• Published 22nd Sep 2013
  • 1,254 Views, 41 Comments

Equestrian Mercenaries. - JT



When five mercenaries get pulled into Equestria, the magic awakens an ancient evil, Will they be enough to destroy the evil once and for all or will they be pulled into it's grasp?

  • ...
6
 41
 1,254

Place to stay.

"So let me get this straight, we're in a land of talking pony's called Equestria, Elijah here just technically assaulted a Princess and now you're sorry for attacking us?"

Princess Celestia smiled and nodded. After the one called Elijah had set her down, and the predicament explained. She had offered them a place to sleep, stay and rest. She had also apologized for shooting her magic at the group.

"Yes, I would also like you all to have a temporary place of rest, here in ponyville, but I expect you all to be kind to my ponies."

Luke was dumbfounded. He hadn't been here but ten minutes and already they were being offered a place of temporary residence.

"Um....Wow princess, I really don't know what to say....I mean thanks and all, but, I don't know."

Elijah raised his hand and interjected. "We accept, sorry for nearly ripping you apart, or turning you into boots.."

Celestia's face went a little pale and her pupils dilated. "All is forgiven."

Twilight was near to bursting with excitement, she was barely able to stay in one spot. "YOU HAVE TO LET ME STUDY YOU!"

Elijah shot up, a look of worry spreading across his face. Study him? Look him over, observe his behavior, but that would mean they would find out about....

"No."

"Why? Please! ohPleaseohpleasohpleaseohprettyplease?"

"No."

Twilight sat on the ground looking at the squad. Her eyes becoming like puppy dog eyes. She let out a sad sniffle.

"Why not?"

"I have my reasons, ones you should not concern yourself with." Elijah turned towards the Princess.
"Now where is this place."






Mark jogged up to Elijah, nudging his side with his elbow.

"One freaky day huh?"

"Kind of, besides I kinda like it here, much better than back at camp."

"Tell me about. No giant beetles trying to worm thier way into your clothes, no giant spiders, and......no more mutants."

Elijah smiled at the thought of no more of the heavily irradiated, jacked up, evil selfish creatures.

"Yeah, no more mutants."

Twilight appeared to hear this and trotted up to the two, her face questioning.

"Mutants? What exactly happened to your world? What could make the place so bad?"

Both Creatures stopped, looking at each other, Twilight could almost swear they were talking to each other,
She debated this fact, but decided it would not be possible. She looked up to see them both staring at her.

"You want to know what happened? Why things were so horrible there." Elijah asked, his face stern.

"Are you sure? It's not pretty." Mark interjected.

"Well, yeah, duh." Twilight nodded, her obviously cynical tone slightly aggrivating the two.

"War consumed our planet, country fought country, nation fought nation, father fought son, brother fought brother. We..." He gestured to the rest of the squad. "Were around til the end of the war, and...it was hell."

Twilight gulped, one forbidden question forming in her mind. "How?"

"Everyday, we were hunted, bombed, shot at. Every morning, the smell of dead, charred, fresh, old, rotting bodies, filled the air."

"How many died?" She asked, hoof against her chin.

"Four billion."

Twilight's eyes widened in shock at the news. So many people.....Women....Children....B-babies.

"F-f-f-four billion?"

"Yeah....Four billion."

"What was the war about?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

Twilight thought on this and soon another question popped into her head.

"What did you all do?"

"We created the Crimson Marauder Mercenaries, telling everyone who would listen, that if they joined and swore Loyalty, they'd get, food, water, safety, and companionship."

"How many of you are there?"

"Twenty thousand, well armed, well trained Soldiers, twelve thousand women and children, along with non-combatants."

"Non-combatants?"

"Artificers, blacksmiths, farmers, carpenters, you name it."

Twilight thought about this too. Where do you put thirty two thousand people?

"Where do you live?"

"Nowhere, we don't have a home, we're kind of Like nomadic soldiers"

"Wow."

"Yeah......Wow."

The trio walked on, well behind the main group. Mark was now wondering where the place they were going to stay was, and how much food it has. This brought a question with it.

"Hey Twilight, what kind of food you guys got around here?"

Twilight looked up at them with a happy smile.

"Oh, you'll love it! We've got daisy sandwiches."

"Daisy sandwiches? Doesn't sound too bad actually."

"We've got lettuce."

"Mmmmm...Lettuce."

"Oh, and we've got apples!"

The two creatures stopped, exchanging a look of glee, and hunger.

"Apples, you say?"

"Yeah apples, why? What's got you two so worked up?"

"Well, we've never had an apple. We've heard stories, but the war wiped most of them out."

"Really? Because, where we're going, you can have all the apples you want!"