• Published 17th Aug 2013
  • 3,121 Views, 110 Comments

My Little F***wits: Friendship is Weird - Captain Princess



HUMANS-TURNED-PONIES OH GOD RUN FOR THE HILLS

  • ...
9
 110
 3,121

Chap 8: It Begins

"A curious tale. Why did you not tell me of these events, sister?" Asked Celestia, after considering the tale she'd just heard for a minute.

"I decided I shouldst wait until my friends here had come to visit me once more, and it would have made an entertaining dinner-time story." said Luna, somewhat defensively. "Upon their arrival here to the castle with myself, they were in need of assistance, and I equipped them with the means to travel and stay here in Equestria whilst they went forth to gather the help they would need to return home. I sent them with instructions to seek out Ms Sparkle in the hopes that she would be able to assist."

"But they didn't tell me any of that! The only told me they were looking around at first!" claimed Twilight.

"Y'all only told me that'chall were lookin' around!" defended Applejack.

"In our defense" said Zegram. "We really were just looking around."

"At first."

Before any of the other ponies gathered around had time to interject, Celestia took the floor.

"Luna, my sister, would you still happen to have the remains of this stone?" she asked.

"It exploded." said Lemon, blankly. "It's just dust now. Went 'paff' and everything."

"I do not suppose anything could be done with the dust, could it?" asked Luna, to noone in particular.

"We must figure something out. Princess Celestia? Princess Luna? Is there nothing we can look for that might hold a similar power? Is there nothing we can do?" asked Twilight, now filling with a rising determination. She felt that whilst these two outlanders were not the most pleasant or sensible, they were deserving of a chance to return home. Also, the chance to be rid of them had some appeal.

"I will consult my libraries for any mention of any other worlds. Twilight did explain to me beforehoof that your world is not the one that we know of, and so I will search for the knowledge, though I must confess, currently I have no recollection of any such worlds having ever existed, nor-" began Celestia, only to be interrupted by her sister Luna.

"'tis not true tia! We know of another such place, and 'tis the place I visited, where my friends here did come from. Dost thou not recall the place to whence we banished Tirek, the Centaur warlord from years ago?"

"I...do" said Celestia, realization dawning on her. "But I do not recall how we managed to open any such portal to that world, nor how we could do so again. However, this is encouraging. I will retire to my study, now that I know what I am looking for."

With that Celestia was away, leaving still the two remaining Princesses, the 5 other Element bearers, and the fuckwits. Twilight turned to her friends, the elements, and bid them to join her as she went for the larger Canterlot public library, which was back through the city. Both Pinkie and Applejack mentioned something about eating, and the six seemed to be getting ever so slightly excited at the notion of some food.

This left Luna, Lemon and Zegram in the main hall of the palace.



"Fort cardboard opens!" shouted Luna through the halls, her Royal voice reverberating through the castle's architecture with force. The fort's drawbridge was lowered with a single string, and Luna stepped out, a crude cardboard helmet atop her head.

"Friends, you know of so many hilarious activities! It shames me to think this, but I do so wish you could stay here in Equestria for all your days. We could have such fun, we three."

"Yeeeah I know the feel Lulu, but we have like, families at home and they're probably already worried, so yeah. Gotta get home sooner or later right?" said Zegram, turning to Lemon.

"I guess. I mean back home I'm filthy rich, but here I'm best friends with the best Princess." he replied.

"You flatter me once more!" said Luna, giggling.

"I could go either way, grum. My family might miss me but they'd get over it."

"Such drivel! You think that you aren't valued?" asked Luna, concerned.

"Oh for sure I'm valued back home, but when I left them to get the stone-"

"The very expensive rock that exploded" Zegram interjected.

"Yeah, that one. When I left to get it, my family knew that, I'm rich, I could spend the rest of my days hopping all over the world and having fun. So they'd be over it soon enough."

"Does that mean you would stay with me, here?" asked Luna, slightly hopeful.

"I dunno. You're awesome Lulu, but I just haven't really decided." replied Lemon, whilst Zegram was now a few feet away, trying to explain to a butler pony why they now wanted the large citadel of cardboard that was brought into the hall to be removed again. It wasn't necessary to explain, but Zegram wasn't royalty, and so was not used to simply making requests of the help.

The butler pony had arrived in the hall for another reason entirely however, and once Zegram was done explaining he promptly ignored him, and went about his duty.

"Her majesty requests you all in the throne room." he said, in the most stoic and deadpan tone that any living being could muster, and then immediately left.

In said throne room, Celestia was pacing the floor. Twilight and her friends were there, though this time without the entourage of bannermares, waiting. As Luna entered first, her two friends following close behind, Celestia stopped to look at them. The smile on her face confused them at first, due to the stressed look of her pacing, but it seems she was simply excited.

"I have found something!" she exclaimed. "An item of sorts. It is claimed to be a relic of chaos, one of sizeable power. It is supposedly a remnant from the defeat of Discord, and was meant to be his escape plan. I have had words with him about this item, and he recalls very little, but he does confirm that he did have a plan to leave this world upon his defeat, as he had not planned on being encased in stone."

"Most excellent!" exclaimed Luna.

"Really?" asked Zegram, his tone caustic and irritated.

"A magical MacGuffin? That's the solution to this" asked Lemon, equally sour.

"Oh I'm sorry." called out Twilight, matching their sarcastic venom. "Please let us know if anything in The Magical Land of Equestria isn't up to your standards."

Apparently, this was the height of equestrian sarcasm because her friends behind her couldn't contain their laughter. Even Fluttershy and the Princesses could scarcely stifle their giggles.

"I think...I think ponies just told a meta-joke." said Lemon to his friend, quietly.

"Nope. That's not funny." was his grumbling reply.

Luna was the one to break the laughing non-silence, bringing the topic back to matters at hand.

"Where shall we find this relic, Sister?"

"That is the detail I still lack. The only mention of it's whereabouts came from Discord himself, who claimed he placed it in a state of flux. He tells me that unless it has been found and taken already, it should be constantly moving."

"Oh that's just awesome! This is totally not going to take forever to find!" cried Zegram, frustrated at the endless flow of arbitrary obstacles.

"Please, if you have any better plans, we're all ears." said Celestia, as calmly as was possible for a voice to be when what was clearly intense irritation was veiled beneath.

"Welp. If it's a huntin' we will go, we're gonna need supplies. Ah reckon we oughta head to Appleoosa first. Ma cousin can help us with supplies and maybe even means of gettin' around." voted Applejack.

"No way! We oughta head to Cloudsdale. I can probably get us a team of Pegasi, and having fast eyes in the sky will let us track this thing in no time!" voted Rainbow Dash.

"Uhm, we could maybe go to the forest if, uhm, if we have time. I could probably get my animal friends to maybe help us look, if you'd all like." mumbled Fluttershy, just loud enough to be heard.

"Zecora might know something too. She has weird knowledge that I don't yet." chimed Twilight.

With that, the group looked at both Rarity and Pinkie Pie, expectantly waiting for them to volunteer their own plans.

"Sorry?" said Rarity. "It's not like I have some sort of affiliation here. The world of fashion isn't one suited to treasure hunts, and I refuse to speak to those awful Diamond Dogs. It's not as if I formed some sort of bond with them after my little episode in their lair." she said, defensively, whilst inspecting her own hoof, almost in the manner of a pose.

"And you Pinks?" said Lemon. "Got any ideas?"

"Nop!" Said Pinkie Pie, smiling.

Zegram gave her a perplexed look.

"You mean, 'Nope'?" he said.

"No, it says 'Nop' right here, see?" Says Pinkie Pie, showing him a piece of paper with the words 'SCRIPT' printed on it.

"That...that's a spelling error." said Zegram, pointing to it. "LEMON, YOU SPELLED 'NOPE' WRONG" he called out.

"SORRY, I CAN FIX IT" Lemon yelled back, having been distracted by a butlerpony with drinks.

"Do you wanna start over from the top or?" Said Pinkie.
"No, no, its fine, lets just continue where we left off." Said Zegram.

"So" said Celestia, trying to reign in the stupidity. "Where will you head to first?"

Author's Note:

HÖH

I DID THIS ONE MYSELF (mostly)
NOTICE HOW IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS THE OTHER CHAPTERS
LÖL

HEY HERE'S AN IDEA.

Leave a comment and vote for which of the places you want the story to go to first. It's less a choice of omission and more a choice of order, because I plan to take this story to every location at least once, if not more.

SO MAKE A VOTE.
JEJ.