• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,880 Views, 172 Comments

War Criminals - Dirty Bit



Equestria shall now know about the ways of Dark Justice. That is, if it can ever be practiced in the midst of so much peace...

  • ...
6
 172
 3,880

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Friendship is Killer

Weird; Abnormal; Inequine; None of these words could even amount to what Twilight was seeing behind the jovial form of Discord. She had seen bipedal creatures that were either minotaurs or dragons, but these figures were entirely different, even if one of them actually did resembled a minotaur. Next to her, Spike was sharing mutual shock of the sight in front of her while she just listened to Discord declare the town's name to his associates.

This shock inside of Twilight was now slowly melded in with both a faint sense of interest and scientific fascination as she brought up a foreleg to point at the draconequus in front of her "Discord...Are those the guests Princess Celestia mentioned in her letter?" She asked softly.

Discord looked down at Twilight after his joyous proclamation and smirked "Well if it isn't the princess of friendship herself?" He nodded "Yes, the outsiders behind me are the guests Celestia deigned to 'warn' you about." Discord stated, twitching both of his talons in emphasis of his sarcasm.

Jabra cocked an eyebrow at Discord "Warn? What, is she that paranoid about us or something?" He asked, slightly irritated by Discord's words. Then again, he shrugged it off, knowing that the life of an assassin wasn't exactly taken lightly, even in this candy-coated world he was standing in.

Blueno wasn't deterred by the information shared by Discord in the slightest; in fact, he anticipated this sort of information sent to citizens outside of Canterlot "She does care deeply about her subjects, and we're entirely foreign from this place. Princess Celestia was smart to pass on a warning to someone else on moment's notice..." He explained to Jabra as he shifted his gaze to the perplexed lavender alicorn and examined her appearance "Another pony with both wings and a horn. Are you of royal blood as well?" Blueno asked inquisitively.

Twilight perked up and examined her own features before smiling at Blueno in embarrassment as she picked herself up from the ground "Well, yes and no, really. I only ascended into an alicorn about a couple of months ago, and I wanted to stay here in Ponyville and spend more time with my friends while reading up on royal etiquette, rather than stay in Canterlot." She said with as much calm as possible; on the inside, her inner scientist began to grow the more she looked upon the band of bipedal figures.

Discord saw the look in Twilight's eyes and smirked as he glided towards her and whispered in her ear "I know what you're thinking, and yes, they're from another world. But try not to let that bother your role as a princess..." He quipped with a titter, finding amusement in Twilight's eyes widening slightly.

Blueno was now as befuddled as he was curious upon the reply. Whoever heard of a princess ignoring her duties just to study in a small village away from her castle? Moreso, how powerful is the aspect of friendship in this world from what was gathered by Princess Celestia? It was a risky move, but he was willing to keep an open mind, since the land seemed peaceful enough despite Lucci's skepticism.

Twilight and Blueno stared in silence before she stammered and grinned sheepishly "Oh, look at me. Already a princess and I forget my manners." She cleared her throat and straightened her posture to where she stood in a dignified manner, a serene smile similar to Celestia seen on her face "Greetings to you all. My name is Twilight Sparkle." She greeted warmly as she looked at the many varying faces in front of her "For what it's worth, you can ignore my status as a princess and consider me a mentor if you wish to learn about the Magic of Friendship."

Blueno nodded "I'll be sure to turn to you for such information if need be." He replied.

Lucci saw fit to sneer at the last part of Twilight's introduction. The last thing he wanted right now was to be approached with more on the topic of friendship as if it were some kind of highly-respected dogma. He held a small amount of respect towards his associates and nothing more; that was all they needed from him. He decided to voice himself after Blueno "No offense to you, your highness, but you can pass on your teachings to those who would hold it to greater value." He stated in a straight tone. Meanwhile, Hattori merely cooed while giving a curt bow to Twilight in genuflect.

Twilight looked up at Lucci's cold gaze and felt a slight shiver. This must be the same guest Celestia warned her about in her letter. She decided to extend her politeness towards the bandaged man in an effort to open up his heart "Rob Lucci, correct?" She received a small nod in response, and smiled at him as she brought up her right foreleg "Celestia told me about you in her letter. It's a pleasure to meet you, and I hope you enjoy your stay here in Equestria."

Lucci stared at Twilight and wondered why Celestia even saw fit to bring up his name towards her, or how she was able to do so in little time. He brought out his right hand and gently grasped the alicorn's outstretched foreleg with it, his face unchanged "Charmed..." He replied with disinterest in his voice.

Twilight's spirits wavered from the easily detectable cold she felt from Lucci just saying that one word. They ended the hand-to-hoofshake and Twilight decided to direct her attention towards the other creatures "Well, since Discord brought you here, I'm guessing he'll show you around."

Discord smiled "You AND your friends are invited to join, of course." He said, winking to Twilight.

Twilight giggled "I was going to plan on introducing them to your guests. Maybe they'll like their company as well."

Kaku walked up next to Lucci "I have a question, Twilight Sparkle. Discord mentioned a group of heroes living in this very town. Are you affiliated with them, by any chance?"

Twilight looked up at Kaku and grinned "It's funny you've mentioned that topic." She placed a hoof on her chest "Me and my friends happen to be those heroes - or heroines - for a better term. We're known as the Elements of Harmony, and I happen to be the element of Magic."

Kaku blinked at the explanation "That explains the 'Magic of Friendship'." He then grasped his cap with his right hand "I'm almost as curious as Blueno and Kalifa right now. Do you know where we can find a library so we can read up on any topics of interest?"

Twilight beamed "I just so happen to live in one! It's the house right behind me a few feet away. Perhaps you and your friends can stop by whenever you have the time."

While Twilight and Kaku bantered on, Spike snapped out of his shock and began darting around the new creatures, catching better glimpses of them at different angles "Whoa, what are you guys? Aliens? Creations of Discord? Residents of Tartarus?"

Fukuro was easily confused by Spike's assumptions, but saw fit to answer "We're called humans, chapapa." He looked down at Spike's puny form and blinked "What are you supposed to be? Some kind of dragon, chapapa?"

Spike nodded up to Fukuro with a smile "Yeah, I'm a dragon. Thanks for noticing." He said brightly.

Jabra chuckled at Spike "I'm not sure I'd believe Fukuro on that account." He said as he walked up to and knelt in front of the purple dragon, patting him on the head "If you were a dragon, you'd be way bigger than all of us." He said, watching how Spike narrowed his eyes.

Twilight frowned at Jabra's rude response "That's because Spike's a baby dragon." She clarified firmly "And he's also my number one assistant."

Spike pointed a claw at Jabra "And for your information, I grew big once!" He looked away awkwardly "But...That was a year ago, and I was totally different back then..."

Kumadori stared down at Spike and trembled when he remembered a strikingly similar situation from the dragon's explanation. He spun his shakujo and slung it across his shoulders with his left hand, his right hand stuck out "Yoyoi~! As a dragon, you undoubtedly hold a hidden reserve of immense po-po-po-power~! Like a rat cornered by a cat, you would only wait until the right moment to unleash your fury~!" Spike blinked at Kumadori while he froze in his position.

Jabra laughed at Kumadori's words and grinned mockingly at Lucci "Hear that, Lucci? Looks like Spike can tear you to shreds if you piss him off!" He went back to his laughter, ignoring the death stare Lucci sent his way. Needless to say, it worked when Spike looked into his threatening eyes and backed away cautiously.

Twilight was taken aback that Jabra would openly swear in front of minors so easily and glared at him "I would appreciate it if you would refrain from that kind of language around Spike." She said with mild irritation.

Discord tussled Twilight's mane playfully "Sorry, Twi, but these little humans answer to my command. Observe." He cleared his throat, a balled fist covering his mouth before he directed his attention to Jabra, who ceased his laughter "Jabra, would you kindly take your language down a peg for the sake of the children? Your words could possibly warp their fragile little minds." He stated in a mockingly polite tone.

Jabra stared at Discord and looked away bitterly with crossed arms "Alright, fine, I get it. Understood, chief." He responded rashly, albeit obediently.

Discord easily contained himself after hearing his new title as he turned to Twilight with a smug smile "See? Whatever I say, goes. But who's to say that I'm gonna make them do unspeakable things?"

Twilight cast a dull expression towards Discord "You mean like making them carry out some pranks in your place?"

Discord shook a talon "Now now, Twilight, you know I'm much better than that." He placed a lion paw on his chest, a look of pride on his face "I happen to do my own work with my own claws, and make it an elegant display; a work of art if you will."

Twilight snorted before she looked towards the humans "Would you like to meet my friends? I'm sure they'll take a good interest in you." She directed her attention towards Kalifa, who was both silent and facing away from the rest of the group, and quirked an eyebrow "Umm...Is she alright?" She asked in concern.

Kaku tilted his head "Who, Kalifa?" He looked over at the token female of the humans and saw how she had remained motionless ever since her arrival, much like when she stared out at the royal gardens "...Now that you mention it, I'm just as curious myself."

Jabra stood up and noticed Kalifa's frozen form with the same amount of confusion and curiosity as Kaku and Twilight "I'll bet she's having second thoughts about this place." He walked over to Kalifa and examined how her face was seemingly calm and collected, and waved a hand in her face "Hello? Earth to Kalifa! You there?" Jabra's method of communication was rewarded with an abrupt twitch from the blonde woman, causing him to draw away slightly "Are you alright? Is this town bugging you that much?" He was met with another twitch, causing to scratch his head.

From Kalifa's point of view, she saw it all; vibrantly colored ponies doing things commonly seen by humans; wandering to and fro with their own daily routines, and even watching some fillies and colts galloping freely and giggling without a care in the world. Sure, she saw ponies posed as guards and chefs back at Canterlot castle, but this was nearly sending her mind reeling to whole new intervals. An assassin such as herself shouldn't be subject to such a burst of barely contained emotions in a whole new world when she already saw a small portion of it.

Before she could even act rashly, she quickly faced the others with no change to her facial expression, pushing her glasses in front of her eyes "Would you kindly show us around Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle? I'd like to know more about this place." She said without any strain in her voice, slightly unsettling Jabra.

Twilight nodded to Kalifa with a warm smile "Certainly. I'll be glad to give you all the tour."

Discord flew into the air and performed a backwards loop before staring down at the group below him "Then what are we standing around like statues for? Where do we begin?"

Spike raised a claw in the air, as if he were a student wanting to answer "Twilight and I were gonna head over to Sugarcube Corner." He winced at the group of assassins "But now I'm having second thoughts because of these guys running into Pinkie..."

Discord looked around in an attempt to scout out suitable areas to travel towards, until he noticed that passing ponies had stopped to gawk at the humans that stood next to Twilight and Spike. He giggled to himself "I'd be more worried about our guests' rising popularity." Discord said as he floated down and slumped in a resting position while in the air "What say we make this easier and split into two groups?" He pointed at Twilight lazily "You can have Kaku, Blueno, and Kalifa, since they seem to be the most eager to see Ponyville while I have the rest to myself. Sound fair?"

Twilight went to agree until she stole a look at Lucci, who simply looked back at his growing audience in silence as if nothing else mattered to him. She frowned to herself in thought over his first impression, but then smiled when she realized that he needed time to adjust and learn more about what's offered to him. Twilight looked up at Discord "Actually, I'd like to have Rob Lucci with me as well, if you don't mind."

Spike darted his head towards Twilight "Say what now?" He shivered when the aforementioned human shifted his gaze towards the alicorn at the sound of his name. Hattori tilted his head and gave off a questioning coo at Twilight's suggestion.

"I'm sure you won't mind, since this is merely both a walk around the town and a good learning experience for our new guests." Twilight said as she turned to the cold assassin with a curious glance "I only want to have Lucci at my side so I could at least get to know him better while I show him around."

Discord blinked down at Twilight until he shrugged it off "Suit yourself." He looked down at Lucci "Now, Rob, I would like for you to be a good sport and follow Twilight around, listen to what she has to say, and at least be mindful towards whom she chooses to show you to. In retrospect, she's gonna be your temporary superior until I say otherwise." He smiled as he pointed a claw "In an event that you happen to run into a pony named Fluttershy before me, tell her I said hello."

Lucci stared up at Discord and simply responded with "Understood..." before he stood beside his group, leaving the draconequus and the remaining assassins in their own group. They parted ways and went into different parts of Ponyville while trying to ignore the many curious and terrified looks they received from other ponies; Twilight and Spike were already uneasy unlike Discord, who simply glided in a carefree manner.

When they were far from each other, Jabra walked ahead in his group with a scowl "Great, we're separated and I'm stuck with you two assholes..." He said, voicing his contempt towards Fukuro and Kumadori, both of which were easily offended.

"Yoyoi~! Surely you don't mean that, do you, Jabra~?" Kumadori asked with his teeth bared in a frown "We hold you in high regard as a friend~! And as such, friends must stick together in even the worst of conditions~!"

A certain white hand smacked what appeared to be a drum that made a 'ponk' sound.

Jabra growled and looked back at the kabuki performer "You're thinking of marriage! And even if we are friends, you're both still annoying!" He said as he continued to walk ahead.

Fukuro moaned "But we never said anything bad about you. Why do you even hate us so much, chapapa?" He asked in pity.

Discord smiled playfully at Jabra "Oh, Jabra, must you be so cruel? Come join in beside your friends in your walk!"

Jabra didn't face Discord as he walked "Sorry, chief, but I'd like to be a lone wolf right now. It's better for me that way."

Discord's smile widened "In that case, I order you to walk beside your friends."

Jabra froze before he growled and slowed his pace to be in between Kumadori and Fukuro, muttering a curse under his breath. He shifted his glance between the two giants, seeing how they easily walked ahead while viewing the scenery. He decided to follow their example rather than make small talk and tried to spot any possible points of interest. So far, the vibrant coloring of his surroundings was starting to grow on him; it was a good change of scenery from the endless ocean he sailed on with his comrades. Most of the buildings looked exactly the same except for certain areas that stuck out with their own unique, if not bizarre architecture.

One of which happened to appear as if it were made of candy.

Jabra stopped in his tracks and gaped at the distant sight "What the hell?"

Fukuro and Kumadori followed suit after hearing Jabra's outburst and eventually shared his shock "Wow! A house made of candy? How cool, chapapa!" The former said in awe, a wide smile on his face.

Kumadori struck a pose as he faced the building with the others "Yoyoi~! Such a si-sight to behold~! What a surprise~!"

Discord lazily backstroked in the air above the trio "Ah, yes, you folks have good eyes. What you're looking at is the famous Sugarcube Corner, as mentioned earlier by Spike. They make the finest pastries and sweets in Ponyville for you to enjoy." He looked down at the awestruck assassins "Would you like to see it up close and personal? One of Twilight's friends happen to live there."

Jabra stroked his goatee "I dunno...I find that place a little too good to be true." He squinted his eyes at the house "Something tells me I'm gonna be facing trouble the moment I set foot into that place."

Discord leaned his head down at Jabra with an entertained look on his face "Am I to believe you're relying on instinct to guide your path? Why not throw caution to the wind and have a looksie?" He said persuasively.

Jabra took a step back while he eyed Sugarcube Corner cautiously "I don't know, okay? Something about that house made of candy just rubs me the wrong way..."

Discord rolled his eyes "You know, it only LOOKS like it's made of candy. But if you're so adamant about saving that place for later, we can head someplace else."

Fukuro raised his hand "I wanna look at it up close, chapapa. Can I, chief? Please~?"

Discord chuckled at Fukuro's childish behavior and waved a paw "Go ahead, my 'silent' owl."

With a 'chapa' of joy, Fukuro winked out of existence, much to the intrigue of Discord, and reappeared next to one of Sugarcube Corner's windows. Discord beamed in delight "Well well! You humans are just full of surprises!" He quipped cheerfully.

Jabra grinned pridefully at the praise he received "That's just one of the skills that we're good at. Not all humans are capable of our feats."

Fukuro inched himself towards the closest window and peeked inside with one eye. Truthfully, he expected to see all sorts of sweets on display, but all he got was what appeared to be a large blue eye surrounded by pink that stared back at him. Both eyes blinked at the same time while they stared at one another, then Fukuro saw fit to break eye contact to turn back at Discord, a look of disappointment on his face "There's nothing in there, chapapa. Did you lie to us, Discord?"

Discord was taken aback by the question "Lie? Moi?" He gave off a thin smile "Only when I'm enjoying a good prank..." The draconequus then donned a look of befuddlement "But I assure you I'm doing nothing of the sort right now."

Fukuro pointed at the window he peeked in "Well, all I saw was something staring back at me."

Discord remained silent until a wide grin crept onto his face "Pray tell, what color was it?"

"Blue; it was blue, but I also saw some pink, chapapa." Fukuro quickly responded. He heard a creak and turned right to see Sugarcube Corner's front door swing open to reveal a pink mare with a wide toothy grin on her face. Like Fukuro mentioned, her eyes were blue, and her mane and tail were both wild, resembling cotton candy.

Before Fukuro could even react, he found the same pony in front of him, her eyes glittering in wonder "Wow...You're huge! Are you some kind of talking balloon?"

Fukuro was instantly offended as he leered down at Pinkie "Chapa! I'm not a balloon, dummy! I'm a human!"

The pink pony blinked and cocked her head to the side "A human? What's a human?"

"A rare species unseen in Equestria." said Discord as he approached the two with Jabra and Kumadori in tow "These fine folks are three of the seven that happen to be visiting here for the time being." He directed a paw towards the pink pony "You three, I would like for you all to meet Pinkamena Diane Pie; Pinkie Pie for short. She's the element of Laughter, and plans parties like nopony's business."

Pinkie donned a chipper grin "Nice to meet you all! Did everypony else see you yet?"

Discord fidgeted his claws "Well, not everypony, buuuut..." He looked back at some of the ponies behind in their trail staring wide-eyed at the humans "...we're working on that at the moment." He smirked "We've already ran into Twilight and Spike and we're giving a tour in two groups." He waved a lion paw towards the three humans "As you see before you, I'm with these three; Jabra, Fukuro, and Kumadori."

Pinkie got a better look at the humans up close and stopped when he saw Kumadori, beaming up at his large figure, then the shakujo gripped in his right hand "That's a neat looking staff you got there. Are you a king?"

Kumadori stuck his left hand out at Pinkie "Yoyoi~! Sadly, I'm no royal icon~! I'm but a wandering warrior, much like my comrades~! Through our travels, we await the fierce battles that lie, lie, lie ahead of us~!" He rotated his head as he spoke his last sentence.

Fukuro spoke up "Actually, we're-" Before he could finish, Jabra knocked the loud mass down and zipped up his mouth forcibly, growling in anger as he did so.

Pinkie was confused at first, but then found the action to be humorous as she laughed at them "Are you guys performers, too? Because that would be super awesome. Dashie would love you guys!"

Jabra darted his head towards Pinkie "No, we're assa-!" He quickly clamped his mouth shut with both of his hands as his eyes widened; He could not believe he would actually compromise his job before Fukuro. The boisterous man stared at the smiling pink pony, then turned to a nervous Kumadori and Discord, the former shaking his head while the latter made a gesture of cutting his neck. He turned back to Pinkie and spoke again "...Assistants. We're assistants to Discord." He turned to Discord with a grin that feigned innocence "Isn't that right, chief?"

Discord smiled at Jabra's recovery. The best part was he was technically telling the truth, so there was no harm or foul from his words. He easily responded to Jabra "But of course. And let me tell you that you're doing a splendid job thus far in...assisting me." He said with a wink.

Pinkie pointed at Jabra "You guys could probably get along with Spike, since he's Twilight's assistant." She gasped before she grinned "Oh my gosh! I gotta meet the rest of your friends! Can I come with you and your assistants, Discord?"

Discord nodded "The more the merrier. The plan was to run into you and your friends while showing these guys around. What say you be my secondary tour guide?"

Pinkie smiled "Would I?" She turned to the three assassins with a wide grin "You're all in for a treat! If you thought Ponyville was good so far, you haven't seen nothing yet!"

Jabra stared at Pinkie in deadpan "I didn't have any opinion of this place to begin with."

Fukuro rose and unzipped his mouth as he rubbed his head from Jabra's attack "Hopefully there's a place where Jabra won't attack me, chapapa..." He said pitifully.

Kumadori struck a pose as he towered over Pinkie Pie "Yoyoi~! Not only are we in the presence of a famed heroine~, but she is to accompany us in our ve-venture across this colorful village~! Most impressive~!"

Pinkie giggled and clapped at Kumadori's speech pattern and gestures "I already like you a lot. I'm glad we're gonna be friends!"

Jabra stared dumbfounded at Pinkie "Wait a minute. Since when were we-" Two claws were pressed against his lips courtesy of Discord

"Shshshshhhh...Just let it happen..." Discord said in a low tone, his eyes closed "It's commonplace around here."

Jabra grunted and sighed in defeat "Fine, I guess were friends starting today. Even if we only spoke to each other just now." He said begrudgingly. He thought how such a thing was even possible in this world, especially when his own world was admittedly messed up at one point; devil fruit and whatnot.

Pinkie pronked around the group happily "Oh, there's gonna be so much to show you all, I don't even know where to begin! We could always go visit Davenport's quill and sofa store. Or maybe I can take you all to see Rarity at Carousel Boutique since you wanna see my friends, too. Oh! How about I take you all to see Fluttershy!" She then froze in the air with a pensive glance, much to the amazement of the humans "Hmm...Then again, she'd probably be afraid of you since you're not really animals..."

Fukuro saw his moment to speak again "That's not true. Jabra's a wolf, chapapa!" He said, pointing to the aforementioned human.

Jabra stammered and glared at Fukuro "Don't tell her that, you moron!" He snapped.

Pinkie stared at Jabra in disbelief "Really? You don't look the part. I mean, you're not furry enough." She sped up to Jabra and was found on his back, moving one of his arms "You got no claws..." She inspected his facial features "You got no snout..." She tugged at one of Jabra's cheeks despite his protest and viewed his teeth "Well, your teeth are sharp, but not wolf sharp." She then released her hold on his cheek to tug at an ear "Your ears aren't like a wolf's neither." Pinkie looked down at the human's backside after moving his ponytail "And you got no tail." She hopped off of Jabra and eyed him skeptically "You're something alright, but you're definitely not a wolf."

Normally, Jabra would let this particular thing slide for the sake of hiding his anonymity, but now he felt as if his own pride was being crushed despite standing at a random spot in town. Blinded by Pinkie's seemingly offensive comment, he growled and pointed a finger at her "You want proof? Then allow me to show you!" Jabra stood perfectly still as he stared down at Pinkie, then grinned as he began to grow in size.

His body had changed as he grew; black and grey fur had grown on his skin; claws were seen on his fingers; a large cartoonish snout and a set of wolf ears were seen in place of his former human features; Jabra's body had bulked up entirely in muscle, showing part of his black tattoo on his left pectoral. Finally, a large furred tail lightly swayed as Jabra stared down at Pinkie with his taunting grin, seeing her look of disbelief "What do you think of this, huh?" He pointed a clawed thumb at himself "This is the power of my devil fruit; Mutt-Mutt fruit: Model Wolf!"

Discord nonchalantly glided over to Jabra, placing a lion paw on his shoulder "Jabra, while I'm very entertained with this pleasant surprise of you changing form and that..." He waved a claw around a group of frightened ponies "Need I remind you you're being watched?" Discord said, as if nothing horrible came from the wolf's actions.

Jabra stared blankly at the many gaping faces around him until he felt like slapping himself in the face "Aww, dammit! I let her get to me!" He said, grasping his head with his claws.

"Diamond dog!"

"It's a giant diamond dog!"

"How was it able to disguise itself so well in such a smaller form!?"

"The hay's a Mutt-Mutt fruit?"

Fukuro watched how everypony around him, save for Pinkie, run around in a panic, while others ran off to safer areas in Ponyville "Diamond dog? But Jabra's a wolf human..."

Kumadori held his shakujo over his head with both hands "This is unacceptable~! Our Jabra is suffering from an identity crisis~! We must clear his name immediately~!"

Jabra flinched when he realized he caused a disturbance "Crap! I gotta put a stop to this!"

Discord patted Jabra's shoulder with a comforting smile "Leave that to me. Just stand there and look pretty for me, would you?" He snapped his talons and conjured a megaphone, speaking into it "Everypony, may I have your attention, please?" His question was met with more screams and running "Please calm down. I assure you this wolf is both domestic and friendly! He just made friends with Pinkie Pie earlier!"

"It's true!"

The ponies around the group had stopped, and they, along with Discord and the three assassins, looked down to see Pinkie Pie with a megaphone of her own "Don't worry, everypony! Jabry's a nice guy, even if he is a wolf, or diamond dog, or whatever he is!"

Jabra twitched an eye at Pinkie, not because she was defending him, but was seen with a megaphone out of nowhere. This was just as surprising as when Kumadori is usually found with his knife 'Where did she get that?' There was a pause, and Jabra looked annoyed '...Did she just call me Jabry?'

Pinkie smiled as she continued "Just keep calm and carry on! He's with Discord, so he's not that bad!" The mentioned draconequus gave a friendly wave to the ponies that listened to Pinkie.

There were some murmurs of uncertainty, but Pinkie's words had managed to sink into the ponyfolk as they ceased their panic and went back to their own routines, though they eyed Jabra cautiously while doing so. When he was certain the panic had stopped, Jabra looked down at Pinkie "Thanks for the save. Where did you get a megaphone, anyways?" He asked curiously.

Pinkie merely giggled "I always have megaphones stashed around Ponyville in case of megaphone emergency. Buuuut, I got this one out of my mane." She said before sticking her item back into her wild mane.

Discord smirked at the three assassins "Count yourselves lucky. You dodged one heck of a bullet back there." He looked up to see a prismatic blur headed towards them, pointing up at it while staring blankly "On second thought, I take that back. You should probably brace yourselves quickly." The draconequus added in a straight tone.

Jabra stared at Discord until he followed his gaze and grunted before he stood still, his arms crossed in front of his face and chest "Tekkai!" He shouted as the blur closed in on him and him alone.

When the blur collided with him, Jabra was pushed back a couple of inches until he noticed a cyan pony that was on his arms. There was a pause until the pony quickly drew back towards the ground and gave off a pained shout, rubbing her shoulder after her attempted attack "Sweet Celestia! I know diamond dogs are tougher than they look, but you're like some kind of brick wall!" She complained in a raspy voice.

Jabra pointed a claw at himself with a comical expression of anger on his face "I'm not a freaking diamond dog! I'm a wolf!"

The cyan pony snorted and stared down Jabra as she pawed at the ground with a foreleg "Well, whatever you are, you better get ready. You might've lucked out in enduring my last attack, but I'm ready for you now. You're gonna regret scaring everypony like that!"

Jabra stared at the pony in befuddlement before he reeled his head back and roared with defiant laughter "You're kidding, right? I've had my share of opponents, but you're nothing special." He smirked down at the angered pony "However, I'm willing to oblige since you attacked me..."

Before either of them could make the first move, Discord leapt in between them, soaring through the air in slow motion with his arms spread out "Waaaaaait~!" He said in the same motion he was flying in, stopping the two in confusion.

Jabra blinked at Discord "What the-? How are you doing that, chief?" He then narrowed his eyes "And why should I ignore this?" He asked angrily.

Discord continued to sail in the air as he spoke in slow motion "She's a friend~. Don't hurt her~."

Fukuro stared at Discord's action in wonder "Chief Discord's really amazing, chapapa."

The cyan pony stared blankly at Fukuro and Kumadori after hearing the former 'Wow...Those guys are huge!' She then leered at Discord "Wait, these freaks are with you, Discord? What's going on?"

Discord ceased his slow-motion shenanigans to face the confused pegasus "Well, you see, I was merely giving these fine folks a tour around Ponyville and we stumbled upon Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie happened to get acquainted with them, but somehow pushed Jabra into becoming a giant wolf." He turned to Jabra with an intrigued glance "And you said a fruit did this? Your world must be full of chaotic wonders..."

Jabra nodded "Yeah, the devil fruit in our world have all sorts of powers; this is just one of them." He said as he reverted back into his human form and leered back at the rainbow-maned pony "Anyways, who's this girl? I want to know the name of the weakling that had the balls to try and surprise me with an attack."

The pegasus perked up at the insult "Weakling!?" She gritted her teeth and glared at Jabra "Oh, I oughta-"

Pinkie sped in front of her and held her hooves out while grinning nervously "Aw, c'mon, Dashie. I'm sure Jabra was kidding."

Discord snickered at Jabra's attempt to antagonize the pegasus and spoke "She's another one of the Elements of Harmony. Her name's Rainbow Dash, the element of Loyalty. She's also the self-proclaimed fastest flier in Equestria."

Jabra crossed his arms and looked away with an unamused glance "Obviously, she wasn't fast enough to take me down..." He said with a scoff.

Pinkie muttered an 'Uh oh', and Rainbow Dash was now trying to wriggle her way out of Pinkie's grip as she tried to reach for Jabra with an indignant look in her eyes "You jerk! Wait until I get my hooves on you! Then we'll see who's not fast enough!"

Kumadori held out his free hand as he watched Rainbow Dash struggle in Pinkie's grip "Yoyoi~! Her heart burns with the fiery passion of a warrior~! She must be a force to be reckoned with to rush into battle so quickly~!"

Rainbow Dash ceased her struggling to stare at Kumadori, her temper fading "Uhh...Thanks?" She got a better look at Kumadori and placed a hoof on her chin "You kinda look like a rock star, but you talk weird."

Pinkie loosened her grip on Rainbow Dash to laugh "Isn't he great? I like the way Kummy talks." She turned to Kumadori with a smile "Can you tell us more about yourself?" Pinkie said with hopes of hearing more of the kabuki performer's dialect.

Kumadori spun his shakujo as he looked down at Pinkie and Rainbow Dash "Yoyoi~! I honor both my code as a ronin, and the bonds I share with my friends~! Like them, I possess the skills needed to defend myself and others if I so choose~!" He struck a pose as he faced Rainbow Dash "A thousand pardons on my behalf for my friend Jabra~! Please look, look, look over his behavior and consider us as acquaintences like Pinkamena~!"

He struck another pose and closed his eye while some blossom petals were carried in the wind out of nowhere "A kind pink pony~! Who welcomes us without pause~! Surely, a grand sight~!" A tear rolled down his right eye as he ended his random haiku.

Pinkie stomped the ground in applause "That was great!" She turned to Rainbow Dash "Wasn't it, Dashie?"

Rainbow Dash quirked an eyebrow at Kumadori, then faced Pinkie "I'm kinda uncomfortable with these guys. Are there any more like them here in Ponyville?"

Fukuro was found behind Rainbow Dash and Pinkie "Princess Twilight Sparkle and her assistant Spike have the rest of our friends at another part of Ponyville, chapapa." Rainbow Dash yelped and jumped away from Fukuro as she hovered in the air. She stared at the loud mass warily, wondering how she didn't see him move so quickly.

Discord laughed "You heard it from Fukuro, Rainbow Dash. There's more humans for you to look at once we run into them. Until then, we're gonna go find the rest of your friends and show our guests around town."

Pinkie grinned "We might go to Fluttershy's next since Jabry's a wolf."

Rainbow Dash placed a hoof on her chest "Then I'm coming with you." She narrowed her eyes at Jabra "I'm not gonna let these guys scare Fluttershy into her house, even if one of them's an animal."

Jabra rolled his eyes and looked away from Rainbow Dash "You act like that's my hobby or something. Fine, if this 'Fluttershy' is so important to you, we'll leave her alone for now." He looked up at Discord "Any other places worth going to, chief?"

Discord smiled "As a matter of fact, yes. Let's move into the market square and see if Applejack's around." He said as he floated away, signalling the group, now with Pinkie and Rainbow Dash, to follow.

Fukuro hummed in delight "This Applejack sounds delicious, chapapa."

Pinkie laughed at Fukuro's comment as she trotted beside him "It's her apples that are delicious, silly. She has all sorts of apple-related stuff, too! Like apple pies, apple juice, apple fritters, apple tarts, caramel apples..." She continued naming off several apple-related sweets as the group continued further towards the market square.

Jabra thought he had enough trouble with Kumadori and Fukuro to begin with.
_____

Twilight took point in leading the group of assassins behind her while Spike rode on her back. Through their trail, she was able to catch the names of the humans that traveled with Lucci. The alicorn princess looked back at her guests and smiled at their wandering eyes until she noticed Lucci easily looking ahead without any emotion like a soulless machine. Meanwhile, Hattori was more curious about Ponyville than his owner. While they had their own interests, Twilight herself was more and more curious about the guests she was guiding around ever since Discord claimed they were from another world. She looked back ahead and tried to distinguish a good starting point in her tour, though was discouraged when many ponies were glancing at the group warily.

Spike whispered to Twilight "Are you sure it's a good idea to have these humans in Ponyville? I mean, sure, I shouldn't judge by their appearance and stuff, but they're really creeping me out." He looked over at Lucci and shuddered "Especially that Rob Lucci guy..."

Twilight frowned and whispered back without facing Spike "We shouldn't be rude to them, Spike. They're already being misunderstood and we want them to feel welcome here." She looked around and smiled when she spotted a luxurious building in the distance that resembled a carousel "I think I know where to start." She said with a smile.

Blueno was the first to react to Twilight's raised voice "Where exactly?" He asked in his deep voice.

Twilight pointed to the distant building "Over there. That building's called Carousel Boutique. My friend Rarity lives there, and she designs clothes as her career."

Kalifa donned a ghost of a smile "A fashionista, you say? Is she renowned for her work?"

Twilight nodded "Of course. Let's head over there and see if she's home, shall we?"

"Lead the way." said Kaku as he followed behind Twilight and Spike. He looked at his clothes and tugged at his collar "If she makes clothes, then hopefully she could offer us some. I'm not too keen on wearing the same outfit over and over." He said as he stared at his striped shirt. Kaku didn't mind that Kalifa and Kumadori did the shopping for clothes, but their supplies were now resting back on the marine ship that was sitting in the middle of the sea outside of Baltimare.

Spike pointed a claw at Kaku "Well, you're in luck. Rarity happens to be the element of Generosity; she could give free clothes to anypony." He tilted his head "But why would you want so much clothes?"

Kaku held up a hand "Well, for starters, we're not exactly comfortable walking around naked." It suddenly clicked into his mind that the residents of Equestria were practically naked and he felt embarrassed to travel around with Twilight "Well, that is, not that it's a bad thing around here..." He added hesitantly.

Twilight giggled "We understand; you're all from an entirely different world, so obviously you abide by different customs." She looked back at the assassins as they neared the building "By the way, could you perhaps share with me some key interests of your world once we reach the library? I look forward to exchanging information with you all."

Blueno looked down at Twilight "Of course. But I doubt it would prove useful to you, since you're not likely to see what's in our world."

"I'd advise against such a thing myself." Lucci cut in callously "I won't stop you in seeking knowledge, but you'll have no one to blame but yourself once you learn more of our darker secrets..."

Spike gazed at Lucci with a curious glance "Is it that bad where you're from?"

Lucci looked down at Spike, his cold gaze easily unsettling the purple dragon "If your world is peaceful according to Princess Celestia, then you wouldn't last long in ours..." Hattori cooed in agreement.

When they reached Carousel Boutique, Twilight rapped on the door before turning to Lucci "I'm willing to chance learning more about your world, but I should focus more on showing you all around first. I hope Discord isn't giving you all any trouble." She said sympathetically.

Blueno shook his head "He treats us with respect and care, but he seems more eccentric unlike our previous boss."

Kaku crossed his arms "I agree; he seems rather carefree for an all-powerful being in this world, but he means well, at least."

Twilight smiled "Glad to hear it. I hope you all will enjoy your stay in Equestria." She heard the front door to Carousel Boutique open, and Twilight turned to see a white unicorn mare with an ornately-curled purple mane answer the door.

The mare noticed Twilight and Spike upon first glance and smiled warmly "Why hello there, You two." She said in a sophisticated accent. Her smile left for a brief moment "May I ask why you chose to knock on my door rather than make your way inside? Mind you, I'm not busy at the moment."

Twilight smiled in embarrassment "Hi, Rarity. I am sorry that we did just that, but we have some guests we'd like for you to meet." She looked back at the quartet of assassins "Discord stopped by in Ponyville to show them around."

Rarity followed Twilight's gaze and gasped when she got a better look at the humans behind her, bringing a foreleg to cover her muzzle "My word..." She whispered, leaving a brief pause as each of the assassins stared back in curiosity for a further response.

Twilight herself folded her ears back over the possibility that Rarity could be fearfully bothered by the humans that towered over other ponies with ease. Spike felt the same way himself, although he wasn't sure on how to comfort Rarity. They only switched their gazes between their friend and their guests waiting for a response out of either party, and they saw how Rarity took a step forward with her eyes on the humans "All of you..." She uttered until she was seen with a bright grin.

"...look positivey marvelous!"

Kaku blinked and scratched his head as he smiled bashfully "Well, thank you for the compliment. It's not every day you meet someone who would say that."

Kalifa smirked proudly as she received her praise "It would seem that I've made the right decision in purchasing outfits for each of you after all." She looked over at the other males "No need to thank me for my choice of clothing, gentlemen."

Rarity directed her attention to Kalifa "So you made the purchase on these clothes? Would you share with me the place you've received them?" She asked with a friendly smile.

Twilight stepped in front of Rarity with a nervous gaze "Well, you see, Rarity, the place where they got their clothes is from isn't exactly reachable...well...it's just-"

"We're from another world..." Lucci said bluntly, slightly annoyed with the prospect of beating around the bush. Hattori shook his head at Twilight in disappointment for not being able to come out with it easily.

Rarity drew herself back "Another world? That explains your appearance." She turned to Twilight "How in Equestria did they stumble upon Ponyville, if that were the case?"

Spike pointed a claw at the humans "Discord brought these guys with him into Ponyville. We don't exactly know the full details yet, though."

Blueno looked down at the ponies and dragon "I'm willing to answer that for you. We were traveling on a ship-"

"Wait, you were at sea before coming here?" Spike interrupted, becoming more intrigued with the tale as he gained more height by placing his claws on Twilight's head and lifting himself up slightly, much to the princess' chagrin "Can you tell us more?"

Blueno held out his hands in a placating motion "There's no need to get riled up over a simple story. We merely crossed an invisible field and ended up near a city called Baltimare, according to Discord..." He rubbed his chin with his right hand, his left hand resting on his hip "Looking back on it, he was responsible for bringing us here with his magic, after all. Not that we can complain, since we were searching for a place to stay for the time being."

Spike relented when he caught on to Twilight's irritation, and the alicorn looked up with a tilted head "So you came here from a ship. Are you all sailors, by chance?"

Kaku instantly cracked a fixed smile; he felt better to tell a little white lie without Fukuro around "Basically yes. Our world has some vast oceans. We were merely sailing around and looking for an area to rest and possibly gather supplies."

Rarity smiled "Well, you're always welcome here in Ponyville. Would you like to come inside?" She got a better look at the humans' respective heights and winced "Erm, provided it won't be too small for you all..."

Kalifa pushed her glasses in front of her eyes "I'd kindly oblige to the offer myself, but I also wish to catch a better glimpse of this town; get the lay of the land, as it were."

Twilight smiled at Rarity "We came over wondering if you wished to come along and get better acquainted with our guests."

Rarity nodded "I would be delighted." She looked over at Kalifa "It's always nice to be around another lady, even if she's from another world." She trotted out of the boutique and closed the door "You made great time, too. I was planning to pick up my sweet little Opal from Fluttershy's today. Why don't we go there and converse for the time being?"

Spike frowned "Wouldn't that be a risky move, since she'll possibly hide from the humans once she sees them?"

Twilight looked up at Lucci, almost willing to agree with Spike until she noticed Hattori resting on the killer's shoulder, donning an encouraged smile "I think she won't mind their company since Rob Lucci has a pet pigeon."

Rarity blinked "Really?" She looked up at the mentioned bird "I never really noticed at first..." After catching a glimpse of Hattori's tie, she placed a hoof on her cheek, a captivated look on her face "Awwww~! What a darling little tie. Fluttershy would adore the cute little thing."

"Does the pigeon have a name?" Twilight asked Lucci inquisitively.

Lucci looked over at his pet pigeon, his expression unchanged "His name is Hattori. He's been with me most of my life..." He responded stonily. Hattori gave off a cheerful coo to the two ponies and dragon, a wing held up in greeting.

Rarity continued to examine Lucci after his response and hummed "You really have that mysterious background to go with your appearance. Are you a model, perhaps?"

Kaku cut in quickly "Actually, Lucci and I both had jobs as shipwrights. We were laid off after we had some issues at the workplace." He placed his hands on his hips with a smile that feigned determination "Not that it matters to us anymore. We're merely getting by with life on the high seas."

Spike turned to Blueno and Kalifa "What about you two? Were you shipwrights as well?"

Kalifa shook her head "Actually, I used to be a secretary. I share the same reasons as Lucci and Kaku for being laid off."

Blueno raised a hand "I worked as a bartender myself for a while. It was a good job while it lasted, but I couldn't just watch my friends leave, so I joined them as well."

Twilight nodded in respect to Blueno's reason "You're all a unique group of friends to stick together in the worst conditions. I'm sorry about you all being unemployed." She said sympathetically.

Blueno waved a hand dismissively "It's really nothing to worry about. We'll get by eventually, and we're having a good time in this place thus far."

Lucci was able to keep a straight face after the small comment, but he inwardly felt like kicking Blueno for making it seem like he was growing attached to this place himself. He hoped that he wouldn't have to stay in Equestria for too long when he wished to go back into his own world.

Twilight smiled "Well, why don't we talk more on the way to Fluttershy's then? Maybe she would like to hear about your-"

"Diamond Dog! Diamond Dog!"

The group noticed a pink mare with a yellow mane and a flower cutie mark galloping away with a look of horror in her eyes "Everypony run away! There's a giant diamond dog near Sugarcube Corner!" She stopped to stare at the humans near Twilight and Rarity, then screeched before darting off at a speed that could possibly rival Rainbow Dash.

From hearing this, the humans glanced at each other before looking down at a baffled Twilight "A diamond dog? Here? But I thought they left us alone a couple of years ago." The alicorn said in confusion.

Rarity growled "They probably hatched a revenge plan through that long period. And here I thought they were dimwitted." She quipped with an icy tone.

Spike scratched his head "But why would there be just one?"

Twilight narrowed her eyes at the direction where the frightened mare came in "Whatever the number, we can't look away from this." She said with determination as she stood tall.

"Please, Twilight, let us handle this..."

Twilight ceased her bravado to look up at Lucci, who merely stared back with his cold and calculating eyes "Our numbers alone can easily overwhelm the beast, even if it is supposedly big..."

"Before we go, are diamond dogs actually made of diamonds? We'll need some basic information on what we're up against." Blueno stated in his own matter-of-fact tone.

Twilight shook her head "No, they're not actually made of diamonds; they're just beasts who love to dig for diamonds. Like you, they're usually seen on their hind legs and wearing clothes. But we've never really seen a giant one in our time." She looked up at the humans "If you're willing to do this for us, I won't stop you, but you should be careful..."

Spike pointed a claw at the humans "I'd watch out if I were you. Diamond dogs love to dig to mess around with whoever's after them."

Twilight's explanation earned the pause from the assassins. They glanced at each other, and Kaku arched an eyebrow towards his comrades with a quizzical look in his eyes "You don't think...?"

Kalifa lidded her eyes in deadpan "If their information proves accurate, then we shouldn't have much to worry about."

"If it is, however, then we should probably find him before he causes any more harm." Blueno said in a straight tone.

"Agreed. Let's start this little mission and see who's causing trouble around here." Lucci said curtly. After their stood until they said one word simultaneously.

"Soru."

In front of their eyes, Twilight, Rarity, and Spike saw the humans instantly vanish without a trace. They drew themselved back in their shock "They can use magic without horns!?" Twilight broke the silence.

Spike shook off his awe to recall Blueno's appearance "Well, Blueno has two horns, so wouldn't he be able to do it?"

Rarity frowned "Well, we can't just leave them behind like that, can we?"

Twilight nodded "That's true. For all we know, they just might be strong enough to overwhelm their enemy and more." She said as the two ponies galloped for Sugarcube Corner, Spike riding on Twilight's back.
_____

Fukuro had never felt so content in finding a kindred spirit who had a penchant for talking as much as himself. He smiled widely as he talked with Pinkie Pie, her talking of apples derailing into an explanation about something called the fourth wall "So I'm able to see more people if I look hard enough, chapapa?"

Pinkie shook her head "Sure, and it's a lot easier than you think. Once you get the hang of it, the people you see can be very nice once you get to know them." She said encouragingly with a grin to match.

Rainbow Dash sighed at Pinkie's shenanigans as she hovered next to Discord "There she goes again..." She turned her head at Jabra and glared at him while he walked further ahead of the group, away from the others as he had his hands rested contently behind his head.

Discord noticed this and patted Rainbow Dash's head with his eagle claw "Now now, Rainbow, there's no need to get worked up over the smaller things. In a sense, it's almost like looking into a mirror..." He said with a giggle.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rainbow Dash snapped irritably.

Discord waved his claw "Never you mind." He spotted a stand selling apples and apple-based treats being ran by an orange pony wearing a stetson and pointed a talon "Oh look, there she is!" Despite the many looks he and the group received from the ponies around them, Discord waved his arms like an eager child grabbing attention "Applejack~! Applejack~!"

From the apple stand, the pony called Applejack answered to her name and saw Discord, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash traveling with three strange creatures, her eyes widening in surprise "What in the hay?" She murmured in a southern drawl. She watched the group approach her stand and focused mainly on the draconequus grinning at her "Okay, Ah'll bite. What're ya up to this time, Discord?" Applejack asked with a suspicious glance.

Fukuro instantly spoke up "Chief Discord was showing us around Ponyville and wanted to see you next, chapapa."

Rainbow Dash pointed a hoof at the loud mass "What he said." She added unenthusiastically "How's business, AJ?"

Applejack frowned "Was moving slow an' steady-like until Ah saw y'all movin' in here along with everypony else. Mind tellin' me who these folks are?" She asked her friends.

Pinkie hopped in front of the stand with a grin "These guys are assistants to Discord. They're called humans."

Jabra looked at the assortment of items and winced when he thought about having meat 'This sucks...Apples are good and stuff, but I really miss the taste of meat...What's a guy gotta do to get just that around here?' He thought to himself morosely.

Applejack caught Jabra staring and decided to act friendly "Ya hungry, sugarcube? Got plenty o' snacks fer ya t' choose from." She said with a welcoming smile.

Jabra looked away and waved a hand with a disinterested expression "No thanks, not interested. I got a lot on my mind as it is."

Rainbow Dash glided towards Applejack and scoffed "Yeah, no need to bother with him, AJ. He's probably thinks he's too good to eat apples anyways." She remarked sarcastically.

Fukuro found another opportune moment to speak impulsively "Actually, it's because he wants to eat-" A flash was on his face, and it vanished to show that Fukuro's mouth was gone, much to his and everyone else's surprise.

Kumadori hopped away and cringed dramatically "Yoyoi~! What cruel fate has be-be-befallen Fukuro~!? The very essence that defines his natural character has been whisked away by forces unseen~!"

"Actually, that was me." Discord cut in nonchalantly "Trust me when I say that it's for the best." He said with a bored expression.

Jabra stared at Fukuro as he flailed his arms and gave off muffled noises from where his mouth used to be. He slowly turned to Discord and gave an uncharacteristic bow "You have my utmost respect, chief Discord." He said in reverence.

Pinkie shrieked in worry "Oh no!" She sped up to Fukuro and held her forelegs out in a comforting gesture "Don't panic, Fukky. This is something I went through myself, only this time it's slightly different. You'll get your mouth back soon, I promise!"

Rainbow Dash looked at Discord "I know he loves to run at the mouth as much as Pinkie Pie, but why'd you go and do that?"

Discord pointed a talon upward with a knowing look in his eyes "Let's just say I just saved you ponies the trouble of labeling these colorful folks as monsters."

Rainbow Dash directed a hoof at Jabra "But he's already a monster." She said in deadpan.

Discord froze before directing his pointed talon to Rainbow Dash "Touche."

Applejack scowled, feeling as if she was being ignored "Can somepony PLEASE tell me what the hay is goin' on here?"

Before anyone could answer, four more bipedal figures appeared out of thin air, startling some of the other ponies around the market square. One of them had a long nose "No sign of them around Sugarcube Corner. Where could it possibly be?"

Another human, one with arched eyebrows and a cold stare scanned around with a pigeon on his shoulder mimicking his gesture. When his eyes rested on Jabra, they narrowed to slits "...I think we found it..." He said with faint annoyance laced in his dispassionate tone.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

:fluttershysad: Poor Fukuro...*snicker*

As I typed along the introduction/conflict with Jabra and Rainbow Dash, I thought back to a similar scene that was in a chapter of 'Friendship is Aura' by KangTheGuardian.

Kang, if you're reading this...I'm not sorry for doing this :pinkiecrazy:

...But really, I am sorry...

I'll bet you think Jabra's gonna get off with a slap on the wrist...If not, then I've grown too pretentious as an amateur author :derpytongue2:

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Peace! :twilightsmile: