• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 708 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Forumites are Magic - Mx Story Anomalax



Strange meteors have started falling into Equestria. Except these aren't meteors, they're gods.

  • ...
11
 2
 708

Lord of Muse

Razedd and the others looked at each other, each looking just as frightened. They'd never heard of anything like this happening before. And that voice sounded sinister. What choice did they have? None of them were courageous enough to either question this evil figure or to even deny it. They definitely didn't want to be killed twice. Except for Chiri - he sounded confident.

"I am the knight of doom. I have cheated a just death many times. What makes you so special?" The figure laughed deeply, already taking a liking to Chiri.

"Believe me when I say a double death is as easy as a snap of the fingers. And you can fight as long as you want Chiri, but sooner or later you will succumb to greater powers than you. And I doubt you'd want to leave Illusive to fend for himself." Illusive looked really worried, but bowed, attempting to speak for all of them, including Chiri who was shocked senseless at the confidence in the "demon's" voice, not to mention how it knew his name.

Illusive spoke. "We will serve you unquestioningly."

"Good. Your first task is to seek out the witch of rage here on that planet, and then to enter the pony's session using Gilda."

Everyone but Chiri bowed, still curious, but only a little confident. "Why can't we just kill the others?"

The "demon" chuckled and asked them how that went last time. He informed them that they would need to try harder next time, as he wasn't one to accept constant failure. He told them that the ponies entering would be inevitable, and so would their journey, but the alpha timeline stopped after your battle with the others. Continuing, he told them that they would likely have to attack the ponies and the others who went with them occasionally to slow them down. The "demon" was invisible, but they all felt him wave his hand, telling them to go away. And they did, unintentionally. They flew back, waking up in the Everfree Forest, all of them with healed bodies, except for Razedd, who had an extremely difficult time accessing his time powers. They were all shaken up, as though the fear of God had been put into them. They would first seek out the witch of rage, and then they would find Gilda and Tune.

---

The discussion had taken awhile. It was mostly between a level-headed Twilight with Jordan and Typo. The room was a disaster and there would be a lot of work to clean it up. Ying was quick in releasing those from their impenetrable stasis with a handy little device he'd made along with his second favorite sword. Pinkie was depressed, but Vark told her it was a grand party and that everyone had lots of fun and that she was sure Rainbow Dash would be proud of her. The discussion went along the lines of how many more players would end up coming here guided by the lord of doom. Typo wasn't sure and was starting to get worried that there would end up being another attack, even if it wasn't as many. Typo and Jordan were well aware as to what levels some players went to to succeed in their mission, finish their quest, or complete a job. Typo and Jordan decided, while everyone else tried to relax, that they would go into the forest tonight and take care of Gamarya once and for all. They believed they could do it. Their hope was soaring, and Typo felt for the first time ever that he'd have a chance in doing this with the help of his new friends. And he smiled when he thought of them as new friends, looking back to Auryie and hoping she was proud of him. And he had a very large feeling that she was, and that she was watching over him this very moment.
-
As they delved further into the forest, the heroes noted that the doom was starting to get reclusive. Most dark spots left them alone, and any who felt courageous enough were soon killed by Jordan in varying methods, be it through his sword, the telekinesis in his hand, and his own life powers. Typo felt the presence of two players coming toward them. He reached out with his mind and knew one was a Rogue of Time and the other was a Prince of Time. He told the others about this and told them to get ready. And that's when Typo felt it. The two in front of them had stopped and it lasted minutes, as though they both knew they were coming. But then he felt a surge in players - many surrounding them at once, all of them holding the time of another, as though they were made with time and not an actual time loop. The two came forward.

"I was never a mortal. I always had all the time in the world. But you seven don't."

The Prince of Time came out, looking young but mature. And then next to him came the original rogue of time. He was dressed really sharply.

"I'm aware you haven't much time left, but I thought I'd mention to you we're Jim and Kaotic. You die here. Tonight. Our master wills it." Kaotic was using a long cue stick as a cane, and Jim was holding a longsword. "And now your time has ended."

The seven heroes felt something tugged on, and realized it was something that had been with them ever since godtier. Their immortality. Or, rather, their immortality to time. It was yanked away, and Jim and Kaotic put their hands together, red light fillling the air, before cracking and shattering. Their immortality to age was gone. Permanently.

Everyone readied their weapons, all of them still not quite used to fighting together. Typo told them two at a time in case someone hit another by mistake, and for the others to take down the other rogues of time. Gia and Jordan stepped forward, both bringing out their weapons. Jordan was the next to speak as Smeareyes pulled out his time chakrams. "You're right, the time ends now. But it's not our time that's up."

Jim, feeling confident, told them the secret of his sword. It was imbued with the power of muse. The heroes looked to each other, Typo seeming surprised. None of them understood the implications of this, and that made Jim smile. He liked being in the know.

Gia let out a fierce cry of war before slashing open the space in front of her and jumping inside. Neither enemy were seers of space or time, but Jim had something better. He focused on his longsword, pointing it to where Gia had just been, and made his own scratch in space, jumping right in. Kaotic was extremely calm and in control, the same with all the clones he had made out of the time he had taken from Jim's limitless supply of time. Kaotic saw Jordan coming at him with Letum Coupant and just sort of stood there, until nearly the last second, side-stepping Jordan and grasping his cue stick, flicking it up and knocking Jordan's chin so hard he almost bit off his tongue, and was raised into the air while he moved forward. But the forward motion ceased as the cue stick's length jammed into his throat, causing him to fall to the ground, unable to breathe, and feeling his lights quickly fade. He thought of Rainbow Dash and of this planet, and felt power surge through him, his will increasing as much as his life did. Jordan's body started to split apart at the skin before the "reincarnated" Jordan tried to push himself up and out, messy with blood. Kaotic whistled, impressed, but quickly took back control by bringing his cue stick down on top of Jordan's back, slamming him into the ground with enough force to nearly break his spine. Jordan had the wind knocked out of him as he tried to get up.

"Hm. You're pretty persistent." He stepped over to Jordan and lifting him up by the hair, pulling hard. "But you can't escape death." Kaotic pulled the cuestick up and aimed it at his heart, before letting it blow. A laser ripped out of the cuestick and pierced right through Jordan's body, heating everything enough to cauterize, but it had gone through his heart. Jordan started hyperventilating, feeling himself die as Kaotic looked disturbingly into his eyes, waiting for the light and time to leave, absorbing the time for himself.
-
Phynicxs had just finished taking out one of the time clones, being pretty superior in a fight with her daggers and close range combat than Kaotic ever would be with his cuestick. Phynicxs rushed at Kaotic, using the blood from the clone and bringing it all with her, using some of the blood to skate on.
-
Gia was surprised, and jumped back when she saw Jim come through his own rip in space, smirking. He brought the longsword up, encasing it with mind and heart powers. Gia readied herself.
-
Phynicxs sent her spiked tendrils of blood careening at Kaotic, who looked bored and used the time powers he'd absorbed from Jordan to stop the time around the blood, doing the same thing to Phynicxs' skates, trapping her and her legs in place. Phynicxs realized what was about to happen, and grimaced. Ying saw this, wielding both swords to stasis some of the clones and ripping space out of the others, noticing that these ones weren't as smart or effective as the real one appeared to be. Kaotic was still holding Jordan up as he died. Ying was fast, blurring into motion as he jumped at Kaotic who looked a little surprised but did no more than point the cuestick at Ying and fire, going straight through his skull and into his brain. Ying's movement gave him momentum but he just fell to the floor dead. Phynicxs almost screamed.

Gia could tell she was outmatched, her heart and mind screaming out from the damage the sword's aspects were leaking into her mind and soul. Jim smiled, a true prince. He brought the longsword around and let it cut through Gia's torso who cried out as her upper half fell to the ground. She was worried - extremely - especially about how Spike was going to get by without her around. She had found a place that she wanted to be, and now it was being taken away from her. Jim pulled up the blade, letting his time powers go into it, and brought it down on Gia's heart. She stopped moving immediately, her time destroyed.

Typo was having difficulties of his own, being surrounded by multiple time clones at the same time. His mind powers helped even things out as he tried to hit them in vulnerable locations in order to take them down easier. Every time he did he tried to take a little bit of the time in each body, not quite effective at it but coming close.

Smeareyes was having a field day. Every time the chakrams cut through a clone, they disappeared immediately and always screamed as it happened, as though their soul were being torn apart.

Vark was also holding her own, dancing and singing, using a little bit of the sound in her leg to temporarily disable some of the others. She was singing a song of heart and would use her energy to pull some of the clones to her before bringing her other paw around to go right through one of the clones. It was dirty, but it had to happen.

Every time a clone died, it seemed to melt into the earth.

Phynicxs was scared, bringing her daggers up to try and defend herself. And then an idea came to her as Kaotic dumped Jordan's body to the ground and walked over toward Phynicxs. She looked scared, trying to not show off that she had a simple plan. And when Kaotic got close enough, Phynicxs looked right into his eyes, Kaotic's body growing paralyzed for a moment before Phynicxs pulled the blood from Ying and Jordan's bodies, using the blood and forming it into tendrils, snaking it deep into the light on Kaotic's chest, who looked extremely curious and surprised. And Phynicxs pulled it out, grinning that maybe she'd win.

But it was just a tie. A very long tie. But just a tie. Phynicxs was struck with shock, before she started to deny it, but then an idea came to her, looking at Kaotic who was laughing and drawing attention. Phynicxs grabbed both ends, threw it over Kaotic's head, quickly twisted it, and pulled. Hard. Kaotic was so surprised he dropped his cue stick to the ground, his face already growing blue. He tried to untighten it, but Phynicxs was a force to be reckoned with, getting angry and pulling it even tighter as Kaotic was about to pass out. Phynicxs was aware you had to keep it tight until brain activity stopped - she wasn't stupid. But then she felt something pierce through her back. She tried to turn around and saw Jim grimacing before lopping off her head fast enough that Phynicxs was still trying to understand what just happened. Kaotic fell to the ground, wheezing, crawling over and absorbing Ying's time. Jim made his way over to Phynicxs who was about to black out, brought his blade up, focused on his time powers, and thrust it down through Phynicxs' face.

Typo was having a difficult time, normally only used to using a few aspects and/or abilities at once. But he needed to speed this up, catching sight of his falling friends. He uncaptchalogued the pinwheel, using the breath and sending it soaring through the time clones, using his subconscious to drive it as he absorbed the time from the dead ones before they could melt, his mind power playing tricks on the others.

Vark, Typo, and Smeareyes were the only ones left. Smeareyes saw the murder of Phynicxs and screamed, rage overcoming him. He sliced through the last few clones on his end and started running after Jim and Kaotic, who had picked up his cuestick. Kaotic shot rounds of lasers at Smeareyes but he either dodged them with ninja skills or swiped the chakrams across it, cutting them out from time. Jim seemed worried at this development and both enemies stepped back, Typo almost done on his end and Vark close to finishing up.

Smeareyes jumped into the air, putting away the chakrams and pulling out ten shuriken, sending them right at the two enemies, two or three of the shuriken hitting each other in order to bounce to a certain spot, Smeareyes' own battlefield tactics coming to mind. Smeareyes started flying and pulled out the chakrams again, getting up right close to them and starting to slash at them. Kaotic moved back multiple times and getting hit by a few shuriken, shooting lasers at Smeareyes who swiped them out of time.

Typo finished up and started going for the two time players, bringing the pinwheel close to him and throwing it at them. Jim and Kaotic were peppered with shuriken, nearly being taken out by them hitting the sweet spots. They jumped into the air to dodge the pinwheel and Vark flew up to them, starting to kick at them with lengthened strikes from her aspect. They didn't see this coming and were knocked out of the air. Smeareyes dived toward them and cut off their heads with the chakrams.

---

The Lord of Muse was growing impatient. And at the same time he was proud of the two time players before him. They were apologetic. And had they done anything less he would have removed them from service. To anyone. Permanently. Instead, he recognized their accomplishment. The current alpha timeline had dictated that the two would lose quickly due to not having enough power. But they had used their granted abilities - their godtiers - to change what was supposed to happen. Using the power the Lord of Muse had given them. They had nearly taken out four godtier players. Had it not been for the thief of muse. The Lord of Muse, though knowing who Typo was and was going to be, knew he would have to be taken out if the alpha timeline was to be successfully altered for Lord English (LE) to screw up the timeline enough to get in and ruin everything from the beginning, or the end. Whichever side LE chose to take. He sent them back to the world of the living with the instructions to find the other players that he had sent to do his will. Celestia and Luna having accomplished their session; although much different from the current version, had messed up everything. Sometimes knowledge was power. He was aware that Jim and Kaotic would be staying behind while the others went into the session, along with a hindrance and one of his other servants getting in to nearly screw up their session and keep it from being successful. It was time for the bad guys to win.