• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 1,110 Views, 144 Comments

To be a Wonderbolt: Fall of a Nation - Diablomuerte2



The finale of the To be a Wonderbolt series ends with a war that will put two nations at risk. Can Equestria survive a war against a threat of great force?

  • ...
4
 144
 1,110

No Mercy

No Mercy

Rainbow Dash, and her squadron of ponies, grew restless. They had arrived at the border of Draconia and took a small break since they had rushed towards the place and burnt up a lot of energy to reduce the travel time. They wanted to be in and out and return home if possible.

They had set up a tent and began divvying out the rations as they rested for a bit. "This will be main camp," Rainbow Dash declared. "This will be our meeting point if a retreat is forced."

Applejack looked around and smiled. "This spot seems perfect Rainbow Dash, we got trees ta cover us and it's right on the border. So we can toss everything off the cliff and hide if need be."

Pinkie Pie was checking out her aerial death machine and making sure everything was ready for their mission. "Rainbow Dash... I just want you to know... that when this thing is in the air again...it won't be landing until I have slaughtered as many Draconians as I can or... until I die."

Rainbow Dash grew worried at the statement. "What do you mean Pinkie? Look I know what happened was awful and we did authorize a genocide, but the way you're saying it, sounds like you actually will enjoy slaughtering them."

Pinkie Pie shed a tear that rolled down her cheek slowly. "They killed Spike... they didn't just kill him... they tortured him and broke him down and then they just wasted his life as if it was nothing. We lost a lot of good ponies, and my marefriend lost the closest thing she had to a foal."

Rainbow Dash held back her own tears as she replied with, "Yeah... I get it... those bastards killed Scootaloo... Fine Pinkie Pie I order you to annihilate all Draconians you pass by and destroy their villages. I want them all gone and everything destroyed, no mercy!"

____________________________________________________________

The griffins noticed that the ponies were setting up camp and decided to remain undetected and make a camp elsewhere. The leader of the elite unit of griffins was the prince himself. "So this is where we test our mettle. I would like to let you all know that we will be fighting a grand enemy. We aren't going to do so unless the ponies need help, but be prepared to rescue them if need arises."

One of the members of the elite unit became curious as to why they weren't linking up with the pony squadron. "Your majesty, I know I am out of line for asking this, but I need to know, what is the purpose of secrecy again?"

Prince Greg looked at the soldier and explained to his unit what he had been thinking of the entire flight. "We are going to use stealth and the element of surprise. We have the edge since albeight, our allies aren't aware we are here, our enemies aren’t aware either. We can basically pull back any moment and no one would be any the wiser."

____________________________________________________________

King Dragunda had been waiting for his servants to find his useless wife. He was going to sacrifice the queen in order to ensure the success of the ritual, as well as allow the activation of the spell to be done sooner. He wanted to already have the power that he had waited for so long to acquire.

His vision of a world enslaved by him was appealing in every aspect. He could taste the tears of those who were dealt sorrow from his executions, that he would personally oversee. He could smell the fear of his future subjects, as they are forced to obey or suffer death. He could see the restructuring of towns and cities to suit his needs and to have statues of himself in honor of his greatness. He could hear the suffering of many as he did whatever pleased him whenever he felt like it. Lastly he could feel the hatred as the rebels that were sure to come, form up to attempt a pointless rebellion.

He was dreaming of a world in which he was the grand ruler and no one likes him. He didn't need their love or admiration, he would just need their obedience and respect. It wasn't as if he wanted to be loved and well wished. He wanted resentment to surge through the lands and the subjects to revile in it.

He was the most revolting creature in all of history and he was satisfied with knowing that. He ordered whatever servants were still stupid enough to be around to hurry the capture of his wife. "I want that useless female here so I may execute her personally. I want to gain my new powers soon... I can already sense how mighty I will be."

The servants rushed off and once again King Dragunda was alone in the throne room.

____________________________________________________________

Pinkie Pie made the final check on her destructive machine and decided to get herself ready for an all out assault on the enemy. "Rainbow Dash it's all checked out and ready for me to go, just tell me when to strike and I will." She lost her naivete along with her joyful tone during the war. All that was left was the dark and empty voice of a pony who'd been through hell.

Applejack was ready to man the weaponry on the helicopter-like machine. "I'm ready too. Let's get them bastards and teach them not ta mess with us ponies." Applejack had no taste for obliterating an entire species of living creatures, but she didn't really have a choice in the matter since she was only doing what was necessary for her family to be safe.

Rainbow Dash felt energized and ready to go, she made sure her unit were ready for the first and final attack on Draconia. "Alright everypony, we have come this far and now we shall do something horrible for the good of all Equestria. I know this isn't going to be our finest hour, and I know this land has more denizens then just evil Draconians, but this is what we need to do in order to ensure our loved ones safety. So now let us destroy all they stand for and annihilate those scaly bastards!"

The group of ponies cheered on, invigorated by the speech. They all got prepared for the raid of a lifetime. Each pony shook off the feelings of regret and worry and instead adorned themselves in the feeling of justice. It wasn't true justice, just rationalization of their horrid crimes they were about to commit.

Pinkie Pie and Applejack got in the death machine ready to lay down heavy fire as the ponies picked off any stragglers. All morality that made these ponies docile and civil were shed from their souls as they mentally prepared to enact such atrocities. The death machine lifted into the sky and Pinkie Pie finally gave it a name. "I dub you the Pinkie-geddon."

____________________________________________________________

The queen of the Draconians was hiding out in the cities being taken in by a kind widow. The news of the search party had scared the queen into hiding. She never felt more betrayed in her lifetime. She was glad however, when the nice draconian widow opened her door, and allowed her in.

It was a small calm before an impending storm. She began hearing rumors that some Draconian saw a metal monster heading towards a village. The other citizens laughed at him and told him off while the panicking Draconian fled to safety. While the town, with barely any able Draconians, had been enjoying a good laugh at the expense of the young male they heard noises of explosions and saw flashing lights.

The noises had grown louder as the flaming light intensified. "What in the name of Pildragus is that?" A Draconian shouted. The townsfolk were mostly made up of women and disabled or very young men. The able bodied and strong Draconians were all used for the war front and the rest were acting as protectors of the castle.

____________________________________________________________

Pinkie Pie was flying over a village while Applejack launched explosive shells at the defenseless Draconians, thinking of other things while doing so. They couldn't wrap their minds around the unspeakable acts of evil they were performing or they would risk gaining a conscience and failing their task.

Applejack aimed her sights on buildings of all kinds and with each hit a tear shed from her eyes. She was trying to block out the screams of anguish and the cries of the infantile Draconians as she tore through the cities with Pinkie's modified party cannon attachment. "Alright Pinkie let's get a move on... we got more Draconians ta kill."

Pinkie moved over to the other side of town and settled above as some of the Draconians prepared to fight back. "Applejack we got company." Just as the Draconians who were willing to fight were getting close to the death machine, Rainbow Dash and her crew came in and picked them off, easily tearing them apart with the benefit of surprise and agility.

Rainbow Dash flew next to the contraption Pinkie built and smiled "You didn't think we would let you have all the fun did ya?"

Pinkie chuckled despite the intense situation. "Of course not, now get out there and get killing. If we keep this up we’ll get to the castle in no time... just remember Rainbow Dash... No mercy!"

Rainbow Dash flew away and they continued their massacre.

____________________________________________________________

King Dragunda was being alerted, left and right, of attacks happening on the main city. He quickly summoned his elite guards that hadn't perished in the war and sent them to eliminate the opposing forces. "Who the hell is crazy enough to attack my city and threaten my kingdom?"

One of the servants, who looked terrified, answered the mighty king. "Well sir the reports from the scouts indicate a flying metal monster and some flying ponies with armor and wing blades are attacking us. This isn't good your majesty... we lost all our able men and with no force to fight them ponies off we are done for."

The king roared in anger. "Damn it... I need the queen found and executed before they reach the castle... I need my power or this will all be a waste." His anger rose with each passing second.

____________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash was feeling confident and saw the castle seemingly clear of obstacles. "Hey Pinkie the castle walls... tear them down we are going to end this now."

Pinkie Pie smiled until she saw the incoming remaining force of the Draconian army. "Not so soon Rainbow Dash... it seems you still have some killing to do."

Spitfire saw the incoming force and quickly made a plan. "Rainbow Dash, we can hold them off while you and the death machine can focus on getting to the castle," She suggested.

Rainbow Dash wasn't sure about separating the winning group but at the same time she didn't know how much longer she had before Dragunda became a god. "Alright ... we’ll go... Spitfire... you better not die... and remember, no mercy!"

Spitfire saluted before she and the squadron of ponies engaged the enemy head on. With the suicide squadron and Spitfire taking on the rest of the Draconian elites, Rainbow Dash, and the two ponies inside the death machine, flew towards the castle ready to finally end this nightmare.

____________________________________________________________

The queen of Draconia was in shock at the state of the city that hours ago was bustling with activity. She had seen the attacks but had been protected and kept somewhat safe. The city looked desolated, and the Draconians were either dead or dying. "Why did this have to happen? Our kingdom... our people... it's all gone..." she wept silently as she walked by searching for life in the rubble of what used to be the grand capital city.

Author's Note:

Well this story is getting close to the finale.

Hopefully RD can manage to keep the winning edge and take out Dragunda before the queen can be killed and the soul transfer can be hastened.