• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 708 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Forumites are Magic - Mx Story Anomalax



Strange meteors have started falling into Equestria. Except these aren't meteors, they're gods.

  • ...
11
 2
 708

Boiling Point

The cloak of void started to thin and disperse before it came back into the cloak and fell to the ground.

Typo swiped Gamarya's fallen captchalogue deck and went with Jordan to go see Gamarya in his final moments. He might destroy laws, but there was no way he was getting away from this one.

Or so Typo hoped.

The celebration had been intense. Typo felt like he had finally achieved something, maybe even repentance. He still felt a drive for power - still feeling helpless - but he knew he could count on his friends. Especially Jordan. The two had a long talk soon after the battle, helping each other with their own problems - getting through the effects of the past - and tried to help each other to stand, so to speak. They had talked a lot. The others were ecstatic and felt like they had just accomplished a divine purpose. Aranea was still out of the scene, but she occasionally came to Twilight for both help and to talk.

Typo felt like something was missing from the whole victory, and his fears would soon be confirmed. Especially because all the players knew that Gamarya was in a dream bubble somewhere - but who knew what he was doing? Typo hoped he was calming down.

In order to make sure Gamarya wouldn't be coming back to life, they had burned Gamarya's body. Typo felt bad about it, still considering Gamarya to be an old friend. But Jordan helped pull him out of the past, trying to get him to focus on the present, just like Typo tried to do for him. Neither could ever feel bad for long when they were in each other's company, occasionally screwing around and wrestling without any powers.

Zecora and Vivere had decided to go with the others into Ponyville due to the fact Zecora didn't feel very safe in her home right now. So she brought some items along with the help of Machine Whisperer and stayed with Twilight and Spike. Machine Whisperer had been studying and tinkering, and had given Zecora a strife specibus and a captchalogue deck. He wasn't aware of what kind of weapon to give Zecora, but Zecora seemed to have something in mind.

One day, many ponies and Typo had seen 3 fireballs coming down to the planet. He wasn't sure who they were and why they were here, but he ignored it for now, not wanting to admit he'd probably have to do more fighting in his life. Part of him still felt bad about killing Gamarya, even if Jordan had been the one to strike the final blow. Typo, not wanting the reminder, gave Gamarya's captchalogue deck to Ying, who decided to put it in his own captachlogue deck for safe keeping.

Kraine and DW were close to entering Ponyville and tried to find a guide. Who they found was Pinkie Pie, seemingly upbeat and cheerful - more than usual, which was most likely her still trying to live up to Rainbow Dash's expectations. It had affected her hard.

But before Kraine and DW could meet up with the others (who had told Pinkie who they were,) The three figures from before had come into Ponyville looking for a fight.

Typo felt their presence and grabbed Jordan to come with him, and saw Vivere along the way, who was taking a stroll in the town with Zecora. He took both of them, knowing a fight would soon be breaking out. He informed them of what he'd felt and they all pulled out their weapons, Vivere taking out a broken mirror. The others looked at him like he was crazy but he humphed and puffed out his chest.

When they got to the outskirts of Ponyville, next to Whitetail Wood, they saw the enemy.

Blaperile, in heir of life clothing, shook his head.

"He didn't tell us we'd be meeting resistance so soon."

Fate chuckled and pushed his glasses back up onto his nose. "You have to remember Blaper, we're destroying the alpha timeline."

Sight grinned. "Well, he seems to have alreay done a bang up job with that from what we've seen."

Blaper laughed. "Of course, of course." Blaper pulled out a laser gun from his captchalogue deck - Sight pulling out a bow and arrow - and Fate pulling out a tarot card deck. Blaperile positioned himself and spoke. "Ready to rumble, runts?"

Jordan glared, Typo getting a little taken aback and putting his hand on Jordan's shoulder for his own benefit, as though to give him strength. He finally pulled out his pinwheel and got ready, as did Vivere. Zecora took some steps back, shaking her head, and feeling fear course through her veins. And it brought something up to her that she had never felt before.

Zecora felt the air around her grow stale and cold, smoke rising up in front of her vision. But she could feel the area around her. She could feel the space - both empty and filled. It was a very weird feeling and it disconcerted her.

Vivere brought up his weapon, aiming it at Blaper who just seemed confused before light flushed out of it and started hitting his body. He jumped out of the way as he felt his face starting to decay and melt in certain places - exactly where the cracks had been. Jordan ran forward, letting out a war cry as Blaper aimed his laser at the mirror and fired, the laser hitting it and sending it into the past, making it useless as Vivere dropped it and it didn't even crack. Vivere was quick tucking it away and running at the others. Typo used his mind power and threw the pinwheel at Sight and Fate, controlling it and using his power of mind to make a dozen pinwheels around the real one; although it appeared to be randomly placed.

Zecora could tell what was going on and felt fear like she'd never felt before. She felt it leak off of her, and she realized that it was clouding the area around her.

Sight backed up and knocked the arrow, before firing it. It disappeared into dimensional space before Sight brought out two more, knocked, and fired. The first arrow had portaled at Jordan, who ducked as it appeared and brought up a vine with bark along it as a shield. The other one went for Typo who was surprised and got hit in the chest. The arrow disappeared, leaving a hole in him that started to bleed. Thankfully it hadn't hit an artery considering you're not supposed to remove objects from your body without a professional. Typo's pain caused the pinwheel to veer off course, going down into the dirt in front of Fate who seemed very nonchalant about the whole thing, as though he was aware of things others weren't.

Vivere was fast, going up straight and personal with Blaper, who couldn't fire his gun, having sensed the presence of the space arrow and ducking under it as it appeared. The pile of fists was too much for Blaper to take, every time he got hit the small part of his body turning into a black cloud. He tried to push Vivere away but was unable to.

The scholar of fate brought out a card. It was XIII, death. He threw it at Vivere who seemed to not even sense it. It hit him and he felt weak, falling to the ground on his knees and falling to his side, hyperventilating. His head was ready to burst from all the extra information that seemed to delve deep into his psyche.

Zecora screamed, and her emotions flowed, especially her fear. She galloped up, pulling one of the jars from her captchalogue deck and threw it at Fate. Fate didn't expect it as the jar crashed against him, releasing a torrent of acid that made him cry out, quickly eating through his clothing and damaging skin and muscle. He stepped back, noticing that Zecora was trapped in a cloud of void before that void grew and ate up Vivere, Jordan, and Typo, and then it expanded from there. Fate took out another tarot, the blindfold tarot, and used the sharp edges to cut into his skin, covering it in a little bit of his blood. He threw it into the void and cracks of light crackled in it as it started to become unstable. Zecora felt this and stood stock still, angling herself in such a way she appeared similar to an unicorn trying to cast a powerful spell. Zecora felt something inside of her awaken, her eyes going white as her natural leylines corresponding with her latent aspect. Her mind emptied, like meditation, and pushed. She pushed hard. But it wasn't at the level of a god tier. The cloud shattered as Vivere got up and enveloped Blaper, going at him like a berserker, fists striking flesh and destroying space. Sight was getting worried and took steps back, despite how calm Fate was, and started firing arrows at Vivere and Jordan who was going head to head with Fate. Typo brought out support by trying to hit Sight with the pinwheel, but he always seemed to be out of reach, Typo's mind powers not working against him.

Fate brought out another card, so durable that it hit Jordan's sword with a loud clang. Fate looked directly into his eyes, which completely unnerved Jordan. His expression changed, his bared teeth looking uncertain and his eyebrows raising. It was the bull card. The scholar of fate smiled and used his flying ability to put extra pressure on Jordan. He pushed his sword back and spun around, trying to chop through Jordan's waist, but he'd jumped backwards and fell into a backwards somersault, Fate's momentum carrying him forward. Jordan brought his legs up during his somersault, flinging Fate back.

Fate noticed from the corner of his eye that Zecora's eyes were still white, and even though there wasn't a cloud around her she seemed to be doing something still. Something that caused her mane and tail to frizzle, her black stripes glowing slightly.

Jordan came up onto his feet, pushing himself up into a jump and twisting around to meet Fate who came at him again. Their weapons met and met again, both unrelenting forces. Jordan wasn't one to give up, especially when he knew the consequences. Jordan started to gain ground, pushing Fate backwards towards Ponyville before he felt something jab into his back. Then two things. He cried out and fell forward, dropping his sword as he began to bleed from his back.

Fate smirked and was about to chop off Jordan's head before he could recover from the back attack. But a pinwheel went flying and clashed with the card. It sounded like a razor scraping against metal. Typo was aware that Sight was doing something else and brought his hand up, taking some of Jordan's power and forcing a thick vine to erupt from his other hand that went so fast it knocked Sight over.

Fate pulled out another card, seeing that Blaperile was having trouble with Vivere before taking out another card and throwing it toward Blaper. It was a cloud card. Blaper felt it coming and grabbed it, feeling his aspect strengthen. He brought both hands out as Vivere rushed him again and grew the grass around him, quickly tangling Vivere in it who cried out, trying to destroy the space and slowly getting out. Blaper looked to Fate who was battling a pinwheel and a sword, getting the message and running back. They hadn't expected to win, but they'd come close. And not only that, they had helped slow down the players and keeping them from talking with the Princesses as the alpha timeline deemed important.

Sight took the opportunity to fire four more arrows, two going to Jordan's back which Typo felt and had to deflect as two arrows hit him. He cried out and fell to the ground, more bleeding wounds. It wasn't much blood, but it was becoming enough to make him light-headed.

Sight fired one more arrow, this one going straight for the back of Jordan's skull. It pierced, and Jordan fell to the ground, his doom and life tearing apart his body so he could come out fresh. Fate took the moment to run away with Sight. Jordan was weary and made his way over to Typo who was in pain. Jordan's real hand glowed with heat and light, and he held it over Typo's wounds, slowly closing them over a period of a minute or two each. Vivere watched them get away as he struggled with the tangling grass, before Jordan helped by weakening the grass so he could get his hands free and "cut" himself out.

Zecora fell to the ground, completely spent.

And that's when Kraine spoke. "Nice moves there, kids."

Kraine smiled. "We've been looking for you all."

Jordan was first, captchaloguing his sword. "Who are you?"

Kraine brought her arms up over her chest. "Players just like you." She motioned at Doctor Whooves on her side. "We were told there were brave creatures around here that would make good players.

Jordan immediately thought of the ponies that he'd been adventuring with, and now Zecora displaying an aspect, putting two and two together. "Well, you came to the right place. There are at least 7 potential players here.

Kraine seemed confused. "Seven? Why isn't it an even number?" Jordan answered saying he didn't know - glitch maybe? Vivere hung Zecora over his back and told them that Zecora was most likely destined to be a player. He informed them of what he had learned about Machine Whisperer and how he seemed like he'd be a player, especially because he was technologically proficient. Jordan added that there was probably an eighth player, but she was dead. Getting an idea he explained about how Machine Whisperer had been found, and he figured he must be a substitute for Rainbow Dash.

This seemed to confuse Kraine further. She motioned for them to come with her, already knowing where Twilight lived. She pointed to Jordan and asked him if he could go get the others and bring them to the library. Jordan nodded, and focused on the ground underneath him, a giant flower blossoming with a symbol inside for transportalizer. And he was gone.

Author's Note:

Not sure how I feel about this chapter.