• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 2,778 Views, 80 Comments

Everything Hurts - Phenoix12



Where am I, what happened, why does everything hurt?

  • ...
3
 80
 2,778

Sting

It is a beautiful day; the skies (which I cleared up by the way) are perfect, the sun is shining, and the perfect breeze for flying drafting up from the clearing below. It was the perfect day for a lazy flight. Though I wasn't doing any ‘lazy flying’ NOPE! I’m doing my totally cool and awesome flying!

I can’t help but smile as I pull out of my latest and greatest awesomely executed trick, a double loop corkscrew! And it only took me one whole try to get it right! …well okay, maybe it took more than once but I still managed to pull it off! If only somepony was out here to see it, but the main reason I come out here to practice was to keep anypony seeing me from making mistakes. Having ponies see me mess up is totally uncool. It takes a lot of time and practice to be as cool as I am,
but now it’s just the right time to rest.

I swoop over the clearing and do a loop, landing perfectly on a cloud that I had set aside for a very important purpose… napping. I sigh as I lightly lay down on its fluff, closing my eyes and letting my self drif- Somepony is yelling?

I peak over my cloud and see some filly below me in the clearing, waving her hooves frantically trying to get my attention. She looks familiar, one of Scootaloo’s friends?

‘Maybe she saw me doing tricks and wants an autograph.’ I think to myself. But… wait… She looks panicked about something? Is she in trouble?

I quickly dive from my perch in the sky and land in front of her. Closer now I recognize her now, it’s Diamond Tiara; she was Filthy Rich’s kid I think. Scootaloo talked about her sometimes, she bullied her and her friends all the time apparently. What could she want?

“Hay kid,” I started, not really caring “what’s going on?” Whatever she wanted, it had better be important and not something stupid like having her kite stuck in a tree or something.

“R-rainbow, Sco- gorge hel-“ she gasped, her words coming out in starts and stops. That’s when I finally took notice, something was really wrong. Diamond Tiara was crying. Her face was full of not only panic as I had first seen, but fear and hurt.

“Whoa, slow down and tell me what’s wrong” I say, trying to calm her. Whatever was wrong it was definitely big. She wasn’t hurt, at least from what I could see, but the way some was acting clearly pointed at something being very, very wrong.

“S-Scootaloo” she finally managed to stammer out between her sobs.

“What about Scootaloo? What happened?” I couldn’t help but say with some panic.

“T-the Ghastly Gorge… she… she…” she couldn’t finish before she was over taken again by sobs. But I’ve heard enough to know where I needed to be.

It was only a second before I was in the air again, flying as fast I can towards the Gorge. Something had happened to Scootaloo, and she needed me!

It only took me a quarter of a minute to reach the gorge at the speed I was going. I slow down and glide above the chasm while looking for any signs of another pony. It only took a few seconds to pick out an off color on the floor of the gorge. A small splash of gray near an orange one… Scootaloo.

I glide down as quickly I could. I can tell something is wrong instantly. Scootaloo is laying on the ground, there’s a puddle of something red around… blood, she’s laying in a puddle of blood! My heart is pounding and my mind racing. Scootaloo is hurt, badly. My hooves hit the ground running.

The silver filly looked at me as I landed. I could tell she had been crying but that didn’t matter. Only Scootaloo mattered right now.

The closer I got the stronger the smell of blood and vomit in the air got. The sickening smell only added to the stomach turning sight of her tiny body laying there… broken. It’s hard to tell exactly how badly she is hurt just by looking at her, but it didn’t look good. Her front left leg has a compound fracture, the bone clearly piercing though the skin. One of her rear legs was also bent at the wrong angle and had a cracked hoof. One of her wings was laying awkwardly over her, dislocated
most likely. She was bleeding from several gashes across her body.

I took all this in but most of all I was drawn to her face. Her eyes are open; blood shot and looking very weakly ahead of her in a thousand yard stare. She was still breathing, but only faintly. I need to hurry, she was hurt, in pain, and I need to help her!

“Scootaloo” I say softly “It’s me, Rainbow Dash” I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I’m not going to cry, now isn’t the time to crying, I need to be strong. “Scootaloo, can you hear me?” I try again but still get no response. I have to get her to the hospital NOW! “You’re going to be okay… You’re going to be okay…” I keep repeating over and over again, more to myself then to her as I reach over to lift her up.

As I touch her she starts screaming. It hurts my heart to hear her scream like that when I touch her. I’m trying to help her, but I’m causing her more pain at the same time. Now the other filly is yelling at me to stop touching her. I can’t, I have to get her to the hospital. I know it hurts her but it’s for her own good!

I manage to get my hooves around her body and pull her close to my chest. She keeps screaming and weakly writhing in my hold. I know it hurts her but I have to do it. I can feel tears falling from my eyes. I need to be strong…

I flap my wings, slowly rising up into the air holding my precious cargo… precious cargo, Scootaloo… Scootaloo have to get Scootaloo to the hospital. Tears are falling from my eyes as I listen to her scream, as a feel her writhe in pain in my hold. I can feel her blood on my fur. I have to move fast.

I’m flying… I’m flying faster… I need to go faster! SCOOTALOO NEEDS HELP NOW!

I fly towards Ponyville, towards the hospital, all while holding Scootaloo. Her screaming is getting weaker. That only makes me move faster.

All I hear now is the wind rushing by me and nothing else… Scootaloo has stopped screaming. Her entire body going limp. No no no no no!

I land in front of the hospital building, running as fast as I could on three legs while the third holds Scootaloo’s limp body to my chest. I kick the doors open as had as I can and right to the front desk. Nurse Redheart quickly looked up at the noise I caused and sees me… but more importantly she sees Scootaloo.


…I’ve been sitting here for a while now. The nurse having called for help as soon as she saw Scootaloo. They quickly took her away to the emergency room.

Scootaloo’s blood stains my coat where I held her to my chest, I don’t try to clean it off… I just feel so tired now as I sit here on a hard waiting room bench, praying that Scootaloo will be alright.

I hear some ponies come into the room. It’s Diamond Tiara and the gray one, Silver Spoon was her name I think. They’re the ones who were with Scootaloo… They’re the ones who told me where she was. They’re the ones who would know what happened! I stare straight at them, they stare right back at me.

“What happened” I say to them, neither of them responding. They only continue to stare at me… no… not at me. They’re looking at the blood staining my fur. I get up and walk towards them, stopping when I’m only a few feet away. “What. Happened.” I say more sternly. Still no response… “WHAT HAPPENED!” I yell and they both snap to look up at me in fear.

Diamond looks down at her hooves and tears me everything, tears falling from her eyes the whole time...

Author's Note:

12/01/2014: Chapter edited and revised