• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 1,109 Views, 144 Comments

To be a Wonderbolt: Fall of a Nation - Diablomuerte2



The finale of the To be a Wonderbolt series ends with a war that will put two nations at risk. Can Equestria survive a war against a threat of great force?

  • ...
4
 144
 1,109

The Rage of the Sun Deity

The Rage of the Sun Deity

Celestia felt helpless watching the two pegasi being easily slaughtered by the magically immune attacker. She couldn't do anything to prevent further deaths since he wasn't using an elemental based attack. His physical attacks weren't able to be held back by her magic since his armor negated the effects of her magic.

Luna was infuriated with how easily her sister was put into a state of dismay. She needed her sister to be strong and not let the enemy psyche her out so easily. "Celestia focus...he can't continue his merciless assault if we continue staying on course." She adamantly shouted.

Celestia was afraid of Luna's possible ignorance at the enemy's prowess. The battle was a life or death one and she didn't have the opportunity to delve into bad strategies against mighty foes. She kept her shields up but watched again as more of her subjects were obliterated by the mighty executioner.

More ponies attempted to take out the incoming threat and failed to do so, in the attack Bash Wing had sacrificed himself in order to save a fellow pegasus. His death was disheartening for the defensive forces and the fall in morale only hastened the rise in body count.

____________________________________________________________

Eizchal was enjoying his cruelty against the ponies immensely, never had such pleasure come from destroying lesser creatures. His immunity to their magic made his advantage over the ponies significantly greater than just physical strength. His devastating attacks left dead ponies in it's wake.

He soon became bored of killing the weaker ponies that were merely pawns in the grand scheme of things. He decided he would target the two alicorns and annihilate them with the intent to deal the finishing blow against the enemy army. His strategy was to simply slaughter all his opponents, but causing their morale to be torn asunder and enfeebling the ponies further was a thrilling aspect of war.

His first attempt to close in on Celestia was hindered by Applejack and her brother launching a barrage of projectiles at him. He dodged most of them but got impacted by one direct hit and it actually managed to hurt him. He never felt the sting of pain before since his opponents never had the pleasure of hurting him in combat.

With the new sensation being registered his brain adapted to further outputting more energy into maneuvering to avoid being pelted by the annoying and painful artillery. He attempted a second go at attacking Celestia, wanting to kill her more than any other pony. His route of attack was interceded by the ground forces launching the volley of projectiles from their powerful machinery.

His anger grew with each failed attempt and further increased his malice. "You stupid ponies shall suffer even worse for daring to interfere with the Executioner." He ominously roared before hastening his movements and going in for a clear swing.

____________________________________________________________

Celestia barely managed to avoid the attack but in doing so she broke the magical force field that protected the other ponies from the flaming breath and it caused the defensive line to scatter and reorganize. Celestia knew she was no match for the crazed dragon and in desperation she tried using a spell to hinder his movements and regain control of the battlefield.

Her spell had done nothing to slow down the wicked Draconian, and had only further enhanced his anger. Celestia saw the axe lift over the executioner’s head and could hear the noise of it about to free her head from her shoulders. It was a moment in which time in her mind slowed down and she was able to finally stop resisting and accept the inevitability.

When she was able to hear a loud gasp, she opened her eyes. What she saw next immediately had her wishing she was dead, she saw the one thing she couldn't bear to see after already living a somewhat solitary existence. Her sister Luna was dead on the floor with blood pouring out of the freshly killed mare, slowly pooling and covering the already bloody soil.

____________________________________________________________

Eihzchal chuckled at how easily the other princess was willing to die for her sister, it was funny to him to see a desperately heroic attempt to save a mere pony's life. In his mind Celestia was going to die in the next couple of seconds but instead of going for the kill immediately on the distraught sun deity, he decided to taunt her mockingly.

"Well one useless royal pony down... I wonder how she tastes... you don't mind me snacking on her before I wipe your existence clean from this planet do you?" He cruelly taunted.

His quick scan of his environment had shown how easily affected the ponies were at the death of one of their leaders. He noted that he was also alone against the enemy and felt a bit odd about the lack of his allies in combat. "What are any of you useless ponies going to do about the death of your precious princess?" He brazenly roared.

He was so caught up in the swift execution of Luna that he didn't have time to avoid a sneak attack from one of the emotionally unstable ponies. The cannon that hit his armor landed on a chain and caused it to break, leaving the armor’s anti-magic capabilities at half strength. Without the protection from magic and the anger boiling inside Celestia he had no idea of his impending doom.

"Well since you wanted to be stupid enough to attack me while you had the chance to flee I guess I shall savor my meal another time." He insidiously stated.

____________________________________________________________

Luna's death had caused Celestia's mind to break. Celestia, having suffered a millennium virtually alone, had decided that no matter how great the enemy was and how useless her spells were that she would not allow that vial draconian to breathe a minute longer.

Her rage caused her horn to glow in a dark fashion, and she called upon dark magics to deal with the impetuous fool. Her eyes began glowing a fierce onyx. The ferocity she was exuding was causing the other ponies to flinch, they were afraid of the rage she was displaying. The force of her anger made her magic even that much more powerful.

She began speaking in the traditional Canterlot voice "You who have slayed my sister, shall suffer an agonizing death at my hoof." The force of her voice was enough to gain the dragon's concern. She didn't stop at just words, she wanted to end this. She began blasting huge spheres of darkness that was swallowing whatever it hit . The spheres missed the Draconian who barely dodged them in time and exploded catching him off guard.

The force of the explosion caused the chain to break off and the armor to swing out wildly away from his body. With the armor not properly on his large frame the resistance to magic barely able to work. He was too full of himself to be afraid until Celestia shot a volley of dark magic on a beeline straight towards him.

The lightning bolts of dark magic had been precisely aimed, but he was still able to, as predicted, dodge most of them, but dove right into one of them causing it to pierce through the feeble resistance in his armor and internally devastate his body. The effect of the spell was slow in starting. It was a spell meant to weaken a body and slowly kill it off with pain so horrible the victim would wish for death long before it was granted.

"Suffer you miserable beast... I shall not grant you the swift death you will be begging for, and you won't be able to strike when your body won't obey you anymore. I shall watch as you die... slowly... " Celestia's dark rant ended as she just began staring at the now crippled Draconian suffer.

____________________________________________________________

Eizchal began feeling very ill, his lungs felt like they were on fire, and his heart was rapidly beating. He was only able to breathe for a short period of time in intervals and it was driving him insane. He tried getting up and retaliating but his body wouldn't respond like she warned him. He wasn't going to beg for mercy but the pain was beginning to build up, intensifying with every passing second.

His eyes were starting to lose focus and he could barely make out even the most basic shape and just saw color. "I ... I ... I will murder you like I did your filthy sister... I will devour you..." His failed attempt at intimidation wasn't able to save him, and his chances for survival were becoming slimmer by the second.

His scales were starting to deteriorate and fall off one by one in a painstakingly slow manner. His teeth were loosening and starting to soften. "I am the executioner..." He was still unable to warrant any fear, even with his body unable to even lift from the ground. He was too prideful to even wish for the death he wanted. The pain became too unbearable and his mouth let loose a torrent of pain filled screams.

The loud and pain filled roars alerted the scouting unit of his impending death. He felt his eyes burn and lose sight, making him unable to see anything but the blood filling his sockets. He was still able to hear but barely and the last thing he ever heard Celestia say was "I am going to slaughter your king, and your entire family as well..." just before his sense of hearing left him.

The rapid beats of his heart continued as every one of his scales all fell off exposing, his sensitive body to the elements. He wasn't dying fast enough and the pain kept surging through his numbing body. His claws lost their sharpness and his once gleaming teeth dulled in seconds. He was being destroyed internally and every inch of his body was going to suffer.

His sense of smell went away taking away the last sense to let him know what was going on around him. He couldn't hear, smell or see anything. His tongue had been disabled and his sense of taste was gone as well. His last thought before death finally overtook the Draconian was of home.

His thought was corrupted by the spells effect and instead his warm happy image was sullied and became a horrible nightmarish one. Where his family and king were really safe in their homes, instead his wife was being taken by another draconian in front of his son. The king was beheaded and a pony was on the throne being worshiped by all Draconians. That was the image in his head the moment he ceased to live.

____________________________________________________________

Celestia didn't look away and watched the Draconian start decomposing before her magic gave out and she began crying. She wasn't sad for her actions, she was sad she lost a sister. "Luna... why did you have to die.", she lamented over her sister’s body. She wasn't expecting for Luna to reply back.

"Actually sister... I didn't die... that was Trixie..." Luna hesitantly spoke. She approached her sister slowly and nuzzled her when she was close enough.

"Luna... how did...I saw you die!" Celestia yelled feeling betrayed.

"I am sorry sister... that wasn't me... just as I had planned to rush in and die for you some pony decided to preempt me and do it for me..." Luna sadly explained.

"It would have taken a great and powerful pony to have pulled off a stunt like that." Celestia commented.

Luna sadly smiled. "It was dear sister, a very great and powerful pony indeed."

The vanity spell had finally faded and the true hero that died for the princess to live was the only pony to have ever been called great and powerful by all. Trixie the show pony died a hero, her final stunt was the one that she would be most famous for years to come when the story of the great tragedy was told.

Author's Note:

Things are seemingly going well for the ponies... too well... almost as if the enemy isn't even trying.

I wonder what will happen next... Well I know what will happen... just hope everyone is ready for the following chapters... as it seems right now so far there hasn't been as much deaths as you all were either hoping for or expecting... that will soon change .