• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 8,813 Views, 1,275 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition - SuperPinkBrony12



A fic where show canon stallions become the Elements of Harmony bearers. Shining Armor is sent to Ponyville per the request of Princess Celestia, and is tasked with making friends. This changes Shining Armor's life forever.

  • ...
32
 1,275
 8,813

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: The Summer Sun Celebration

Everypony who was anypony was present at town hall. The Summer Sun Celebration was truly a sight to behold, especially when it was the first time a town was chosen to host it.

But Shining Armor was still worried. He tried his best to shake it off, but he had a gut feeling that things were about to go bad. He tried to reassure himself by conducting a security sweep as many times as he allowed, but it did little good. All he could do now was stand by with the other royal guards, and wait. Wait and see what happened. Hopefully nothing would, but he couldn't be sure.

"Mares and gentlecolts. Children of all ages." Mayor Mare spoke up "It's the moment you've all been waiting for!"

"Are you excited?! I'm so excited! I've never been so excited!" Pinkie Pie blabbed to Braeburn and Shining Armor "Well you know, except for the time I went 'Gasp!' but I mean really what could possibly top that?!"

"You know I'm excited Pinkie Pie." Braeburn said "I haven't seen Princess Celestia since she provided the land grant for my family and I to start building Appeloosa. How bout you Shining Armor?"

Shining Armor didn't reply. "I wish I could I say I'm excited. But I can't, I have a very bad feeling about all of this." he thought to himself. He looked up at the moon, he could've sworn he saw the stars close in on the moon and the face carved onto it disappear. "That can't be good!" he thought to himself.

"It is with great pleasure that I present to you now, our noble ruler." Mayor Mare continued "The very pony responsible for raising the sun each and every day. The very bringer of harmony to our land, the one and only, Princess Celestia!" That was a cue for a chorus of song birds to start singing. A spotlight shined on the platform that Princess Celestia was expected to stand on. The curtain was pulled back, but no one was there. Everyone gasped.

"Princess Celestia would never miss a cue." Shining Armor thought to himself "But that can only mean one thing!"

"She's gone!" Rarity cried out.

"I hate it when I'm right!" Shining Armor thought to himself.

"Ooh! She's good!" Pinkie Pie said "Almost as good as me!"

"Er Pinkie Pie, I don't know about you but I don't think Princess Celestia is hiding." Braeburn said nervously "Something's fishy here."

"I can't smell anything." Pinkie Pie said.

"It's an expression. A figure of speech. He didn't mean it literally." Applejack explained, facehoofing herself "He means that something is not right."

"But what could it be?" Big Macintosh asked.

"Calm down everpony." Mayor Mare said "I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this."

"But what are we suppose to do now mayor?" a pony asked "Princess Celestia is gone, and who knows where she is."

Suddenly an erie chill filled the air. A dark blue mist began to rise. "Of course your princess is gone. It's all thanks to me" a rather cold voice said. A moment later there was a poof of smoke, and there, standing on the platform, was a mare with black armor, and a flowing blue mane and tail.

"It can't be!" Shining Armor thought to himself, rubbing his eyes. And yet it was. There could be no mistaking it.

"Ah, hello my faithful subjects." the mare said "It's been so long since I've seen your sun loving faces. It's been, oh I don't know, 1000 years!" She spit out the last few words as if they were venom, clearly she was not happy.

"Enough talk! What did you do with our princess?!" Rainbow Dash demanded.

The mare only laughed. "Oh what's the matter? Am I not 'regal' enough for you? Don't you know who I am?" she said. There was no reply. "You mean none of you know? Do you mean to tell me that because I was imprisoned for 1,000 years I am no longer of royal blood?! Did you not recall the legend?! Did you not see the signs?!"

"What are you talking about?!" Fancy Pants asked.

"That's what I wanna know!" Soarin said.

Shining Armor however reluctantly plucked up courage. "I did!" he shouted, instantly attracting the mare's attention "And I know who you are! You're the evil Mare in the Moon! Nightmare Moon!"

Nightmare Moon laughed once again. "Well I'll be, somepony who remembers me. Then you know why I'm here right?!"

"Yes. You're here to" Shining Armor gulped.

"Go on." Nightmare Moon said "Tell them. Tell them all. Or perhaps you'd like to me to do the honors."

"To bring about eternal nighttime." Shining Armor said reluctantly. This caused everyone to gasp once again.

"You heard hm right." Nightmare Moon said "So remember this day my little ponies, and I'd remember it fondly if I were you. Because it is your last. From this moment forward. The Night! Will Last! FOREVER! And I, Nightmare Moon, shall rule all of Equestria!" She then put on an impressive display of power, laughing wickedly as she did so.

Shining Armor was speechless. "I've failed you Princess Celestia." he thought to himself "I couldn't save you from this evil threat. Equestria is doomed."

Author's Note:

Well s*** just got real didn't it?

This is where we'd end the first episode of the show. Tune in next time to see how Part 2 will play out.

PreviousChapters Next