• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 2,229 Views, 50 Comments

Diamond Tiara The Not So Friendly Ghost - SuperPinkBrony12



Diamond Tiara is a ghost and it's up to the CMC to make her go away.

  • ...
4
 50
 2,229

Confrontation

There it was, clear as day. There could be no doubting it now. Diamond Tiara really was dead, and somehow this had gone completely unnoticed until now.

"I know what you're all thinking." Time Turner said "You're thinking 'Why didn't we know about this sooner?'. Well from what little I know this was copied and delivered. But most ponies usually tend hear about important deaths from word of mouth. And Filthy Rich said nothing."

"Why?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid." Time Turner said "I believe it might be because he was distracted by his grief, but I can't be sure."

"Well thanks anyway." Sweetie Belle said "Is it alright if we borrow this for a little bit?"

"Normally I'd say no to anything from the archives." Time Turner said sternly "But considering we were only hanging onto this until we got an official death certificate I suppose there's no harm. Just make sure you bring it back."

"Will do Mr. Time Turner." Scootaloo said.

"Is there anything else you girls need?" Time Turner asked.

"Nope. We're good." Scootaloo said.

"Glad to hear it." Time Turner said "And remember, if anyone asks I never showed you anything."

"We'll keep in that mind." Apple Bloom said as the fillies left town hall.

"There we go. Safe and secure." Scootaloo said as she stashed the newspaper in her saddle bag.

"So what do we do now?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"We go right to the source." Apple Bloom said.

"You don't mean" Sweetie Belle said

"I do." Apple Bloom said "We're going to have a little chit chat with Mr. Rich."

"But what if he doesn't want to talk us?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Considering how horrible he looked I don't think that will be a problem." Apple Bloom said, jumping into the wagon "Let's go Scootaloo!"

"Right!" Scootaloo said "Hang on tight!" And the CMC sped away. Their destination, the Tiara family mansion. Their goal, to confrot Filthy Rich with the truth they had uncovered and demand an explanation. A simple and straightfoward plan.

But they didn't get the chance to implement it. For on the way who should they run into? Why none other then Diamond Tiara of course.

This was even better for the CMC. Now they could ask their supposedly dead nemesis, and hopefully she would have the answes they needed. And perhaps they might even find a way to put things right, which would make Filthy Rich very happy.

"Don't you lame-o blank flanks ever watch where you're going?!" Diamond Tiara snapped "You could've killed me!"

"Oh I don't think that would've been possible." Scootaloo said.

"What are you talking about?!" Diamond Tiara asked.

"We couldn't have killed you even if we wanted to." Sweetie Belle said "Because we know the truth."

"The truth? What truth?! I'm not in the mood for games!" Diamond Tiara snapped.

"We couldn't have killed you because you're already dead." Apple Bloom explained "As a matter of fact you've been dead for the past two weeks."

Diamond Tiara was silent for a moment, then as one might've expected she laughed. "I swear you blank flanks really had me going there for a moment." she said in between fits of laughs "But explain this to me, if I was already dead then why am I still alive?"

"We don't know the answer to that." Apple Bloom said.

"And that right there prooves that you blank flanks are mistaken." Diamond Tiara said "It's not like you have anything that clearly states I'm dead."

"Funny you should mention that Diamond Tiara." Scootaloo said with a smirk "Because we actually do."

Diamond Tiara wasn't laughing anymore "Really?" she asked with a gulp.

"Oh yes." Scootaloo said, digging into her saddle bag and pulling out the copy of The Ponyville Express. She quickly flipped through the pages, stopping on the deaths section. "Right here!" she said, pointing towards the printed inscription of Diamond Tiara. "You can't deny that!"

"So, you know." Diamond Tiara said, her voice no longer had its usual snobby tone. It sounded much more serious.

"Indeed we do." Sweetie Belle said "And that can only mean one thing. You're a ghost!"

There was a pregnant silence as "Diamond Tiara" stood there, her mouth hanging wide open. The CMC didn't know what to think.

"I guess there's no point in trying to deny it." Diamond Tiara said "I AM a ghost. I never would've thought that you blank flanks would be the ones to figure it out though."

"Well now that we know who you are why don't you tell us why you're haunting your dad?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I can't tell you that." Diamond Tiara said.

"Whatever it is we promise not to tell," Sweetie Belle said.

"No I mean it, I can't tell you." Diamond Tiara said.

"Nonsense." Scootaloo said.

"It's not nonsense. It's one of the rules of being a ghost." Diamond Tiara said "You can never tell anyone what you're doing or why you're haunting someone. If you do you are cursed to forever remain a ghost and never be allowed to move on to the afterlife."

"I don't see why that's so bad." Scootaloo said "You'd love to stay and make fun of us for being blank flanks. So why not tell us now and end this charade?"

"You clearly don't know me as well as you might think." Diamond Tiara said "I actually want to leave this world. I want to be able to move on, to finally be able to know peace. But my time is running out."

"What do you mean?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"We ghosts have a strict time line to determine whether or not we're allowed to leave." Diamond Tiara explained "And it just so happens that the deadline for me is tomorrow night."

"So why didn't you tell us you were a ghost?" Apple Bloom asked "If you had then we could've helped you out."

"I didn't want to have to depend on you blank flanks!" Diamond Tiara said "But it looks like I have no other choice. You must find out why I'm still around by tomorrow night, or I'll be stuck as a ghost forever."

"I guess we can help you." Apple Bloom said "If only so we won't have to put up with your constant teasing."

"Good." Diamond Tiara said "Now leave here at once!"

"Why?" Scootaloo asked.

"Rule number 1 about being a ghost is that no one must see you when the moon rises." Diamond Tiara said "For that is when we transform."

"And let me guess, breaking that rule means you can't leave this world right?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Yes." Diamond Tiara said "Now shoo!" And the CMC did so.