• Published 4th Nov 2014
  • 5,775 Views, 340 Comments

He Who Wields The Lightning - Onomonopia

  • ...
19
 340
 5,775

Their "Hero"

"Adam, you've gone too far this time!" Superman roared as he flew towards Adam, only to be swatted away by what used to be the Washington Monument. As Superman was sent sailing into the side of a building, both Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel came flying at him, both of them tackling him and driving him through the streets.

"Do you realize what you have done?!" Captain Marvel yelled at him as he started to punch Black Adam in the face. "Did you even think of all the families that you've torn apart?! All of the innocent lives that have been taken!?"

"Innocent?!" Adam roared as he threw the two heroes off, grabbing the ankle of Marvel and using him to swat Wonder Woman away. "What about all of the innocents of my home?! All of the people who did NOTHING to evoke the wrath that this nation brought upon them!? The nuclear weapons would have been terrible enough, but then you sent Doomsday to my land!? There will be blood spilt here a thousand fold for all the blood that was spilt in my home!" Adam roared as he created a spear of lightning in his hand, preparing to impale Marvel until Superman came flying up to punch him in the face.

"We didn't send those nukes to your country and we sure as hell didn't let Doomsday out of the Phantom Zone!" Superman roared as he threw 'lefts and rights' into Adam's face while the two soared through the air. "We wanted nothing but peace with your home!"

"And now you have brought death!" Adam roared in reply as he chopped Superman in the throat, following up with a knee to the gut that doubled Superman over. Adam slammed both of his fists into Superman's back and sent him through the streets below, kicking up cars and the bodies of those who had not been fast enough to escape. He prepared to fly down and finish Superman when he was aware of power crackling behind him. He turned to see Captain Marvel floating in the air, all of the power of Zeus in his two hands which he pointed at Black Adam.

"And you have brought about your own defeat," Captain Marvel said with rage before he sent all of the lightning into Black Adam's chest, causing the Dark One to roar with pain as the power consumed him, sending him crashing to the ground while his body writhed with pain.

====S=H=A=Z=A=M====

Adam felt that same pain coursing through his body as he weakly opened his eyes--his first sight was a number of eyes that looked down at him with concern. He growled as he realized that he was still stuck with the ponies and that they had not been a dream, but then the pain returned and he silently cried out in agony.

"Hold on Teth, this will sooth your wounds," Celestia said as she placed a greenish liquid on Teth's scarred chest, the liquid seeping into his burns and cuts. On instinct he swatted the vial of liquid out of her grasp and sprang to his feet, preparing to fight, despite the horrible pain that burned through his body. The guards at Celestia's side prepared to engage him, but all Celestia needed to do was hold out a wing to cease their attempted attack. "No, he is hurt and in pain. Attacking him would not end well for any of us. I am truly sorry about this, Teth. I did not mean for--" The look of pure scorn that he gave her caused her words to die in her mouth, and for a moment Teth saw what seemed to be weakness in her eyes.

'A simple look from me is enough to silence this supposed great leader? She is as weak as the ones I knew back home,' Adam thought with disgust as he turned away from her, ignoring the pain while he gazed out the window at the dark and stormy sky.

"Teth, I am sorry for what has happened, but you need to be healed. Your wounds..." Another glare from Teth silenced her once again and she hung her head slightly. "Very well. Since it was my fault that you were injured, I will not pester you any longer. But I beg you to use this healing tonic before your wounds grow worse." Adam did not turn around when she placed the green vial on one of the tables in the room, and he continued to ignore her as she and the guards left the room.

'She has no spine, and she is not a threat. If a simple glance can break her confidence, then I will not need to battle her.' Adam heard rumbling in the distance, a rumbling that had spent all of his life following him. He flung open the twin doors to the balcony and walked through them into the sprinkling rain, rain that fell from black clouds that flashed with lightning overhead. 'There it is. All of my power, yet it is out of my reach...because of those heroes.' He placed his hands on the guard rail and glared into the clouds. 'Would one of those bolts restore me to my greatness or end my suffering now? Either option is preferable to these wastes of life I find myself surrounded by.'

Pain coursed through his body again and this time it was in a much greater degree, causing the human to curse as he marched back inside of the room and picked up the green vial. Even though he loathed to have to stoop to such a menial task, he removed the lid and poured the greenish liquid into the areas that burned the most.

'Pathetic. To think that I am reduced to this state where I must rely on these insignificant ponies to aid me. It shames me to my core,' he thought with fury as he placed the vial back on the table, turning back towards the black sky when the room shook from the rumble of the thunder. 'A day ago that lightning was mine to command and the thunder was my voice, but now...' He decided that he would rather take the chance with the lightning than stay in the room, so he felt the rain wash down his slightly bearded face. 'Curse you wizard. I will find a way back and then I shall rain lightning upon-'

"Cookie?" Adam felt the desire to jump at the voice that suddenly seemed to appear next to him, but his training and self-control kept him calm. With rage that would have cowed the Kryptonian, he looked down at the small, golden filly that offered him a small treat. She was unaffected by his rage, but she retracted her offer and munched down on it herself. "Okay, you could just say no. Oops, sorry, I didn't mean--" Adam wished he could make any sound to let the creature know how much she annoyed him, but all he could do was glare and that wasn't enough to be rid of her.

"I'm sorry, I think we got off on the wrong hoof the other day," the small filly said as she held out a hoof with a half eaten cookie in it. "I'm Sunnysmiles!" Adam debated throwing her over the balcony right there, but despite her annoying nature he saw no reason to respond with force.

'If I ignore her, she will eventually have to go away,' he thought to himself as he turned back to look at the thundering clouds, leaving the outstretched hoof hanging there.

"Um, while it may be different for humans in Equestria, we shake the hooves of other ponies," Sunnysmiles said kindly, but aside from a sneer Adam took no notice of what she had said. With a pout she turned to look at the sky as well while eating her snack, until a blinding flash went off followed by a roar that caused her to jump ten feet into the air and take cover behind Adam's legs. While Adam rarely laughed, he did consider the spectacle to be amusing as the little pony shivered behind him. "S-sorry, but lightning terrifies me."

'Then you should not be trying to make friends with me.'

"My mom always used to tell me that lightning was caused by some sort of natural occurrence in the sky."

'That is the correct answer.'

"But my dad said it was because gods were fighting in the heavens, each of them trying to impose their will on the other."

'That is my answer.'

Sunnysmiles continued to try and make talk with Teth, but between the flashes of lightning that terrified her and the indifference of the human, she soon gave up on the idea all together. She turned to head back inside, but not before turning around to give Adam a kind smile.

"Teth...thanks for saving me. I know you don't like us and that we haven't really done much to earn your trust, but...it was nice. If it wasn't for your attitude, I would consider you a hero." Adam never turned around, but he did listen to her words instead of the thunder for a moment, before going back to his thoughts. He had considered destroying these creatures when he returned to his glory, but now he couldn't care less about them. The only things they would be harmful to was themselves.

'I cannot focus on them, not when I must take vengeance for my people,' Adam mused as he gripped the bars of the railing tightly, lightning flashing all around him while he looked to the sky with bloody vengeance in his eyes. 'And only when I have destroyed everything you have worked so hard to protect wizard, will I finally strike you down.' The storm sent down more lightning as if it agreed with him, leaving the human standing in the middle of a thunder storm and an internal storm.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that I also got you a drink!" Sunnysmiles said from beside Adam.

====S=H=A=Z=A=M====

'Well that ended well.' Celestia sighed softly to herself as she did her best to manipulate the moon, despite not being able to see it through the cloud cover. She frowned to herself, that despite her having to do this for about a thousand years, she still couldn't get the moon as perfectly placed as her sister. 'My first chance to speak with an actual human, and it ends with him hating me and probably all ponies. Sister, what would you have done?'

"Something the matter, Celestia?" Radiance asked as she walked up behind Celestia on the balcony, barely able to see the glow of the moon through the thundering darkness that surrounded the city.

"I'm just upset about what happened with Teth," Celestia said to her filly as she figured that the moon was placed well enough. "And how many times must I ask you to call me, 'Mother'? We are family now."

"Sure. Sunnysmiles told me that she went to talk to Teth, and she said from the look on his face it looked like he wanted to kill her," Radiance said with a fire in her voice that Celestia had come to realize meant that she was on the verge of an outburst. "Why do you keep him around anyway? It's obvious that he's dangerous and it's obvious that he doesn't like any of us, so why not do what he wants and get him far away from us?"

"Radiance, the reason the human hates us is my fault. I should not have brought him into the training area so soon," Celestia admitted as she felt the rain against her coat, the weather matching how she was feeling. "But I saw the way he looked at us with such scorn and dislike, I thought that if I showed him what our magic could do he would cease those looks. Seems that all it did was anger him further." Radiance didn't respond as she looked through the flashing clouds to see the vague outline of the moon.

"So...what was Luna like?" Radiance asked. Celestia was about to respond, but at that moment a guard entered her chambers and bowed respectfully to the pair before speaking.

"Princess...the human wants to see you," he said with hesitation. Celestia said to let him in and the guard bowed before opening the door to let Adam in. He stalked into the room with Sunnysmiles tucked under his arm and a look on his face that slightly scared Celestia as he walked up to her, looking into her eyes before deliberately dropping Sunnysmiles at her hooves. Sunnysmiles stuck her tongue out at Adam as he turned to leave before looking up at Celestia with an innocent smile.

"Anyway Celestia, you talking about your sister?" Radiance asked as she and her sister sat down. Celestia wondered if she should talk about this now, but then she noticed that Teth was standing at the door with a hand on it, listening as well.

"Luna is my sister, who controls the moon while I control the sun," Celestia said. While Sunnysmiles and Radiance looked up at her with a bit of awe at her powers, she could see from his face that Teth was not impressed. "While I am generally more in control and reserved, she is headstrong and prefers a 'strike first' kind of plan. However, that is what made the two of us so good at ruling, since I would keep the peace through words and Luna would enforce it if needed."

"But then she became super jealous of you, right?" Sunnysmiles asked, to which Celestia nodded sadly.

"Yes, and in her jealous state she became a monster, a monster that ponies now fear as Nightmare Moon." Adam scoffed silently at the name, wondering if it had been a child that had thought it up. "She had become jealous that ponies preferred to stay awake and play in the sun while they slept during her beloved night. With rage in her heart, she attacked me and tried to bring Canterlot down. I...had to use the Elements of Harmony, our greatest source of magic, Teth, to defeat her and banish her to the moon for a thousand years...an act that I still haven't forgiven myself for."

'Banish her to the moon? This fool of a leader is obviously far too weak to do that,' Adam sneered. 'Though these Elements do interest me. If they are powerful enough to banish a pony to the moon, then perhaps they can be used to free me from my binds.'

"So what happened to the Elements of Harmony?" Radiance asked, as if reading Adam's thoughts. "If you have such a powerful magic, then defeating the changelings would have been easy." Celestia bit her lip before answering, though she did notice that Adam looked slightly confused at the changeling bit.

"After banishing my sister to the moon, I was weak...broken," Celestia explained.

'And it seems that nothing has changed in those thousand years.'

"And in my broken state, I could no longer feel the connection to the Elements as I once did, so I hid them in a place that nopony would think to look until they were needed again," Celestia said sadly. Radiance looked like she wanted to hear more, but Sunnysmiles let out a yawn before blinking tiredly. "But that is enough of the past for tonight. The two of you must be tired and it is far too late for young fillies as yourselves. Come now, time for bed. And Teth, please wait here. I wish to talk to you." Teth snarled at the way she spoke to him so carelessly, but with nothing else to do he sat down and waited for whatever the fool wished to talk to him about.

"Now both of you sleep soundly, we're going to have a big day tomorrow," Celestia said to the two fillies as she tucked them into their bed. Sunnysmiles let out a soft yawn as well as a cough before she snuggled into her covers and closed her eyes, the soft snores that came from her a moment later told Celestia that she was asleep.

"What's happening tomorrow?" Radiance asked as she was tucked in as well.

"Well, I'm thinking that it's time that we take your training to the next level, but I'm also considering having another student besides you," Celestia said as she gently kissed Raidance on the head before doing the same for Sunnysmiles. "But in news that the land will probably care more about, I'm going to properly introduce Teth to the world. Rumors have already begun to spread and I want them to know that he won't be a problem."

"He's already a problem and he can't even talk," Radiance said with a smirk before closing her eyes as well. "But he did save my sister, so I guess he's not all bad. Just a pain." Celestia smiled at her daughters before turning and leaving, closing the door behind her as thunder still rumbled outside.

'Banished to the moon for misuse of powers eh? All that means is she wasn't strong enough to fight for her beliefs,' Teth thought to himself, knowing that it had taken the entire Justice League to bring him down and even then he had brought some of them with him before he had fallen. If he had fallen to Celestia and her...Elements, he would have left the planet himself and never returned from shame. He heard the door opening behind him and he slightly turned his head to see Celestia enter.

"Hello Teth," Celestia said kindly, only to get another sneer from Adam as he turned to look at the storm. Celestia sighed before walking in front of him and placing herself between him and the window, much to the human's annoyance. "I am sorry to be so pushy, but you are going to have a big day tomorrow. The ponies of Equestria have heard rumors of a human being held in the castle and already they are clamoring to at least see you. So tomorrow I give them what they want and give them a chance to meet you." She flinched slightly from the daggers Teth glared at her, but she cleared her throat and continued talking. "I will explain everything that you have told us to them so you don't have to say...write anything, but you will have quill and parchment in case you need to speak."

'If only I could speak, Celestia, then you would not be so flippant in your words to me,' Teth snarled before he got up and walked past her to the doors to leave.

"Teth?" Despite not caring what she wanted, Teth stopped for a moment, though he did not turn around to face her. "Thank you for protecting Sunnysmiles the other day. What I made Radiance do, was foolish to try with such an inexperienced pony, and I could have gotten both of them hurt. And I know that you don't care for any of us, but they...mean so much to me. Even though I've only known the two a short time, they already feel like family. Like they can help to heal up a hole in my chest that has been there ever since I lost my sister."

Teth knew that feeling all too well, though when he had found the man that had taken his family away from him, he had made sure that there was a hole where his heart used to be as well. He glared back at Celestia, as if asking why was she wasting his time with these words, causing the white alicorn to sigh.

"I just wanted you to know that your actions are appreciated and that one day...I will pay you back for saving her," Celestia said softly. Teth flung open the doors after she said this and walked to his quarters, not caring about Celestia or her promise to help him. She had already shown that she couldn't repair his voice and there was nothing else he wanted from the ponies. He felt pain begin to burn along his limbs again and with a silent growl he picked up the green vial, taking some of the medicine and placing it along his wounds.

'What could she possibly offer me that I could not just take, once my voice has returned?' he thought to himself as he lay down on the bed and stared at the images drawn onto the ceiling. 'I have no need for anything they can offer. All I have, all I need, is my revenge. And once I have that, I will need nothing else.'

He turned his head and looked over at the table that rested beside the bed, where he found that the cookies and the drink that Sunnysmiles had brought for him earlier were still there. He went to turn away from them, before his stomach grumbled a bit, and he realized with a snarl that since he was no longer enchanted he now had to eat and sleep to stay alive. Despite his protests, he reached over and took the snacks, hesitating for a moment before he bit down on one and ate it.

'It will suffice for now,' he thought as he finished both the snacks and the drink off quickly, before leaning back onto the bed and closing his eyes. 'I suppose that they are not entirely as useless as I thought. I will still not regret being rid of them first chance I can get.'

====S=H=A=Z=A=M====

"Hey, Radiance!" Sunnysmiles yelled happily as she jumped up and down on her sister's chest, causing the white unicorn to throw her sister off of her before grumbling something as she tried to get back to sleep. "Awe, come on Sis, don't be like that! Today's the day that Celestia is going to show Teth off to the ponies of Equestria! Everypony for miles is going to be there!"

"Good. Maybe somepony will buy him and get him off our hooves," Radiance mumbled before she rolled over again. Sunnysmiles leapt off the bed and pulled back the blinds to their room, allowing the golden rays of the sun to bathe the room with their warmth. Radiance let out a groan as she figured the battle for sleep was lost, and she slowly sat up to get tackled by her sister. The two wrestled on the floor for a moment before Celestia knocked on the door and entered, smiling at the two as they rolled around on the floor.

"Come now you two, you have to get ready," Celestia said as she lifted the both of them off the floor with her magic and dusted them off. "The two of you are going to be at your first regal appearance today and you need to look your best."

"Regal appearance?" Radiance asked as Celestia helped them get ready for the day. "But neither of us are royalty."

"You are my daughters now," Celestia said with a kind smile as she helped Sunnysmiles fight her mane down so it didn't stick out like she had been struck by lightning. "Which does make you royalty. In fact, it seems that a lot more of the news and press ponies are showing up to see you instead of Teth. You're going to be all over the papers." Sunnysmiles let out a squeal of excitement as Radiance looked up at Celestia with disbelief in her eyes.

"We're going to be princesses?" she asked, with a hint of joy under her shocked tone.

"Well, technically I'm still a princess, so I guess that would make you...actually I'm not sure what that would make the two of you," Celestia said with a shrug before turning to leave. "But that doesn't matter right now. Right now there are a large number of ponies in the throne room who would love to meet the newest royalty in Equestria. So come on, let's go introduce yourselves."