• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 8,813 Views, 1,275 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition - SuperPinkBrony12



A fic where show canon stallions become the Elements of Harmony bearers. Shining Armor is sent to Ponyville per the request of Princess Celestia, and is tasked with making friends. This changes Shining Armor's life forever.

  • ...
32
 1,275
 8,813

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 145: Rescue Operation

"Well, isn't this quite the collection of secondary and supporting characters?" Discord commented. "Never thought I'd see the day."

"Who are you calling secondary?!" Spike snapped.

"Oh, Spike, you think I was referring to you?" Discord scolded, turning his attention to Starlight. "I was referring to the prince's prized protege and star pupil here, and just about everyone besides you and I. The two of us, we're special enough to be considered supporting."

Starlight looked at the spirit of chaos. It sure seemed like him, and the personality seemed to be just how she remembered him being. But she wasn't about to take chances. "How do I know for sure you're the real Discord?" She asked.

Discord smirked. "Oh really, you're going to ask? Well, I guess a quick demonstration won't hurt," He snapped his paws, turning Trixie's wagon into a pumpkin carriage and the ground into alternating tiles of black and white. Then he snapped his paws again, and the scenery changed to a world of clocks and rubber chickens. "Good enough, or do you still need more proof?"

Starlight shook her head. "That'll do, Discord, you've more than proven you're no changeling."

"Changelings you say?" Discord inquired. "Sounds interesting, but what does that all have to do with me?"

Starlight took a deep breath as she told the witty chaos maker. "Chrysalis and the changelings are back. They've managed to kidnap Shining Armor and Flurry Heart, and they also made off with Twilight."

Discord tried not to yawn. "Well, it's a shame that happened, but I don't exactly see how I'm supposed to help. Heck, I don't even know where to start looking. I'm sure his friends and the princess will come to Shining's aide eventually, and rescue Flurry Heart and Twilight while they're at it."

But Starlight only shook her head. "No, because they've all been kidnapped as well and with your magic we might just-"

Discord interrupted, teleporting in front of Starlight with his eyes glaring. "They took Fluttershy?!" He growled. When Starlight nodded, he then ominously asked. "Where?! Tell me where they've taken her, and I'll give those changelings something to be scared of! They'll rue the day they dared lay a hoof, or whatever it is they have, on my best friend!"

"H-hold on a minute," Sunburst cautioned. "Before we go galavanting off to who knows where, we should probably come up with a plan. At least we need to decide who's doing what."

"And we better make sure everyone is who they say they are," Starlight commented, looking across to Spike and Ember. "So, Spike, what proof do you have that you're not a changeling?"

Spike snorted. "If I was a changeling, how could I know about Dragon Lord Ember or how to contact her?"

"Good point," Starlight retorted and turned to Ember. "And are you the real Ember?"

"Of course I'm the real Ember! Why would I not be?!" Ember shouted, a bit too loudly as she ended up blowing Starlight back a bit. "Sorry, got a little defensive there."

Starlight just picked herself up and brushed herself off. "It's alright, at least now I know you're not a changeling."

"But that still leaves us with one problem," Sunburst commented. "There are changelings in the castle, and an entire hive of them holding our friends captive. And if we try to do one and then the other, chances are they'll be onto us. I think it might be best if we split up, use their own tricks against them."

Trixie smirked. "I knew there was something I liked about you, Sunburst. I'm all for smoke and mirrors tactics, it's right up the Great and Powerful Trixie's alley."

Spike clenched his claws into a fist. "Well, I'm staying here! Those changelings booted me out of my own home, and now I've got a score to settle!"

"I'm all for settling scores," Ember chimed in. "Besides, I do owe you for the gauntlet."

Trixie then spoke up. "The Great and Powerful Trixie would rather try her odds with a small group of changelings, rather than an entire hive's worth of them. So she shall reluctantly assist the take back of the castle."

"You'll need my help if you're going to find your way around the hive." Thorax spoke up.

Discord, as if to make his earlier position even more clear, declared. "I won't rest until Fluttershy is safe, and those changelings are taught a lesson. I'm going to the hive."

Sunburst looked across to Starlight and told her. "Whatever you want to do, Starlight, I'll do it with you. I wasn't there for you the last time you needed me the most and I won't let history repeat itself. Not if I can help it!"

"Then it looks like we're both going with Thorax and Discord," Starlight commented. "So I guess everything's in order."

"Not quite, Discord if you wouldn't mind waiting for a moment?" Sunburst requested.

Discord yawned. "Fine, but make it quick. The sooner we leave, the sooner I can save Fluttershy."

Sunburst trotted over to Trixie and asked the magician. "Would you mind if I borrowed some of your magic props? I have a feeling they might be useful in the changeling hive, at least in terms of causing a distraction."

"Well, there isn't much Trixie would be willing to be part with," Trixie commented. "But I suppose the Great and Powerful Trixie would be willing to give you a few smoke bombs. There are plenty more where those came from."

Sunburst smiled, as a few of the aforementioned bombs were dropped carefully into his saddlebag. "Great! Thanks a bunch, Trixie! These will most definitely come in handy!"

"Are you done yet? I probably could've already rescued Fluttershy by now." Discord impatiently groaned, as Sunburst trotted back towards Starlight.

Sunburst nodded. "Yup, we're all set."

Starlight briefly looked across to Trixie. "Well, I suppose this is good-bye again, Trixie. A shame our reunion had to be under these circumstances."

Trixie just replied. "It's hardly your fault, Starlight. Just do the Great and Powerful Trixie a favor and try not to get yourself captured. Trixie would rather not have to tangle with anymore changelings than she has to."

"I'll most certainly do my best." Starlight promised Trixie, and then she, Sunburst, Thorax, and Discord all vanished in a flash of light as Discord snapped his paws.


The group reappeared in a flash of light on land that looked like it had not been occupied for several years. Everything seemed old and neglected, as if starved of life.

"Huh, that's odd," Discord commented. "I was trying to take us directly to Fluttershy and yet," He lifted up a rock and scanned beneath it with his eyes. "There's no Fluttershy to be found."

"Oh, she's definitely around," Thorax shuddered with fright. "Look!"

The group members all turned their attention to where Thorax was pointing. And what they saw filled their hearts with dread. A hollowed out, cocoon like structure stood before them, complete with rather derelict colored crystals at the base.

"Is that-" Starlight began, only to be interrupted by Thorax.

"Oh yes, it's the changeling hive all right," Thorax shivered. "I thought I'd never set foot into that horrible place ever again. Guess I should've known never to say never."

Author's Note:

Sunburst obtaining Trixie's smoke bombs will be an important detail later on.

I also wanted to try to show that Discord cares about others and not just Fluttershy.

PreviousChapters Next