• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 706 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Forumites are Magic - Mx Story Anomalax



Strange meteors have started falling into Equestria. Except these aren't meteors, they're gods.

  • ...
11
 2
 706

Time and Expectations

They made their way into the forest, Applejack taking point out of bravery - and she just trotted faster than the others were walking; although Jordan was right behind her and seemed to walk in her gait and step. He felt butterflies in his stomach. He was about to do something heroic, even if it cost them their lives. But they couldn't afford to die here, otherwise who would take on Gamarya? He remembered Rainbow Dash, and felt his emotions soar. He was going to take more responsibility. He was going to protect everyone - all of life. That was his mission. That was what he had grown so much to do. He was going to be a hero, but not for the sake of being a hero. He was going to be a hero for the sake of all those who were powerless against any threat.

It was quick the way the flowers twisted and fired poisonous thorns at the party. Jordan's emotions soared even higher as he felt more responsibility weigh on his shoulders. He felt the power surge through his body and threw his remaining hand forward, tree vines reinforced with bark coming out like armor grew out of the earth, a risk of tripping over, but it was only enough to defend. He used some of the other vines that came out to squeeze around all the flowers they came across and pulled the flowers out of the ground, killing them but leaving the seed so that they would regrow (hopefully not fast due to all the influence of doom on their limits/laws.) A tree started to move suddenly, and started to grow arms, pulling itself out of the ground and towering over ten feet. It pulled out some smaller, weaker, newer trees and threw them at the heroes. Applejack ducked - knowing she couldn't buck those without hurting herself - and Typo came up, uncaptchaloging his breath pinwheel, using some of the breath to throw it forward and used the breath to control it in the air as it spun like a saw blade slicing through the hard bark and quickly chopping up the tree ogre with ease. For about ten minutes this went on - very similar. When they came to a clearing they saw three people waiting for them.

It was time.

---

Things were going easy. Much easier than Smeareyes had expected. Stealth really paid off. He'd severed the hive mind connection of one of the changelings who had started leading them around. The changeling was very uncertain of how he felt about this, but at the same time he was given a freedom - a freedom that felt like he could go wherever he wanted without being too concerned of his brothers. The freedom allowed his own powers to manifest themselves more than it had in the other changelings. He felt power like he had never felt before, and he owed it all to Smeareyes. He figured they were going to split up after all this, but he also felt that soon he would go on his own journey and get love some other way - not a way he knew how yet, but he was hopeful. More so for his future than the future of the hive. He chittered to the group behind him, letting them know they were almost there. This changeling was quick and he had a knack for coming up with plans on the spot. Had fate not put him in the role of worker, maybe he could have achieved something greater. As the changeling thought about it, he smiled for the first time in a long time.

"So, do you have a name?" Smeareyes whispered into the changelings ear.

The changeling shook his head, "no, this one does not have a name. They do not spare creative names for one as lowly as this one."

"You mean a worker, right?"

"Correct."

Vark came up to him and patted his back and whispered in his ear. "Everyone deserves a name, even if it isn't unique."

The changeling looked worried. "Can you give me a name?"

Vark smiled and nearly shouted, "sure. I'm sure Smeareyes can help too."

Smeareyes brought his hand to his chin and looked up in thought. "Well, what kinds of things do you like to do in your spare time?"

The changeling smiled. "We rarely ever have spare time, but this one has a knack for tinkering with small machines. This one also likes to gossip."

Smeareyes and Vark looked at each other and smiled. Pinkie Pie butted in, leaning close and whispering in his ear. "Ooh! I know, we'll call you Machine Whisperer."

The changeling felt something inside of him swell to large proportions, having an ear-splitting smile. He felt ecstatic. "Thank you kind ones." Machine felt like this was the start of something wonderful.
-
Phynicxs was having a hard time with this guy. Again. He blocked with his daggers constantly and was nearly getting hit. He slid backwards on the blood as he fought, trying to gain ground while fighting. Occasionally he would use the excess blood he carried in order to try and swipe at Chiri and get in a good hit or two. But he always missed. This guy was like lightning, every movement seeming to defy reality. His reaction speed was higher than anything Phynicxs had ever seen and it was getting better. The clang of metal knuckle on dagger was ringing out. The display of martial prowess had intimidated any changelings that even THOUGHT of entering the fray.

But the good part is he was close to Thunderhead. And that's when he heard the crackle of electricity.

---

Machine would protect them. He felt like the connections to his heritage had been severed to some degree. Like he could be his own changeling now. He wasn't sure which was better, to be connected or not. But Machine liked new experiences, and this was as new as they came. New emotions he had never felt before rose up through his being. They were near to the throne room. Near to the witch of heart.

Fluttershy was halfway to reaching them again, feeling a courage from these adventures with these new ponies - no, not ponies - people. Something inside of her felt different, but at the same time she still felt her old emotions and her old insecurities and her old shyness and everything else. It was a weird feeling, and Fluttershy kind of liked it. Phynicxs had taught her a stealth trick or two and it was helping her get by the changelings easily. Occasionally she'd come by a prison and she'd mention to them that she'd find a way to get them out. She felt purpose inside of her, much like the purpose and security she found in taking care of animals.
-
The crack of thunder was pounding and it rend Phynicxs' ears into deathly silence except for the loud ringing. He hoped it was temporary. It probably was.

The strike of thunder had nearly hit Chiri and had surprised him. Seeing the new opponent, Chiri decided to flee. Thunderhead was about to go after them but Phynicxs shouted for him to wait and come down - he had a plan, even if he couldn't hear himself talk and yell.

When Thunderhead got down to Phynicxs, the rogue of blood spoke really loudly, which amused Thunderhead and he took it as it came, knowing that his ears were probably damaged. Even if only for a little while.

Phynicxs explained his plan and jumped onto Thunderhead, who took to the sky immediately. He roared loudly, trying to draw the attention of nearby changelings. Killing them would suck, but Phynicxs believed it had to be done. He needed more blood if he intended to get into the city and cause a big enough distraction.

It was a long and tiring battle, Phynixcs skating over Thunderhead's body so fast to get to different changelings that he almost seemed rooted into the dragon's minor gravity. He pulled all the blood he obtained into a sphere next to him, absorbing as much blood into it as he could. When he was finished he shouted for Thunderhead to go, who zoomed forward quickly, Phynicxs clinging on to his back as much as he could. When they got to the city limits the buzzing started. And it just got worse from there. Changelings were everywhere, and they just kept coming, like a moving, insurmountable wall. Phynics would probably have to take awhile before following his friends. He shouted to Thunderhead to get ready, which made him start crackling electricity as the huge sphere of blood splattered down onto the dragon and started to flow all over him, covering nearly all of his body. And once that happened, Thunderhead tried something new, something Phynicxs had theorized. He swallowed the energy in his mouth and, being Thunderhead, tried to push it into his body, which started crackling. As the changelings came in the blood on the dragon rippled harshly before thrusting out with a ton of spikes stabbing into changelings in random locations. Some spikes missed, and many would die, but this was better than the alternative of letting this harsh reality to continue. Phynicxs accepted that, and was glad Ying wasn't with him. From what he knew of Fluttershy, she probably would have had more severe problems with it than Ying would.

---

This was the time. This was the time to prove to himself that he'd become better than what he once was. He was going to trust and this time not give in. You're only as strong as your mind. Typo was ready for this. He called out to Auryie and questioned her fealty after what had happened.

Auryie looked sad as the prince of hope guffawed. "Oh I forgot to mention, if you side with Gamarya he'll let you be with Auryie forever."

Typo softened, then looked to Applejack, and hardened again. "Nice try, but I'll do this my own way." He uncaptchalogued the pinwheel and started spinning it extremely close to his body, getting ready to let it loose on the enemies. Auryie took a step forward, uncaptchaloguing her ring blade and spinning it around somewhat faster than the pinwheel was going. Auryie mentioned she held back, but this time she couldn't and wouldn't. Something crossed her eyes, causing them to glaze over. "Your battle is with me Typo."

Typo frowned heavily. He'd have to fight his own girlfriend. And really, considering what was going on, he felt like this was his responsibility. Thinking for a second he nodded. "Jordan, go for the prince of hope. Ying, go for the griffon. Applejack, aid Jordan." He remembered how effective Ying had been against Gilda, and figured that Jordan and Applejack, while not having the advantage, could take on Illusive.

Illusive laughed harder. "You really think a measly knight of life can put a stop to me? And that pony? I'm sorry, but this battle isn't going to have the same result as last time." Illusive hardened. "You all die here and now."

Gilda grinned and looked at Ying. "I agree with hope boy over there, this isn't going to end the same way." Gilda had on bloodied bandages around her waist, and what had once been her tail was now a nub. The hole had been healed partially, but it was still very sensitive and easy to damage.

Typo softened again, but this time he screamed and charged at Auryie. His thief of muse powers went quick as he stole some of Auryie's maid of mind powers, using them so that this would be a matter of weapons and not aspect. He brought his right hand around, the pinwheel going with it as it spun and slashed it against Auryie's rinblade. The clang was loud and it sounded like two buzzsaws had gotten caught together. They were blown back from each other but started flying and went at each other yelling. Typo through his pinwheel around circling it around to get at her from behind. He brought his fist up, looking like he was about to fight her hand to hand, but dropped to the ground in a roll as Auryie got closer, looking surprise. As soon as his weight went to his hands, he pushed up, thrusting his left leg out and catching Auryie in the gut. She grunted and was sent flying back. The wind was knocked out of her but she was ready for more. She glared and started spinning her ring blade again, hearing the sound behind her and twisted, doing a ballerina spin. It almost looked as though she wasn't even hanging onto her blade - that's how good with it she was. It hit the pinwheel and knocked it away causing it to wobble before the breath was able to pick it up again. Typo quickly brought it back and closed in again as Auryie finished her spin.

Jordan was fast, bringing out Letum Coupant and holding it in his remaining hand. He cried out and started going blow to blow with Illusive. Illusive snickered, "what, only one hand? There's no way you can win." He saw Applejack coming and fell back, somersaulting backwards and bringing his leg up to kick away Jordan's blade as Applejack turned and was about to buck Illusive in the gut. Illusive bent his other leg at the knee, giving it more room to maneuver and thrust it out, catching Applejack by the stomach. As Illusive went backwards he used his other foot to fling Applejack back into the forest. Jordan felt his determination waver but he hardened, thinking of Rainbow Dash and her loyalty and guts to not give up. He rushed at the prince again, throwing his blade foward so that when Illusive stood up he'd get caught in the chest with it. Jordan somersaulted and vaulted himself forward with his hands, twisting in the air and forming a flying side kick. Illusive had felt it coming and had batted it away with his axe's handle. He was, however, caught in the gut when Jordan's kick was fully realized. Illusive doubled over as Jordan caught himself with his other leg and brought it around to back hook kick Illusive to the side. He felt this one coming too and brought his axe up to hit his leg away and was successful. It caused Jordan to take a tumble. Illusive was about to raise the axe and get close to make the finishing blow, smirking, but felt something kick into his back and send him flying forward a little. He caught himself in flight and twisted around, using a free hand to bat away one of Applejack's hoof-strikes.

Ying was fast. He pretty much just slid right up to Gilda and was about to slash from top right to bottom left across Gilda but was surprised when part of her body turned blue and just seemed to get swiped at. Gilda quickly materialized and threw herself forward onto Ying, digging her claws into Ying's shoulders. He cried out and finally noticed the anklet on Gilda's front left leg. Gilda leaned back and threw her head forward, headbutting Ying hard, almost knocking him out. Ying saw stars and felt himself falling backwards as Gilda had relieved her hold on him. Gilda jumped forward and was about to sink her talons into Ying's stomach, but he rolled to his left and brought his right leg up and kicked her away as her talons dug into the ground.

---

Thunderhead was able to power his way into the city pretty easily. The bloods' powers were scaring many changelings but some kept trying to attack anyway, as though they felt that if they kept trying, sooner or later one would see a weakness. But many changelings had already tried and failed. Talk about narrowing out a population. And the blood that the changelings shed just made the blood armor worse.

Phynicxs pointed Thunderhead towards the largest building and waited for a lull in the changelings before powering up some electricity, and firing it, tilting his head from up to down in order to leave a deep scar in the tower. Phynicxs told Thunderhead he only had a few minutes to get out of the city before the blood armor would stop working and start to either dry or slide off. Thunderhead mentioned his thanks as Phynicxs jumped down and used some nearby blood to slide his way into the building and follow Smeareyes' path.

Author's Note:

Leave a comment if you're enjoying the story, please.