• Published 22nd Sep 2013
  • 1,247 Views, 41 Comments

Equestrian Mercenaries. - JT



When five mercenaries get pulled into Equestria, the magic awakens an ancient evil, Will they be enough to destroy the evil once and for all or will they be pulled into it's grasp?

  • ...
6
 41
 1,247

Arrival

Gunfire echoed across the land, only to be followed by sounds of Steel clashing against strong armor, and blades sinking into Flesh.

Luke was firing desperately into the giant being he faced: Its maw was filled with Razor like fangs five feet long.
Its skin a pale white etched with scars from past battles. The arms were the size of trees, and though it moved slow, being hit would mean death.
Luke's bullets were simply being soaked into it's skin, annoying the beast further.

"Elijah? Elijah! Take this things head on a nice date to everywhere!" He desperately called within the com-Link inside his helmet, hoping the Psychotic Sniper would hear him.


Elijah laid down on the ground, expert eyes peering through the high powered scope. Slowly. Carefully he trained the crosshairs on the beasts head. He felt the familiar bolt on his Rifle as he pulled it back, and back, until it fully exited the gun. He then threaded a massive round onto the end of the bolt and jammed it back inside, smiling as he heard the click.
"Fine, fine, I just call it's Liver.....What? It looks tasty."
He pulled the trigger and the rifle kicked back in his hands.

BOOM



Luke heard the report of the rifle and threw himself on the ground. This was going to be messy.

The round whizzed through the air at incredulous speeds. The air friction turning it into a huge searing metal stake of death. It entered the giants head, obliterating the skull, carrying onto the brain, turning it into an over pressurized mush. When the round exited, the kinetic energy caused the Giant's head to explode into shards of nasty, and tossing the Giant fifty yards from its original position. Luke could only stay on the ground as dozens of pounds of sick rained on him.

"I think I'm going to be sick."




Elijah stood and started walking towards the fallen beast, he wanted that liver, and he wanted it bad.
He could already smell that Liver as it's juices bubbled and popped, the air around it filling with the sweet aroma. The taste of the lightly charred meet when he bit into it. He quickened his pace. He was hungry.

After a few minutes of walking/jogging. He came upon a bent over Luke who was promptly emptying his guts of anything they had. Luke was a weak stomached person, Elijah on the other hand would be a little sick too if he had brains covering most of his body.

"Whats wrong Lukey? I thought you liked brains?" He teased the soldier, who looked at him with malice.

"You know damn well that's not the case! I mean look at me! I'm covered in extinct creature brain matter!"
He picked up some brain and smeared it all over Elijah, who merely shrugged.

Luke sighed and looked around. The creature they fought was ending its spasms, blood dripping out of the hole that was it's neck. That thing had nearly killed him and made him feel weak, he hated feeling weak. He thought about this for a moment, but decided it was just the adrenaline dump. He wanted to go back to camp, lay down, eat, sleep, and get drunker than a skunk, but most of all he wanted to see the rest of his team. Wait a second.............

HIS TEAM! HE HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT HIS TEAM!

"Elijah, wheres the rest of us?" Luke looked back at the giant, who laughed, shook his head, and grabbed luke's and jerked it in the direction behind him. Nearly breaking Luke's neck.

"We're right here, Lukey."

The bushes parted to reveal a midsized man, holding a drum-fed thompson. A slightly smaller man, carrying what looked like an AUG-BAR. Not to mention an even smaller man, carrying a dinky 9mm.

Mark

Hayden

Josiah

Elijah ran up to the one with the thompson.

"Markey! You should of seen it! There I was acting all cool when I get a call from Luke, man was he panicked, and guess what! He just begs me to help him and make this thing go boom!"

Mark folded his arms and looked over at the soldier. A smile playing across his face.

"Really?"

Luke guffawed. "Well..I...He...Oh just go claim your damn Liver."

Elijah jumped up in the air with excitement, ripping out a large knife off his belt and rushing towards the fallen behemoth.
Hayden chuckled and scanned the rest of the team. "Wanna go watch?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "Why not."

When they got to the fallen creature, Elijah was already past it's ribcage and was half in and half out it's body cavity.
He felt his hands around in the mush, searching for a particularly soft organ, he wiggled his hand inside for a bit, but stopped when he felt something hard.

"What do we have here?"

He wrapped his fingers around it and pulled it out, when id did come out with a sickly pop, he was nearly blinded.
In his hand was THE largest gem he had ever seen! This would easily cover all of their expenses for months!
He smiled, dropped out of the cavity and waved it in front of his comrade's faces.

"Who wants to get paid?"

The soldiers all dropped their jaws in awe, staring at the hunk of wealth before them.

"Nice find Elijah!"

"We're rich!"

"I can't believe it!"

"Why's it glowing?"

The team stopped at the last question. Glowing? They all looked at the gem simultaneously. It WAS glowing!
Elijah stopped and looked at his comrade's with worry. They returned the look.

"What the Fu- AH!"

The crystal ruptured and shattered, the team shielded their eyes from the intense light. The light enveloped them all in it's radius, then it disappeared entirely, leaving behind only ashes and burnt grass.












"Twilight, why have you called us here?" Princess Celestia questioned, her usual royal demeanor gone.
She loved her student, but there was a particular case about something having to do with a hospitalized pony and one of her chariot drivers.

"Well Princess, a few days ago, I was able to Teleport a gem to another dimension, and I would like to demonstrate how to retrieve objects sent across the dimensional plane."

Celestia was astonished by this. Teleporting an object to another dimension? It was an impressive feat.

"Proceed."

"Thank you Princess."

Twilight's horn glowed as she focused the spell, the light intensified as she concentrated harder. She scanned the world of dimensions until she came upon a feeling like she was being pulled by something, she quickly focused on this object and pulled it out of its dimension and into her own. A bright light filled the room, and a loud crack knocked Twilight off her hooves and onto the ground. A loud clattering like something falling filled the air. Voices soon followed.

"Ow."

"I'm going to be sick."

"Da' Hell."

"I'm going to be sick again."

"Comrades! There is a giant chicken looking at us!"

Twilight was still recoiling from the spell, wondering what happened. Then it hit her, causing her to jump up and stare in shock. She hadn't just brought the crystal.....She brought something else with it.

Author's Note:

There you have it! The first chapter of Equestrian mercenaries. Comment and tell me what you think!