• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 573 Views, 2 Comments

Trust - everbrony



A new pony arrives in Ponyville. Who is he? What is he hiding? What is he running from?

  • ...
1
 2
 573

Discover

Chapter 6: Discover
"Hello Twilight Sparkle." said the unicorn stallion on Twilight's doorstep "May I come in?" he said to the slightly bewildered mare.

"Uh.. I mean, absolutely come right in." she said "So" she said in an effort to be conversational "You and you're family are new here aren't you? Is there something I can do to help you."
"Why yes actually, you see, my name is Dark Shot and I have a bit of a hobby of learning about the extent and power of unicorn magic," Twilight's eyes widened slightly at finding another pony who was at least somewhat interested in magical studies. "And I was wondering whether you, the most powerful pony in Equestria with the exception of the princesses of course, could perform a certain spell I have come up with."

"What is it?" she said eagerly, having blushed slightly at the compliment she was eager to prove that she could live up to expectations.

"So, here's how it works." As Dark Shot explained the magical control and power required to cast the spell, Twilight compared it to other high-level spells she had cast befor and how much of a drain they had been. So, as Dark Shot finished explaining Twilght had an answer for him.

"Well, I think the amount of control needed for the spellcasting is rather simple, but the amount of power required for the spell tow ork would come dangerously close to draining all of my magical reserves to their limits which could be quite dangerous." she said, pleased with her response.

" But you could cast the spell?" he queried.

"Well yes." she said wondering why he was so focused on that.

"That's all I needed to know." he said coldly as a blast of green light struck the starled mare and left her unconscious. "All I needed to know."

"Jeez, that was rough." After three hours of getting fitted, poked with needles, and forced into pose after pose you could see whyBurst Stream was so stressed. It had taken four hours for the ordeal to be over, and most of that length of time was blamed on the fact that he "couldn't stand still if his life depended on it" as Rarity put it. This he found slightly amusing as he had lost count of how many times staying on edge and on his toes had saved his life. It was now four o' clock and Burst was enjoying a nice walk through Ponyville, when he noticed that Twilight's door was wide open, and that Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie were all inside and looked incredibly worried.

Then they spotted him and Rainbow Dash said "You." flew over with amazing speed and dragged the off-balance stallion inside.

Apple Jack then said "Ya'll got some explainin' to do."

"Ya!" Pinkie Pie helpfully added in.

"For what?" Burst said with genuine befuddlement.

"How about for the fact that Twilght's missing, the new unicorn family that just arrived is nowhere to be found, and the ponies who took her left a note with your name on it telling you to meethem at five o' clock at the place that you know about and to bring"it" and that if you don't they'll use her instead!" Rainbow Dash said with an increasing edge in her voice.

"Ya!" Pinkie Pie said once again.

Burst Stream's face had gone paler and paler at the realization of what Rainbow Dash was explaing to him. He was scared, and not for him self this time, but for Twilght because he knew that hurting her wouldn't matter to them in the slightest. "I need to go help her!" Burst Stream said while running for the door, but Apple Jack was already blocking the exit.

"Not until you explain everything and tel us why Twi's in danger." Apple Jack demanded.

Burst Stream could have argued, but he knew that any time he wasted arguing could lead to less time for Twilight plus, although he didn't know it, a small part of him was glad to give his story out to somepony else after all this time. "Fine, but we can't waste much time." And so, he told them everything. "My parents were archaelogists. They met for the first time on a dig site in Egypt and it was love at first sight. They got married and had me and I grew up and life was good. Then, after my parents came back from a dig, things changed. Being archaelogists they moved often, but my parents began switching hotels every few days, or sometimes we switched rooms and they never told me why. I had my suspicions, of course, because My parents had come back with something from that last dig and they wouldn't show where it was or what it was. Then one day my parents stopped moving, I thought that amybe we'd settled down in this small house, but they were actually trapped in that town." The ponies who had been after them had found them and were making their move. I knew none of this at the time, i just knew parents were worried about something. Then, late at night, my parents were extra worried. My Mom took out the thing they had been hiding from me all these weeks and told me to run, but I didn't. I stayed because I was too curious. Is tayed and I saw them break in nad I saw my parents fight and I saw when they..." He held back the sudden flood of emotions, just barely, and continued. "Then I did run, as far as I possibly could, I was ten at the time, and that's ben my life for the past nine years. I will find a new town or village stay there and earn some bits until they find me again and then I would run again. They are great trackers but there most dangerous ability is that they can make themselves look like anypony they choose."

A sudden realization spread across the faces of the three mares, and they all whispered "Changelings."

Burst Stream as curious at this reaction, but he moved on."I eventually figured out through research at whatever town I visited and I found out what the object was, why they wanted it, and where my parents had gotten it. And that's it. Now what was that name you said before?"

"Oh, we said Changelings." Pinkie Pie replied. "There these scary kinda-pony thingys that can look like any pony they want, which is so cool by the way." this earned a glare from the other two mares. "What?" she said sincerely.

"Nevermind Pinkie, anyways, we've dealt with them before, but you haven't finished explaining. "Rainbow Dash stated "What is that thing, why do the Changelings want it, where are they so I can beat the snot out of 'em, and what do they want with Twilight?" Rainbow Dash said with a huff.

"Fine, I'll tell you." Burst Stream then reached up into his ear and pulled out a small orb that appeared to be made of glass.

"What in tarnation is that supposed ta' be?" Apple Jack said with suspicion.

"It's an artifact containing an incredible amount of unicorn magic and they- the Changelings need it to power a machinethat will cast a spell that will cast a veil over Canterlot and anything within a ten-mile radius of Canterlot that will weaken any pony that enters it to the point where they can barely walk, including Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. But, the one thing I don't understand is why they said they would use Twi...Oh no."

"What!" all three mares aid in unison.

"If we don't find a way to stop them they're gonna use Twilight to power that machine and, if they do, it'll kill her.

Author's Note:

GIGANTIC INFORMATION DUMP!!! Ya, I wrote a new chapter finally and so the next one will be the last one and it'll be full of fighting, explosions, and a little romance, hurray!

And so, you know, comment, criticize, give yo' mamma jokes, whatever and I'll definitely write the next chapter this week.


Next Chapter: more discovery

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment