• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 634 Views, 7 Comments

The New Beginnings of Skittle Twist - TwistedSkittles



Skittle Twist, a happy pony with mysterious past travels to Ponyville in search of a new start in life. Her best friend Rosebud travels with her as he learns about the ponies that make her the happiest. The Mane Six.

  • ...
2
 7
 634

Chapter 1

A left green eye and right blue eye opened. There was a yawn as the colorful Earth pony stretched. She turned her purple head to her alarm clock. It was 3 a.m. The purple pony rolled her eyes and sighed angrily. She poked her head out of her red camping tent to see the campsite. As usual, it was silent. It was too early for everyone else to wake up.

Skittle Twist grinned at the thought that only she was awake. She went back into tent and grabbed her orange brush. She took off her bright orange night cap with black stringy hair, big eyes and a red nose. She started combing her blonde hair, a mess from her tossing and turning. She grinned at her hair, seeing the familiar colored tips of her hair. Everyone she met asked her if they were dyed, but no, they were her all natural hair color since she could remember them appearing.

This had been when she was just a little filly. As soon as she came to Equestria, her hair had turned to the colors it was now. Besides, the tips matched her rainbow bracelets. She looked down at her front hooves. Each front wrist had a set of six colorful bracelets. The one red, the next orange, then yellow, etc. when she was little, she had taken them from her mother's jewelry box. They were too big for her at first, sliding down her wrists. But she grew into them now and wore them everyday. They could no longer be slipped off, but if she wanted to she could unattach them, like one would do with a glow stick bracelet.

When she was finished with her hair, she went outside. She started a fire in the fire pit and grabbed a frying pan and some oats. She fried the oats and soon the smell filled the early morning air. Breakfast took two hours to make, due to the fact that they had little resources to work with and the birds kept diving at the delicious oats.

Skittles sat on a log and ate her breakfast quietly.

After she was finished, she cleaned up the campsite, and pulled out a some paper and colored pencil. With her artistic heart cutie mark representing her talent in artistic skills, she was able to draw a very detailed drawing of the campsite. Soon she heard a yawn coming from the other tent. A dark blue stallion with dark green eyes and dirty blonde hair came out with another yawn. Skittles set aside her finished drawing.

"Mornin' Rosebud!" She greeted the stallion.

"Skittles? Why are you always up so early? Do ever go to sleep?" The stallion with a coffee cup as his cutie mark stiffled another yawn.

Skittles ignored the questions. "Made ya breakfast. Fried oats." She said.

Rosebud poured up a cup of coffee. "Oh, thanks." He took the thermo to Skittles, who had grabbed a glass of milk. He poured a tiny bit of coffee into her cup. "There, just the way you like it." He grabbed his coffee and took a sip. "Ah, that's better." He said. He was more awake now.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He asked as he grabbed some fried oats and sat down on the other log.

"Already ate." Skittles said and took a sip of her drink.

"Oh."

"Yep. Sorry I ate most of that." She pointed to the fried oats.

"It's okay, I'm not that hungry. Just needed a coffee." Rosebud took a sip of his coffee then finished the last of the oats.

"Ready?" He said.

"Yep, never gonna comb that hair a yers will ya?" Skittles said. Rosebud shrugged.

"Alrighty then." Skittles walked over to her tent, pulled one string with her teeth, and it folded itself into neat pile.

"Umm...." Rosebud started.

"What? I was in the woods a lot when I was little. Ya live 'n learn." Skittles said.

She walked over to his tent, pulled a string, and it also folded into a neat pile. She picked the folded tents and put them into her wagon, which was filled with all of her things. She hooked up the wagon while Rosebud finished cleaning up the campsite and put it in his wagon.

"We're off!" He said as they started walking.

"Beep beep beep. I still can't believe it! I'm gonna live in Ponyville!! It's gonna be awesome, right 'Bud?" Skittle Twist jumped up and down as she pulled a wagon with all of her things in it.

"Yup. And thanks for bringing me along. I'm glad we are finally moving. Why did you want to move again?" Rosebud smiled as he pulled his wagon.

"Oh," Skittles suddenly looked a little glum. "Er, just wanted ta start a different life. Had 'nuff a Fillydelphia." Then she smiled. "But I couldn't go without you. I had to bring you along!"

"Yeah, I didn't really like it there either. You and me both had some tough times there. I'm glad I came with you."

"Now it's all brand new! And there's famous ponies livin' there. The Mane Six. I'm really big fans of them. I only heard about 'em, they all sound so friendly. Especially Pinkie Pie." Skittles giggled.

"I thought you didn't like pink."

"I don't, but Pinkie's just so..." Skittles started giggling again. "Yer gonna have ta find out. She's my only 'ception ta pink. Hey Ozzie! Who's yer favorite pony a the Mane Six?" Skittles turned her head to look at her stuffed animal in her wagon. He was light blue with a square head and was wearing red suspenders. He had blue, skinny arms and three strands of spiky black hair standing straight up, like triangles. He also had two bandaids on the left side of his head. Skittles often talked to him as if she could understand him.

"Ya like Rainbow Dash? Yeah, she's pretty awesome with that colerful mane. But maybe yer right, who a we ta pick favorites if we only heard about 'em." Skittles smiled at Ozzie, then turned to Rosebud.

"But who's yer favorite pony?" She asked him.

"You of course." He answered.

"Awww. That's sweet, Rosebud. Seriously, who's yer favorite pony, 'sides me, in Equestria?"

"I don't know, it's like Ozzie said. I shouldn't pick until I meet them." Rosebud looked at Skittles kindly.

Author's Note:

Beep beep beep! /)^3^(\
This is my first fan fiction I've ever wrote. It feels very rushed and I really feel like I could have done better.
But I hope you guys like it. Feel free to leave feedback and suggestions below! Also if I should continue with Skittle Twist thing. I feel like I'm one of people with the weird OC thing. >.<