• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 1,110 Views, 144 Comments

To be a Wonderbolt: Fall of a Nation - Diablomuerte2



The finale of the To be a Wonderbolt series ends with a war that will put two nations at risk. Can Equestria survive a war against a threat of great force?

  • ...
4
 144
 1,110

The Last Month of Peace

The Last Month of Peace

Peace was coming to an abrupt end all over Equestria. The subjects of the royal princess had one month left to enjoy their lives before the brutality of war would scar the land and kill many. She wasn't sure how much she would be able to endure knowing her subjects would suffer a horrible price for a misunderstanding. It wasn't fair, if only she could have stopped that event from taking place the world wouldn't be in danger of being torn by a grand war.

Princess Celestia, who was now single again, was sticking to her duties and forsaking her heart. She had been able to accept the fact she was no longer with Twilight Sparkle. Still even in her loneliest of nights she had her sister to keep her comfort. She had noted that Luna had been more affectionate as of late. She wasn't sure if it was out of pity or genuine care, she didn't worry about that since she had more important matters to deal with.

The final month, for most ponies a time of peace, was her month to secure everything. She had to make sure the bunkers and defenses were ready for the incoming threat. She had too much at stake to let anything slip her away from her attentive gaze. She was going to finally be a useful deity and not just a glorified princess. She had also worried about Discord, it seemed he wasn't feeling too well since his stint at Ponyville fighting off the Draconian.

____________________________________________________________

Discord spent the final month battling his failing body, he had pushed himself past his limits when he reverted to his original form. The seal that was placed when he was entrapped in stone made it so he couldn't turn back to the form that had horrified the sisters long ago. He wasn't some cute parody of a villain he was a true monster back in his day. Murder, chaos, sex slaves...you name it Discord had it or partaken in it. He wasn't the kind of monster that was able to exist in the land of Equestria no matter how much he had reformed. That form was the true epitome of evil and anarchy, he had used it to fight off the Draconians but since it wasn't maintained properly due to his inability to break the seal he was forced to push past his limits and cause a decay in his magical will.

No longer was he able to use such intense magic and slowly his power was fading. He wasn't long for this world, he knew that. He planned on making an epic moment of his death when the time came. He wasn't going to be some target for them to easily take out, he was going to go out with a bang. He had already planned his final hour and the war hadn't even started. He was cautious of keeping his lips secured so nopony attempted to try and talk him out of it. He wasn't going to allow himself to become some invalid. He was Discord the master of chaos.

He had been avoiding the world and any attempts at linking himself to any of the emotional ponies that would be at his side claiming to be his friends. He had one pony he considered a friend and it was enough for him. He had no idea just how he would be able to let her know about his passing but he felt he could just let her be right now. She had a family now and he had no right to ruin her month of peace with his dying. He wasn't going to be that kind of Draconquus. He was going to be the kind that died before he allowed the tears over his death to be spilled.

____________________________________________________________

The newly reformed Wonderbolts, lead by Rainbow Dash, were getting ready to perform their final show before the war started. They had decided to do this to cheer the nation of Equestria. Rainbow Dash had still not fully forgiven Spitfire but during these uncertain times it was best to just let it go. She and Spitfire with the help of Soarin were going to lead the final show of the Wonderbolts. After the war Rainbow Dash was going to quit the Wonderbolts fully if she even lived. She had a funny feeling she might die. Something about thinking of a future didn't feel right with her anymore.

She wasn't concerned with the thought of dying, she had lived a good life and saw her first foal born. That was all she needed. She had her foal and her family, nothing else mattered. She and the crew while training for their final show had made a pact to not go out like a bunch of losers. They planned to die like winners, if they died at all.

After their performance they took off their costume and vowed to never wear it again until the war ended. They had all special modified versions of their costumes with armor and weaponry molded on. It wasn't like they were truly going to be an aerial unit since they were going to be facing the massive threat with other soldiers. They were for all intent and purposes glorified soldiers. They didn't care about the glory they just wanted to kick the enemy's flank and survive to see their respective lovers.

With their final show behind them they all went to Rainbow Dash's house to celebrate and just live it up. They all started talking about the good ole days and Rainbow Dash remembered that it's been not so long since it all started for her career. "Has this ever happened before?", she asked wondering if this was usual Wonderbolts tradition.

"You mean a rookie owning the team after all the dramatic events...nah that hasn't." Spitfire said while chuckling. "Honestly this is the weirdest turn of events in the history of ever... we never had this happen before, then again... I never did what I did before..." The silence was pregnant and the tension grew.

"Well the past is the past eh? To our futures I say, let's drink up." Rainbow Dash countered to break the silence.

The group of ponies drunk up while Mistyfly and Fluttershy were watching Hope Star do random things. "Look at momma and smile." Fluttershy said while taking pictures. "Thats a good foal." She said with a smile as Hope Star looked up at her with a goofy smile plastered on her face.

Fluttershy was really into everything Hope Star. First burp, noises, accidents, etc. She had to document it all. She wasn't sure why she was so maternal but it felt like it was meant to be, as if the moment she became pregnant by Dash her life was there at its zenith.

"Momma can I be in the pictures too?" Scootaloo asked a bit afraid of hearing a no.

"Of course you can I was wondering why you haven't gotten in front of the camera with your sister already" Fluttershy said with a smile on her face.

Scootaloo smiled and held her sister gently close to her. "Like this?" She posed with Hope Star and was glad she was able to be included.

Fluttershy smiled and took more pictures while Mistyfly just watched in awe of the moment.

Mistyfly wanted to have a family all of her own, though she wasn't sure if she could have foals after the attack on her from the vicious Draconian. She barely survived that attack and wasn't sure if her body had really recovered from it all. She was told she had suffered massive wounds and some of her functions may not work though they never stated which at the time of the surgery. She didn't bother to ask when she recovered. She just wanted to get out of the hospital because it was driving her mad.

Spitfire had softened during the time that had passed. She was even gentle with Mistyfly and even offered to take care of her if things went bad. No longer was their commitment a question but finally it was sealed. They had decided to stay together no matter what. With the end of days coming it doesn't seem relevant anymore.

____________________________________________________________

Rarity and Applejack had their worries with everything from the farm, boutique, and most importantly their lives. They didn't want to have Appleseed grow up with one parent and Applejack didn't feel like remarrying. Rarity didn't even allow herself to think of possibly re-marrying or even dating someone new if something happened to her wife.

"Sugarcube I won't lie but if I die I want ya ta remarry and get yerself a new partner. " Applejack said softly to her wife.

"No! I Just can't ... it would be dreadful just even thinking about it... you will live I know it... so let's not talk about this ok?" Rarity wasn't happy with the thought of losing her wife to the war but Applejack was going on the front line with Rainbow Dash and so was Big Mac. It was bad enough possibly losing a brother in law but also her wife. She felt as if Celestia was cursing her for not obeying her destiny of making it to the top in fashion. She had the chance to become a mega fashion mogul but turned it down for a simple life with a wife and child. She had never encountered such a scenario in any of her fantasies while growing up.

"Look I don't want my son growin' up without two parents, bad enough he has two mothers... I jus' want my foal ta grow up happy is all." She said confusingly to the other mare.

"He will, because you and Big Mac will make it back alright and we will all be a family." Rarity said before kissing her wife and shutting her up. She continued kissing her wife with passion. It wasn't going to end with just kissing as Rarity started massaging her wife's side.

Applejack knew what was coming, she was going to be pleasured in order to shut her big mouth up. She wasn't going to protest none. "Oh Rarity... right there Sugarcube, rub right there." She said while slowly moaning in surrender to the caresses of her wife.

Rarity started sliding her hoof further down her wife's body while their tongues intertwined in a passionate kiss. She started exploring the moist insides of her lover's mouth with her tongue enjoying the taste of the saliva. Rarity slowly massaged her wife's clit before sliding her hoof into Applejack's marehood.

The passion grew and so did their moaning. All through the Apple family farm their moans could be heard and luckily Applebloom was asleep otherwise she would have questions as to what the hay were they doing when she was trying to sleep.

Big Mac had to endure it for as along as he could before he decided to leave the house and look for something else to do. He wasn't going to sit there and hear his sister scream out in pleasure. He decided they needed their own place soon or it would just be awkward for the whole family.

____________________________________________________________

Twilight was deep in thought while her lover Pinkie Pie was being extra snuggle happy. "Pinkie Pie...I was wondering...why did you choose to fight in the war instead of help with the food?" She was curious as to why the mare she loved would risk her life when she could have a safer job in the rear with the gear.

"Because Twilight, someone has to protect your flank from the dragons, and I sure don't want it to be somepony else." She said with a smile. "Plus I have been through sooooo much lately with all that bad mojo and juju, I just wanted to finally be in control of myself and see what I am capable of. I mean I've never been seen as the hero but just the random baker you know?" She said with a somewhat saddened tone. "I also don't want to be baking pies, as good as they are to eat, when the world is going to be falling apart. I want to be there, like Applejack and Rainbow Dash and you... would be if Celestia hadn't told you that you needed to stay behind in case she and Luna dies."

Twilight felt horrible about the whole thing. "I guess they do need a princess to rule the kingdom if both of the eternal deities die in battle... still separating us like that... allowing you to go to war while I am forced to be protected... I hate this... what if ... what if you die Pinkie Pie? I couldn’t bear it if you did. I would hate myself if I allowed you to go into war only to have you fall in battle... please reconsider.", she said pleadingly.

"Nope! Sorry love... but you know how I get once my mind is made up. Just like when I decide to make a friend I don't give up till I do." She said with a beaming smile.

"Oh Pinkie Pie... I love you." She said while holding her tight unable to let go for fear she would be gone if she did.

"I love you too Twilight... you gave up so much just to be with me... I wouldn't have ever expected I was worth that to anypony..." Pinkie Pie replied while holding her lover in an endless hug.

That night they just held each other with no rush to lust, or no means to rut, they just held each other in a pure and loving embrace.

____________________________________________________________

All the ponies were trying to spend their last month of peace with their families and friends but the dragons from draconia were spending their last month preparing for war. Draconia was stock full of soldiers just practicing their combat skills and stepping up their game.

The mighty Pildragus was called from the grand mountain of Sinnuron to aid the Draconians in the war. The mighty dragon had no attachment to his land or his people. He wasn't even governed by the king himself. He had a desire to just be left alone and any dragon stupid enough to not heed his desires of solidarity were instantly destroyed or devoured. He was the ace up their sleeves, their trump card.

The king himself wouldn't dare approach Pildragus. Pildragus is said to be an ancient sentient life form predating Draconia and all the lands. Pildragus was deemed a deity and was offered sacrifices by the ancient Draconians but the newer generation of Draconians didn't swear fealty to him.

When the king ordered a troop of Draconians finest elites to request Pildragus' aide he was dumbfounded when they not only came back with him but were left unharmed by the mighty dragonic deity. Pildragus informed the Draconians that he had only one reason for joining the war. He was hungry for the cries of the innocence. His malice was sated long ago when he devoured the souls of the dead infants as retribution for his betrayal in ages past.

With the powerful deity on their side the Draconians gained a boost of morale and all celebrated with a feast of gluttonous proportions. They were the foulest beasts to roam the world and they were going to cause mass chaos and destruction on Equestria when the time came. The longest feast they ever had ended with Pildragus devouring a draconian child right in front of their family. He chuckled at the sad faces and told them it was to fuel his power and it was their patriotic duty to accept it and move on.

The king just ignored the action since he wasn't in the mood to dispute indiscretions and wasn't in the mood to lose an ally over one child of his land. Over the final month Pildragus got even more voracious and devoured more innocent hatchlings and almost deprived Draconia of heirs meaning that their war, if not victorious, will doom them all.

____________________________________________________________

With both nations having spent their final month in their own way, it was now time the day of war was to begin. The two nations both in the eve of facing the greatest calamity of their times, and both nations facing extinction. In the end one side will come out on top, and that one side will barely survive as is. The only question is which side will be victorious?

One the forefront of the borders of Equestria stood the main platoon and currently leading the charge was Rainbow Dash, Soarin, Spitfire, Celestia, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Big Mac, and many others. Some were simple farmers turned fighters others were born ready to die as warriors. The earth ponies who weren't built for power were using Pinkie Pie's technological forces of destruction.

On the forefront of Draconia and leading the attack was Pildragus and the hunter squad of Draconia, many other dragons were on the front lines as well. The rest in hiding were planning ambush attacks by sneaking around the borders of Equestria.

The sound of the horn of war was heard all over the world as the first battle of the great war was on the way. In the coming moments of this brutal wars, many will die and massive damage will be brought on both nations. The only question is ... which nation shall rise and which nation shall fall?

Author's Note:

My editor poofed on me idk how far in so if there are any mistakes I apologize. but I am going to bed so I can't wait all night for him to return.


There we go. Sorry for the delay but between other stories and lack of editors being available I had to take my time and make the editor have less work to do.

I know these chapters aren't as long and I am sorry about that. This isn't a meaty story and most of my wording will be in the war. Next chapter is about the first battle and the many losses both sides will suffer.

I will try to make the fighting scenes exciting as I can.