• Published 20th Oct 2013
  • 2,711 Views, 120 Comments

(SiC) Part 8 - They Will Know By Our Love - Brian Jacko



After fasting and giving up sports and exercise, Rainbow Dash needs to get back into shape for her training with the Wonderbolts. Her friends tag along for the work out as well, but trouble finds Rainbow Dash along the way.

  • ...
7
 120
 2,711

More Painful Memories

Rarity was back on the biceps machine when she heard the channels of music being changed. The channel changing stopped and a painfully familiar tune chimed in right at the very bridge of the song. Rarity's eyes widened as she listened to the words from a famous pop song called, Circus.

The chorus in the song played and Rarity's mind went instantly back to being dressed up in a leather dominatrix costume and dancing with her partner, Candy Wrap. Rarity put her head down on the front leg rest and began to sob.

Applejack's ears perked up when she heard somepony crying and she instantly headed over to Rarity. She put her hoof on her shoulder and asked, "What's that matter, sugar cube? I'm right here fer ya."

Rarity looked up at Applejack and said, "It's just this song. It's giving me really bad memories of my past. I can't help what I'm feeling."

"Aw, shucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I bet when this song passes, somethin' better will play."

They waited for the song to end and a new song played called, I Kissed a Filly.

Rarity's mind instantly went back to when she was forced to give up her first kiss to another mare. More tears and painful memories plagued her mind. "Everything here is bothering me. I just can't escape my past. Please make it stop, Applejack."

Applejack adjusted her hat and said, "Stay right here sugar cube, I'll see what I can do." Applejack walked over to the front desk where a new employee was working. "Howdy partner," she said to him. "Would it be ok if ya could change the music playin' in here?"

The employee shook his head no and said, "I'm sorry, but we have a set schedule and different music will be played at different hours of the day."

Applejack looked back at Rarity who was now hunched over and crying again on the machine again. She looked back at the gym employee and said, "But my friend here had a super traumatic past and this music is bringing back very painful memories."

The employee looked over at the sobbing white unicorn and then looked back at Applejack. "I'm really sorry for whatever happened to your friend. We have a set list of songs to play during certain hours, but I guess I can change it for just a little while."

"I hope ya don't git in trouble fer messin' with the music, but if ya are gonna change it, then do you have any bluegrass music?"

The employee laughed and said, "I like bluegrass music, but I value my job and playing something like bluegrass would get me fired quickly. Remember, the music here is supposed to help others work out and feel pumped, and bluegrass might not be the best idea to play at the gym. I'm going to put on some techno instead."

Applejack nodded her head with understanding and tipped her hat to the gentlecolt. "I thank ya kindly fer bein' so considerate fer my dear friend here. We probably won't be here too much longer, so I'm sure that ya can change it back when we leave. Thanks again, sugar cube."

"Did she just call me sugar cube?" the stallion wondered to himself as he watched the orange earth pony walk away.

Applejack went back over to Rarity who was now at least sitting up straight.

The techno music began blaring and although her former profession might play music like this, at least the song that was playing did not bother her too much.

"Is that better, Rarity?" the farm girl asked.

Rarity shook her head yes innocently and said, "Yes, that's much better. Thank you for doing that for me." Rarity looked around and noticed that the room that had ponies dancing with flashing lights was now empty and the ceiling lights were turned back on inside of that room. Ponies were now coming in for a ballet dance class and the instructor flipped the sign on the wall that said that ballet class was now in session. She also put out a sign that said, first time gym members get a free trial lesson. Rarity looked at Applejack and said, "Hey Applejack, I think that I'm going to give this ballet class a shot. It's more of my cup of tea when it comes to exersice anyway. The walls are all made out of glass windows, so do you think you can stick around this area and watch me?"

Applejack saluted and said, "Sure can do! Enjoy yer little fru-fru exercise."

Rarity's nostrils twitched a few times and she turned her head away and waved her front hoof across her face. "Applejack. You smell terrible! Your coat reeks of stallion sweat and body odor. Please, make sure to take a shower in the locker rooms before we go home."

Applejack lifted up her front leg and smelled her leg pit. "I reckon this doesn't smell as bad compared to how you scream that I smell like manure after workin' on the farm."

"This is going to sound extremely odd, but I think I prefer it when your coat reeks of manure smells and other farm pleasantries after you work. Just please remember to take a shower before we go back to Twilight's library, that's all I'm asking."

Applejack shrugged and said, "Sure thing, I guess."

Rarity smiled at her friend and then quickly trotted into the room. The instructor closed the door and Applejack continued to work out on the machines near by the room so that she could keep close watch on her friend.

Author's Note:

*Edit* Song lyrics had to be removed.