• Published 20th Oct 2013
  • 2,711 Views, 120 Comments

(SiC) Part 8 - They Will Know By Our Love - Brian Jacko



After fasting and giving up sports and exercise, Rainbow Dash needs to get back into shape for her training with the Wonderbolts. Her friends tag along for the work out as well, but trouble finds Rainbow Dash along the way.

  • ...
7
 120
 2,711

The Plan

Soarin' and Rainbow Dash sped through the skies together. Trees were literally bending and almost snapping in half as the couple sped by through the air. Soarin' touched down near that special tree a few seconds faster than Dash could.

"You seem to have lost a little bit of speed. I thought you were going to blow right past me with a Sonic Rainboom."

"I lost a lot of cardio and muscle from fasting not too long ago," she admitted.

"Why?" Soarin' asked. "You love to race and play sports. Were you sick or something?"

"No," she replied. "I didn't tell you this specifically, but when I was fasting for you when we spent some time away, part of my fasting involved giving up sports and games. I didn't exercise for the longest time and I lost a lot of strength and stamina."'

"You gave up something you loved so much for me just like that?" Soarin' asked.

"Yeah, I told you that I'd give anything to have you back."

"I don't know what to say," Soarin' said. "I can't believe how loyal you are. You amaze me everyday."

"Hey, I told you that I have a helper and He guides me and enables me to do what I can do. It's only through Him that I want to do these things and you have been learning and doing some amazing things too, Soarin'."

"I try," Soarin' said. "But I'm still a noob. It's like a video game or a sport. You have to practice and when you make mistakes, you have to pick yourself up and try again. Hopefully, I can improve because you inspire me everyday. Also, your friend Twilight helps me out a lot and her support groups really do help me. I still struggle and fall every now and then, but I'm not going to give up. I have so much to live for now and my life actually feels like it has purpose and meaning. I just need so much help controlling my lustful desires."

"Twilight really knows her stuff," Rainbow said. "She can explain anything to just about anypony. Even Derpy Hooves has been stopping by and learning lots of new things because Twilight just has a way with words and making things easy for other ponies to understand. She has a real gift. As for your lustful desires, hang in there. Stay strong and hopefully we will get married so that this mare can take care of that desire for you." Rainbow then winked at him. "I don't think that we have to worry about this, but if we cannot exercise self-control, then we should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

Soarin' kissed her on the cheek and said, "And you have a tremendous gift as well. Within time, I think you're going to make a great Wonderbolt. You already have everything it takes. All you need to do is regain some of your speed and some muscle and that's it! Your control and recovery is still next to flawless. Oh, and I just may be on the hunt to find a special ring for my filly friend."

Rainbow Dash giggled and said, "Hey! Don't tell me anymore about it, I want to be surprised!" Her mood turned a little darker when she thought about her athletic capabilities. "I haven't performed a Sonic Rainboom in a long time."

"Not many ponies can break the sound barrier when racing, Rainbow. You'll get it back."

"I hate to say this, but I'm a little worried about becoming a Wonderbolt," she said.

"Why? You're one of, if not the bravest pony that I know. You were doing all kinds of crazy tricks with me that even a veteran Wonderbolt would cringe at."

"I don't know," Rainbow said. "I just have this intuition that something difficult is going to come about."

"Didn't you say that it was one of your dreams in life to become a Wonderbolt?"

"Yes," she said. "That truly is a dream that I'd like to see come true and I desperately want to fly with you as a Wonderbolt."

"I don't understand why they didn't snatch you up to be a Wonderbolt at the Best Young Fliers competition. After all, you not only saved many of the Wonderbolts lives, including mine, but you also performed the very first Sonic Rainboom."

"It's all in His timing, not mine."

Soarin' nodded his head yes at the wise words from Rainbow Dash. "Do you think that you're ready? I mean, you're literally going to be the very best, I think. Maybe you can join a gym and work on getting your speed and strength up as you train with me."

"Hey! You just gave me the greatest idea ever!" Rainbow exclaimed.

Soarin' scratched his head with his front hoof. "What do you mean by that?" he asked.

"I just had a great idea! There's a gym near by and I think I know some ponies who could join it with me. Some very, very, out of shape ponies." Rainbow paused for a moment and added, "Well, at least one of them is already in shape, but she could still use it."

"Are you referring to your friends?"

Rainbow giggled and said, "Yeah, and I know just the verse to harass them with too. I'm going to sign up today and I'm going to whip some flanks into shape."

"You go do that sweetie, I have a pie to feast on at home. I'm sure it won't take you terribly long to get back into shape anyway." Soarin' turned and looked back. He winked his eye and said, "You'll be like my pie in the sky."

Rainbow Dash giggled and then took off.