• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 634 Views, 7 Comments

The New Beginnings of Skittle Twist - TwistedSkittles



Skittle Twist, a happy pony with mysterious past travels to Ponyville in search of a new start in life. Her best friend Rosebud travels with her as he learns about the ponies that make her the happiest. The Mane Six.

  • ...
2
 7
 634

Chapter 3

"Rosebud! Ozzie! Look! We're here! Yayayayay!!" Skittles jumped up and down. She couldn't believe it. They were here! Now she could start a new life. No more bad days. Only good days. Maybe she would make more friends.

"But you're never going to leave Rosebud, right?" Ozzie said to her silently.

No way. She would never leave Rosebud. They were best friends. Skittles looked at Rosebud. They had been through so much together. He had always been there for her. All the dreadful moments...

Skittles shook her head. She didn't want to think about it now. They had arrived in Ponyville. She could deal with it later. She looked at Ponyville. They were standing on top of a hill and could see the town below.

"See? Isn't it awesome? Let's go see town. Wonder if we can find a place to stay." Skittles quickly trotted ahead with Rosebud behind her.

"Can we stop somewhere first?" Rosebud panted. He wasn't great at traveling. "Cause I am beat."

They had been traveling for a week. Normally, Rosebud would've taken the train, but he didn't have enough for even one train ticket. Not to mention Skittles didn't do so well with trains or wagons. So when Skittles suggested that they walked all the way to Ponyville, he politely agreed but made sure they avoided the Foal Mountains.

"Sure where do you wanna stop?" Skittles asked. They had just come to the first part of Ponyville.

Rosebud looked around. "There! I can't wait to get something to eat." He pointed to a shop.

So they left their wagons outside and went in. Inside, they noticed that the shop filled with cakes, cookies, and cupcakes. Rosebud rang the bell on the counter.

"Hey, I hearda this place. It's-" Skittles started.

"Welcome to Sugar Cube Corner!" A pink pony came in and gasped at them. "Omigosh! Are you new here? I've never seen you here before. You have to be new because I know everypony in Ponyville. And I mean everypony in Ponyville. And if I've never seen you here that means you're new." The pink pony quickly said. Skittles's face lit up.

"Is that Pinkie Pie?" Rosebud whispered.

"Mhm" Skittles nodded, face still lit up.

"Yup, that's right! My name's Pinkie Pie. How'd you guess that? Can you read minds? What number am I thinking of? Hah! It's negative 29! Nobody would guess that! So what's your name? No don't tell me! Is it Blueberry and Grape? No wait, is it Cuppa Joe and Artsy Heart? Wanna know how I got that? From your cutie marks! Wanna see my cutie mark? It's three balloons. One's yellow and the others are blue. I think they match my eyes, see? Wow! Look at your eyes! Ones green and the other blue! That's so cool! I wish-"

"Pinkie! How much flour do I put in again?" A voice came from back.

"One cup!" Pinkie called back. Then she turned back to Skittles and Rosebud "Oh that's Twilight Sparkle! Wanna meet her? She's in back." Pinkie pushed the two ponies in back before they could even react. "Twilight! I want you to meet somebody! This is Artsy Heart and Cuppa Joe. Aren't Artsy's eyes cool? One is green the other blue! I wish I had her eyes! And look Cuppa Joe! His eyes are-"

"Pinkie, dear? I don't think that's these ponies's names. Cuppa Joe moved away a long time ago and he wasn't blue." The purple alicorn said.

"Oh yeah, hehehe," Pinkie giggled nervously.

"So what are your real names?" Twilight asked.

"I'm Rosebud and this is Skittles Twist."

"Really? You don't seem like a Rosebud. So why do you have a coffee cup as a cutie mark if your name is Rosebud? Shouldn't it be like a rose or something. But that would be silly because you're a stallion, not a mare. But then your talent could be florist. Are you a florist? Do you know any florists that are stallions?" Pinkie chattered.

"I don't. And my name is Rosebud because my mother was a florist, and she named her fillies after flowers. There was Lilybud, Violetbud, and me, Rosebud." Rosebud made a disgusted face. He never saw why his mom had given him such a silly name. Even Skittles thought it was silly at first.

"That's why yer called Rosebud?" Skittles asked.

"Yep. It's a silly name isn't?" Rosebud answered.

"Naw, it's not that bad." Skittles giggled.

"Then why are you laughing?" He smiled.

"What? Me? Laugh at the name 'Rosebud' fer a stallion? I would never." Skittles said sarcastically as they both fell in fits of laughter.

Author's Note:

Beep beep beep!
Chapter 3 is here y'all.
Looks like we met the party pony herself along with Mrs. Cake. Epic Yay!
Yeah yeah, I know there's some of memory in this chapter. How Skittles reacted towards Rosebud's name lol. But I figured that its so short I could just slip it in here. Hey, every memory is different right?
Any way, enjoy! =)