• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 8,782 Views, 1,275 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition - SuperPinkBrony12



A fic where show canon stallions become the Elements of Harmony bearers. Shining Armor is sent to Ponyville per the request of Princess Celestia, and is tasked with making friends. This changes Shining Armor's life forever.

  • ...
32
 1,275
 8,782

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 104: Exposing The Truth

Once he was certain Starlight had gone back to bed, Thunderlane immediately rushed out to the cottage where his friends were being kept! Unable to open the door, or find any latches on the windows, he knocked on the door and whispered. "Hey, guys. You awake?"

A series of yawns and groans were heard on the other side of the door, before Soarin called out. "Well, we are now. What's this all about? Did you get our cutie marks back?"

"No, Starlight has them and is keeping them close to her," Thunderlane whispered back. "But I just discovered something that completely changes everything. Starlight's equal sign is a fake, she applies it with make-up, and it washes off in water!"

"What?!" Double Diamond gasped. "She still has her original cutie mark?!"

"You mean, you didn't know?" Shining asked Double Diamond. "Surely, Starlight would've told you of all ponies. Especially after you served as her loyal right hoof stallion for who knows how long."

"I swear, she never told me and I never found out!" Double Diamond insisted. "Why would she lie to me? Lie to all of us? Doesn't she trust us?"

Shining sighed. "Alas, I was afraid of this. Don't you get, Double Diamond? You were simply a disposable pawn in Starlight's little game. A means to an end. And when you'd outlived your usefulness, she would've dumped you at the first chance she got."

"I can't believe it!" Double Diamond exclaimed, angrily pounding his hooves on the door. "I thought Starlight and I had something special. I served her so thoroughly and blindly, yet all this time her entire village was founded on a lie! Guess that would explain how she could so easily take away other ponies cutie marks."

"We can't let her get away with this!" Fancy Pants hissed. "It's bad enough she stole our cutie marks, but the fact that she's been lying to this entire village and tricking them into giving up their cutie marks? Don't know about the rest of you, but I'd say she's gone too far!"

"But, how do we go about exposin' her?" Braeburn asked Thunderlane. "It's not like we can just waltz right up, rub off her cutie mark, and make her give back all the cutie marks she's taken away."

"I hate to admit it, but cousin Braeburn's got a point," Big Macintosh glumly added. "That Starlight's a crafty pony, she's already outsmarted us once. How do we outsmart her and expose her for the fraud she is?"

A long silence fell over the hut, before Shining finally whispered. "I have an idea. It's a bit of a risk, but if it works Starlight will never see it coming. However, we're going to need your help, Double Diamond."

"Me?" Double Diamond gulped.

"Yes, you," Shining affirmatively replied. "So listen carefully, because here's what we're gonna do."


Thunderlane returned to Starlight's cottage, relieved to see that she was still asleep. Nopony seemed to be aware of his late night trip, so after brushing the soot from his coat he slipped back up to his room and fell asleep.

The next morning, Starlight led Thunderlane down to the brainwashing hut, and as she opened the door again she smiled. "I've got a good feeling about today! So, do any of you have anything you'd like to say?" She asked, hoping for a response. But none of the stallions bothered to say a word, with the exception of Double Diamond they just scowled at Starlight. Starlight only shook her head before she responded. "Aw, what a pity. Oh well, let's try this again tomorrow, shall we? Sorry, everypony. No new friends today, I'm afraid!" All the villagers let out an "aw" of disappointment.

Looking at Shining, Thunderlane saw his friend wink, and he knew what he had to do. "I hope this works." He thought to himself, before he spoke up. "Wait! I'd like to lock them in, Starlight."

Starlight clapped his hooves. "Marvelous, Thunderlane! That's the spirit! Double Diamond, would you care to join us?"

Double Diamond immediately came rushing forward, and kneeled before Starlight as he apologized. "I'm sorry, Starlight! I've seen the error of my ways! Please, give me another chance and I promise I won't let you down!"

"So, you admit to your own incompetence then?" Starlight asked the stallion, who nodded in response. "Very well then, Double Diamond! Welcome back to the light! We welcome you back with open hooves!"

"Trust me, I'm glad to be by your side again!" Double Diamond smiled, before he added. "They tried to break me, Starlight! They wouldn't stop talking about how different they are, and how that somehow makes their friendship stronger!"

Starlight shook her head. "Such backwards thinking. So pathetic and cowardly." She said in a condescending tone of voice.

"But I didn't listen!" Double Diamond exclaimed. "I knew what they were up to, and I didn't listen! Not a single word!"

"Seems there's cause for celebration after all!" Starlight declared. "Double Diamond was lost to us, yet now he has found his way back to the light, just like Party Favor!"

The villagers all clapped and cheered. "Hooray!"

But just then, Thunderlane spoke up. "Um, Starlight. I hate to interrupt such a touching reunion, but I think we might have one more friend joining us today." He stood aside, as Shining Armor trotted forward, much to gasps and looks of shock from the crowd!

"Is this true? Has the high and mighty prince finally come around to our way of thinking?" Starlight asked, eyeing Shining carefully.

"I-I think so," Shining reluctantly nodded. "But I just want to be sure. If I agree to leave my cutie mark in the vault and stay in this village, I'll really be happier?"

Starlight nodded. "Of course! Just look around you, prince! Equality has given us more happiness than you've ever known before! We'll be happy to have you join our ranks, you'll be a great asset to our cause."

"And you wouldn't let me just live here in the village with my old cutie mark?" Shining asked. "Even if I promise never to use my special talent and cover up my cutie mark?"

"Out of the question," Starlight instantly responded, her tone of voice changing ever so slightly from cheerful and confident to cautious and weary. "A pony with a different cutie mark in our midst would destroy my... I mean our entire philosophy. We are all equal here!"

"Oh, is that so?" Thunderlane asked, looking at Starlight, who nodded in response. "Well then, how do you explain this?!" He shouted, as he picked up a bucket of water and shook it so that the water would fly towards Starlight!

Starlight dodged the direct hit, but was unable to avoid the blast radius and ended up soaked. "So, it was all a ruse, was it?!" Starlight hissed, looking at Thunderlane. "I knew you couldn't be trusted, I knew you were up to something! But I convinced myself I was being paranoid," However, as Starlight spoke she didn't seem to notice Double Diamond approaching her with a towel. Frantically, she shouted at him! "No! Get away! Don't touch me!"

"Ah, what's the matter, Starlight?" Shining teased with a smirk. "Afraid of a towel? Or maybe, you're afraid of what it'll expose!"

"W-what are you talking abo..." Starlight began, then gasped as the realization dawned on her! "No, you can't possibly mean..." But her sentence was cut off as Double Diamond (with help from Party Favor), succeeded in rubbing Starlight dry. When he'd done so, Starlight's equal sign had vanished, exposing her cutie mark for all to see!

Author's Note:

Since Double Diamond took Party Favor's place here, I knew he had to be the one to say "I didn't listen" and play a part in exposing Starlight's lie.

Obviously, Thunderlane telling his friends now about where their cutie marks are, will change up some of the events in the next two chapters compared to the original episode. And next chapter will also delve into my reasons for Double Diamond's role changing here.

PreviousChapters Next