• Published 22nd Sep 2013
  • 1,257 Views, 41 Comments

Equestrian Mercenaries. - JT



When five mercenaries get pulled into Equestria, the magic awakens an ancient evil, Will they be enough to destroy the evil once and for all or will they be pulled into it's grasp?

  • ...
6
 41
 1,257

Hell-Spawns

After opening up the barn, Elijah had put his rifle up on on a nearby shelf, positioning it and his pistols just so, that if he needs it, he would have it, ready to shoot. He then settled down on a flat bale of hay, folded his arms, and tried to sleep.

A few minutes later, Elijah sighed and got up. Sleep never came easily to him, he would often stare into the sky and wonder what they're like up there. Stepping outside the barn, he decided to walk around and get the lay of the land. He passed tree after tree after tree, his mind wondering into anyplace it could find.
A sharp crack of a twig alerted the giant and he spun around to be confronted with

Demons.

Each demon was about 5'9, finely muscled, and had a black blade jutting from the stump of their left hoof, they're right hoof was bloodied, and several pieces of metal were jutting out of them. Their muzzles were filled with sharp looking teeth, all curved inwards for good grip. Their backs had huge metal hooks protruding from the skin. But what disturbed Elijah the most were the eyes.

They looked like glowing splotches of blood, staring into your soul, as if they were trying to rip it out.



They were a morbid sight



The Demon in front reared its ugly head back, and released a high pitched roar. The sound shrieking through the air, causing Elijah to cringe.


Elijah was disturbed, even in the wastelands he once roamed, the creatures looked like kittens compared to this.
What did they want? What the hell were they? Why hadn't they attacked him when he was walking?
Thoughts raced through his head, crashing into each other, causing widespread confusion.
He shook his head, clearing the thoughts. They might be friendly, they might not be.
He would not throw the first strike.

"Are you friend or foe?" He asked, his eyes summing up their numbers.

'34 at least, might be more.' He thought to himself. If they were here to kill him, the fight would be bloody.

The lead Demon roared again and charged at Elijah, swinging it's hoof-blade, it caught against his shoulder plate, cutting a deep groove in the metal.
Elijah jumped back. "Definitely not Friendly" He would have to kill them, as they sought to kill him.

He lashed out and caught the Demon by it's neck. Lifting it up, he heaved it over his shoulder and smashed it into the ground. He tried to stomp it's head into dust, but it rolled out of the way and swung it's blade across part of his exposed leg, leaving a deep gash. Elijah swung his fist straight down and caught the beast in the top of it's head. It's skull shattered and exploded everywhere, covering the giant in a blackish red blood.
Weight suddenly pushed itself onto the soldier, followed by deep stabs of pain. They were breaking through his armor, the hell were their blades made of? He rolled along the ground, crushing many of the evil beings, their corpses covered in blood. He reached back and pulled two more off his back, he then smashed them together, their bones exploding because of the force.

The creatures were finally off him, thirteen lay dead. The rest would soon follow. He felt rage start to boil up inside him, he pushed it down. He was out-numbered, and un-armed. He would need a level head to win this fight.
Two more charged at him, hoping to spear him with their blades. Elijah knocked the duo to the side.
He picked up one and threw it onto the other, splattering them both across the ground. He turned to the rest of the group. They were halted and......bowing? Why the hell were they bowing?

"What the he-URK!"

Pain washed across his midsection, such pain, that he was crippled and couldn't react.
He looked down, seeing a black sword carved with death scenes of horrendous origins.
The blade was shoved even further. He cried out in pain. He felt himself be lifted into the air and felt his bones pop when he was thrown onto the ground. His vision was starting to blur.
He could barely stay awake. He was losing blood fast, he could see puddles forming around him..

"Sorry kiddo. You were just at the wrong place, at the right time. You were a threat, you had to be removed."

He opened his eyes and could make out a face. A human face. It's teeth were sharp and wicked. It's skin a black shadow that cascaded off him. And it's eyes.

Oh god it's eyes. It's horrible eyes.

It's eyes glowed bright red, it's pupils were stars that seemed to scream malice and hate.

"Bye bye, kiddo."

He couldn't stay awake any longer, he could only hope he'd survive til morning, where his friends would come looking for him.

That's all he could do, was hope.