• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 2,221 Views, 50 Comments

Diamond Tiara The Not So Friendly Ghost - SuperPinkBrony12



Diamond Tiara is a ghost and it's up to the CMC to make her go away.

  • ...
4
 50
 2,221

How It Happened

The CMC blinked. Surely their eyes were playing tricks on them. But when they looked again the words were still there.

But there was no way they could be true. Diamond Tiara was alive and well, her constant taunting of them was proof enough.

So then why exactly did this tombstone say she was dead? And for that matter just what was going on?

"This has got to be some sort of prank." Scootaloo said "Okay Diamond Tiara very funny, you win. You can come out now." There was no reply. Scootaloo wasn't convinced "Look we're scared okay. You can come out and laugh at us. Make fun of us for falling for this." But again there was no reply.

"Come on Diamond Tiara stop fooling around!" Sweetie Belle said "The joke's over. You don't have to hide from us any longer." Still there was nothing.

"This isn't funny anymore Diamond Tiara!" Apple Bloom shouted "You're gonna scare us half to death if you don't show yourself right now! I know you can hear us!" But even then there was nothing but silence. The CMC slowly began to realize that this wasn't a joke. And that could mean only one thing.

Diamond Tiara was dead and yet somehow the CMC had not been made aware of the fact. Now one might think that the CMC would be happy to learn that the filly who made their lives miserable was no longer around, but in reality they were a bit saddened. If only because even they felt Diamond Tiara didn't deserve to die young.

But if she was dead then how could she still be alive and kicking? And for that record how could she keep insulting them? Something was not right and one way or another the CMC were going to find out what that something was.

"Let's get out of this creepy place." Apple Bloom said

"Thank Celestia." Sweetie Belle said "For a moment there I thought I was going to wet myself in fright."

Normaly Scootaloo would've made a fairly lighthearted jab at Sweetie Belle being afraid, but under the circumstances she was in no mood for jokes. And although she wouldn't admit it deep down she was a little bit frightened as well.

"Hold on a minute girls." Apple Bloom said "I just thought of something."

"Can't it wait til we're out of here?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Sorry but it can't." Apple Bloom said "I think we should ask the pony who's in charge of digging these graves. That pony should be able to tell us if Diamond Tiara is actually dead."

"But where are we gonna find said pony?" Scootaloo asked.

"Perhaps we could start with that c-creepy house over there." Sweetie Belle shivered, pointing towards a lonely little run down house that sat on the spooky grounds.

"That's a great idea Sweetie Belle!" Apple Bloom said. The CMC wasted no time in making their way over to that house. To their surprise the door was open.

"Well guess we should go inside." Scootaloo said somewhat nervously. The three fillies did so, once inside they were surprised to discover that the house was actually much nicer on the inside. It still had something of a run down theme to it, but at least it was lit up.

But the wall color of faded gray and the various Nightmare Night like decorations made the place have a bit of a haunted house feel to it.

"Hey? What are you kids doing here?" a gruff voice asked. The CMC turned around and found themselves face to face with a very tall earth pony stallion. His coat was a greyish brown that matched the soil outside, his mane and tail were a ghostly white. And his cutie mark was two shovels in the shape of a crossbow.

"E-e-excuse us mister ..." Apple Bloom said.

"They call me Bones, Dread Bones to be precise." the stallion said "Now please answer my question."

"We had something we wanted to ask you." Scootaloo said, plucking up courage.

"Well be quick about kid!" Dread Bones said in his gruff voice "I'm very busy."

"You work here right?" Scootaloo asked.

"Of course I do." Dread Bones said "I'm the gravedigger. Why do you ask?"

"We were wondering if you could tell us about Diamond Tiara. Could you?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Well if it'll get you kids off my back I suppose so." Dread Bones said "What do you want to know about her?"

"Is she dead?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Of course she's dead!" Dread Bones replied "Anything else?"

"Do you know when she was buried?" Apple Bloom asked.

"You bet I do." Dread Bones said "She was buried about two weeks ago."

"Two weeks ago?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yes." Dread Bones said "I must say her father seemed really upset. He didn't even show up to her burial or arrange a funeral for her. He just told me to bury her and that was it. Though he did pay a good amount for my time."

"But then why weren't we aware of this until now?" Scootaloo asked.

"I can't help you with that." Dread Bones said "As a gravedigger I don't get out and about much. Try asking somepony else."

"We'll do that I guess." Apple Bloom said.

"Good." Dread Bones said "Now beat it! I've got work to do!"

The CMC left the house and Dread Bones without further delay, They went back to where Scootaloo had parked her scooter and wagon, and they quickly took off.

"So where are we headed Apple Bloom?" Scootaloo asked as the CMC entered town.

"To get some answers of course!" Apple Bloom said.

"You mean we're going to confront Mr. Rich?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"No." Apple Bloom said "At least not yet. We need proof."

"But where are we gonna find proof that Diamond Tiara is ... well you know." Scootaloo said "Especially on short notice."

"How about the library?" Sweetie Belle asked "Maybe Twilight will know something that we don't."

"We're not going to find what we're looking for there Sweetie Belle." Apple Bloom said.

"So then where are we going?" Scootaloo asked.

"Town hall sounds like a good place to start." Apple Bloom said "There should be something there that could help us. And if we can't find anything at the least we could find something that'll point us in the right direction."

"I guess that makes sense." Scootaloo said "What do you think Sweetie Belle?"

"I agree with Apple Bloom I guess." Sweetie Belle said.

"Then that settles it. Town hall it is." Apple Bloom said "Step on it Scootaloo!"

"Hang on to your six girls!" Scootaloo said as she began to speed up "Next stop town hall!"

A minute later Scootaloo grinded to a halt outside town hall. "You okay girls?" she asked,

"We're fine." Apple Bloom said "Nice job Scootaloo."

"Thanks." Scootaloo said as Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle hopped out of the wagon. After parking her scooter and wagon Scootaloo along with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle ventured inside town hall.

The elegance of the interior always amazed the fillies no matter how many times they came here. And this was no exception. But while they normally would've stopped and stared in awe at the splendor of the place that was not the case this time. They were here for one purpose and one purpose only. To find some sort of evidence that confirmed that Diamond Tiara was indeed fact dead.

"Well hello girls." a familar voice said. It belonged to Mayor Mare's secretary and Ponyville's official time keeper known as Time Turner. "What brings you here?"

"We were wondering if you had any information about Diamond Tiara." Apple Bloom said "Do you?"

"Of course I have information about her." Time Turner said "But I can't just give it to everypony who wants it. Do you girls have a good reason for your request?"

"Um....well" Scootaloo stuttered, she really wasn't sure how she was going to explain everything to Time Turner. And if she did would he believe her?

"We just need to find out something about her for a school project." Sweetie Belle spoke up.

"A school project huh?" Time Turner said.

"Yes." Sweetie Belle said "It'll only be for a minute or two. We promise."

"Well I don't know." Time Turner said.

"Please?" Sweetie Belle pleaded, blasting Time Turner with her best set of puppy dog eyes. Time Turner couldn't resist the cuteness reflected in them.

"Oh alright." Time Turner said "I suppose I could let you girls look through her information. Just this once."

"Thank you Mister Time Turner." Sweetie Belle said "And don't worry, this will just be our little secret."

"Good." Time Turner said "Follow me." The CMC did so. Time Turner led them to the back of Town Hall where the archives were stored. "Now what sort of information about her were you looking for?" he asked.

"We were wondering if you knew anything about whether or not she's still alive." Apple Bloom said.

"Hm. I believe we may have something about that." Time Turner said "Give me a second." He began rummaging through one of the cabinets, pushing aside various papers. At last he emerged with a copy of The Ponyville Express. "This was printed just recently." he said and flipped through the pages until he stopped on one. This was the deaths section. "I believe this is what you're looking for." he said, pointing towards a spot near the bottom of the page.

The CMC looked at it, and gasped when they read the printed inscription.

Diamond Dazzle Tiara

Age: 9 years old

Diamond Dazzle Tiara died at her home yesterday due to complications from an unusually strong bout of the flu at approximately 6:39 P.M.

She was preceeded in death by her mother Diamond Sparkle Tiara II for who she was named. And an unnamed stillborn daughter.

She is succeeded by her father Filthy Rich Tiara.

Any doubts the CMC may have had were erased the instant they finished reading that inscription.

Author's Note:

And now we come to the second chapter.

I'll explain next chapter why this information went unnoticed.

And in case you're wondering six is a metaphor for seat.