• Published 8th Mar 2012
  • 2,419 Views, 90 Comments

Blockhead in Ponyville - Derpy Mooves



Blockhead gets transported to Equestria, and hijinks ensue.

  • ...
1
 90
 2,419

Hi ho, Pinkie, away! or Blockhead Unleashed

Author's note: I know there are typos, but I am tired and in a really bad mood, so I will fix them in the morning.

"Chimicherry?"

"Cherrichonga. Definitely cherrichonga."


Blockhead gestured with the tongs in his hand, emphasizing his certainty of dessert title. With his other, tong-free arm, he held around Pinkie's neck as she galloped into the Equestrian-desert night. Six hours had passed since the two had demolished the wall* of Sugarcube Corner and made for Canterlot, on a mission to rescue and party with the Weavil. Luna had long ago raised the moon into the sky, giving much-needed cool to the desert.


Pinkie pondered Blockhead's choice as she ran. The question had plagued her since it first emerged in Dodge Junction. She'd spent many sleepless nights frantically scribbling notes trying to find the answer. And now, Blockhead had the answer after only a minute of discussion. Truly this creature was of genius-level intelligence. Pinkie had to know how he had gotten the answer.

"How do you know, Mr. Blockhead?"

"Elementary, my dear Watson; Cherrichonga rhymes with tonga, and tonga sounds like tongs." He gestured almost condescendingly with one hand.

"Of course! How could I not have seen it before?" Pinkie felt in awe of the simplicity of the answer. She squinted with extra determination to get to Canterlot. If this creature was so smart, this "Weavil" must have been a genius! She wondered what super-rific party tips this Weavil would have. He might even know the secret of nuclear cupcake fusion! She had tried so long to unlock that party secret, but the Cakes quickly forced her to stop splitting cupcake atoms in the basement.

"I can't decide which is dumber- Blockhead for coming up with that inane babble of an answer, or you for being awestruck by it."

Pinkie dug her hooves into the ground and skidded to a stop. Blockhead's inertia flew him into a bale of hay.

"We must not stop now, my pink chariot; lady luck yearns for adventure," Blockhead exclaimed with his head still stuck in the hay. Of course, this only had the effect of forcing straws of hay into his mouth, and Blockhead found himself suddenly fascinated with them. He bobbed his head around, poking different objects with the straws, giggling as he did so. The ground and tree that he poked didn't seem to find much significance in his poking, but the ants definitely seemed unhappy about it as they were squished.

Pinkie stared, hooves still dug into the dirt, as she contemplated the grumpy voice's words. The gears in her head (which were, interestingly enough, pink and yellow and blue and made the most delightful squeaks as they turned, rather than those unhappy clunks that most gears made. Pinkie liked her gears better that way) turned (and squeaked in the most delightful way) as she came to a great realization-Blockhead was an idiot. She started to feel that her actions may have been just the teensiest-weensiest bit foalish.

"With this straw, I can be like that little pig and stop the wolf!" With this remark, Blockhead began using his tongue to arrange the straws of hay on the ground into a floor plan.

Yeah, Pinkie thought. Definitely foalish... Pinkie's eyes dilated at the terrifying concept of a creature too silly for even her.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh," Pinkie gushed. "I have to ask Twilight what to do!"

"You-you're not quite as dumb as I thought. Maybe we could work something- Wait, where are you going?" The gruff voice said.

"Twilight is reaaaaallly smart. She'll know what to do. You stay here, and I'll come back." Pinkie smiled.

"You think it's a good idea to leave this whirling dervish to his own devices?"

Pinkie Pie turned back to address the disembodied voice, "He'll be with you; everybody listens to their grampa!"

With that, Pinkie left. Blockhead stood and smiled, tongs still in his hand. Suddenly, his unhappy watcher came to a realization.

"Wait," he said. "If you're out here alone, maybe you'll starve. Oh, sweet salvation at last; you'll never anyone again..." The man sounded genuinely happy for a moment. Then he noticed Blockhead shove his head into the bale and begin chewing.

"Just like grandma used to make," he said.

"I need to stop getting my hopes up..."

*****

Twilight paced back and forth in her library home. She furrowed her brow and rubbed her forehead with one hoof. Pinkie back. Good. Blockhead alone to destroy Equestria. Less good. She had to think of a solution before all of marekind ended. Maybe she- no, she'd never find enough bandanas and jars of gravy at this time of year. She sighed and turned to Ponyville's resident dragon.

"Has Rainbow Dash seen anything yet," she asked.

Spike shook his head. Twilight sighed. Pinkie raised a hoof.

"Twilight, I have an idea!"

Twilight shrugged; any idea was a welcome one at this point.

"Yes?"

"Well, the first step is to end the chapter with a cliffhanger!"


*Pinkie Pie note: But I didn't break the fourth wall this time. Wait... oops. Umm... Never mind.

Author note: I really hate to do this to you guys, but that joke needed to be told. It's something Pinkie would absolutely do, and I am actually quite proud of it.