• Published 26th Aug 2013
  • 1,903 Views, 61 Comments

A Chaotic Night - FlutterPal



Discord and Princess Luna have fallen in love, that nopony else knows about. But suspision starts rolling across Equestria as a crazy night starts going on, and Celestia needs to find out what the heck is going on.

  • ...
13
 61
 1,903

Chapter 1

Princess Luna was walking down the dark, almost abandoned dungeon. She walked past all the ponies that had either lost their mind, or just had a really bad life. One pony was trotting around in his cage and acting like a dog. And another was crying and banging his head on the bed. Princess Luna HATED going in the dungeon. All the sad things going on, and SHE just HAS to check it every night! But Luna heard about a new prisoner in the dungeons. Yes, there are more. Six, in total. Luna checks three of the six at night.

The princess came to the last cage in dungeon one, and thankfully, no pony had escaped. She flew to the back of the room and… crashed into a wall. “GRRR!” the princess said, frustrated. She totally forgot about the new secret passageways in the dungeons! Luna got up and put her hoof on one of the four symbols at the top of the wall. It was a moon. Her symbol. Only the princesses could open the passage ways, which meant the other symbols were the cutie marks of the others.

The stone wall opened with a long, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEECH! And Luna stepped into the second dungeon in front of her. Behind her, she heard the wall close slowly behind her. The night princess turned on her light spell and started walking down the dark hallway.

Blue light glowed around her as she heard groans and cries echoing around the dungeon. Luna walked, her hoof steps making loud clicking noises. She also heard water dripping from the ceiling, and the wind blowing slowly past her ears. But, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a flashing orange light, a candlelight maybe. And it was coming from one of the cells. Curious, Luna walked, then ran, then flew toward the flashing light.

Suddenly, a menacing bark stopped her. BARK! Luna got back on her hooves, and saw her pet moon hound sitting in front of her, looking hungry. Luna teleported some star-shaped dog food then poured it on the floor. Then, she continued running.

Once the princess of the night reached the cell, she took a breath and looked into the cell. And there, sitting on the cellar beds, was an old enemy she prayed to NEVER see again! And it was Discord, the lord of chaos. Luna got SO angry her eye started to twitch. “DISCORD?! What are YOU doing here?!” the night princess exclaimed.

Discord sat up with a candle wrapped around his tail, it flicking on and off by the snap of his fingers. “ Oh, haven’t you heard? I’ve been ‘reformed’. But I STILL have to stay in this LONELY dungeon.” Discord said mockingly.

Luna felt angry, scared, but maybe a little sorry. The princess shook the thought away. Then Discord started talking again. “Luna right? You’ve changed since I last saw you. You're maybe even... prettier."

Luna flinched at the compliment. “But why are you in the dungeons anyway?” Princess Luna asked.

“ Oh, well I’ve told you before. Why don’t you sit here with me and try to remember it?”

Discord asked. Luna flinched again. “ No. I’m wasting my own personal time!”

And with that the princess marched off her head held high.

********************************************

Luna sat on her bed, exhausted. “Uhhh,” Luna groaned.

Checking the dungeons was truly tiring. The princess’s stomach growled. It also made her hungry. Purple/orange light shone across Luna’s bedroom as the sun began to rise. Luna used her magic to lower the moon to let the day begin.

Squirming around on her bed, she started thinking about her encounter with Discord. She thought it was weird… those.. those compliments. Discord had NEVER been complimented her, or Celestia. Discord, the lord of chaos, had taken interest in herself. Why, in all of the immortal colts she could date, it just HAD to be the evil one. No, it would NOT happen. Besides, Luna just might be over thinking it? Suddenly, a bowl of cereal appeared on a gold plate in a regular decorated plastic bowl.

Almost immediately, the princess levitated the spoon, and began to munch in. Celestia walked in and knocked on the door. Luna saw her sister and widened her eyes. “ Ohm. Hi sister.” Luna said. And with that she wiped her mouth.

“ Hi Luna,” said the older sister. “ Enjoy your breakfast?”

Luna swallowed a mouthful of cereal. “Definitely,” She said back.
Celestia walked in, sat next to Luna on the bed, and teleported the bowl of cereal away. “So,” Luna said, not to willing to talk.

“Going in the dungeons was good last night.”

The older sister looked at her sister with happy eyes filled with joy and laughter. “ That’s good,” the white alicorn said. “ Any more news?”

Luna shook her head.

“Princess?” said a deep voice from the doorway. Luna looked over and saw a royal guard standing there. “Yes?” said Celestia.

“Twilight wanted to protect Canterlot from the snow, and she wants you to watch over her.” "Ok, I'm coming."

Luna’s heart melted when she heard what the spell would do. “ The snow, gone?” she croaked.
But both of the ponies were already gone. The princess of the night swallowed back a cry. Winter was one of Luna’s seasons that she brought to the land and made it snow! And Twilight just had to RUIN it for Canterlot!

The princess got up and ran after the porch. She knew that they would be there. But of course, as always, she was late. Late enough to that all the snow had melted off the ground. Late enough that they were already trotting down the hallway. And finally, late enough that a huge magenta force field was covering Canterlot, with snow bouncing off the sides.

Luna had ENOUGH problems to worry about, and THIS had to be ONE OF THEM! First, Twilight needed a bed and it was Luna’s bed. Second, she has nightmares of the future a LOOOOONG time from now. Third, Discord. And now THIS!?

Luna took a breath or two, then walked toward her bedroom. She plopped down on her bed, and fell into a deep, deep sleep.

Author's Note:

I'm kinda young, and this is my first story. So that equals horrible story. :P