• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 712 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Forumites are Magic - Mx Story Anomalax



Strange meteors have started falling into Equestria. Except these aren't meteors, they're gods.

  • ...
11
 2
 712

LOPAF, LOIAL, and LOGAD

Pinkie was next, and she was excited - so, so excited. She was bouncing around the room as Ying tried to get her to focus, but to little avail. Finally he mentioned RD and how she should not be ONLY happy, that this was important and something RD would have expected of her. Pinkie calmed down almost immediately at that, feeling a little sad, but getting determined at the same time. She started messaging Applejack. Telling her she was ready.

Applejack decided to take care of Pinkie's entrance where she was, out in the huge apple orchard. Aranea helped her through the details and Pinkie would enter soon.

Pinkie's entrance was somewhat uneventful, and was taking Gummy in with her despite Ying's advice. Pinkie ended up prototyping an impossibly huge ball with candy inside it - Ying wasn't sure how she had kept it in such a small drawer, and was assured that Pinkie was definitely an Heir of Space.

To enter the game, which she did excitedly, was to break a pinata of herself. The pinata looked extremely sad, and connected to it were a few items that looked like they came straight from Sugarcube Corner. She had reservations, feeling bad about this, as though she was destroying a part of herself so she could move forward. Like self-sacrifice. But Ying told her to cheer up, that stuff like pinatas wouldn't come often in a game like this, and that she should stick true to her virtue, laughter, and get through it with fun than to let it get her down.

Feeling like she was destroying a piece of herself for others she had to grin and bare it, bringing her will up so much that she started to have fun with it. She was happy Gummy would be coming with her and happy that her large stores of candy would be too. The top half of Sugarcube corner transported off into the game. Bizarrely, it looked like Sugarcube Corner had a lower ceiling on it, and the top part, when it got into the game, seemed to have become a building all on its own.

The Land of Parties and Frogs.

There were buildings everywhere, each with loud music throbbing in them. She was right in the middle of a village. There was a lot of snow around - Pinkie loved the snow so much and started jumping around in it, molding it so that it made her a beard. She'd be a little busy, and Ying figured she deserved some fun time. It helped that watching her made him want to play too, and eventually she joined her in a snowball fight, some of the aspects coming through during their intense game, Pinkie never noticing the volcano on her land, which was attached to where the cloning pool had once been, the strip of land that had come with her appearing unusual compared to everything else, sticking out like a sore thumb.

---

Applejack was really worried about this whole game dealie thing and had her reservations about it. Mostly because she didn't know if she'd ever see her family again. Aranea talked with her, trying to help her see the light, and when she mentioned her problems, Aranea brought up two points. One, there were no meteors yet, and no one was telling them to hurry. Not only that, but she also informed Applejack that anyone in the house would be taken with. Applejack seemed relieved, but then Aranea informed her that others who enter the game don't normally survive. It's just about the players in the session, nothing and no one more. Aranea believed that she was still doomed, and that this is when she would die. But if she died, she would die doing the thing she loved most. Helping. She would make sure these players would be strong enough to take on any threat, even if they had to leave their home in order to have a chance at it. She knew that there might not be a way to return to this planet other than exile - but that was pretty much a bad idea on all the levels. All of them. Applejack sighed, but then smiled, hope renewing in her that by doing this, she may end up being able to help many universes by making an attempt to take out the Lord of Muse and foil his plans. Applejack felt ready for anything, and decided she'd probably send her family to go to Appleoosa or something, in the hopes that they'd be safe.

Applejack, upon seeing her kernelsprite, knew exactly what she was going to do with the first prototyping, and would figure out the second after entering. The first prototyping was integral, as she had been told. She had contacted Rarity, and guided her to the right tree that was completely bare except for a few really bad-looking apples. Completely unripe and looked as though they were completely bruised and about ready to die. Applejack explained that this tree had been there for so long, but no one in the family had wanted to chop it down in the hope that maybe someday it would prove completely useful.

Other than second thoughts, the entrance would end up going smoothly, Applejack having to buck an apple out of the tree and eat it. It was simple and straightforward, Aranea explaining that she had already grown up for the most part and there wasn't much more for her to learn, as she knew most of it already. And that was reflected in what she had to do. Probably the only things she'd need help with were her parents and homesickness among other things, as well as someone to keep the light on for her in her development to become a godtier. Aranea would stay there for her, and she would help her through this. That's how it had to be. That's how it was supposed to be. And that's when Applejack heard the bark as Winona came up the stairs, looking back at her open door with a shocked look and started to say "NO!" as her house was transported to the game through Rarity's help - who had put the deployments in such elegant places that even Applejack was impressed with how she had rearranged everything to fit, despite how cluttered she could've sworn it was. Aranea saw it and thought Rarity could easily be a space player considering her talent at organizing space, while Twilight was skilled at organizing her time spent doing things.

The Land of Integrity and Lies.

Applejack was about to cry at the implications

Applejack's planet was filled to the brim with consorts. It was as crowded here as Japan was on Earth. It reminded her of family reunions, because of how much family she had. But even then her eyes were wide and surprised as she took on the scope of it into her mind. The consorts were rats. Some were dark furred and others were light furred. Everything on her planet seemed extremely sturdy - much sturdier than the Apple farm house. But there was also something else. It was the life. It spread everywhere almost in spite of the rats.

---

In the recent past, but not far.

The inside of Gilda's home - so close to the other Griffons - was filled with players. She was happy that she'd had rich parents and such a big house, otherwise no one would fit. Chiri was paying close attention to his computer on the table, using his hacking equipment to mess with the game, destroying certain lines of code and breaking the rules and messing with them to force them to pick up on a certain signal when installed, so that they'd be able to connect to the signal given off by the ponies. Arrus, the witch of rage, was standing next to him, watching in silence. She had been given the idea in a dream by the lord of muse, and she was relaying the idea to Chiri, who had to move a lot of the game's components in order to make room for his additions. He was very efficient with computers and programs, and knew how to bypass them. After all, he'd been the one to hack the game and make it more available on his own planet in the first place.

The others were relaxing and getting ready for the session, some of them sparring. Chiri called Gilda over and told her it was ready, and that she would be able to deploy her own objects. The disc was like a void now, with components taken out and components put into it. It was like Frankenstein's monster in game form. He was proud of his work; although it had been hard and taken him a lot of time, he had accomplished it, wondering if there were other ways he could test his skill.

Gilda's game was rigged to take the place of one of the ponies' planets and destroy it to make way for her own entrance. None of them would suspect a thing. Chiri's designs ultimately glitched the game copy, but he was able to do what was needed. Gilda twirled Ying's old horn that she had broken off in her talons, intending to use it for a weapon later - just a sort of predator souvenir.

Gilda had been told not to prototype, and listened intently, and felt like someone was playing a sick joke on her when she made her entry item. She looked over at Chiri with a raised brow, who just shrugged. Gilda could feel a mental connection with the game, and seemed to understand who she was, like it was alive. The entry item was a baby griffon, probably not herself. Gilda spit and got ready for what she needed to do, stooping herself down low for multiple reasons. It was time to break everything. She smashed the baby griffon quick, and her house disappeared much to the confusion of the griffons around the area.

The Land of Glitch and Darkness.

Her kernelsprite was jet black, and it coursed with rainbow colors that seemed to grow and fade constantly. It seemed a little static-y. She thought for awhile, Chiri telling her to put in something doomed or dead. Gilda came to a decision quickly, pulling out a recently dead fish and chucking it in and throwing in a tome that Arrus gave her.

It would take a few hours, but soon Snowskeeper would come, guided by the lord of muse, being followed by Lunacy. Gilda would do various things on her land in the meantime to get ready and was given advice by the other players before they spread out and started to map out the planet due to how dark it was. The planet was significantly bigger than the others, but it was hard to tell because the orb was pitch black most of the time.

It was the beginning of the end.