set on a rock, they began to speak. Thunderlane quickly replied to them. "You're quite welcome, it was my pleasure."

To Thunderlane's surprise, the blue coated and pink haired Breezie from earlier suddenly spoke up and said in plain Equestrian. "You can understand Breezie?"

Thunderlane nodded. "One of the many benefits of hanging out with Fluttershy. So can all of you speak Equestrian too?"

The Breezie shook his head. "Only I can apparently, the rest cannot. My name is Sea Breeze, and I'm the leader of this bunch. Sadly, it would seem they are far from the brightest of Breezies I could've asked to accompany me." The other Breezies seemed to take offense to the remark, but Sea Breeze paid them little attention.

"Will you be alright?" Thunderlane asked Sea Breeze.

"I think we will be, thanks to you," Sea Breeze replied with a smile. "But now we must get home to the others, would you be so kind as to tell your feathered friends up there to generate another breeze for us?"

But Thunderlane shook his head. "Oh no no no! You've all just been through a terrifying experience, and you need time to rest and recover! I know just the pony who can take care of you guys until you're ready to go back home." And he set off for Fluttershy's cottage before any of the Breezies could utter a word in protest.


Fluttershy was more than a little surprised when Thunderlane showed up at her cottage doorstep. She had wanted to see the Breezies travel home, but had been held up tending to her animal friends, so she was not aware of what had transpired just a short time ago. Thunderlane quickly explained though, much to Fluttershy's shock! "Oh, thank goodness you were there to help. I shudder to think what could've happened had you not been there."

"You said it yourself, the outside world is a dangerous place for the Beeezies," Thunderlane replied, trying to be modest. "After that frightening experience I think they could use a little time to unwind. Then they can fly again once they're back up to full strength. I'd hate to make them go out into that cruel world before they were ready."

Sea Breeze was quick to protest. "But we can't stay here! We need to go, or else we will never get home! I wish we did not need that stupid breeze, or I'd force you all to fly right now! If you would all just stick with the program and listen to me, we would already be back home! Home, where every Breezie is like us."

"Now Sea Breeze, there's no need to worry," Thunderlane commented to the leader. "Fluttershy will take good care of you all, and will make sure you leave with plenty of time to get back home. If you try to leave before you're ready, there's no telling what might happen." The other Breezies seemed to agree with Thunderlane, practically clinging to him even as he instructed them to go to Fluttershy.

"I suppose I could keep an eye on them and let them rest up here for an hour or two," Fluttershy said to Thunderlane with a smile. "You'll make sure to come and get me if I forget, won't you?"

"Of course," Thunderlane nodded in reply. "I'll also make sure to check with Rainbow Dash, 8-Bit, and Cloud Chaser, so we can get the right kind of breeze going for them. And I might even be able to track down the cause of that stray leaf."

Sea Breeze wasn't too thrilled with the idea of a delay. "Even one hour is too much! Like you said, we need all the help we can get!" He complained, before he started spouting off a series of random comments that even Thunderlane couldn't decipher.

Fluttershy blushed as she commented to Thunderlane. "He's a bit upset right now and he said some things I'd rather not repeat. I'm sure he'll calm down eventually though."

"Right, see you in an hour or two, Fluttershy." Thunderlane replied, and flew off.

Sea Breeze just looked at Thunderlane, and hung his head. "There goes my only chance to talk some sense into the others. Guess this Breezie will have to find a way home on his own." He thought, and he began to formulate a plan.


The time seemed to fly by faster than Thunderlane would've liked, almost before he realized it, it was time for the Breezies to go home. "I wouldn't want them to think I'm abandoning them to the outside world before they were ready." He commented.

"You said it yourself though, they can't stay here forever. They need to get going if they ever want to make it back to their home," Rainbow Dash replied to Thunderlane. "The longer you wait, the harder it's gonna be to generate the proper breeze for them. It's already proving hard enough as it is to find the right speed."

Thunderlane sighed, as he reluctantly set off for Fluttershy's cottage again. "I really wish there was another way," He thought to himself. "A way to make sure they could get back home whenever they were truly ready. But I can't delay for any longer."

Time once again seemed to work against Thunderlane, ticking by way too fast. In the blink of an eye he was at Fluttershy's doorstep and ready to enter. He even already knew what he had to say to her, and to the Breezies, as much as he would've liked to hesitate.

But upon opening the door of the cottage, Thunderlane was surprised to see Fluttershy looking anxious and worried. Instantly, he knew something was wrong, and that it was probably related to the tiny and adorable creatures he'd left in her care.

"Please tell me Sea Breeze is with you, please." Fluttershy pleaded.

"I thought he was with you?" Thunderlane asked Fluttershy.

Fluttershy shook her head, and then gasped. "Oh no, it's just like I feared! Sea Breeze went off on his own!"

"What?! Is he crazy?!" Thunderlane exclaimed, his heart beating so fast it felt like it would jump out of his chest.

"He just kept complaining about how the other Breezies were too afraid to go back out there and try again, and when I told him we needed to wait a little longer to get ready, he got awfully mad," Fluttershy confessed, and sighed. "I've been looking all over for him for the past several minutes. I don't even want to begin to imagine what kind of trouble he might be in."

"But you can't just leave the other Breezies here by themselves," Thunderlane protested, and almost immediately he realized what he had to do. "You stay here and make sure none of the other Breezies fly away," He instructed to Fluttershy. "I'm going to find Sea Breeze and make sure he's brought back here safe and sound." And with a flap of his wings, Thunderlane flew off once again.


Sea Breeze was regretting his decision to fly off on his own to try and get back home. Without the aid of his fellow Breezies, even the slightest gust of wind was enough to blow him around. And despite how hard he tried, he could not stay on his intended path. Blown one way and then another, Sea Breeze barely had time to react, as he suddenly found himself heading straight for a bee hive!

Sea Breeze thought the worst was over, once he was able to poke his head out of the hive. But unfortunately, his troubles were just beginning. The entire flock of bees were quite angry at having been disturbed, especially by a creature they'd never seen before. They flew out of the hive after Sea Breeze, who clung desperately to a branch, unable to do much else. All of them pointed their stingers at Sea Breeze, determined to show him what happened to those unfortunate enough to anger them.

But before anyone could think of doing anything, a voice called out. "Excuse me, bees. Do you think maybe you could hold off on attacking my friend for a moment?" The voice soon revealed itself as Thunderlane. "Sea Breeze accidentally got a little lost, he didn't mean to crash into your hive. And if you let him go I promise you he'll never do it again."

The bees didn't seem convinced, so Thunderlane tried to attract their attention. "Say, maybe you guys could help me out with something?" He asked the bees, as he somehow managed to dress up in a bee costume. "I know you guys have your own little dances to communicate with each other. I'm working on a bee type of dance of my own," As he wiggled the stinger portion around he asked them. "So, does this bring to mind any images for you? Maybe a bee? I'd like to know what it signals in your language."

A few of the bees appeared to be attracted to the wiggle dance Thunderlane was doing with his costume, but most of them were still content to point their stingers at Sea Breeze, who was still clinging to that branch as if his life depended on it. Thunderlane lost his patience and he angrily scolded the bees. "I have done nothing but be kind to you bees, and have given you every chance to back off. You all know better than to hurt a helpless Breezie so far from his own home. I suggest you all leave and go back into your hive now, or I'll tell Fluttershy! And I can assure she won't be very happy!"

That did the trick, the bees lowered their stingers and flew back into their hive. Picking on Sea Breeze wasn't worth it anymore. Sea Breeze, finally feeling safe, pulled himself up onto the branch and he said to Thunderlane. "Oh thank you, thank you so much for coming after me."

"It's the least I could do, you flew off because I made you and the other Breezies stay here for longer than you were supposed to," Thunderlane apologized. "I was just trying not to hurt any creature's feelings, but it seems like my actions put you all in danger."

"It's like I've been saying all along, but those Breezies never listen to me," Sea Breeze complained. "No Breezie ever listens to me."

"Well, perhaps your message would get across better if you weren't always yelling and shouting all the time," Thunderlane encouraged. "We ponies like to say 'You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.'"

"But what about those bees?" Sea Breeze asked, eyeing the hive. "You were not nice to them, you shouted at them and told them to go away, and that was the only way they would listen."

"Only because I tried every other way, and they refused to listen. I didn't immediately start yelling and shouting at them," Thunderlane explained. "They had to go, and ultimately, yelling was the only way to make them understand that. Had my nicer ways been accepted by them, I wouldn't have needed to shout," Just then, Thunderlane was surprised to see some kind of rainbow glow work its way across Sea Breeze's wings, and reflect itself in his eyes. At that moment, Thunderlane realized what he had to do next. "Come on, let's get you back to Fluttershy," He said seriously. "It's time for you and the other Breezies to finally go home."


Thunderlane brought Sea Breeze back to Fluttershy's cottage, but then he insisted on speaking to the rest of the Breezies. "I just had to rescue Sea Breeze from a swarm of angry bees, who were most unhappy about having their hive disturbed," He told them. "And I have come to realize that, you can't stay here any longer. I thought I was doing the right thing by giving you guys time to rest and recover, but all I did was delay your journey back home until it was almost too late."

The Breezies clung desperately to Fluttershy, even though they knew what Thunderlane said was right. Trying to fight back tears, Fluttershy commented to them. "I know you all wish you could stay here and be taken care of forever, but this isn't your home, and it isn't right of me to keep you from it. That pollen you've collected is important."

Thunderlane opened the cottage door, also trying not to cry, as he said firmly to the Breezies. "You must go, now! Please, do it before I change my mind."

Reluctantly, one by one, the Breezies all flew through the open cottage door. Huddling close together, they began to ride the breeze that would take them home.

The last Breezie to leave, surprisingly, was Sea Breeze. And just before he did so, he gave Thunderlane a small flower that he had picked up during his earlier travels. "Here, take this to remember us by," He said to Thunderlane, and then added. "I will do my best to remember the lesson you taught me, about being kind to others, and not always shouting at them. Thank you again for all you did for me and the others."

"No, thank you, for helping me to realize that sometimes to be kind I have to do things that may seem cruel," Thunderlane replied. "It may hurt me greatly, and a part of me is going to think you aren't ready no matter what. But if I listen to that part, all I'll be doing is putting you and your entire species in danger."

"You are welcome to observe us anytime, and we will always remember you," Sea Breeze promised, as he flew off. "Goodbye, Thunderlane." And in the blink of an eye, the leader of the Breezies disappeared over the horizon, as he joined up with the others.

"That was one of the hardest things I think I've ever had to do in my entire life," Thunderlane commented. "I miss them already."

"I know, Thunderlane. I do too. But we both agree it's for the best," Fluttershy replied, hugging Thunderlane. "Besides, they'll come back again someday to collect more pollen. We'll have another chance to observe them."

"You think they'll make it home in time?" Thunderlane asked Fluttershy.

Fluttershy nodded. "I'm sure they will. Now come on, let's have some tea and talk it over between friends."

Thunderlane followed Fluttershy into the kitchen, unaware that the flower that Sea Breeze had planted in his head was giving off a rainbow glow.

Author's Note:

8-Bit is the stallion who looks like Thunderlane, but isn't, and appeared in the original episode. So no, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you when you wonder why Thunderlane sounded different and why here he's not part of the breeze generating group.

I decided to leave out the toyitic bit of the mane six becoming Breezies, I think everyone can agree that was not necessary.

Only one more key chapter left, and then we've got the next big arc to tackle. So come back in early May for the Honesty Key Chapter with Big Macintosh.

PreviousChapters Next